March 28, 2024, 09:27:11 AM

Author Topic: Sheldon Phillips Thread  (Read 27747 times)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Sheldon Phillips fired!
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
Yea this kinda untimely...elections right around the corner....Phillips gonna throw in his nomination for candidacy!? Look trouble
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2015, 01:20:23 PM »
Was not expecting this. Maybe this is why Colin Murray withdrew from the president election.
Errol hinted that Sheldon could be on his way out in a post this morning and the Colin Murray maybe in line for the position to work under Tim Kee. But I too wasn't expecting this....and so soon.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »
1 Down 1 more to go Tim Kee you next.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »
just hope we're not now exposed to 'truths' from Mr Phillips in an effort to get back at Kimmy. We've had enough of that kinda vibe and I honestly believe the "team" is on the upward and don't need the negativity.

Thanks, now kindly move on or as some suggest, put you name on the ballot.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »
It makes no sense to fire a man for a mistake that was not his and that the guilty party has confessed to.

I hope there's more to it.

If SP "erred" so much is that really the track record that preempts running for the Presidency?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »
It makes no sense to fire a man for a mistake that was not his and that the guilty party has confessed to.

I hope there's more to it.

If SP "erred" so much is that really the track record that preempts running for the Presidency?

VB

A yardman badman once said: some man haffi dead so some man can live.

VB, as Mutabaruka would say: doh try mek sense outta nonsense.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
Everything i say has come to pass.

Like his dad, he worked hard for 6 month and then disappeared, this is one of the reason why US soccer got rid of him, he feels an email to John can cut the grass in the stadium instead of going there and making sure its done.

I guess the brick doesn't fall far from the mason.

These guys are out to build names and look for credit, they do not get involved with daily stuff and that was a big issue with Lincoln as well, who came to T&T thinking everyone should kiss his foot because he is a Howard graduate.

Finally, the world is seeing it for themselves.

Good going Tim Kee, and the use of the guardian article as a scapegoat was a good excuse to fire him.

Now the TTFA can use the $45,000 a month to pay their players.

I hope Fuentes is next.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:26:56 PM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »
Sheldon

Sheldon meanwile added: "Much gratitude to the well wishers and supporters like yourself Flex, who offered advice, encouragement, and constructive criticism."

"I'm thankful to to have worked with the coaches, players, and staff of the TTFA who make unheralded sacrifices with little resources yet still compete with the powers of the region."

"In spite of the way it ended, the journey was a privilege and I would like to thank Raymond Tim Kee for the opportunity he provided for me to serve Trinidad and Tobago football ended Phillips."

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:31:55 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2015, 04:33:53 PM »
Everything i say has come to pass.

Like his dad, he worked hard for 6 month and then disappeared, this is one of the reason why US soccer got rid of him, he feels an email to John can cut the grass in the stadium instead of going there and making sure its done.

I guess the brick doesn't fall far from the mason.

These guys are out to build names and look for credit, they do not get involved with daily stuff and that was a big issue with Lincoln as well, who came to T&T thinking everyone should kiss his foot because he is a Howard graduate.

Finally, the world is seeing it for themselves.

Good going Tim Kee, and the use of the guardian article as a scapegoat was a good excuse to fire him.

Now the TTFA can use the $45,000 a month to pay their players.

I hope Fuentes is next.

Horner, wha Fuentes do yuh?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
Fuentes goes with the tide.

Watch him.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2015, 04:50:11 PM »
I eh have much to say because it go be good and bad.

Sheldon, good luck to you bro, T&T never accepted you and under a better boss you mighta been better?? but you accepted the terms now you have to pay.

On de flip side, I find you wasn't hands on enough and honest and you came in and just accepted what ever you got instead of trying to make your own name.

I really had hope for you because Flex big you up and Lincoln is a smart solider and because he didn't get a chance to do what he wanted, I thought you woulda finish that.

In T&T we dont care about educating prisoners.

You dont come here to build name, you come here to work and improve and get guys who can help, not try to do it all alone because in de end you will take de bad rep for someone else, you cant bite more than you can chew.

Flex, Bakes and Tallman could have helped you especially with the relationship you had with them to get you out there.

As for Tim Kee, your only pardna yuh fired and Sancho and W Connection not voting for yuh, so de timing not good but ah still prefer you over David John Williams.

PS: Ah like Shelden, but book sense could only take you so far, de free ride over. Players working for free and you getting paid doh sit good

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:54:02 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
What's the key issue with T&T football? $$$$$$$. Might have been time to draft an uptown candidate. Seems to have worked well for other nations.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
Like I said previously, I thought more people would put their hats in the ring for this important post. But everybody body but a few, staying as far away. Disappointing to say the least.

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2015, 08:01:06 PM »
Ironic that Sheldon took bullet after bullet for that pseudo-dictator. Tim Kee only made things harder for himself with that bullsh*t press release that said nothing at all. At the end, Sheldon worked tirelessly for the association. Anything that went right, it reflected on Tim Tim. Unfortunately, he remains PoS mayor after the TTFA AGM. sickening.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2015, 01:56:44 AM »
Tim Kee fires Phillips.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

...it’s all politics says general secretary

Sheldon Phillips, former general secretary of the T&T Football Association (TTFA), said yesterday that politics led to him being fired by the association.

A release issued by the TTFA yesterday stated the TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee fired Phillips because he failed to adhere to directives regarding the operational activities of the Association. 

It also said the decision was taken by Tim Kee following the issuing of a letter to Phillips requesting his resignation on Monday evening. 

Phillips refused the request following which his services were terminated by Tim Kee.

His sacking came a mere day after a newspaper report stated that  Tim Kee had received  support from the executives of the embattled football association. 

Phillips’ dismissal has unearthed what appears to be a division within the walls of the TTFA.

Tim Kee has confirmed that he will be seeking a re-election when the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and election of officers are held on November 29.

TTFA officials will be able to tell who filed their nomination documents to contest the elections today as the deadline was midnight last night.

It is understood that W Connection main man John Williams and former international referee Ramesh Ramdhan are among those seeking the top post.

Yesterday, Phillips, the son of former national goalkeeper and the federation’s technical director Lincoln Phillips, did not want to comment on whether there was a rift within the football association but said it was totally unfortunate that he was fired.

He said he was grateful for the opportunity to serve T&T and could only hope that he has played a role in the obvious progress in local football from 2012 to now.

Phillips, who admitted to being the one instrumental in the hiring of Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart and women’s coach Randy Waldrum also explained that  his sacking may have come  because it was an election year.

Asked if his dismissal could lead to a set back in the progress of TT football only weeks before the start of World Cup qualification, Phillips said “ I don’t think my situation will affect what’s going on at the TTFA. I think everyone has a job to do and that is important.”

His exit also means that the football association will now be in a search of a replacement.

Yesterday’s release also confirmed that the TTFA has commenced a search for a new general secretary and remains committed to exploring and evaluating possibilities and opportunities that will put the TTFA on a trajectory for growth and continued development.

A team of members  is expected to be selected soon to look for sponsorship for local football, and there may likely to be resignations to follow Phillips’ firing.

Lennox Watson, one of the association’s vice presidents, expressed surprise at Phillips’ dismissal, saying that he did not think that Tim Kee had the authority or power to fire the general secretary.

Other vice presidents of the TTFA are Rudolph Thomas,  and Krishna Kuarsingh.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2015, 02:47:02 AM »
Good luck Mr Sheldon.

You tried your best, not sure of you accomplishments while here, but I am sure you did your best.

I hope the TTFA finds a replacement eager and hungry to make a dent.

I think Flex Mohammed and Nigel Myers are good candidates.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 10:07:47 AM »
loose philLIPS sink ships...

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2015, 10:13:23 AM »
Sheldon was the only bright spot at the TTFA, Tim Kee making people fool him.

Sheldon could have done better but was fight down by many.

I wish him all the best.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2015, 11:53:19 AM »
In my opinion, this action by Tim Kee seemed to be something he wanted to do a while back and used the Guardian article as an excuse to fire Sheldon?

I also believe that Sheldon did nothing wrong to warrant being fired and if he was given more freedom he might have done exceptionally well.

I am not here to endorse anyone but of all the current TTFA staff (admin) Sheldon should be the last man Tim Kee should fire, in-fact, David Muhammad leads the list who should have been booted out a long time ago.

Sheldon was very instrumental in these few things I remembered.

1. Soca Warrior settlement
Definitely an accomplishment despite the irrational action of a few Warriors when the second half of payments sputtered. Tim Kee gave ALL the funds he received from CONCACAF to the players when he could have filed bankruptcy and used the $1.5 million as seed money for a new FA.

2. New Constitution
Led the effort for a new constitution which people had been clamoring for decades. New constitution will enable clubs to have a say in governance and include a place for a players association.

3. Debt Reduction
In just over two years, he took $6 million USD in debt and reduced it to $2 million.

4. FIFA/CONCACAF Support
Increased development programs to serve the football family and qualified the FA for major projects and funding for merchandising and training centre, however, I am not sure what has become of the training centre.

5. Government Support
Cast aside political affiliation and he reached out to Anil Roberts to establish funding for senior team and worked with Gary Griffith to create the Cabinet note. Former sports minister has since tried to undo the effort. He also negotiated the deal with then minister Gary Griffith to get $10 million dollars to the senior team players and staff to bring their arrears up to date and get funding for the gold cup.

6. Coaching Changes
Introduced the country to Stephen Hart and Randy Waldrum two coaches who led the national teams to there best run in years.

7. Increased Sponsorships- biggest surprise to many
Ten sponsors have been added to the TTFA since RTK became president.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:57:21 PM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2015, 12:05:52 PM »
Good. So can we all agree that Uncle Tim must go having bared his fangs more clearly now.
Let's act to influence the vote.
Flex if you had run, would have voted for you. Same for Tallman. Maybe next time.
All applicants should sign a pledge not to tief, embezzle, launder, siphon off money or be involved in any brown envelope syndrome
or be involved in any kickbacks or any inappropriate or illegal personal enrichment.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
Was listening to the radio this morning. This decision (and the broader election) could stimulate unflattering comparisons between RTK's stewardship as Mayor of POS and his tenure as TTFA president.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2015, 03:58:38 PM »
Good. So can we all agree that Uncle Tim must go having bared his fangs more clearly now.
Let's act to influence the vote.
Flex if you had run, would have voted for you. Same for Tallman. Maybe next time.
All applicants should sign a pledge not to tief, embezzle, launder, siphon off money or be involved in any brown envelope syndrome
or be involved in any kickbacks or any inappropriate or illegal personal enrichment.

Thanx buddy, I would shock up that whole FA like a tsunami

;)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2015, 01:54:44 AM »
TTFA pres: Execs reluctant to accept change.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Watson: Tim Kee bad for football but...

Lennox Watson, first vice president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA), has said that local football will go back as far as 25 years, if current president Raymond Tim Kee is re-elected at the annual general meeting (AGM) and election of officers on November 29.

But contacted yesterday, Tim Kee said some members of the executive are not ready to accept the changes necessary for the growth and development of the sport.

In an interview following the sacking of general secretary Sheldon Phillips yesterday, Watson promised to check the constitution of the football association to determine if Tim Kee had the power to fire the general secretary like that. Watson highlighted a number of reasons why he felt Tim Kee was bad for local football, such as his decision to isolate the members of his executives soon after assuming office, Watson said.

“I can tell you as first vice president of the football association who handed over the office to Tim Kee in 2012 and the first thing he did was to write to the world governing body for football FIFA to paint his members in a negative light,” Watson said.

Another thing, Watson explained, was that the president has not been giving his executives financial statements, neither does he hold executive meetings.

When quizzed on whether he was one of the executive members who was considering tendering his resignation, Watson said, “No, I will not resign, but I will definitely not be going back up for re-election because I do not want to be a part of any executive under Tim Kee.

“Tim Kee calls special meetings and most of the times these meetings are not finished. I think he has made a mess of football.”

Tim Kee is expected to be challenged by W Connection boss David John-Williams and now former T&T referee, who officiated at the 1998 World Cup in France, Ramesh Ramdhan, for the post of president, come November 29.

In spite of the criticisms levelled against the local football boss, it is understood that he has been credited for a marked improvement in the game when a comparison is made between the game in 2012 and before, to how it is now. And strangely the one heaping the praises on Tim Kee and the TTFA for this progress was the man who was sacked on Tuesday. Phillips had said that anyone watching local football from 2012 would admit that football now is in a better place.

Tim Kee told the Guardian yesterday he has had to stand firm on decisions designed for the betterment of the country in the face of challenges by executive members who are bent on doing things the way it was done for years before. And among these include key changes in the constitution of the TTFA, which FIFA described as “the worst constitution ever and one which was designed to keep certain people in power”.

Tim Kee, who wants to continue the job that he started three years ago, said even though the members were advised to change the constitution, they still didn’t want to do it and it was only because they were pressured by a top ranking member of the FIFA, who dealt specifically with constitutions, that they then approved it.

Tim Kee is calling on the public to judge him and the TTFA by the product, which in this case is the progress of football in T&T. His aim has been to return corporate T&T to the sport which has been tarnished by negative reports of alleged financial mismanagement.

“Good marketing will tell you that corporate T&T has lost all confidence and trust in the TTFA and therefore for us to win back this trust we need to do things differently and this is where the breakdown is among just a few key members in the association,” Tim Kee said.

The embattled football president is adamant to ensure corporate T&T and the public that there is accountability and transparency in local football for the first time.

Tim Kee went on to explain that his decision to fire general secretary Sheldon Phillips was not personal but because he went against the association policy.

“I can tell you that Phillips was an excellent worker who was always dependable. You can count on him at anytime, but he just made too many missteps,” Tim Kee said.

Lennox Watson...First vice president of TTFA.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2015, 04:43:14 AM »
“I can tell you that Phillips was an excellent worker who was always dependable. You can count on him at anytime, but he just made too many missteps,” Tim Kee said.

???

Does not compute.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2015, 05:56:32 AM »
Ramesh Ramdhan gets my vote.

Tim Kee and John Williams are to self centered and stubborn to lead the FA.

I pray to God that David John Williams do not win.

At first I was very happy to hear about him wanting to run but now I have a change of heart which I cannot reveal why.

All I can say is, he does not like Hart and pretends he do, he have his motive, a deep one.

As for Sheldon, he is reliable but very soft, for years he have defended Tim Kee now he turned around and stab him right in the back.

Sheldon, was warned a while ago about the T&T press including the official press officer.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:16:10 AM by Errol »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2015, 06:47:01 AM »

Tim Kee and John Williams are to self centered and stubborn to lead the FA.

I pray to God that David John Williams do not win.

At first I was very happy to hear about him wanting to run but now I have a change of heart which I cannot reveal why.

All I can say is, he does not like Hart and pretends he do, he have his motive, a deep one.

As for Sheldon, he is reliable but very soft, for years he have defended Tim Kee now he turned around and stab him right in the back.

Sheldon, was warned a while ago about the T&T press including the official press officer.

Tim Kee wanted to fire Sheldon since the hiring of Darren Mullien and the Argentina fiasco but did not get the chance to, the Guardian article by Alibey was the perfect opportunity to get him and Tim Kee took the chance.

Tim Kee told me once that Sheldon is a decent guy but makes poor decissions which made the TTFA look bad on many occasions. The Training Centre was another big embrassment that just never happened after all the hype.

Tim Kee said Sheldon was making folks feel he was doing everything at the TTFA.

David Muhammad was also make it worst for Sheldon and Watson could say all he wants but he too did not like Sheldon.

There were to many false promises and it had to be stopped.

In other words I guess, he said he was a talker??

This is what I have heard.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2015, 06:55:00 AM »

Is this a form of "bullying" at a different level?????

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »
My thoughts exactly. But what's his platform though? Maybe we can get an interview with him to hear what he's all about just like what Flex did with DJW. At least with his referee background (at the highest level) he should be a fair and ethical man who will do what's in the best interest of T&T football....at least that's what we hope.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2015, 09:52:17 AM »
WATCH: Sheldon Phillips is no longer General Secretary of the TTFA. Phillips’ contract was terminated by president Raymond Tim Kee on Monday after Phillips refused to hand in his resignation. Meanwhile Phillips responded by saying that he was grateful for the opportunity to work with the TTFA and growing the game. However he suggested that he might seek redress.
CLICK HERE for video.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2015, 11:26:12 AM »
Did I hear "redress"? Presshah!
Hol' on tight for the ride Uncle Tim.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>