April 27, 2024, 12:31:32 PM

Author Topic: Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”  (Read 8322 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 03:29:10 PM »
Take what we give yuh and hush yuh mouth, that's a good attitude to have in a "professional" setting.

Eat salt and rep yuh National team hard. Don't complain don't get frustrated cause you eh no big star.

We want to go to WC?  :joker: :joker:

this my tinkin
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »
Take what we give yuh and hush yuh mouth, that's a good attitude to have in a "professional" setting.

Eat salt and rep yuh National team hard. Don't complain don't get frustrated cause you eh no big star.

We want to go to WC?  :joker: :joker:

Exactly
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »
Cause men pretty much telling the youth to hush he cyat and take whatever sub-standard coaching (if was ah coaching point) people throwing your way.

Not me sah. Be frank and tell the coach your grievience. This has been happening for ages. I have to hear exactly what was said between Hutson and the yute. I met Hutson before and even played in a tournament in Baltimore with him. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt here. He is under plenty pressure to win. I want him to win. But not of the expense of them players.
  So I don't think he wants to deal with desension in his rank. I understand that. He has a limited window to impart his strategy for the team to succeed. Lester on the hand has stepped up his game now as he is in Slovakia. Yes, Slovakia is a small league, but there is a boni fide  history of professionalism in that country. It was part of  Czechslovakia. They are good in football, tennis and b-ball. Even now they punching above their weight in Eurosport. None of the top 10 Fifa ranked team think they can march into Bratislava with a bloody fight. Lester just feel that they asking them to be professional. Then the rest of them must be professional. I just assuming that is how the conversation went.

Offline Renee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
Reading these comments clearly shows how easy it is to criticize our own in the absence of facts. Instead of motivating and uplifting, the easiest thing to do is project negative energy and bring down our very own. Lets face it...What has our government or TTFF really done to take our football to the highest level possible?? The National Team doesn't properly compensate these players for their efforts... When injured how do they treat these players both locally or internationally? Do they invest money to provide quality medical care for their players when injured? No! Now tell me would you sacrifice your international career to get injured while playing for your country....who in that event would not provide the care necessary for recovery? There is poor planning when these players come back to our country and players are not treated with the respect they deserve.

Frankly, all these players that have made it internationally should be praised..because they clearly did it on their own will and not because of the TTFF or the government....So what if he plays in a Slovakian League? must you downgrade his achievements?? And what would that do?? His salary for one month is probably what we earn in one year....So what if he dresses like Diddy??? Is this coming from a place of jealousy? It's time to encourage our own... Maybe he does have an attitude who knows? Attitude is never warranted ..but he has to be away from family and friends in a non english speaking country.....the weather is cold as hell....the food is nothing like our caribbean cuisine...dealing with being black in a racial country....there are many factors why an individual may react a certain way.....After a hard season where the pressure is on him to shine and make a name for himself in the "slovakian league" why can't the national team simply strive to improve and not just continue in their mediocre way of doing things....but there are always two sides to a story.

I say...let both parties put pride aside and focus on whats best for the country and not each other's ego. Lester Peltier is the best player on the national team..anybody that really knows football would know this.

peace and love

proud trinbagonian

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
Reading these comments clearly shows how easy it is to criticize our own in the absence of facts. Instead of motivating and uplifting, the easiest thing to do is project negative energy and bring down our very own. Lets face it...What has our government or TTFF really done to take our football to the highest level possible?? The National Team doesn't properly compensate these players for their efforts... When injured how do they treat these players both locally or internationally? Do they invest money to provide quality medical care for their players when injured? No! Now tell me would you sacrifice your international career to get injured while playing for your country....who in that event would not provide the care necessary for recovery? There is poor planning when these players come back to our country and players are not treated with the respect they deserve.

Frankly, all these players that have made it internationally should be praised..because they clearly did it on their own will and not because of the TTFF or the government....So what if he plays in a Slovakian League? must you downgrade his achievements?? And what would that do?? His salary for one month is probably what we earn in one year....So what if he dresses like Diddy??? Is this coming from a place of jealousy? It's time to encourage our own... Maybe he does have an attitude who knows? Attitude is never warranted ..but he has to be away from family and friends in a non english speaking country.....the weather is cold as hell....the food is nothing like our caribbean cuisine...dealing with being black in a racial country....there are many factors why an individual may react a certain way.....After a hard season where the pressure is on him to shine and make a name for himself in the "slovakian league" why can't the national team simply strive to improve and not just continue in their mediocre way of doing things....but there are always two sides to a story.

I say...let both parties put pride aside and focus on whats best for the country and not each other's ego. Lester Peltier is the best player on the national team..anybody that really knows football would know this.

peace and love

proud trinbagonian

Big post.

Well said !!!

I hope to see Peltier back in T&T team again soon.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »
peace and love

proud trinbagonian

Big post.

Well said !!!

I hope to see Peltier back in T&T team again soon.

+1
I pity the fool....

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
In addition to Renee's post. Hutson Charles can easily says what he wants but when players are not being treated right, they eating KFC for dinner, they have no gatorade and have to have to drink soda or water and then train like donkeys some must lash out.

I am sure all the players feel the same but half of them not opening they mouth.

The locals have no choice but to accept what ever they get.

Now when Peltier open his mouth how can one be vex ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »
In addition to Renee's post. Hutson Charles can easily says what he wants but when players are not being treated right, they eating KFC for dinner, they have no gatorade and have to have to drink soda or water and then train like donkeys some must lash out.

I am sure all the players feel the same but half of them not opening they mouth.

The locals have no choice but to accept what ever they get.

Now when Peltier open his mouth how can one be vex ?

I once read where Travis Mulraine and a couple of guys used to complained about this same things you mentioned. Travis was always butting heads with TTFF.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
This fella sounds like he has de right attitude..we need more players like him..the problem is the coaches not the player..
Allyuh feel dem big players like Balotelli and Anelka and whoeverelse don't feel the same way about themselves
Rambo Gibbs had the same attitude and was stifled in Trinidad..these players are artists ..they have to handled with care ...the coach has to know what  makes this player tick  and he'll get the best out of him.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 08:49:22 AM »
De bottom line is, it have 2 sides to every story and both have to work with each other.

So both right and wrong.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 07:32:31 AM »
Mo
De bottom line is, it have 2 sides to every story and both have to work with each other.

So both right and wrong.

more inclined to say 1 wrong......and that is who have to changed......3rd world bullying attitude that been going on for decades need to change........fellas see what professionalism looks like on the outside and they should have expectations of the same when playing for the country.........

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »
Nothing in Trinidad and Tobago life iis professionally run. Not the Government, not politics, not Education, not Business, nothing nothing. SO why do people expect Sport to be any different. The most professional thing in TandT is Carnival and Pan sides. Our way of life eh calling for that. All the National teams have been a mess for years. The  best prepared teams were 1973, 1989 & 2006. Showing we could go places if things were well funded, planned, organized, delivered and disciplined. Nah! What we like to do is lay blame, bad mouth and point finger. This is exactly why people like Jack could run things, do what they want, thief, lie cheat and still be supported by the ignorant minds created by an Education system and Society, that promotes uninformed & ignorant mind.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »
I always heard the saying "shut your mouth and let people like you."

Peltier should probably do the same.

You are NOT in a place where you can open your mouth and say anything. Dwight Yorke could open his mouth (he was at Man Utd and one of the best strikers in the World at one point)......Russel Latapy could open his mouth because he was regarded as one of the best midfielders in Concacaf (by the highly rated Mexicans) and also played at top Scottish clubs........Kenwyne Jones (EPL player) can open his open....Stern John (former EPL player and T&T all time leading goal scorer) could open his mouth......but Lester Peltier, you don't have that type of right just yet.

Why?

First off, you play in Solvakia my brother.....Solvakia!! A European league that is not even ranked TOP 15 in Europe. Second, you have done nothing for Trinidad national team......you scored a couple goals in your domestic league (which in all fairness to you is great, because it means you are heading in the right direction)......no one knows of you on the European stage or simply even in Concacaf.

But my advice to you is to respect the coaches of Trinidad national team and just shut up and play when you get the chance. When you start bussing a goal a game for Trinidad and move to a better/more respected league....then of course my friend, you go right ahead and open fire!

You are talented, but not a star.

Talent can take you places that character CAN'T keep you.

Kingman

More rubbish.......I cannot believe what I am reading here.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
If people only know the kind of shit and lack of professionalism that takes place while men on National duty they might understand. Now, Peltier is no saint. he has messed up before. The fact is the coaching staff needs to communicate this and let us know why one of our players (very good player) is being left in the cold.

Now if the staff came out and said for eg. he had girls etc in his room the night before a game, we would understand every bit of the punishment he is receiving. We will side with the Staff

But if its a case for eg. a man asking for Gatorade, proper equipment etc, we would side with Lester.

So, this needs to be cleared up before anybody could make any judgement

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2013, 04:12:41 AM »
You guys would not believe how unprofessional the TTFF and their coaches are.

They cannot see beyond 5 days of planning and doing anything.

The players are not happy and never is but most of the times they do not say anything because they are afraid they get blacklisted.

Peltier deserve some credit for telling them as it is and the players are happy he did.

They talk to you like you are nobody, they never have refreshments and if they do its minimum, they embarrass players if they take an extra juice, their coaching methods are outdated.

The list goes on and on.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 03:11:39 PM »
Nothing in Trinidad and Tobago life iis professionally run. Not the Government, not politics, not Education, not Business, nothing nothing. SO why do people expect Sport to be any different. The most professional thing in TandT is Carnival and Pan sides. Our way of life eh calling for that. All the National teams have been a mess for years. The  best prepared teams were 1973, 1989 & 2006. Showing we could go places if things were well funded, planned, organized, delivered and disciplined. Nah! What we like to do is lay blame, bad mouth and point finger. This is exactly why people like Jack could run things, do what they want, thief, lie cheat and still be supported by the ignorant minds created by an Education system and Society, that promotes uninformed & ignorant mind.
'Slightly disagree..One of the reasons why Jack was able to run things cause he actuall 'does', and not just bump gums..I giving Jack he jacket on that...many of our so called leaders (& followers) talk a lot of action, tell yuh all what should be right or wrong. but come time to actually 'do'...They "doh have time with that, I outta here", or "somebody else should fix that shit" & "Not my problem, but I wasn't taking that". It not a matter of professionalism, or culture..It's a matter of inAction. Yeah, our culture.."Wha scene he on. Who he trying to impress. He just want to be noticed. " is many TTians mantra. And there is my favourite. "because yuh foreign yuh feel yuh know more or better than we, hyo GTFOH eh"  ;)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
Get up.   
Stand up,stand up for your rights because in your rights how can you be wrong
One issue at hand here is that the once opressed has migrated to being the downpressor

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
You guys would not believe how unprofessional the TTFF and their coaches are.

They cannot see beyond 5 days of planning and doing anything.

The players are not happy and never is but most of the times they do not say anything because they are afraid they get blacklisted.

Peltier deserve some credit for telling them as it is and the players are happy he did.

They talk to you like you are nobody, they never have refreshments and if they do its minimum, they embarrass players if they take an extra juice, their coaching methods are outdated.

The list goes on and on.

Ahhhhh...see i know somebody have to have little insights about how things does really be.

Man ah went ahead and bold de whole damn post man, couldn't pick out one sentence dat was more important then the rest.

Thanks Insider.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »
T&T real pettie sah !!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete