March 28, 2024, 11:14:22 PM

Author Topic: Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”  (Read 8230 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”
By Inshan Mohammed.

Former St Anthony College and Trinidad and Tobago national midfielder Lester Peltier says he has no problem, loves his country and would welcome the opportunity to play for the Soca Warriors if given the chance.

Peltier is currently in-form for his employer and has been scoring many goals. One of his goals helped ŠK Slovan Bratislava lift their 13th Slovak Cup just a few days ago and the Club is on course for a domestic double.

Last March however, the 24 year-old winger was described by T&T head coach Hutson Charles as problematic. "Lester is talented, but he needs to get a little more mature,” said the former “Strike Squad” star. “Twice we brought him back and there were problems and disciplinary issues since under Pfister. His problem is he feels it is all about Peltier."

Meanwhile a similar controversy was brewing with another player, Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel. The gifted midfielder refused to join T&T after initially accepting to join the Warriors invitation for the 2012 Caribbean Cup semi-final rounds and final in Antigua and Barbuda.

"Keon is a player we could have used but apparently he doesn't want to be contacted," head coach Huston Charles told Wired868.com. "We don't even know what country he is in... I think it is real immature behaviour (because) we spoke to him in St Kitts and he assured us he would come back."

On the flip side Charles went on to say, “Keon brings something different in terms of his football intelligence and vision.” “I think it is something that can enhance the team and we shouldn’t let that (ability) just go by the wayside.”

Co-head coach Jamaal Shabazz also told wired868.com, “It was a difficult time for Keon. He didn’t deal with it in the best manner. We didn’t delve too much into it… He is very introverted guy and he just disappeared…”

“He said he is sorry about how he dealt with it and he didn’t mean to disrespect anybody… He has expressed a commitment and we are happy to give him that opportunity again.”

Peltier however was not given such a luxury. He was supposedly dropped from the team and was never called up again for a series of matches including two against Peru and one versus Belize.

Now T&T is set to play two upcoming friendly internationals away to Romania and Estonia next month, which are in close proximity to Slovakia where Peltier is based; and yet again the speedy winger was surprisingly not included in T&T's 20-man squad.

When asked if he was blacklisted Peltier replied, "I am not aware of being blacklisted."

Peltier further stated that he did not have an attitude problem and only expected the T&T coach to be a little more professional. "With regards to this alleged "attitude problem", all I have been is assertive at times where professionalism was lacking with the management of the national team," said the former San Juan Jabloteh winger.

"I love my country and always feel honoured to represent Trinidad and Tobago on the pitch. However, playing in Europe at a high professional level has indeed raised my level of expectations for the national team and there were instances where these expectations were not met and I expressed this."

"But I will like to move forward and will welcome any opportunity to play with the team." I didn't mean to disrespect anyone.  I just wanted things to be a little more professional, that's not much to ask?" "I respect the coach and if I am given the chance again I would love to don the Red, White and Black again."

"My league will be finished on May 27th and unfortunately I will not be going on vacation in T&T. I will be spending most of my time-off doing some personal training here in Europe in preparation for the Champion League qualifiers,” ended Peltier.

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so, provided that they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:45:05 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier: “I have no attitude problem.”
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
This kinda ting happen with Nakhid and then Sancho and dem...

So is dem fellas too pushy? or the staff need to get their act together? or a little bit of both.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:51:49 AM »
Doh hut yuh head, Peltier. We ent lehhin nobody start a new blacklist.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:52:35 AM »

So is dem fellas too pushy? or the staff need to get their act together? or a little bit of both.

Progress is never effortless, ent?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
Peltier is right but next time he have to probably learn to do things in a better way.

He does have a little show boat about him and I am sure if reflects bad on the coach as other players are watching.

But I support him, he stand up for his right, just there is a way to do things.

Hope both parties can resolve this.

As Peltier say, he wants to play, give him the chance, Daniel got it, maybe because he was a Caledonia player.

All kind of things happening since Shabazz came in.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »
good work Flex.. Hope this can smooth things over.. he is too valuable to the cause to be blacklisted by the coaches

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »

Most likely a bit of both. And on top of dat dey both probably waiting on each other to make de next move. He waiting on a call up and de coach waiting on a apology or something before giving him the callup. Hopefully both of them read this and somebody decide to be de bigger man.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:33:55 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »
So if guns kill people, I guess pencils miss spell words, cars drive drunk and spoons make people fat.

Whats new with the TTFF.

And Peltier, make yuh point and do your thing but still remember you was once there with them under de same conditions. Stand up but do it the right way !!!

All kiss and make up nah.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:22:13 PM »
AHA!!!!!
Finally!!!!!

Peltier further stated that he did not have an attitude problem and only expected the T&T coach to be a little more professional. "With regards to this alleged "attitude problem", all I have been is assertive at times where professionalism was lacking with the management of the national team," said the former San Juan Jabloteh winger.

Now we know what the issue is..and yes FF first person I thought about is Nakhid.

See I does always wonder how fellahs who doing it professionally in foreign (with big coaches) does handle being coached by a local, I'm sure is plenty tongue-biting does be taking place, and not everybody too good at doing that.

Ah rell greedy, now ah want to know what he tell the coaching staff, somebody back home find out nah :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
... maybe because he was a Caledonia player.

All kind of things happening since Shabazz came in.

I think people could probably (rightly) say all kinda bad things bout shabbaz, but I think we should also say the positives too. I think he is a cool tess, exactly the sort of dude to squash an argument.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »
Glad for Flex to reach out to get Lester's side of the story, he gives some insight and a stated commitment to the T&T cause but unfortunately in the grand scheme of things the situation remains unresolved.

Peltier and the team management need to talk to each other and get this sorted out. All this talk about being professional, i really not buying it in all honesty cause real professionalism is knowing the appropriate time, place and manner  to voice any concerns you have with regard to yourself or the team.

The TTFF needs to be the 'bigger man' and extend an olive branch to this player and at least to give him an opportunity to recommit and at the same time re-establish whatever conduct rules if they exist. Peltier needs to listen and function within those parameters cause if he really is committed he will conduct himself appropriately moving forward.

If that works out, guess who wins in the end? Everybody!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »
I always heard the saying "shut your mouth and let people like you."

Peltier should probably do the same.

You are NOT in a place where you can open your mouth and say anything. Dwight Yorke could open his mouth (he was at Man Utd and one of the best strikers in the World at one point)......Russel Latapy could open his mouth because he was regarded as one of the best midfielders in Concacaf (by the highly rated Mexicans) and also played at top Scottish clubs........Kenwyne Jones (EPL player) can open his open....Stern John (former EPL player and T&T all time leading goal scorer) could open his mouth......but Lester Peltier, you don't have that type of right just yet.

Why?

First off, you play in Solvakia my brother.....Solvakia!! A European league that is not even ranked TOP 15 in Europe. Second, you have done nothing for Trinidad national team......you scored a couple goals in your domestic league (which in all fairness to you is great, because it means you are heading in the right direction)......no one knows of you on the European stage or simply even in Concacaf.

But my advice to you is to respect the coaches of Trinidad national team and just shut up and play when you get the chance. When you start bussing a goal a game for Trinidad and move to a better/more respected league....then of course my friend, you go right ahead and open fire!

You are talented, but not a star.

Talent can take you places that character CAN'T keep you.

Kingman
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:24:57 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 12:30:07 AM »

You are NOT in a place where you can open your mouth and say anything. Dwight Yorke could open his mouth (he was at Man Utd and one of the best strikers in the World at one point)......Russel Latapy could open his mouth because he was regarded as one of the best midfielders in Concacaf (by the highly rated Mexicans) and also played at top Scottish clubs........Kenwyne Jones (EPL player) can open his open....Stern John (former EPL player and T&T all time leading goal scorer) could open his mouth......but Lester Peltier, you don't have that type of right just yet.

Why?

First off, you play in Solvakia my brother.....Solvakia!! A European league that is not even ranked TOP 15 in Europe. Second, you have done nothing for Trinidad national team......you scored a couple goals in your domestic league (which in all fairness to you is great, because it means you are heading in the right direction)......no one knows of you on the European stage or simply even in Concacaf.

But my advice to you is to respect the coaches of Trinidad national team and just shut up and play when you get the chance. When you start bussing a goal a game for Trinidad and move to a better/more respected league....then of course my friend, you go right ahead and open fire!

Kingman

wow....just wow
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »
Sorry but I gotta agree with Kingman!!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:14 AM »

Why?

Kingman

Exactlyyyyy...he needs to put his head down and grind it out on the field...humility my friend...yuh know how much time I does wannna cuss way my bosses...or fire some subordinates...but I can't cuz is a TEAM EFFORT. Humility!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 04:37:15 AM »
He had one good game for T&T against Barbados and never show much after than.

We could do without him. We do not need no one messing up the other players mind.

No man bigger than the game or the country.

Dont let a few dollars cloud your mind Mr Peltier.

At the same time, the TTFF need to be more professional if they want respect, they have to give !!

I am sure there are two sides to the REAL Story.

I advice that they shake hands and move forward.

Ever since Peltier went on trials at Arsenal his head blew up.

I saw a few pictures of him on facebook and the guy dresses like puff daddy, all bling sooner or later he will realise that all of this is just worthless.

No one likes a young punk.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:42 AM »

Why?

Kingman

wow....just wow
Lol, right? Wow.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:13 AM »
He had one good game for T&T against Barbados and never show much after than.

We could do without him. We do not need no one messing up the other players mind.

No man bigger than the game or the country.

Dont let a few dollars cloud your mind Mr Peltier.

At the same time, the TTFF need to be more professional if they want respect, they have to give !!

I am sure there are two sides to the REAL Story.

I advice that they shake hands and move forward.

Ever since Peltier went on trials at Arsenal his head blew up.

I saw a few pictures of him on facebook and the guy dresses like puff daddy, all bling sooner or later he will realise that all of this is just worthless.

No one likes a young punk.

Errol iz somebody alter ego?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 06:45:52 AM »

Why?

Kingman

Exactlyyyyy...he needs to put his head down and grind it out on the field...humility my friend...yuh know how much time I does wannna cuss way my bosses...or fire some subordinates...but I can't cuz is a TEAM EFFORT. Humility!

Since when a man expressing an opinion constitutes a lack of humility?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »
Talk yuh talk.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 07:02:48 AM »
sometimes is not what you say but how you say it causes trouble.   none of us there so we could only speculate if peltier move like ah imps or de coach move like ah imps.  it funny how people defending peltier like we know his version is 100% correct and others beating him down same speed when it could be that he had good cause to stand up to the coach.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
Good point Nightmare, I am sure both parties might have valid points.

I know de TTFF and how unorganised and unprofessional they are so Peltier is DAM right to tell them off.

He is not playing in the best league in the world but I am sure the training and other things is 100 times better than in T&T.

The T&T coaches still coaching small goal style, big man running like they chupid and having the team play like how they coach, CONFUSE, CONFUSE.

Kingman talking about Yorke and Latapy, Yorke was never on T&T so he did not even care what happen, he was a empty shell while playing for T&T in his Man U days. Latapy was a next shit to, them men was on partry vibes and breaking curfew to fete and only got serious when they club career was over. Besides, them was Jack Warner boys, that is why they never stand up with de 2006 Warriors and went behind they back and take Jack Warner 30,000 dollars offer.

Shabazz and Charles could coach anybody ? you ever see how de team playing, especially from de back, no midfield and just kick up de road to one half dead striker who cant pass, trap, hold up or shoot de ball (Jones).

They playing a 5-5-0 system and eliminating de midfield, just kicking de ball up de field to no one hoping the striker gets it !!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:31:54 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 08:15:57 AM »

Sam, I hearing what you saying my friend. But the reality of it is, Dwight and Latas were stars....exceptional players....known worldwide.

Yes they break camp...party.....deal with girls....take money from Jack...etc...but at the end of the day, they stepped on the field and dealt with the game. That's what stars do.

Listen.....Samuel Eto have 4 or 5 children with 4 or 5 different woman.....he is a known womaniser.....Ronaldinho is a party animal and a womaniser.........Maradona did cocaine for breakfast.....Mario just a nut case....Zlatan does tell coaches whatever on his mind (good or bad)...the list goes on and on.....but one thing these guys have in common is that they are superstars and get the job done when called upon. Peltier ain't no star.

You also mentioned about Shabazz and Hudson can't coach. Maybe you right, maybe you wrong. But I believe there are two principles Peltier should take into consideration...understanding and respect.

Look, if I'm working in JP Morgan and I am used to my company doing things a certain way. Then I leave and go IMG and things are done differently....I can't just open my mouth and say things anyhow and to anyone. I have to first understand why IMG do things that way and then respect it (I don't have to agree with it). 

I do however have a choice (1) I can stay and accept what they do (2) Or I can leave and go back JP Morgan.

In Peltier's case, he needs international caps to move up the ladder to a proper European league. So be smart, use the national team...get your caps and international experience....when you get to the EPL or La Liga or where ever, then you can open your mouth.

Now because he "voice his opinion" as  asylumseeker said he is entitled too, he has to pray and hope the National team give him a 2nd chance.

Darryl Roberts play in the Eredivisie....Carlos playing in championship.....why the National team coaches not saying these players have attitude problems? Peltier say things are done differently where he plays, but I am 100% certain that things were done 100 times more professional in the leagues Darryl and Carlos played/playing than the league Peltier is playing in.

Both Carlos and Darryl both know the TTFF in a state now (that's understanding part) and they choose to accept it and play for Trinidad (respect part).

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »
and the fact dat people feel that others are obligated to take crap because "dias d reality" is why trinidad remains and will always be ah backward ass banana republic
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »
Sorry but I gotta agree with Kingman!!

Bro, I politely disagree. He may have an attitude problem, but nothing different from many athletes in any sports. Plus the yute has abition. Yes, ambition. He decided to play in Slovakia, so that he would ot wither away in TT or hoping to get a contract in England.  It cold, different food and language. This self initiative is what many on this forum used to berate all our local starboys of lacking. Now they going all over the world to hone their skills allyuh want to berate them for trying to be  frank and assertive with the TTFF. Allyuh ever had dealings with the TTFF? Yes, I willing to give Tim Kee and the new administration some breathing space, but they have to set up better communication lines with our overseas players. Not because you get call up, you must lower your requirements.  Also every players situation maybe different. Not all is the same.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »
I am not absolving the TTFF in this either, the extremely talented footballers are very complex individuals as we can identify up and down the footballing landscape. Players have to be carefully managed with a delicate balance of facilitating their talent and the sometimes erratic behaviour that comes with it combined with a professional structure to keep them challenged and focused. Compensation also plays a big part of a professional paradigm, the fact that there is no payment structure that is honored in reasonable timeframe contributes to delinquincy, indiscipline and ultimately poor performance.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »
Somebody point me to where there was a report of him being disrespectful ... certainly one can assert a point, or make a query, or express dissatisfaction with something ....without being disrespectful, ent? The same applies to ego. Ego is not necessarily disrespectful.

Peltier is currently in-form for his employer and has been scoring many goals. One of his goals helped ŠK Slovan Bratislava lift their 13th Slovak Cup just a few days ago and the Club is on course for a domestic double.

Last March however, the 24 year-old winger was described by T&T head coach Hutson Charles as problematic. "Lester is talented, but he needs to get a little more mature,” said the former “Strike Squad” star. “Twice we brought him back and there were problems and disciplinary issues since under Pfister. His problem is he feels it is all about Peltier."

Nah, Hutson ... dahis your problem and by extension my/our concern.

The two paragraphs do not gel and immaturity is an insufficient reason to not have a player on a national team. Disruptive? Dahis something else.

Also, I eh really appreciate the half-statement made by the coach. Either the coaches express a transparent position on the matter or do not make it a selection issue. This should not be an issue, and I'm going to presume that it is not and that both parties have had a reasonable and responsible exchange regarding the Gold Cup.

What in the world does what allegedly occurred under Pfister have to do with the current state of play? I'm aware of a situation in which a coach was told by other players that one of their teammates used to show up to practices drunk under the previous coach. Players wanted the coach to lean in on the player. For what? The player never showed up drunk on his watch.

Then they claimed the player covered it well. What's his recourse? To go do a breathalyzer? Clearly not. There's no point in cataloguing a trail of ills and transporting them from one scene to the next.

I just wanted things to be a little more professional, that's not much to ask?"

It is not too much to ask. We should be asking for it more.

One thing I can tell you about selfish players or egocentric players is that that's their approach on every team they on ... so what it is at all? Any reports out of Slovakia that Lester's teammates disgruntled with him? that the coach cyah deal with him?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
and the fact dat people feel that others are obligated to take crap because "dias d reality" is why trinidad remains and will always be ah backward ass banana republic
Exactly. We like it so. And who doh like it so like trouble.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »
What would really help is to know what happened with him and the coach/coaching staff, so could somebody tell we the story if allyuh know.

Cause men pretty much telling the youth to hush he cyat and take whatever sub-standard coaching (if was ah coaching point) people throwing your way.

"With regards to this alleged "attitude problem", all I have been is assertive at times where professionalism was lacking with the management of the national team,"

What does Peltier mean by that? He criticize coaching tactics; he criticize coaches for reaching late; he criticize coaches for giving man 'fatigue' when dey doing ah serious drill or scrimmage; did ah coach 'pants' ah man during practice, we doh know right????

While it might be easy for some of us to dress back and chill (in de face of bullcrap), cause of our upbringing, socialization or whatever...everybody different!!!

So if allyuh know come een with de info of what really transpired nah?

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
Take what we give yuh and hush yuh mouth, that's a good attitude to have in a "professional" setting.

Eat salt and rep yuh National team hard. Don't complain don't get frustrated cause you eh no big star.

We want to go to WC?  :joker: :joker:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>