April 19, 2024, 09:17:53 PM

Author Topic: New TTOC president Brian Lewis is grateful  (Read 808 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
New TTOC president Brian Lewis is grateful
« on: May 13, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »
New TTOC president grateful
Story Created: May 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM ECT

New Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) president, Brian Lewis has expressed his gratitude to the T&T Olympic movement “for trusting me with the presidency of the TTOC.”

In his letter of gratitude, the new TTOC president said he is looking “to working with the newly elected Executive Committee and all the National sport organisations as we seek together to serve sport and the Olympic movement.

“I wish to thank Mr Larry Romany,” Lewis continued, “for the tremendous contribution he has made to the TTOC during his tenure as president.

“I also thank and recognise the sterling contribution and long and distinguished service of Mr Douglas Camacho and Senator Elton Prescott S.C.

Both Mr Camacho and Senator Prescott have decided to step away from active leadership involvement in the TTOC.

“Thank you Mr Camacho. Thank you Senator Prescott.
“I am confident that the newly elected Executive Committee will not let the TTOC and the Olympic movement down.

“It would be remiss of me if I didn’t make special mention of Mrs Annette Knott, the new Honorary Secretary General. Mrs Knott created local Olympic history by becoming the first woman to serve as TTOC secretary general. I am proud to have been the catalyst for this history making landmark.

“In thanking members of the previous TTOC executive committee who for different reasons didn’t seek re–election, I acknowledge Mr Mushtaque Mohammed and Mr Wendell Labastide who both served on the TTOC executive for 16 years. Their exceptional hard work, commitment, tireless dedication and fidelity to Olympism were of the highest standard.

“The 2013 TTOC election is over. The result of the work of those who have gone before is a TTOC that is strong and vibrant.

“As we look to the challenges of a new era, a new generation, a modern T&T society, the social media and knowledge-based age, I am of the view that the history, traditions, the timeless principles and values of Olympism will inspire and motivate us as all to step up to the plate, roll up our sleeves and accept the duty, obligation and responsibility of service to Olympism, TTOC and sport.

“The goal of the Olympic movement is to contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport, practiced without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.

“The TTOC’s mission is to develop and protect the Olympic movement in T&T in accordance with the Olympic Charter, and its vision is to grow the Olympic spirit in T&T.

“Let us move forward,” Lewis ended, “with confidence and self belief.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>