April 27, 2024, 04:22:06 PM

Author Topic: Four nations tournament in Saudi Arabia in September  (Read 7577 times)

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Four nations tournament in Saudi Arabia in September
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:58 AM »
Four nations tournament in Saudi Arabia from 6. to 10. September.

Teams : Saudi Arabia, UAE , New Zealand and TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

http://www.uaefa.ae/index.php?go=news&more=18629

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Four nations tournament in Saudi Arabia in September
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »
Yeah! seems two games assured. Semi final, 3rd place playoff, Final format. I assume the Saudi's footing the bill  ::) .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:12:47 AM »
Four sh!t teams.

this should be interesting.    :thinking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:26:07 AM »
New Zealand ain't shit I can tell you that. It's actually more difficult than it looks.  Whoever getting these games doing a good job. Can't remember the last time I see we get so much freindly games in a year. Without playing other Caribbean teams.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:29:38 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:12 AM »
Good stuff.

Remember, international football dealing with Jackula was a big deterent knowing that foreign officials had to do as he said and be constantly looking over dey back as they funnel funds into his multiple shady criminal-looking unofficial accounts to avoid true FA association to FA association contacts. He made getting games so difficult as he wanted the games to be on his terms to get the all the specific money he needed. What a ting.!

Up to now we eh realize how he crippled T&T's opportunity to grow. Only shit teams with no way to go had time to waste with Jackula's manipulative antics and blackmalil for a li'l game here and game there. "Nicaragua, give my socawarriors a last minute game and I will see what I can do to get a FIFA committee spot for your FA secretary and while yuh at it, give me the rights for all your TV broadcasts and I will see if I could get you a nomination for an under 17 hosting event 2 years from now. Hurry eh, as the football public at home giving me pressures having had no games for a year". Many were miseducated and brainwashed in a Coop's-esque fashion to believe that if yuh doh have Jackula in yuh life yuh might as well dead .. as if he was de very air yuh breath. Damn foolishness.

Thank you Lord for ridding the TTFF of the evil of Jackula, Scamps and Rodent. We know it eh completely ova with their little weasel surrogates stuck in here and there, but tank yuh. Iz a big big improvement. Thank you for silencing those jokers who would not want us to reach to this point of freedom from numbing oppression.

Go Warriors.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:11:43 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:23:46 AM »
Four sh!t teams.

I surprised to hear you say that ... considering you duss be berating ppl fuh only wanting to watch pretty football from foreign at the expense of local club and regional ball.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
Four sh!t teams.

But we are the worse out of the 4 so it looks like a good opportunity for us unless you think we should play Belize and Guyana instead.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
Four sh!t teams.

you really are a complete jackass yes

we have no World Cup to play for, this is a brilliant follow up to the Gold Cup to stay in a competitive atmosphere and give the young players experience against different style of opposition vs playing only Concacaf friendlies

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »
With Jack out the way,any door thst opens we must step in grasp the opportunity and make sure we represent,red white and black.100% support is needed

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 05:25:09 PM »
I'll enjoy this sporting fiesta;TT playing Romania and Estonia in Europe and now playing this tournament in Saudi,I may even go to see the CPL in India cuz TT will be there.This is going to be a lovely time for me to see so much of TT,I hope they surprise everybody.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 06:04:29 PM »
Thank God for small mercies!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »
Saudi Arabia went to 4 straight WC & they at home for this tournament.
UAE are steadily improving at youth level and New Zealand did a number at WC 2010
This is a very good outing.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »
Saudi games news to me, says McKavanagh

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/football/8668847/Saudi-games-news-to-me-says-McKavanagh

New Zealand Football boss Grant McKavanagh says a report that the All Whites will play in a four-team international tournament in Saudi Arabia in September is premature.

A report on the United Arab Emirates Football Association website said the All Whites would meet Saudi Arabia, Trinidad and Tobago and UAE in preparation for their World Cup qualifiers in November.

"Nothing has crossed my desk as yet; that's a report out of the UAE," McKavanagh said.

"We've certainly signed and committed to nothing.

more...

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 05:28:09 AM »
It may be in their best interest for New Zealand to play us as they would probably face a team like Jamaica in the playoffs to reach the World Cup.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 07:33:56 AM »
AH man go and spoil the Thread by mentioning ah flipping team with ah yellow X and green from we region . to quote BM ....F***k JAM

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
Four sh!t teams.

you really are a complete jackass yes

we have no World Cup to play for, this is a brilliant follow up to the Gold Cup to stay in a competitive atmosphere and give the young players experience against different style of opposition vs playing only Concacaf friendlies
Imagine the pot tellin the kettle he bottom black!

listen kid, read my finger tips,   i t   i  s   c a  l  l  e  d   s  a  r  c  a  s  i  s  m,   i   w  a  s   b  e  i  n  g   f  a  c  e  t  e  o  u  s,  capice??

i was merely making light hearted humor of the tournament, but if you had an ounce of intuition then you would have gotten that.  i guess i will have to  start making my intentions known around here before i begin typing.

in all seriousness i welcome the tournament with open arms feet and toes, and could not be more ecstatic. watching T&T play is always an anticipated welcomed event in my household, and i could not ask for more, what a wonderful  couple of yrs for football it has been .  happy now?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
Four sh!t teams.

But we are the worse out of the 4 so it looks like a good opportunity for us unless you think we should play Belize and Guyana instead.
Breds i happier than ah pig in shit, it's going to be ah wonderful yr for T&T football, timkee wokin!! show dat wind bag ollie camps how it's done raymond.

well done mr president!!    :salute:   :beermug: :beermug:   

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:09 PM »
Have these games been confirmed by the TTFA yet? I see them on FIFA.com but i remember that FIFA.com also had the rumored friendly with Uganda a couple of years ago that never happened.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »
Four nations tournament in Saudi Arabia from 6. to 10. September.

Teams : Saudi Arabia, UAE , New Zealand and TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

http://www.uaefa.ae/index.php?go=news&more=18629
We should aim to win this tournament if we are indeed confirmed to be taking part!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
I hope this small 'friendly' tournament is still on.  It'll be great for the team to be kept playing competitive matches, to keep in shape and to continue to build chemistry and further define our identity through our style of play.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:09:23 AM by OutsideMan »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »
This is great news if true...decent competition for us and it gives us exposure. Hopefully this can open doors for young players.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 01:45:33 PM »
 :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »

We need to understand players' availability. I hope we eh going there with a PFL 11.

I would like to see at least five of the foreign based there.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 02:09:07 PM »
The Saudi game is on the FIFA calendar. Sept. 6th, 2013. http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/index.html
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
The Saudi game is on the FIFA calendar. Sept. 6th, 2013. http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/index.html

that is during the international break I believe ..we should add another middle eastern team for the 2nd September date

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 08:01:44 PM »

We need to understand players' availability. I hope we eh going there with a PFL 11.

VB

We have to start requesting players from now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »

VB

We should have done it already.

But then again with a new Coach, you don't really know who he'll want.
However, with permission granted for the major players abroad, it's just a matter of choosing who you want.

VB
We have to start requesting players from now.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:46 AM »
I feel is Bakr organise that link for we
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline fredej

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
positive development from the TTFA

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 02:08:14 AM »
New Zealand keen on ‘Warriors’ contest.
By Shaun Fuentes.

New Zealand are keen to face off with T&T as they prepare for their November World Cup playoffs with the fourth placed team from Concacaf for a place in the 2014 World Cup Finals.

New Zealand will join T&T, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia in the four-nation tournament in Riyadh from September 5. T&T are scheduled to play the UAE and then possibly the winner or loser of the New Zealand/Saudi Arabia encounter.

New Zealand head coach Ricki Herbert is expecting either Panama or Honduras to be possible fourth place finishers from Concacaf and as a result is hoping to play T&T as a warm up.

The New Zealand Association have also indicated an interest in travelling to play T&T at home in October.

This will be T&T’s first international appearance since the Concacaf Gold Cup in July. The tournament in Riyadh, called the OSN Cup, is organised by Asia’s leading pay-TV network, OSN, and the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF).

More than 25,000 spectators are expected to watch the matches live, which will be held at the Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>