April 20, 2024, 07:04:39 AM

Author Topic: Collin Samuel is hungry to keep East Fife in Division Two  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Collin Samuel is hungry to keep East Fife in Division Two
« on: May 20, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
Collin Samuel is hungry to keep East Fife in Division Two and face Rangers next season
By Ewan Smith (Daily Record)

COLLIN SAMUEL once dined at football’s top table as a World Cup star – but he is just as hungry to succeed in the play-off final.

The ex-Dundee United and St Johnstone striker will travel to Peterhead today as East Fife go into a one-off shoot-out to secure Second Division football after a goalless draw in Methil in midweek.

And Sammy, 31, who was in Trinidad’s squad at Germany 2006, wants to stay up to face Rangers next term. He said: “Every player I know wants the chance to play against Rangers.

“I have done it many times and have scored against them. They are a special club. It doesn’t matter if they have different players or are at a lower level – Rangers are Rangers.

“It would be a real pleasure to play against them but it would also be good for the club’s finances to be in the same league. I’ve played at a high level in my career. I’ve played at a World Cup, in England and the SPL.

“Everyone can see times have changed for me. Football has moved on a lot from four or five years ago.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>