March 28, 2024, 12:19:08 PM

Author Topic: Winchester too cold for comfort but keeping focus.  (Read 13802 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester too cold for comfort but keeping focus.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS to Shahdon Winchester on being selected to the Finnish Premier League’s Team of the Month (May). Shahdon scored in 3 consecutive matches during the month of May.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
Shahdon Winchester is using his head again. WATCH this goal he scores in a 1-1 draw with MyPA.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjBTd9EcyrI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yjBTd9EcyrI</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 09:07:53 PM »
Nice.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 04:37:28 AM »
Great head, great jump. Defence should really have challenged him tho. At this rate Finland will be big Trinibagonia :p

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »
 ::)

Offline Mikeype

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »
With the goal scored against MYPA yesterday, Winchester has scored 6 goals and is tied as the top goal scorer at the half-way mark in the Veikkausliiga season. It would be great if he could continue his goal scoring form in Finland and receive a call-up from Hart for this year's Caribbean Cup qualification in October.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:04:13 PM by Mppemberton »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
With the goal scored against MYPA yesterday, Winchester has scored 6 goals and is tied as the top goal scorer at the half-way mark in the Veikkausliiga season. It would be great if he could continue his goal scoring form in Finland and receive a call-up from Hart for this year's Caribbean Cup qualification in October.

it would be nice if he can move to a stronger league also ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mikeype

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 07:35:52 PM »
Agreed! He should seek a club in a stronger league. I was shocked to learn that Tim Väyrynen (21 years old), last year's top scorer in the Veikkausliiga with 17 goals, was only able to transfer to Borussia Dortmund's reserve squad in the third tier in Germany. Moving up from a club in Finland seems to be a difficult thing to do.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 02:50:32 AM »
New contract for Shahdon Winchester
T&T Express Repots.

SHAHDON WINCHESTER has been rewarded for his good play in Finland, by being offered a new contract by his club FF Jaro.

“Before I left this year, they offered me a new contract,” Winchester said. “The coach talked to me personally, and tell me he liked my progress, and that I have improved from year to year.”

Originally from Princess Town, Winchester had been a Naparima College and W Connection player at a very young age, and a solid player for Trinidad and Tobago at youth level. He said his greatest area of improvement after playing for two years in two seasons of the Finland Premier League, has been his consistency.

“They like my progress. There has been a mass improvement. Before, I used to play in spurts. Sometimes I am in the game, sometimes I am not in the game. Now, I am more in the game regularly for 90 minutes.”

A child prodigy, Winchester has had previous stints with the senior team as a teenager under former coach Russell Latapy, and also last year under Stephen Hart against Estonia. He has ambition to be a regular member of the senior national setup.

“It’s been a while since I represented my country. So, it a tremendous feeling and I taking it well,” stated the 22-year-old striker.

“I have been on the senior team a couple of times, but it’s a while since I’ve been regular,” Winchester added.

“I want to seal my spot and to be a regular call-up to the national team, and to show what I learned playing in Europe.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 11:15:31 AM »
Serbian SuperLiga club, FK Vojvodina, is reportedly close to reaching an agreement to sign Shahdon Winchester.
http://www.sportske.net/vest/domaci-fudbal/vincester-na-pragu-vojvodine-209313.html

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »
FIFPro warns players away from no-money Serbian Clubs. Hope he doesn't end up in one of the clubs that's undergoing financial hardships.
http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/16062-fifpro-warns-players-away-from-no-money-serbian-clubs

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:05 PM »
Shahdon Winchester is currently on trial with Major League Soccer club, Chicago Fire. The team is in Portland Oregon where they are participating in the Simple Invitational Tournament with Portland Timbers, Vancouver Whitecaps and Stabæk (Norway).

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »
Buss dem up Shahdon. Yuh bredren Joevin is dey to show you the ropes, plus you is de real pioneer having conquered Europe in col' ass Finland.
So you have proven you could adapt and yuh CV lookin' nice. Sign him up Mr Chicago Fire manager.
Sign by the dotted line.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 08:18:33 AM »
Shahdon Winchester, a trialist from Trinidad and Tobago, had another go moments later. The winger took a pass and created a shot with a nifty turn and first touch to create space from 20 yards out. However, his left-footed attempt went wide of the frame.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KgrTdozyHQY?start=121" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KgrTdozyHQY?start=121</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 08:22:34 AM »
I see Joevin give a man a "sitter"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »
That first touch and turn was beautiful. It had all the earmarks of a world class move. He had the two defenders close to him beaten and mesmerized, he even had the goalkeeper beaten for a split second. It would have been a beautiful goal had it been on target. One of the commentators had no choice to rave about the move by Shah. But he needs to get more into the flow of play and that can only come with opportunities with his teammates. I for one would like to see this player playing in the MLS. I know he has the talent. Remember, this is a kid that scored a hattrick for Celtic FC of the Scottish League some years ago.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:47:27 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
Fire End Unbeaten Preseason with 1-1 Draw Against Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Trialist Shahdon Winchester provides 90th-minute equalizer

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2015/02/fire-end-unbeaten-preseason-1-1-draw-against-vancouver-whitecaps-fc

Winchester scored the equalizer in the 90th minute with an impressive individual effort. The Trinidadian trialist took a pass 40 yards from goal, sprinted toward Vancouver’s back line, juked a defender and then crushed a shot to the lower right corner from the top of the box.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »
WATCH Shahdon Winchester score a last-gasp equalizer for Chicago Fire against Vancouver Whitecaps

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drZUU02Bit0?start=201" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drZUU02Bit0?start=201</a>

Post-game interview with Shahdon Winchester.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xfAHG7T1gUg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xfAHG7T1gUg</a>
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:17:19 PM by Tallman »

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »
Nice juke hahah.  Made up for it with a bullet.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »
Very proud of you Shahdon. Yuh real representin'.
You were like the mailman, you delivered ... & with the most dramatic timing too.
Trialist turned hero of the game. Brazen individual skill then an unstoppable rocket from way out captured from all angles on video.
Daiz de kinda shit they like to see up there. Well done. They now have to make some serious decisions about you as they show this to the voting board members of the club. No matter what happens, your stock went up big time and your agent can use this clip as a feature of your profile.
Thanks Tallman, that was delicious video.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:09:39 AM by dreamer »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 05:46:50 AM »
Ah was wondering why Shaun Maloney was hugging him up so, but then ah realize he must be remember him from when he try out with Celtic. Make an impression apparently.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »
"I like him [Winchester]," he said. "We brought him in for a reason. For me it's now about fitting him into the roster. I'll figure that one out."

— Chicago Fire Head Coach, Frank Yallop
http://www.csnchicago.com/fire/fire-winchester-delivers-last-gasp-leveler

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2015, 10:20:36 AM »
If Shahdon Winchester doesn't get a contract - if the season starts and he's looking for work as a striker in the USA - then the Fire at least owe him a bonus. Give the guy a couple grand. Give him a place to stay until he finds his next stop. Take care of the dude, because he took care of you.

There's another universe just on the other side of Winchester's 90th-minute goal against Vancouver in the preseason finale - and it's an ugly one. In that universe, the Fire didn't have a single player score a goal since they'd returned from England. In that universe, they've played 450 minutes of football, mostly against has-beens or never-wases, and riffled the twine twice. In that universe, they look like a more-expensive version of last year's group, the worst in club history.

But that's not this universe. In this universe, Lovel Palmer won a ball by pinching into midfield in the 90th minute, then skidded a sharp pass to Winchester's feet, some 20 yards forward. In this universe, Winchester had a glancing half-thought to realize he had a defender rushing to meet him, and instead of killing the ball's momentum, he simply poked it into the space behind. In this universe, Winchester took two quick steps and lashed the ball inside David Ousted's near post to tie the game at 1 with just a few breaths left. The Fire leave the Simple Invitational with three draws on the trot; not the results they were looking for, certainly, but better than the nearby-universe's alternative.
http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/2015/2/28/8127535/back-in-purgatory-fire-1-vancouver-1-friendly-recap

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
Tallman, you're a boss ... and Shahdon, you're on the verge of securing a massive opportunity
We're praying for you. All of us.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2015, 06:02:55 AM »
Chicago Fire is still interested in trialist Shahdon Winchester but with 25 players already under contract they are waiting to see what the outcome of the roster limitations will be under the terms of the new CBA. Winchester would also occupy an international roster spot.
http://www.chicagonow.com/fire-confidential/2015/03/kick-off-nears-with-cba-talks-looming/

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »
Shahdon is still running with the Fire. He played today in a scrimmage against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in a 1 - 0 win for the Fire. He didn't score though but it's good to see he is still in the mix. Yallop might be a man of his word afterall.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »
The Chicago Fire is reportedly signing Victor Perez, a midfielder from Levante of La Liga. Meanwhile, Shahdon is still unsigned. How is that "fitting Shahdon in"?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 06:54:29 AM »
He is back with W Connection or at least for now. Played yesterday for them vs NE Stars in the FA Cup finals which they lost 5-4 on penalties.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2016, 05:40:05 AM »
Winchester looks to grab opportunity.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Shahdon Winchester has been in solid form for DirecTV W Connection this season and now he’s looking to make a strong impression and hopefully a lasting one on the national team.

The former Naparima College forward has been in and around the national team for the past five years after first making his debut under Russell Latapy in 2010. But he is yet to cement his spot after being part of the 2014 Caribbean Cup squad which finished runners up to Jamaica.

“It’s been a good training camp. We’ve been working hard. Everyone knows what is at stake so we are pushing each other,” Winchester said.

The former Finnish-based professional added: “The competition for places on the team has been tough and that’s good because it means everyone has to be on top of their game. The team has been doing quite well and we want to keep the momentum going into the World Cup qualifiers and hopefully the Copa America as well.

“My aim is to work hard and do the right things to break into the team. I know everyone wants to do what is best for the team. There is a strong belief among the players and for me it’s an honour to be part of this squad,” Winchester added.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »
Shahdon Winchester if yuh read this, I want to encourage you to keep doing good, you did very well when you came on for T&T, I am shell shock.

Keep working hard and try to be consistent.

And stick around with positive people.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>