April 25, 2024, 07:12:48 PM

Author Topic: 2013 Lucozade Goal Shield Thread.  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2013 Lucozade Goal Shield Thread.
« on: April 11, 2013, 05:26:56 AM »
Caledonia defend Goal Shield.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Caledonia AIA begin the defence of the Lucozade Goal Shield trophy tomorrow when taking on St Ann’s Rangers in the opening match of a quarterfinal double-header, at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya.

“We are defending champions and what we do in the competition is important,” stated Caledonia AIA coach Jerry Moe. “Rangers will not be an easy game...they are a very competitive team.”

The 2013 edition of the Goal Shield was launched yesterday at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium, in Port of Spain. One of four Pro League knockout competitions, the Goal Shield begins tomorrow with double-headers at Macoya and the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Sponsors Lucozade have pumped $80,000 into the competition, including a $20,000 first prize and $10,000 for the runners-up. There will also be cash prizes for goals scored—an incentive to produce attractive football and high-scoring matches. Each goal scored in the final will be worth $3,000 to the team scoring it, while semifinal and quarterfinal goals are valued at $2,000 and $1,000, respectively.

Read More

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:36:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2013 Lucozade Goal Shield Thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 05:46:19 AM »
They should include the Super League teams as well.

They need to heise up the level of the Super League. Therefore- they should be included in all knockout competition, but say what, I am just a supporter....

;D

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:53:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »
Tonights Results

Defence Force 6 - 1 T&TEC
Jorsling 20' 36'              own goal 45'   
Carter 65' 67'
Roy 80'
Belgrave 90 +1'

W.Connection 4 - 0 Police
Arcia 31'
Britto 46'
Rijssel 56'
Jones 68'

Caledonia 4 - 1 St Anns Rangers

David 39'         Charles 90+1'   
Gay 47'
Lester 86'
Lewis 88'

North East Stars 1 - 0  Central F.C.
Manners 29'

Only saw North East vs Central.  Big difference in the two teams was Cornell Glen, who maintains the top spot in my list of Pro League strikers. Superb movement, and creates chances out of nothing. Hobbled off near end of first half and North East looked like they lost half the team. As usual, my opinion is biased, but for the third game in a row, Central looked the better team, but cannot dominate the final third. Second half was pretty much one way traffic, with Gabriel as the North East outlet causing problems on the breaks. Sterling defensive work by the Stars defenders and several last minute chaotic moments in the Stars 18 yard box, but as often this season, Sharks failed to win due to their lack of penetration in the final third.
On the bright side it was good to see Rondell Winchester play 45 minutes and it was a shame that 16 year old Nicholas Dillon didn't make it from the subs bench. From my point of view, many positives and already looking forward to next season!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 04:03:03 AM »
FS, thanx for your update. Sorry to see Central is out already.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 07:04:07 AM »
FS, thanx for your update. Sorry to see Central is out already.

Yeah, we really thought we had a chance with this one....3 victories and you get the cup! But, that's football, and that's why we love the game! Good luck to North East!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:59 AM »
They pay allyuh back for de FA Cup.

Central need to win something this year.

Ah hope they do.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 05:09:26 AM »
Former winners Connection, Stars push into Lucozade Sport Goal Shield semis.
ttproleague.com.

Former winners DIRECTV W Connection and North East Stars are into the semi-final round of the 2013 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield, joining defending champions Caledonia AIA and two-time finalists Defence Force.

Connection overpowered Police FC 4-0 in the second quarter-final clash at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday night, while simultaneously at the Marvin Lee Stadium, the Stars edged Central FC 1-0 with a 29th minute item from attacker Elijah Manners.

Two minutes later (31st minute) at the Couva venue, striker Hashim Arcia opened Connection’s account against the Lawmen.

And there was no chance of a comeback by Police in the second period with Connection hitting the target three more times with items by Jerrel Britto (46th minute), Stefano Rijssel (56th minute) and Joevin Jones (68th minute) to advance into the semi-final round on Friday 19 April.

Apart from the Stars’ slim victory over Central FC, the Lucozade Sport Goal Shield lived up to its name in the quarter-final round with 17 goals scored.

Clearly clubs are tempted by the unique cash for goals incentive which will see the base $20,000 for the L/S Goal Shield Champions increase by $1,000 for every goal in the QF round, $2,000 for every goal scored in the SF round, and $3,000 for every goal scored in the Final.

While the LSGS runners up will receive a base of $10,000 for the LSGS Champions and $500 for every goal in the QF round, $1,000 for every goal scored in the SF round, and $1,500 for every goal scored in the Final.

However no monies will be awarded for penalty kicks used to decide the winner of a match in the case of a draw.

Read More

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Stars, Connection reaches 2013 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield Final.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »
Former winners Stars, Connection reaches 2013 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield Final.
ttproleague.com.

DIRECTV W Connection and North East Stars, both former winners, will meet in the Final of the 2013 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield in early May.

This after the Stars defeated Defence Force 5-4 on penalties following a 1-1 stalemate in semi-final one at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Friday, followed by Connection ousting defending champions Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille with a 2-1 Joevin Jones inspired win in semi-final two.

For Connection and Caledonia, it was a matter of cancelling each other in the first half, but separated by a 39th minute Jones’ item.

Clearly unfortunate for Caledonia and its Grenada National Team goalkeeper Shemel Louision, when Jones’ left footed strike from above the area following a neat buildup by Connection deflected off defender Akeem Thomas and ended into the back of the net.

Caledonia surely considered themselves unlucky when just before the halftime whistle when a slightly deflected Akim Armstrong effort swooshed over-bar. 

And nine minutes inside the second period attacker Keyon Edwards failed to make solid contact on Armstrong’s cross with the goal at his mercy.

But a minute later (55th), Armstrong ended a quick flowing movement by Caledonia with a curling strike into the corner of goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa’s net to level the scores 1-1 and set the second half alight.

Connection pressed to restore its advantage but was denied by goalkeeper Louision in the 73rd minute with the Grenadian preserving the scoreline by making a terrific save to measure a header by Andrei Pacheco off Kurt Frederick cross swung in from the left.

Then in the 79th minute from a Jones’ freekick which left defender Aubrey David fully sprawled, the ball miraculously trickled just wide. And in the 86t minute from another Connection freekick, substitute Silvio Spann struck wide.

But Connection finally got the winner in the 92nd minute of play through a spectacular Jones finish.

Read More

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:43:48 AM by Flex »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stars, Connection reaches 2013 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield Final.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 09:55:48 PM »
Jumbie Joevin: N/East singles out Connection star for Cup final

By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Twenty-one-year-old DIRECTV W Connection midfield star Joevin Jones is likely to be the centre of attention in the 2013 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield  as his semi-final heroics will earn him some undesirable attention when Connection faces North East Stars in next month’s cup final.

Jones, a gifted utility player who is employed in central midfield for Connection, scored both goals in a 2-1 win that eliminated defending Shield champions Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA on Friday night at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya.

Stars edged Defence Force 5-4 on penalty kicks in the second semi-final after the two teams ended regulation time locked at one goal apiece.

It was Stars’ fourth penalty shoot-out this season and the Sangre Grande-based club was successful each time. But then head coach Angus Eve does not believe in leaving things to chance.

“Once we are playing in a cup, we practice penalties from two days before the game and we coach our keepers too,” said Eve, who holds Trinidad and Tobago’s record for international appearances with 117 caps. “I was a penalty kicker myself.  Nine out of ten times, if a player closes his body and goes straight he is going to go for a particular one side. So we do work with the goalkeepers on different looks of different kickers.

“We do our homework and we go to all games and watch how players kick penalties... It is good that the league plays once a week so we can prepare properly for our opponents in every game and that has been our strength in the last rounds.”

Eve has Jones in his line of vision now while he will also tell his squad to target another talented young Connection player. Lanky 22-year-old defender Daneil Cyrus is another mainstay in the present national senior team and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

But the Stars coach thinks Cyrus can be rattled and intends to get at Connection by unsettling its two best players.

“Connection relies heavily on Joevin to make things happen,” Eve told Wired868, “and he is a player we will look closely at. Cyrus is always prone to a mistake at the back as well so we will be looking out for that too.”

Jones will take some stopping. The slender midfielder with a cannon for a left foot has probably been the Pro League’s best player over the past three months.

In the first five months of the season, Jones had four goals, which includes strikes in the Digicel Charity Shield and the CONCACAF Club Championship. He has scored 12 times in the three months since February. Trinidad and Tobago’s domestic football scene has probably not had such a prolific midfielder since ex-World Cup 2006 playmaker Aurtis Whitley was at San Juan Jabloteh.

“I think my form is better now,” said Jones. “I’m more focused and I’m taking my chances better. I was really primed up for that game against Caledonia because we haven’t won anything yet.

“We went through a rough patch with players leaving the club and so on. So now we want to focus on winning the two cups left and qualifying for the CONCACAF Cup.”

Jones is a product of the football factory that is the Carenage village and the son of former “Strike Squad” defender Kelvin Jones and nephew of late defender Richard “Bomber” Theodore, whose career was cut short after falling off a tree while still in his 20s. Theodore was a key member of the 1991 Portugal Under-20 World Cup team, which was the first Trinidad and Tobago squad to participate in a FIFA tournament.

“My uncle Richard Theodore is my motivation,” said Jones. “When he fell off the tree, I would go see him after he returned from the hospital and it was so sad to see the state he was in.

“He wanted to reach far in football and he never got the chance to live his dream. I told myself that I would live the dream for him.”

Eve played alongside Theodore on the 1991 squad that also included 2006 World Cup players Dwight Yorke and Clayton Ince. Now, a promising coach, he aims to stand in Jones’ way.

The Stars team is undefeated after four games against Connection this season and Eve steered his outfit to triumph in three of those meetings.

“There are things I can say that I won’t say (about why we have done well against Connection),” said Eve. “Stuartie (Charles-Fevrier) is one of the guys I respect most as a coach and I really admire the football Connection tries to play. But sometimes your strength is your weakness.”

Stars already lifted the Toyota Classic title this season after another penalty shoot-out win over Defence Force. For Connection, the Pro League’s most successful club, the Lucozade Sport Goal Shield represents a maiden final this term.

“It is always good to be in a final and have a chance to win some silverware,” said Connection chairman David John Williams. “The players have worked well during this competition and they deserve it.”

Williams made special mention of the club’s gifted midfielder.

“Jones has been on song as you see from his two strikes in the semi-final,” he said, “especially his winner in added-on time, which was a wonderful goal.”

Jones is not fazed by the thought of special attention from Stars’ midfield hardmen like Jeromie Williams and Keryn Navarro.

“You know a good player if he can handle that on the day and still pop up and make a difference,” he said, with a smile.

And what about Connection’s four-game stretch without a win and just one goal scored against the Stars?

“It was the same thing with Cale (on Friday),” said Jones. “So everyone came out focused to do something about that. And everybody is going to come out with their ‘A’ game for Stars.”

Eve has a not-so-secret weapon himself that should be ready to detonate at the Goal Shield final. Stars striker Cornell Glen missed the semi-final win over Defence Force with a calf strain but is expected to be fit for the final.

Glen has scored 16 of Stars’ 26 League goals this season, which is just over 61 percent of the club’s items. And his pace, strength and aggression would provide a real test for Cyrus.

Jones is the island’s hottest prospect. But Glen is the finished article and the finishing article.

The respective sub-plots should lead to an intriguing final.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:16:13 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »
W Connection outshoots Stars to lift Lucozade Sport Goal Shield.
ttproleague.com.

Twice would have certainly been nice for North East Stars. However it was DIRECTV W Connection that triumphed on Friday night at the Marvin Lee Stadium in the Final of the 2012-2013 season Lucozade Sport Goal Shield.

Connection finished 4-3 winners on kicks from the penalty spot following a goalless stalemate to lift its second ever Goal Shield and maiden title this season. Connection lifted the inaugural title in 2009.

“Don’t ever count us out!” said W Connection owner/President David John-Williams, illustrating his joy with a huge smile.

While North East Stars notably without its ace goalscorer Cornell Glen, due to a calf strain picked up in the quarterfinal round, finished runners up, falling to its first defeat this season against the central club after five meetings.

“It was a tight game,” summarized Connection Technical Director/Head Coach and the tournament’s Most Outstanding Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier. “It was a Final and no team wanted to take unnecessary risks, so in the end it came to the penalties. We are aware that in football penalties are very much part of the game. We prepared very well for that eventuality, and our players did execute, and we are very pleased.”

Connection’s Colombian goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa made two stops, denying the Stars’ fist (Elijah Manners) and fourth (Keithy Simpson) penalty kickers bettering a superb shutout by goalkeeper Cleon John against the ‘Savonnetta Boys’ second kick (Silvio Spann).

“I saw their penalty kickers against Defence Force (in the semi-final round),” said Figueroa. “…so I had a good idea of what to expect.”

North East Stars reached Friday’s Final by defeating the Soldiers 5-4 on penalty kicks with goalkeeper John making two saves, all following a 1-1 draw. And it was two saves from John on kicks from the penalty mark against the Tetron based Defence Force that the Sangre Grande club lifted this season’s Toyota Classic title last December 4-2 on penalties following a 2-2 draw.

Unfortunately John’s quality and heroics between the uprights only afforded the Angus Eve-coached Stars one save, as Connection’s Joevin Jones, Tremain Shayn Paul, Jomal Williams and Clyde Leon celebrated goals against the Trinidad and Tobago international.

“It’s nice, nice, nice,” said Figueroa, clearly enjoying being back at Connection.

Figueroa, now 34, who represented Connection between 2001 and 2005 only returned to the club in January as replacement for Jan Michael-Williams, who eventually departed the club in March, as a result of a verbal bust-up between himself and Fevrier.

“There are about five players that I played with before,” Figueroa continued. “But the new players are also good players and I’m enjoying it. I was glad to do my part and help us win the (Lucozade Sport Goal Shield) title tonight.”

“Alejandro is a very experienced goalkeeper,” explained Fevrier. “Alejandro knows the club as well because he has been with us in the past.”

The Colombian had little work during regulation time against the Stars and 2010 Goal Shield winners, who failed at adding a second title to the Sangre Grande cabinet this season.

In the 28th minute Figueroa thwarted a tame effort from distance by Stars’ midfielder Jeromie Williams, and did the same against second half attempts by substitute Micah Lewis (56th minute) and Elton John (88th minute).

But it was Lewis who should have had the Stars in front with the opportunity of the match. Lewis was played in by a pass on the right by Kerry Baptiste but after taking a touch towards goal, the Stars’ winger launched a weak strike towards Figueroa near first post.

Baptiste later received what was his second booking on the night in the 72nd minute after a foul on Daneil Cyrus, reducing the Stars to ten men. And Connection were down to ten men as well, by the 81st minute, when no nonsense referee Rodphin Harris also gave Stefano Rijssel his marching orders with a direct red card for what everyone presumed dissent.

Following the match Connection’s assistant coach Earl Jean shared that Rijssel, of Suriname, explained he was only shouting to one of his teammates.

Rijssel had earlier forced the first real save out of goalkeeper John with a strike from the top of the area in the 53rd minute, followed by an ignored penalty shout by Connection when Jones went down inside the area five minutes later against defender Kareem Moses.

Then in the 63rd minute from a freekick just outside the area following a foul on Rijssel by Moses, Jones whipped a left footed attempt over the wall but that was easily gathered by John.

North East Stars did well to keep Jones, eventual Most Outstanding Player of the tournament, at bay, however the 21 year old was still the liveliest on the night.

Eighteen minutes into the match a Jones free kick from the right offered Cyrus a chance at goal, but the defender’s glancing header only guided the ball over.

And a minute later Jones tried his luck from distance, but the bouncing effort wasn’t really threat for goalkeeper John.

Jones was at it again in the 38th minute but sliced his effort well wide. Teammate Andrei Pacheco had a tame one at John in the 45th minute, and before the halftime whistle, solid defending by Glenton Wolfe choked another Pacheco effort.

North East Stars meantime didn’t get the expected Glen effect, upfront, from Elijah Manners who had a difficult time against the Connection backline with veteran Eligah Joseph and new standout Cyrus.

Backed by a rhythm section and its very vocal supporters, the Sangre Grande club had the last bite at the cherry in the 92nd minute when substitute Keithy Simpson struck wide of the upper corner and should have done much better after the cleared ball from a corner fell to him just inside the area.

Then it was down to kicks from the penalty spot deciding the winner.

“It’s a joy when you work hard and get success,” Fevrier said. “This week was a very important week for us. It’s a week we really planned to detail, because it was a week where we had to qualify for the CONCACF Champions’ League, which was top of our priority, and a week where we had to win our maiden trophy this season.”

Connection who defeated Police FC 4-0 in the Goal Shield quarterfinal round and ousted last season’s champs Caledonia 2-1 in the semi-final round, qualified out of the Caribbean for the 2013-2014 CONCACAF Champions’ League earlier this week. Last Friday Connection defeated Caledonia 4-0 in their opening Group One match of the Caribbean qualifiers and on Tuesday drew 0-0 with Antigua and Barracuda USL Pro outfit Barracuda FC to top the group.

“Every season we win one of the titles and this (Lucozade Sport Goal Shield) Final was very critical for us and we are very happy that we were able to win this trophy,” continued the Connection coach.

Apart from crediting goalkeeper Figueroa, Fevrier said, “Clyde (Leon) and (Joevin) Jones are two of our (Trinidad and Tobago) national players and they have the experience to be calm and were able to give the other players confidence, and they delivered.”

However celebrations would be brief, as explained by Fevrier.

He said, “We have game on Monday against Defence Force. We have been playing almost every two days and we won’t have much time to enjoy this because on Monday we are back at work. We have to show humility and keep focus for our next game on Monday against Defence Force in the League.

Then there is still the (Digicel) Pro Bowl to play for and it gives us and all the other teams, the opportunity to win another trophy. We also have to plan for the CONCACAF Champions’ League. So we have a lot on our plate that we have to prepare for in a very short time.”

Connection, third on the Digicel Pro League and tied with 32 points as fourth positioned North East Stars, will take on leaders Defence Force (43 points) in Round Three Match Day Six from 6pm on Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium followed by fifth positioned Central FC (27 points) against second positioned Caledonia AIA (39 points) from 8pm.

Simultaneously at the Marvin Lee Stadium, bottom of the table T&TEC FC (8 points) will take on the Stars from 6pm, and from 8pm seventh positioned St. Ann’s Rangers (12 points) and sixth positioned Police FC (15 points) will trash it out.

Lucozade Sport Goal Shield Final
Friday 3 May 2013
Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya
Regular time score

W Connection 0 – 0 North East Stars

Kicks from the penalty spot

North East Stars (3)                 W Connection (4)
1. Elijah Manners (saved)          1. Joevin Jones (scored)
2. Elton John (scored)               2. Silvio Spann (saved)
3. Kareem Moses (scored)         3. Tremain Shayn Paul (scored)
4. Keithy Simpson (saved)         4. Jomal Williams (scored)
5. Kennedy Hinkson (scored)    5. Clyde Leon (scored)

Teams

W Connection—21. Alejandro Figueroa, 8. Clyde Leon(capt.), 4. Daneil Cyrus (Yellow Card), 5. Eligah Joseph, 12. Gerrard Williams, 14, Hashim Arcia (42. Tremain Shayn Paul 69th), 17. Andrei Pacheco(29. Jomal Williams 59th) (Yellow Card), 25. Christian Viveros (Yellow Card) (20. Silvio Spann 89th), 26. Stefano Rijssel (Red Card), 32. Kurt Frederick, 36. Joevin Jones (Yellow Card).

Unused substitutes—22. Aquelius Sylvester, 2. Jelani Grosvenor, 39. Alvin Jones, 65. Neil Benjamin.

Coach—Stuart Charles Fevrier.

North East Stars—22. Cleon John (capt.), 2. Kareem Moses (Yellow Card), 4. Kerry Baptiste (Yellow Card+Yellow Card=Red Card), 6. Jeromie Williams (Yellow Card) (32. Keithy Simpson 77th), 7. Elijah Manners, 11. Elton John, 17. Jayson Joseph (45. Marcus Gomez 59th), 18. Kaashif Thomas (8. Micah Lewis 49th), 19. Glenton Wolfe, 23. Kennedy Hinkson, 25. Keryn Navarro.

Unused substitutes—1. Adrian Foncette, 9. Akiel Guevara, 12. Gary Glasgow, 15. Kaydion Gabriel.

Coach—Angus Eve.

Match Referee—Rodphin Harris
Assistant Referee 1—Dion Neil
Assistant Referee 2—Ainsley Rochard
Fourth Official—Neil Brizan

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »
Forum, allyuh think it make sense for TT pro-leaugue to follow the Fifa football calender. It seems that nobady taking on this league. Should they go back to the old schedule from May to Dec.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Lucozade Goal Shield Thread.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »
Forum, allyuh think it make sense for TT pro-leaugue to follow the Fifa football calender. It seems that nobady taking on this league. Should they go back to the old schedule from May to Dec.

You acting like people use to take it on before.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 05:49:27 AM »

What calendar ?

Nobody ain't know when or where is the next set of Pro League games, so even if I want to go and take on a game, I can't. Even if I want to go to T&T on vacation next month and want to take on a game I still can't because no one knows when or where the next game is.

;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:25:47 AM »

What calendar ?

Nobody ain't know when or where is the next set of Pro League games, so even if I want to go and take on a game, I can't. Even if I want to go to T&T on vacation next month and want to take on a game I still can't because no one knows when or where the next game is.

;D

Now try making some money from your home games!

We distributed free tickets to attendees at our Easter coaching school for our last "home" game vs Caledonia. At that time it was carded for Friday 3rd May, but the venue had not been announced. Now the game is Monday 6th May at 8pm. This means that most of the schoolkids we wanted to come won't be able to because they wouldn't reach home until after 11pm on a school night.

But, again, I must reiterate, much of this is due to the one operational stadium being taken off the grid for the CFU games, leaving Marvin Lee as the only available venue.

Very frustrating.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 06:46:50 AM »
Are there games today ?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
Are there games today ?

Double Headers tomorrow (Monday)

6pm W.Connection vs Defence Force and 8pm Central F.C. vs Caledonia at Ato Boldon

6pm T&TEC vs North East and 8pm St Anns Rangers vs Police at Marvin Lee
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:19:35 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:12 AM »
Thanx

1]; } ?>