March 28, 2024, 11:04:31 AM

Author Topic: Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:58:15 AM »
Just as I was saying.  What can't you be born?  More depravity to come for sure. 

Souce:  http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/04/03/pedophilia-is-a-sexual-orientation-under-ca-bill/

Posted by
Lisa A

California Congresswoman, Rep. Jackie Speier CA (D), wants to federalize a state law to prohibit counseling to change a person’s sexual orientation. That doesn’t sound that extreme, but pedophilia is a sexual orientation according to this bill as well.

Under the bill’s language, a mental health counselor could be sanctioned if there was an attempt to get a pedophile or gay individual to change his behavior or speak negatively about their behavior as it relates to sexuality.

The bill calls on states to prohibit efforts to change a minor’s sexual orientation, even if the minor requests it, saying that doing so is “dangerous and harmful.”

The text of the legislation doesn’t specifically ban “gay” conversion therapy. Instead, it prohibits attempts to change a person’s sexual orientation.

“Sexual orientation change efforts’ means any practices by mental health providers that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation,” the bill says.

Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that, “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation.” However, the Democrats defeated the amendment. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law, and accordingly decided that pedophilia is a sexual orientation that should be equally as embraced as homosexuality.

“This language is so broad and vague, it arguably could include all forms of sexual orientation, including pedophilia,” said Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute. “It’s not just the orientation that is protected—the conduct associated with the orientation is protected as well.”

Who Cares If Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation?

It also means that, if pedophilia is a sexual orientation, that discrimination laws also apply to pedophiles. That means you cannot block a pedophile from being a preschool teacher or any other high-risk occupation.

Recently, a United States District Court Judge, William Shubb, sided with Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) by granting their plaintiffs a preliminary injunction against the legislation, which is known as California SB 1172.

“Because the court finds that SB 1172 is subject to strict scrutiny and is unlikely to satisfy this standard, the court finds that plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits of their claims based on violations of their rights to freedom of speech under the First Amendment,” wrote Judge Shubb.

“This victory sends a clear signal to all those who feel they can stifle religious freedom, free speech, and the rights of parents without being contested,” said PJI President, Brad Dacus. “We at PJI are ready to fight this battle all the way to the Supreme Court, if necessary.

“This will be a long, grueling battle with tremendous consequences for generations to come. We are grateful to those who are willing to support us in this critical time to preserve our freedoms and protect our children,” he continued.

Thankfully, for the time being, this legislation has been blocked, but many questions still remain.

This bill establishes a dangerous precedent for normalizing the behavior of pedophiles while stripping parents of their rights and peace of mind.

One can certainly make the argument that homosexuals are “born that way,” and we generally would not dispute that. However, when we have legislators that want to extend the “born that way” defense to pedophiles, this crosses a very dangerous line.

Whether a pedophile is born that way or not, it still does not make their behavior acceptable in any way.

If so, then you could declare rapists are “born that way.” They can’t help that they need to rape! Poor them!

Let’s be real.

Sex between an adult and a child too young to understand what is going on is not the same thing as sex between two consenting adults.

The operative word here is “consenting.” Children—by both law and basic common sense—cannot “consent.” If Jackie Spier had a son or daughter, and an adult “had consensual sex” with him or her, we do not believe that what she would be so adamant about protecting them.

What liberals conveniently ignore is the fact that all societies who participated in pedophilia—such as the Hittites, Canaanites, Greeks, and Romans—eventually caved in on themselves due to corruption and depravity.

Further, let’s not also forget that their favorite form of entertainment was watching people get torn to shreds by lions, hacked to death, and burned alive.

Recognizing sexual ‘orientation’ is walking a razor’s edge. Unlike gay-oriented legislation, pedophilia has victims who must be protected.

We don’t put pedophiles in prison to make them stop being pedophiles; we put them there because they threaten the safety of the most vulnerable people in a society.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:03:18 AM »
Preacher, yuh tryin too hard ... at this rate yuh will soon be supporting the thing you hated at the outset. Keep calm!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
Who surprised by this?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »
anyone who truly thinks that pedophilia will become accepted behaviour as a result of this type of legislation living in a fantasy world.

Pedophilia is not an acceptable societal behavior because it preys on the vulnerable. Victims and their loved ones are traumatized for life. In today's society, I imagine that most people will label pedophilia as just wrong; and it should be. In my opinion, pedophiles should be jailed for life as history suggests that these people cannot change - they are hardwired for it.

But to suggest that liberal views on sexual orientation will result in acceptance of pedophilia is a specious argument at best and a red herring in reality.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »
anyone who truly thinks that pedophilia will become accepted behaviour as a result of this type of legislation living in a fantasy world.

Pedophilia is not an acceptable societal behavior because it preys on the vulnerable. Victims and their loved ones are traumatized for life. In today's society, I imagine that most people will label pedophilia as just wrong; and it should be. In my opinion, pedophiles should be jailed for life as history suggests that these people cannot change - they are hardwired for it.

But to suggest that liberal views on sexual orientation will result in acceptance of pedophilia is a specious argument at best and a red herring in reality.

ent there was a case out in eastern canada with a teacher that tried to get his job back despite being charged/convicted of having sexual relations with a minor? i recall the parent's association eventually drummed him out of his job.

pedophiles should not be dealing with children or be in any position of power over children. dey cyah control themselves. if this means curtailing their rights, making them second class citizens - so be it!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
Who surprised by this?

I only surprised by the people who taking this shit seriously.  There is a reason why you're not hearing about this anywhere else in the mainstream media... because only a clown with an agenda would interpret this bill to cover pedophilia... which I might remind you, is criminally sanctionable.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
Whether you take it seriously or not Bakes is irrelevant.  And don't play like we are interpreting the Bill wrong.  It's in the Bill.  Now are you referring to me as a clown for sharing my view?   No need for that.  And as if the Media and LGBT don't have agendas.  And all of allyuh who trying to make light of the devils work.. I rebuke in Jesus name. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
Whether you take it seriously or not Bakes is irrelevant.  And don't play like we are interpreting the Bill wrong.  It's in the Bill.  Now are you referring to me as a clown for sharing my view?   No need for that.  And as if the Media and LGBT don't have agendas.  And all of allyuh who trying to make light of the devils work.. I rebuke in Jesus name. 

I was actually referring to the clowns at that Republican website where you got the story from... but if the shoe fits then fix up.  And yes, you are interpreting the "bill" wrong.  In fact it's not even a bill at all but a resolution.  When yuh done rebuking Satan see if yuh could rebuke ignorance as well.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
Congresswoman Introduces Resolution Against "Ex-Gay" Therapy

Metro Weekly

Posted by Justin Snow

Following a series of challenges to "ex-gay" reparative therapy practices across the country, Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier (Calif.) introduced a resolution this morning urging Congress to condemn what has been characterized as junk science by the mainstream medical community.

At her Nov. 28 press conference on Capitol Hill, Speier announced the resolution, calling on states to follow California's lead, which recently outlawed so-called conversion therapy for minors at the hands of licensed therapists. Titled "Stop Harming Our Kids" (SHOK), the resolution seeks to protect minors from "these snake-oil salesmen" who attempt to alter sexual orientation or gender identity.

The resolution states that "sexual orientation and gender identity or expression change efforts directed at minors are discredited and ineffective, have no legitimate therapeutic purpose, and are dangerous and harmful." Largely symbolic in nature, the resolution will face a committee vote, but could go straight to the floor of the House of Representatives if there is a suspension of the rules calling for a vote.

"Gay conversion has become a multimillion dollar industry," Speier said. "So called therapists around the country prey on fearful parents who are willing to pay hundreds of dollars to make their children conform to heterosexual norms and expectations."

Speier also said she has begun to investigate whether federal funds have gone toward the practice of conversion therapy in the form of Medicaid and TRICARE.

"We all know that Marcus Bachmann received nearly $140,000 in annual Medicaid payments for his clinic. But who else has?" Speier asked, invoking the husband of Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). Despite reports to the contrary, Marcus Bachmann, a licensed therapist, has denied his clinic engages in "pray away the gay"type therapy.

According to Speier, her cursory investigation has already found two instances where conversion therapists appear eligible for federal dollars, including a licensed counselor in Keller, Texas, and a social worker in Bloomingdale, Ill. This morning, Speier also sent letters to Medicaid and TRICARE to inquire whether those instances "reflect systemic weaknesses that allow federal tax dollars to go to harmful, illegitimate medical practices."

Speier, who encouraged former conversion therapy patients across the country to contact her office, was joined by several activists at the press conference, including representatives from the Human Rights Campaign, the Southern Poverty Law Center and the National Center for Lesbian Rights.

Two gay men who were described as "survivors" of conversion therapy also attended the press conference, including Sheldon Bruck, one of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit filed yesterday in New Jersey against Jews Offering New Alternative for Healing (JONAH).

Bruck, who grew up in a highly religious Orthodox Jewish family, paid for conversion therapy that he says caused psychological harm and alienated him from his family.

"In conversion therapy I was told that I was sick. I was told that I needed to be fixed. I was told I had to snap myself with a rubber band every time I had a same-sex attraction," Bruck said, adding that his sexual orientation was blamed on his close relationship with his mother.

SPLC is among those representing Bruck and three other former patients and two of their mothers in the suit against JONAH. Filed in New Jersey's Superior Court Nov. 27, the plaintiffs argue that by claiming to be able to "cure" gay people of their homosexuality, JONAH violated New Jersey's Consumer Fraud Act. Although neither JONAH founder Arthur Goldberg nor his "life coaches" are licensed therapists, as a company that based its product on what they described as scientific fact, the plaintiffs argue JONAH committed fraud. Indeed, many medical and psychiatric organizations have deemed conversion therapy to be ineffective and harmful.

Although California recently banned conversion therapy for youth administered by licensed therapists, the ban does not affect unlicensed therapists. The lawsuit against JONAH appears to be an attempt to target unlicensed therapists who are not subject to censure by medical associations.

"As it relates to anything that is put in the marketplace, whether it be goods or services, there’s an expectation from the American public that it is safe and effective," Speier said, adding that it is important to shine a spotlight on services where there is the potential for fraud.

http://speier.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=853:congresswoman-introduces-resolution-against-qex-gayq-therapy&catid=2:jackie-in-the-news&Itemid=15

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »

???

the only people posting so far is you, toppa, bakes, me and ribbit.  Which one of us making light of pedophilia?  I think we can all agree on this aspect of your post.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »

I was actually referring to the clowns at that Republican website where you got the story from... but if the shoe fits then fix up.  And yes, you are interpreting the "bill" wrong.  In fact it's not even a bill at all but a resolution.  When yuh done rebuking Satan see if yuh could rebuke ignorance as well.

I ain't have all day to spend rebuking you but point taken I'm ignorant, you smart.  moving on. 

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »

???

the only people posting so far is you, toppa, bakes, me and ribbit.  Which one of us making light of pedophilia?  I think we can all agree on this aspect of your post.

Yeah Yeah Pecan ... I'm wrong for that should have never posted it.  Apologies to the posters.  Doc's post got me heated when he implied that some how I'll be supporting pedophilia some day.   

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »

I ain't have all day to spend rebuking you but point taken I'm ignorant, you smart.  moving on. 

???

Yeah Yeah Pecan ... I'm wrong for that should have never posted it.  Apologies to the posters.  Doc's post got me heated when he implied that some how I'll be supporting pedophilia some day.   
Boss keep yuh wits about yuh... Lawd ... doh beat up!  ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:31 PM »

???

Oh, I missed Doc's post. Sorry. I see what you mean.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »

Dread... I dunno what you on tonight, but first yuh claim I called you a clown, now yuh claim I calling yuh ignorant.  Somebody take this story and spin it into a 'Nansi story and feed it tuh yuh and yuh run with it.  The initial interpretation of the situation is what I was referring to as "ignorance".    Ah mean if yuh so anxious tuh wear them hat I not going to stand in yuh way... the fact of the matter is that yuh source got it wrong and you just follow fashion and pick it up and run with it.  I tell yuh that it shouldn't be taken seriously and yuh immediately get defensive talking about I saying allyuh misinterpreting the 'bill'.  Sometimes when yuh read something that seems outrageous/outlandish... yuh have to do some digging yuhself to verify before yuh post  :beermug:

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »

???

Skim milk definitely masqueradin as cream here,,, :rotfl:
Live large and prosper!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »

???

Skim milk definitely masqueradin as cream here,,, :rotfl:

so who is the skim milk? me, Preacher or you? I must have missed the boat on this post.

1]; } ?>