April 18, 2024, 10:09:35 PM

Author Topic: NASL  (Read 1712 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
NASL
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:04:19 PM »
Watching a game between Atlanta Silverbacks coached by Brian Haynes against FCEdmonton with Carlyle Mitchell.

Look nah sometimes we are hard on our pro league on TNT but you know the stands is not packed here but they do have a few give ways and promotional events.

The level of play is comparable to our pro league from what I have seen.
I would think our best pro league team. Could hold their own in this league .

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: NASL
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
Good of you to be making observations such as this.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:39:14 PM »
Watching a game between Atlanta Silverbacks coached by Brian Haynes against FCEdmonton with Carlyle Mitchell.

Look nah sometimes we are hard on our pro league on TNT but you know the stands is not packed here but they do have a few give ways and promotional events.

The level of play is comparable to our pro league from what I have seen.
I would think our best pro league team. Could hold their own in this league .

Of course the stands not pack.....(1) the game was played in Edmonton (a team that finish bottom table and then dead last 2011 and 2012 respectively). Yet, they not going to have 50 people watching a game.....(2) these two teams are two of the weaker teams in the league and don't usually have big support. Atlanta and Edmonton does swap last place positions every year. Although this season they have had a better start. You ever went down Carolina and take in Railhawks? Or even San Antonio (although this season they flat like a pan cake)? Sold out games.

The top team in Pro League can surely hold their own in the NASL. Without question (in my opinion).The difference however is consistency and efficiency.

Kingman
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:41:33 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »
the #19 for the Silverbacks is one of my boys...Liberian fella with good skill ..coached him as an amateur for 5yrs.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »
The NASL has good organization and good coaching. The problem with NASL, USL, like MLS (in general) is that coaching cannot compensate for below par players (in terms of quality). Both leagues, teams, are made up a sprinklings of good players and by and large college players whom were never good technically, but good athletes. The quality of play as a consequence, is peppered with unforced errors and way too much unnecessary running. However, I would agree that the T&T Pro League may be at the same level as the NASL / USL (not in organization), with the general talent base being better, but by and large poor training habits and poor fitness levels.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Miami FC becomes 12th NASL club
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 04:50:55 PM »
Miami FC becomes 12th NASL club
NASL.com

International entrepreneur Riccardo Silva and world-renowned soccer superstar Paolo Maldini have teamed up to bring Miami professional soccer to the world stage with the launch of Miami Football Club (Miami FC), co-owned by Maldini and Silva.

Miami FC, which will be the city’s only professional soccer club, will begin play in the North American Soccer League (NASL) in 2016. The club will also compete in the U.S. Open Cup and will host international tournaments and friendly matches in Miami. Miami FC will play its home games in one of the existing world-class stadiums of Miami.

The mission of Miami FC is to connect with Miami’s communities through the global language of soccer, and strengthen community ties even further by promoting social-driven initiatives and charitable work through soccer, in partnership with The Miami Foundation and the Play for Change Foundation.

Silva, president and founder of the MP & Silva group, a worldwide leader in distribution of sports media rights, will bring synergy, added value and exposure to his new franchise by distributing Miami FC matches worldwide through an estimated 50 TV channels covering more than 150 countries throughout the global market. In addition, the MP & Silva group will be a shareholder of the newly formed Miami FC.

Maldini, who is widely recognized as one of the greatest players in the history of the game, will use his unparalleled soccer expertise to select a world-class team and technical staff. He represented Italy in four FIFA World Cups and won five European club championships with AC Milan, where he spent his entire 25-year playing career.

The ownership group of Miami FC includes Silva, Maldini, MP & Silva and a group of international investors led by Antonio Barreto, a longtime sports and media entrepreneur and Miami resident who will be CEO of Miami FC.     

“I’m proud to support a venture that is not only bringing world-class professional soccer to Miami but also a project with an active charity program for the local community,” said Silva, President and Co-owner of Miami FC. “As Miami moves forward in the world of business and arts, we feel that it’s a good time to also take a step further in the world of sports and soccer, and we will do that with dedication and passion, bringing our business and soccer expertise. Soccer is the fastest growing professional sport in the USA, and Miami is a dynamic and multi-cultural city that is passionate for sports and has been longing for a marquee soccer franchise. Soccer and international culture are a perfect combination - especially for the youth and future generations to come - and it is highly valuable having Paolo Maldini, who will bring his soccer knowledge and shares our vision and our passion.”

Maldini, Co-owner of Miami FC: “I’m proud and excited to be part of this venture. I strongly believe in the growth of soccer in the USA, and this is the perfect project to develop a top-class soccer team in one of the most important cities in the world. We are glad not only to bring a professional soccer team to Miami, but also to support all of its communities through our social responsibility commitment. We believe that the fast-growing NASL will be the perfect platform to develop a successful team and a valuable business. Miami has been my second home for 15 years, so I look forward to spending more and more time here as Co-owner of Miami FC, giving my enthusiastic contribution for its success.”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>