March 28, 2024, 11:55:38 AM

Author Topic: Winchester too cold for comfort but keeping focus.  (Read 13801 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester too cold for comfort but keeping focus.
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »
Shahdon Winchester if yuh read this, I want to encourage you to keep doing good, you did very well when you came on for T&T, I am shell shock.

Keep working hard and try to be consistent.

And stick around with positive people.

Cosign of comments by Sam. Go for it Shahdon. Want to see you hit Central America  at least with a contract.

Good positive comments by Sam

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:25:02 PM by Flex »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2016, 02:27:29 AM »
Winchester says no pressure in Uruguay.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Playing at the Estadio Centenario in Montevideo against Uruguay can be a gruelling contest and a nerve wracking one for most teams. Just ask Australia, or any other national team that has had to travel to play 60,000 seater in a World Cup qualifier. Perhaps, T&T’s upcoming friendly on May 27 may not be too feisty but the hosts are expected to firing on all cylinders as they prepare for the Copa America Centenario.

It is listed by FIFA as one of the football world’s classic stadiums, along with the likes of the Maracanã, Wembley Stadium, the San Siro, the Estadio Azteca, and Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.  Uruguay has won 80 percent of its games at the stadium which was built for the hosting of the 1930 FIFA World Cup.

The whole idea of what the contest could be like is more than welcomed by national team forward Shahdon Winchester who will once again get the chance to show his worth for the Soca Warriors. The W Connection man is not intimidated by the possible scenarios in either of the upcoming fixtures which also includes games versus Peru and China.

“These are big games but we are not going to be intimidated by them. These are the kind of games we always look forward to. It will be a great honour for us to play there and against such a quality side,” he said.

“The next three games are very important. It is important for the locals to stamp their authority on the national team so they can be regular call ups and then you also never know who can be looking on at these games,” Winchester added.

“I know my role is very important and l have to lead by example not only by talking but with my actions on and off the field. The Pro league was very competitive coming to the end and there was a lot of hype so the players were very sharp coming into the national team and every player is looking to stake his claim,” he added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2016, 06:27:17 AM »
The Pro league was very competitive coming to the end and there was a lot of hype so the players were very sharp coming into the national team and every player is looking to stake his claim,” he added.

I keep smiling when I read this. I certainly hope for other young players the idea of "very competitive" is not that of playing in a league with empty stadiums and no relegation.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:34:39 AM by Dutty Love »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2016, 06:52:14 AM »
The Pro league was very competitive coming to the end and there was a lot of hype so the players were very sharp coming into the national team and every player is looking to stake his claim,” he added.

I keep smiling when I read this. I certainly hope for other young players the idea of "very competitive" is not that of playing in a league with empty stadiums and no relegation.

Memories of the MLS.

How things have changed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:56:01 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »
Winchester over the  moon on new Mexico move.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National team forward Shahdon Winchester is simply enjoying life as a professional footballer these days as he makes the transition to playing in the Mexican Professional League after joining Murcielagos FC for a new chapter in his career.

The ex-DirecTV W Connection forward teamed  up with fellow countrymen Yohance Marshall and Jomal Williams at this club this week to begin his recently signed contract with the club.

“I'm very overwhelmed about my move as well as I’m enthusiastic for the opportunity & experience,” Winchester said.

“My ambitions is to meet my personal goals that I set for myself as well as add something to my new team. My feelings about playing in Mexico is actually a joy because I look at it as I'm getting paid to do something I love which is not really a normal thing where jobs are concern so if it was on the moon I would have been playing I would have the same feelings,” Winchester added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>