April 25, 2024, 12:02:47 PM

Author Topic: New faces, recalls in squad for Romainia, Estonia friendlies.  (Read 8958 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New faces, recalls in squad for Romainia, Estonia friendlies.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

Trinidad and Tobago's Senior Team footballers will resume training on or around May 23rd in preparations for two upcoming friendly internationals away to Romania and Estonia next month.

Both games are being used to prepare the "Soca Warriors" for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup which T&T opens against El Salvador in July 8th in New Jersey.

Earning a recall to the squad is St Ann's Rangers goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams who skippered the team during the 2012 Caribbean Cup campaign. Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector is also in the squad along with Thailand-based defender Seon Power.

After missing in action since last December, Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino is also back in the squad while Middlesbrough defender Justin Hoyte and Notts County midfielder Andre Boucaud have also been invited and have expressed their willingness to join the squad in London en route to Bucharest.

Some of the other familiar faces in the 20-man squad include goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Keon Daniel, Carlyle Mitchell, Christopher Birchall, Joevin Jones, Cornell Glen, Densill Theobald and Belgium-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Sheldon Bateau as well as Turkish-based forward Darryl Roberts and Finland-based midfielder Ataullah Guerra.

Stoke City forward Kenwyne Jones has been excused while Ipswich Town's Carlos Edwards may not be available due to a groin strain and is currently undergoing rehab.

T&T head coach Hutson Charles said he was keen to see some of the new faces in these two games.

Read More

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:25:21 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: New faces, recalls in squad for Romainia, Estonia friendlies.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
Lester Peltier better fix he attitude and fast, he is a good player who we may never see play for T&T again, and both parties will sorry one day, no winners here.

Ah woulda like to see Rundell Winchester, Robert Primus, Julius James, Willis Plaza and Mekeil Williams get a call up.

But other than that, nice team. Glad Kenwyne Jones not there.  :devil:

Rundell Winchester will make a good player upfront because we tin up there. He and Glen will combine very good.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:36:22 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »
The new faces not new enough fuh me..
De white fella, Boucard, and Roberts could stay which part they is...wherever dat is...
Bring in some youths from the U17..

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
Not because a man playin English football mean he could play International football fuh Trinidad..
a defender playin in de lower level English league would not fit..as a matter of fact almost any English defender wouldn't fit ..if ah lie look back in history and tell me of any English born player succeeding on our National team..

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »
Not because a man playin English football mean he could play International football fuh Trinidad..
a defender playin in de lower level English league would not fit..as a matter of fact almost any English defender wouldn't fit ..if ah lie look back in history and tell me of any English born player succeeding on our National team..

Birchal?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 05:15:35 PM »
De white fella, Boucard, and Roberts could stay which part they is...wherever dat is...
OK mr know it all, who might you suggest??  :waiting:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »

Birchal?
This coache fella is another trolling long time member who likes to go fishing every now and then but is scared to use his initial handle to save face, i've come to this conclusion bc i refuse to believe that anyone who claims to be a coache could be sooooo bloody clueless.

coach, what under 17 players for crying out loud could just walk unto the national team with very little to no experience on the senior level?? and don't say nothing bout latas and yorke, bc the last time we've seen anything resembling latas and yorke in T&T was when latas and yorke was in their teens, plus them fellas was better than most the players on the team in those days.

i know you on sh!t when yuh start running yuh mouth on those three players, but why not pick on bleeder, or keon edwards or cornell glen who has past his "sell by" date and it showed against peru when he could not even get a good shot off.

did i sense some xenophobia in that ridiculous statement??
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:30:50 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
Good squad..wish Carlos was there , not bothered about Kenwyne..as far as I'm concerned Cornell is the main man... I would even try a false 9 role for at least 45 minutes with Molino

example :
-----------------------------DM---------
----------------------CM---------CM-----
------------------------------^----------
-------------RW------------Molino--------LW
------------------------------V--------------

Peltier and the staff need to come to some sort of mutual agreement as well.  free scoring wide man and getting better and better.. but If it is true about his attitude then I'm glad the staff is teaching him a lesson , hopefully he man's up and put the badge first

Hector the boss is back.. is he still banned from his club for the Gold Cup ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
Jones seems to have no impact. On this team
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »
I know a lil 5-five-year old youth who could kick with both feet. Tell mih yuh team name so yuh could sign him up.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
Jones seems to have no impact. On this team
I could bet my house that what you claimed is not the reason for his omission.

i firmly believe that jones might be tying up some lose ends bc he might be moving on from stoke and may already have a team lined up and maybe busy for the next month or two with his agent and teams waiting to snatch him up.

book and believe come gold cup time jones will be a fixture on the team once he's healthy.   :P

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »
Jones seems to have no impact. On this ANY team

Let me fix that for you.

We have to find a team for Kenwyne, seems like no team is good enough for him, he is a popo..

A big 6 footer who getting paid thousands of pounds and he cant run, trap, pass or shot a ball.

Somebody find a team for him, he looking for a team with 10 midfielders.

I would call back a retired Stern John or even Dwight Yorke before I call Kenwyne.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »
Hahahaha
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 06:33:53 PM »
I clueless.. people clue me in about these quality players allyuh talkin bout because as far as I am concerned ..in the final analysis the result would be..no significant difference.....I am saying it makes no difference in the outcome ..so since it makes no difference bring in some youths and get their feet wet;
I see a couple players on that U17 who could at least train with the senior team...what about players from the U20..what about young players.
And stop talking bout de Wildman who can't put in a good tackle or win balls...de man put in his time it's time for us to look at somebody else.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »
And I was talking about English Defenders...and besides we should be using the players that we developed not foreigners who grow up playing Wildman Direct Run Dong de Ball at Breakneck Speed.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
Dinnermints talk to Amwood bout dah youth..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »
I clueless.. people clue me in about these quality players allyuh talkin bout because as far as I am concerned ..in the final analysis the result would be..no significant difference.....I am saying it makes no difference in the outcome ..so since it makes no difference bring in some youths and get their feet wet;
I see a couple players on that U17 who could at least train with the senior team...what about players from the U20..what about young players.
And stop talking bout de Wildman who can't put in a good tackle or win balls...de man put in his time it's time for us to look at somebody else.

As I suggested weeks ago ... de U17s/a combined 17s and 20s should flex on this tour to play a corresponding fixture. Think about the future. Doh matter we eh make de U17 WC ... And, Big Mag has sounded de trumpet on Shackiel Henry nuff times.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:17:48 PM »
Truthfully from the U17 I would call Brent Sam, the overlapping right back and the yankee fella who scored from outside twice.. at least these players would have come in to train so I could do some assesments..
I would call Winchester and Henry to train ...I would call outstanding young players for measurement and assessments.. Young players adapt very quickly.
In Vietnam the average age of the soldier was 19..In any war ..the average age of the fighters is about 19yrs...football is war the warriors should be young ,strong fearless and skilled, trust me Trinidad players have skills..
In wars mercenaries and Special Ops are usually veterans but they are the best of the best..we don't have access to any player of that level..so we have to start somewhere..
Leave the mediocre old men alone...they are playing in the lower leagues for a reason.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »
Good selection pf players for Romania. Really cyah complain. Go T&T.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »

Birchal?
First leh meh laugh at dis response... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok leh meh go back and finish read all de post.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »
Ok right ah finish reading...I happy with the selections, at least give Boucad and Hoyte ah lil chance to show what they have. Is years dem fellahs playing pro ball.

I use to try to be lil diplomatic and tread lightly with Coache eh but I realize he really just clueless in truth, and to imagine he is man does (or used to) have youth sitting down (or standing up) and listening while he-ahem-impart coaching knowledge on them...but dais de life.

But yeah I rell excited, zippy forwards, foreign-based like rain, quick football Hopefully?), give thanks.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
Peltier is de biggest non-selection because he in form dis season, and he scoring regular.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
Peltier is de biggest non-selection because he in form dis season, and he scoring regular.

The technical staff needs to explain his exclusion for me, if there are still off the field issues then say so, especially given that we already playing in Europe, he is based in Europe and as stated is showing excellent form for club.

Has the team manager reached out to him? Create a forum to clear the air? Other players with previous indiscretions are in the squad, if Peltier has stated he is not interested then let the public know, otherwise try to fix the issue rather that just leaving him out. I not advocating any special treatment cause a player is good but rather than exclusion, try to deal with the issue and get it resolved so he could be part of the set up.

I hope one of our sports media colleagues can at least put the question to the technical staff before they leave.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »

The technical staff needs to explain his exclusion for me, if there are still off the field issues then say so, especially given that we already playing in Europe, he is based in Europe and as stated is showing excellent form for club.

Has the team manager reached out to him? Create a forum to clear the air? Other players with previous indiscretions are in the squad, if Peltier has stated he is not interested then let the public know, otherwise try to fix the issue rather that just leaving him out. I not advocating any special treatment cause a player is good but rather than exclusion, try to deal with the issue and get it resolved so he could be part of the set up.

I hope one of our sports media colleagues can at least put the question to the technical staff before they leave.

LOL... 99% of them wouldnt even think to ask, because they all clueless

only Liburd and one or 2 would be smart enough to bring up stuff like that

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »

My point exactly!!!

take skilla forinstace, if anybody violate to the max it was keon daniel. the man lest the team when we was down to bare bone and just went off like ah crazy lune without any trace or whereabouts.

we went through the semis and the finals without his in put especially when we were strapped for goal scorers, and he just showed up and gave them ah rigmarole story and all was forgiven, so why peltier can't get the same consideration??

cornell glen is ah next one who diss the program when he was playing big boy ting and feuding with the coaches. i think is time thsy sat with peltier and iron this thing out.

hek, we are not brazil, we need all the help we can get!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:04:36 AM by just cool »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 03:03:30 AM »
Jones seems to have no impact. On this ANY team

Let me fix that for you.

We have to find a team for Kenwyne, seems like no team is good enough for him, he is a popo..

A big 6 footer who getting paid thousands of pounds and he cant run, trap, pass or shot a ball.

Somebody find a team for him, he looking for a team with 10 midfielders.

I would call back a retired Stern John or even Dwight Yorke before I call Kenwyne.

It needs to be said,and you have said it better than many.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 04:23:24 AM »
Where is J Loyd Samuel in this mix?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 05:00:30 AM »
Ent Hector club give him ah contract on de condition dat he doh play in de Gold Cup? So why we call him up for these friendlies? Did we work out something wit de club, or we going tuh try ah ting and force dey hand?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 05:12:48 AM »
Yeah, whais de scene with Mr. Peltier?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »
Good mix of youth and experience. What is the scene with Peltier and Cato. Just cant understand Cato's non inclusion.

1]; } ?>