March 28, 2024, 04:01:00 PM

Author Topic: Sheldon Phillips Thread  (Read 27758 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sheldon Phillips Thread
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
Sheldon Phillips is TTFF’s New General Secretary.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has a new General Secretary.

Sheldon Phillips on Thursday began his tenure, taking over from former General Secretary  Richard Groden who vacated office last week after serving since 1998.

TTFF President Raymond Tim Kee expressed his satisfaction with the selection of Phillips which was also passed by the T&T Football Federation Executive Committee at a meeting on Wednesday evening.

There is a strong belief in the Federation that Phillips  “has a strong football understanding and is one who can oversee the broad business of the Football Federation”.

Phillips has distinctive managerial expertise in the administrative field. His appointment is regarded as a major step towards restoring faith in the federation. He also had a successful spell in sports management in the United States and other parts of the globe.

His role with the TTFF will include managing key external relationships, particularly with other local and international bodies as well as various stakeholders and partners.

On his appointment, Tim Kee stated: “With my vision for a new beginning for Trinidad and Tobago football and the heights to which I want to see our football reach, I had and continue to look  at engaging in the kind of human resource that I believe will assist in taking us there. As a result I believe my selection of Sheldon Phillips is most fitting to the cause and one which we are extremely satisfied and excited over.

“We have been greatly impressed by the work that Sheldon has done in the past in football. We are confident that in appointing him as General Secretary of the TTFF will provide strong leadership and stability.   

“I looked at the marketplace and the landscape,” added Tim Kee who had last December said he would consider advertising the position. “But along the way if you have met an individual who has met the profile that suits your vision and organization, then there is no need to advertise anymore.

“I thought also with his legal background and the leverage he enjoys in getting things done on a global stage would be a major asset. You must begin with then end in mind and my end is getting Trinidad and Tobago back to being among the top nations in CONCACAF and to highly respectable position in world football. With those goals and objectives in mind, I believe Sheldon is the ideal person to work along with me and the rest of the Federation in going about achieving all of this,” Tim Kee added.

US Soccer President and recently elected FIFA Vice President Sunil Gulati holds Phillips in high regards having worked with him dating back to 1992.

"I have known Sheldon for over 20 years when we first worked together on US Cup '92. He is resourceful and results driven. As the General Secretary, the TTFF will certainly benefit from his experience in the game,” Gulati said.

Phillips also holds a law degree from Samford University in Birmingham, AL and leveraged his legal training to acquire administrative experience working within charitable organizations, professional sports player associations, and minor league franchises.

Most recently, he collaborated through his agency, Element Agency + Events, with James Grant Sports and the Baltimore Ravens to manage the promotions and sales for the successful Baltimore, Maryland leg of the Liverpool and Tottenham Football Clubs American Tour.

Phillips eager to get the ball rolling

Together with Mr. Tim Kee and the TTFF, I will do everything in my power and ability to help lead this organization with grace and dignity; never forgetting our role and obligation to serve as stewards of a game we cherish; for a nation we love,” the 46-year-old Phillips told TTFF Media.

Our organization will be zealous in our activism and advocacy of all things football-related in Trinidad and Tobago because we are keenly aware of the power of the game and how it shapes lives both on and off the field of play. I am humbled at the opportunity,” added Phillips who was also instrumental in the settlement discussions with  the 2006 World Cup players as well as the acquiring of a new kit deal (that will be announced shortly) and the setting up of international matches against Peru, Belize, Romania and Estonia.

A Profile of Sheldon Phillips

With over 25 years in the sports and event management industry, Sheldon Phillips brings a depth of knowledge, experience, and relationships through his work with FIFA, CONCACAF, and U.S. Soccer among others.

In addition to his administrative work in football, Phillips gained federal and local government experience working as a Legislative Assistant and advisor for California Congressman, Howard L. Berman on matters pertaining to: health care, social security, and budget legislation. While working for the District of Columbia Government Public Housing Phillips led a multi million dollar sports program for public housing youth that would become the inspiration for the highly acclaimed America Scores program.

Phillips also holds a law degree from Samford University in Birmingham, AL and leveraged his legal training to acquire administrative experience working within charitable organizations, professional sports player associations, and minor league franchises.

Most recently, he collaborated through his agency, Element Agency + Events, with James Grant Sports and the Baltimore Ravens to manage the promotions and sales for the successful Baltimore, Maryland leg of the Liverpool and Tottenham Football Clubs American Tour.

"I can think of no stronger advocate for Trinidad and Tobago football than Sheldon. Now that he is poised to play a substantive role within the national governing body, T&T is better positioned to become a destination for some of the top clubs in the world." Charlie Stillitano, CEO , RSE Ventures

Brief Overview

External Affairs Director,
Washington DC Venue
1994 FIFA World Cup

Competition Director,
Birmingham, AL Venue
1996 Atlanta Olympic Summer Games

Event Manager and Producer
Los Angeles and Anaheim Venue
1995 CONCACAF Gold Cup

General Manager
Chesapeake Athletic PDL
United Soccer Leagues

Event Manager
TTFF 2005 Winter Combine

Program Manager
1998 CONCACAF Goalkeeping Coaching Workshop

Legal Associate
NFL Players Association
MLS Players Association

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:43:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Sheldon Phillips is TTFF’s New General Secretary.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »
I've known Sheldon personally for quite a few years and he is a great guy and well educated.

Good work by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation to acquire his services.

I wish him all the best.

On the opposite side of things though.

I hope he keeps the ball rolling and not lose sight as things in T&T can get sour very fast and his reputation could be tarnish.

Sheldon is a very nice guy and is very tolerant. So do your job the best you can but know when things is not working in your favor and is affecting you from performing to your best ability. Hope this never happens though as it seems like Tim Kee is doing a much better job than his predecessors despite not honoring my interview and not trying to work with the SWO, but, good luck to all.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:14:26 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
There is light at the end of the tunnel. First clear sign.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
Hoping for the best for T&T football.

Time to rekindle the drive to build a thriving "Players' Association."
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »
So we getting the Nike kit then
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »
So we getting the Nike kit then
why you ask that? Is there something that I'm missing?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 06:19:28 PM »
Don't know him personally, but this seems a step in the right direction.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
Don't know him personally, but this seems a step in the right direction.
:thinking: ................ He live all the same places you live. I bet is you!  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:24 PM »
Hmmm the moderate one?
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
:thinking: ................ He live all the same places you live. I bet is you!  ;D

Why would I want to give up a big wuk like Moderator to go become de TTFF General Secretary?  :)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 05:13:49 AM »
I supporting any Phillips...Lincoln...Sheldon....that entire family  ;D

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »
For sure he has the DNA and should make a difference !

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Congrats to Sheldon!

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »

Congrats Seldon .......

From the fans in Olney, Gaithersburg, & Columbia Maryland

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »
Sounds like he has the credentials, and  equally important, relevant business insight, network and marketing capabilities to be able to take this federation and move it from begging for pittances from the goverment to being a more self-sufficient, viable entity.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
Good luck, let's hope he don't fall into de TTFF slum and focus on his job de best he can.

Flex endorse him so he can't be bad.

Ah wonder if he have any plans to work with de SWO.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
Lincoln Phillips had a smooth ride when he was TD for the TTFF. He worked 6 months out of the seven years he was there. All the education and experience he had and did not make an impact, he blame he was not given the tools to do his job but yet he stayed here for 7 years and collected his retirement check.

Now his son Sheldon is here, a man who wasn't born in T&T, have the education and experience to get a decent job in America in addition to his PDL and USL affiliate and choose to work with the insubordinate TTFF.

Another free loader, the mango really do not fall far from the tree. Expect to see a solid 6 months from him and then he will turn into a ghost.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
Hush nah
Youtube Channel

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
Lincoln Phillips had a smooth ride when he was TD for the TTFF. He worked 6 months out of the seven years he was there. All the education and experience he had and did not make an impact, he blame he was not given the tools to do his job but yet he stayed here for 7 years and collected his retirement check.

Now his son Sheldon is here, a man who wasn't born in T&T, have the education and experience to get a decent job in America in addition to his PDL and USL affiliate and choose to work with the insubordinate TTFF.

Another free loader, the mango really do not fall far from the tree. Expect to see a solid 6 months from him and then he will turn into a ghost.

Who is this Jack Horner figure?  Ah curious to now.  Why yuh ain't come out to a meet-and-greet?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
I am afraid that I must agree with Horner on this one.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »

Who is this Jack Horner figure?  Ah curious to now.  Why yuh ain't come out to a meet-and-greet?

aks coache and pastor Stuart all a dem does work as washer woman in d same village
I pity the fool....

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
What has Lincoln Phillips done for Trinidad football during his tenure?
What legacy did Phillips leave?
Did Trinidad football improve?
Did Trinidad football remain the same as before he  took charge?
Did Trinidad football get worse?
Getting to the World Cup? Trinidad and Tobago didn't need Phillips for that.
What structure did he build?
He licenced some coaches ..Trinidad could have done that without Phillips.
What else did he do?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:11 PM »
 ???

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 10:07:28 PM »
I think Horner and Coache is the same person. Or a member here already. Cah be somebody new.  If not I will be shocked.
Youtube Channel

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 09:44:40 AM »
Coache listen kiddo ! are u looking for validation .....?  if yuh want to know who lincoln phillips all yuh need to do is  check his credentials  through the U.S soccer federation . in addition to that his contribution is immeasurable  both locally and in the U.S ...!!  when one has to deal with a thiefing maniac like jack warner  its a handicap in itself .... coache are u related to jack  warner  or jack horner ??   coache yuh either an a##h##e or somebody who acts like one..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 03:15:56 PM »

aks coache and pastor Stuart all a dem does work as washer woman in d same village

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
Why do we have to have these positions whereby one incompetitent person has so much power with no one to answer to?
Trinidad football should be restructured. If you have  one person at the top, then there should be various committees which also have involvement in the decision making process.
Appropiation of funds and other matters dealing with money would not be  solely in the hands of the person at the top but in the hands of  nobody, because there would be transparency and shared powers.
The committees would also be responsible for policy coordination, advise the person at the top and facilitate cooperation of the departments in matters of National Football.
These committees could be comprised of non paid members.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 12:13:12 PM »
Lasana reporting and Nakhid saying that Sheldon declared persona non grata in several countries and clubs and is imbed to  (Iain) Bains, the (Alvin) Hendersons, the (Ken) Butchers, Anton Corneal and his dad who was worthless while there.

I hope this is not true.

Ken Butcher is a total idiot and talks like he have no sense and the game has moved on and left many of them standing in sand.

Sheldon, you need for from your own identity and stop playing nice guy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
Lasana reporting and Nakhid saying that Sheldon declared persona non grata in several countries and clubs and is imbed to  (Iain) Bains, the (Alvin) Hendersons, the (Ken) Butchers, Anton Corneal and his dad who was worthless while there.

I hope this is not true.

Ken Butcher is a total idiot and talks like he have no sense and the game has moved on and left many of them standing in sand.

Sheldon, you need for from your own identity and stop playing nice guy.

Source?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 02:07:02 PM »
Phillips did a lot for Tnt football while in change

we made world cup 2006
U17 team made a couple world cups

his biggest achievements was getting american girl players to play for TnT and make the women youth program respectable

but i thought he would have started a youth program along the lines of US youth soccer but I guess that was too much to ask.

1]; } ?>