April 28, 2024, 11:52:11 PM

Author Topic: 2013 World Track & Field Championships in Moscow (Sat 10th to Sun 18th Aug)  (Read 52912 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Pitty this was not live on Trinidad tv

we dont care about sports

f**king pathetic from our local channels

I was shocked nobody paid for it. Normally somebody has it.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Just saw Jehue's interview with Maurice Green, and WOW:

Matured, Focused, Intelligent and full of VISION. If he maintains this trajectory, he will be unstoppable. He also spoke about being patient, as he knows Kevin Young's world record was achieved when he was 25. I think he has come of age.

Well done young man!

Like he eyeing that WR
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/results/men/400-metres-hurdles/final/result#resultheader

Results from 400 Metres Hurdles - Men 15 AUG 2013 21:00

POS   BIB   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK      REACTION TIME

1    1051    Jehue Gordon  TRI  47.69    WL    0.174  :wavetowel:
2    1173    Michael Tinsley  USA  47.70    PB    0.133   
3    997    Emir Bekric  SRB  48.05    NR    0.202

4    311    Omar Cisneros  CUB  48.12       0.219   
5    346    Felix Sánchez  DOM  48.22       0.175   
6    894    Javier Culson  PUR  48.38       0.189   
7    983    Mamadou Kasse Hanne SEN 48.68    0.195   
8    1116    Kerron Clement  USA  49.08    0.165

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jehue finally does it at a major senior champs and runs a world lead and new personal best!
Congrats on him finally reaching the stage of fulfilling his potential!  :beermug:

I was also impressed with Bekric and the Cuban Cisneros.
I believe that all the other fellas in the top 6 are going to be Jehue's main rivals in the future or at least for the rest of this year on the DL circuit.

As the new Men's 400m Hurdles World Champ, Jehue should now be able to make some good money on the DL circuit.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:27:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Great news!  CONGRATS to Jehue!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting stat..

Jehue follows in the steps of Yohan Blake to become the youngest gold medallist in his discipline. Before today, Kerron clement was the youngest person to win a gold in the 400mh. Jehue is now the youngest gold medallist in the 400mh.

Maybe Jehue might replace Lalonde in the 4x400?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting stat..

Jehue follows in the steps of Yohan Blake to become the youngest gold medallist in his discipline. Before today, Kerron clement was the youngest person to win a gold in the 400mh. Jehue is now the youngest gold medallist in the 400mh.

Why?!  ???
Unless Lalonde makes the 200m Final I don't think that will be necessary plus I believe that Lalonde is the faster 400m flat runner between the two.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BdSKSxvA7Ws" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BdSKSxvA7Ws</a>

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:22:42 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When is relays Socapro?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting stat..

Why?!  ???
Unless Lalonde makes the 200m Final I don't think that will be necessary plus I believe that Lalonde is the faster 400m flat runner between the two.

Dont forget Lalonde might have to run 3 races under that scenario. 200m heats, then 200m semis, then 4x400? All that running in 10hrs.. Thats going to take a lot..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:23:56 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting stat..

Why?!  ???

Dont forget Lalonde might have to run 3 races under that scenario. 200m heats, then 200m semis, then 4x400? All that running in 10hrs.. Thats going to take a lot..

You read my mind. Lalonde Maybe the faster 400m flat runner. But the run today and the 2 rounds of the deuce will leave him gassed for the 4x4 final.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/results/men/javelin-throw/qualification/summary#resultheader

Results from Javelin Throw Qualification - Men
Qualifying performance 82.50 (Q) or at least 12 best performers (q)

POS  Rank    Heat    BIB    ATHLETE    COUNTRY    RESULTS

1    1    A    440    Tero Pitkämäki  FIN  84.39 Q
2    1    B    359    Ihab Abdelrahman El Sayed  EGY  83.62 Q NR      
3    2    A    839    Andreas Thorkildsen  NOR  83.05 Q       
4    3    A    1189    Ivan Zaytsev  UZB  81.53 q       
5    4    A    340    Vítezslav Veselý  CZE  81.51 q       
6    2    B    441    Antti Ruuskanen  FIN  81.36 q       
7    3    B    974    Dmitri Tarabin  RUS  81.32 q       
8    5    A    725    Julius Yego  KEN  80.88 q       
9    6    A    1020    Kim Amb  SWE  80.84 q       
10    7    A    841    Stuart Farquhar  NZL  80.73 q       
11    4    B    1085    Roman Avramenko  UKR  80.37 q       
12    5    B    408    Risto Mätas  EST  80.18 q

13    6    B    1071    Fatih Avan  TUR  80.09       
14    8    A    545    Bernhard Seifert  GER  80.02       
15    7    B    758    Vadims Vasilevskis  LAT  79.68       
16    9    A    320    Guillermo Martínez  CUB  79.67       
17    8    B    442    Teemu Wirkkala  FIN  79.50       
18    9    B    850    Víctor Fatecha  PAR  79.03 PB      
19    10    A    1064    Keshorn Walcott  TRI  78.78       
20    10    B    1121    Riley Dolezal  USA  78.76       
21    11    A    975    Aleksey Tovarnov  RUS  78.43       
22    11    B    678    Yukifumi Murakami  JPN  77.75       
23    12    B    293    Qinggang Zhao  CHN  77.61       
24    13    B    531    Lars Hamann  GER  77.10       
25    12    A    861    Marcin Krukowski  POL  76.93       
26    13    A    938    Valeriy Iordan  RUS  76.92       
27    14    A    139    Hamish Peacock  AUS  76.33       
28    14    B    859    Lukasz Grzeszczuk  POL  74.72       
29    15    B    1033    Gabriel Wallin  SWE  74.66       
30    15    A    540    Thomas Röhler  GER  74.45       
31    16    B    921    John Robert Oosthuizen  RSA  74.36       
32    16    A    191    Uladzimir Kazlou  BLR  72.66       
33    17    B    433    Leslie Copeland  FIJ  72.30       

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Unfortunately Keshorn Walcott's throw of 78.78 was not the automatic qualifying distance nor was it good enough to place him in the top 12.
Maybe Keshorn has not yet recovered fully from his ankle injury but hopefully he can throw more consistently for the rest of this season and next season sparing any major injuries.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:42:25 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting stat..

Why?!  ???

You have a point.
If that's the case then Cedenio can be given his opportunity just like Jamaica has given their pervious 400m junior champ who is basically the same age as Cedenio his opportunity at senior level.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting stat..

Why?!  ???

You read my mind. Lalonde Maybe the faster 400m flat runner. But the run today and the 2 rounds of the deuce will leave him gassed for the 4x4 final.

Exactly.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I dont know. Cedenio has only broke 46 once or twice this year.. I think Jehue has never broken 46. After watching Jehue run .. I am willing to bet he can break 46 now..

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Javon Francis is head and shoulders above Cedeno @ Socapro

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I dont know. Cedenio has only broke 46 once or twice this year.. I think Jehue has never broken 46. After watching Jehue run .. I am willing to bet he can break 46 now..
Don't you think Jehue will be emotionally drained now?
I say it is better for the long term to give Cedenio his break at senior level just like the Jamaicans have done with his counterpart unless he is not looking like one of our top four 400m sprinters in training well then that will be different.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not too sure about that, how many times has Javon beaten Cedenio in the individual 400m event?
Have you got the stats for when they have clashed?

We need to stop petting our young prospective future top 400m sprinter, time to throw him in at the deep end to see if he is ready to transit to senior level like Javon has.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:00:44 PM by Socapro »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Congrats Jehue!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I say it is better for the long term to give Cedenio his break at senior level just like the Jamaicans have done with his counterpart unless he is not looking like one of our top four 400m sprinters in training well then that will be different.

I dont know Socapro.. All I know is that Lalonde has run 1 race today and will run at least 2 races tomorrow. Jehue will be fully rested. He is riding a wave of good form. Dont be surprised if they replaces one Gordon with another.

I would use Cedenio if we never had a 400mh gold medallist..

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I dont know Socapro.. All I know is that Lalonde has run 1 race today and will run at least 2 races tomorrow. Jehue will be fully rested. He is riding a wave of good form. Dont be surprised if they replaces one Gordon with another.

I would use Cedenio if we never had a 400mh gold medallist..
I see your point about riding a wave and being rested regards Jehue!
I guess the coaching staff/management is in the best position to make the best decision for the team to maximising our chances of medalling. I believe we will be fighting with Jamaica and GB for the silver and bronze and I would have loved to see Cedenio clash Javon on whatever leg that Javon is given to run.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:12:33 PM by Socapro »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tough luck Walcott

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beware Jehue.. the PP awaits.. Stay clear of them!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beware Jehue.. the PP awaits.. Stay clear of them!!!!
Yeap! They held on to Keshorn and distracted him from his training program so hopefully Jehue will learn from where Keshorn and his management errored.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here is link for 14th IAAF World Championships Thursday Timetable:
http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/timetable/byday#day6

For those who missed the World’s athletics action this Thursday 15th August you can click the two links below for full real time replay of both the morning and evening sessions in Moscow.

Athletics: World Championships - 2013 - Day 6, Part 1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b038lfph/Athletics_World_Championships_2013_Day_6_Part_1/

Rising British female runners Jessica Judd and Jodie Williams make their World Championship bows at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.

Judd won on her senior international debut earlier this summer and then dipped below the two-minute benchmark of top-class 800m runners to earn her maiden Diamond League victory in Birmingham. She is joined in the heats by British champion Marilyn Okoro and Laura Muir.

Much-vaunted teenage sprinter Williams begins her campaign in the 200m, in which she recently became European Under-23 champion. Anyika Onuora also competes for Great Britain.

It's a busy morning in the field too, with qualifying rounds taking place in the men's javelin and shot put and women's high jump.

Jonathan Edwards introduces the action, with expert analysis from Michael Johnson, Denise Lewis and Colin Jackson. The commentators are Steve Cram, Andrew Cotter, Paul Dickenson and Brendan Foster.

Athletics: World Championships - 2013 - Day 6, Part 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b038lh0j/Athletics_World_Championships_2013_Day_6_Part_2/

Men's 4x400m Relay Heats are featured from 25:00 on the BBC iPlayer.
Women's 200m Semi-Finals are featured from 1:08:00 on the BBC iPlayer.
Jehue's 400m Hurdles Final gold medal performance is featured from 2:22:45 on the BBC iPlayer.

Gabby Logan introduces live coverage of the evening session from Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium as six more world titles are decided.

Great Britain will expect to have medal ambitions in several of the finals, including the men's 400m hurdles in which Dai Greene is defending world champion. Perri Shakes Drayton has been in good form this summer in the women's 400m hurdles, while 1,500m runner Hannah England and high jumper Robbie Grabarz are vying to repeat their medal-winning exploits of recent major championships.

Paula Radcliffe, Michael Johnson, Denise Lewis and Colin Jackson provide the analysis, while Steve Cram leads the commentary team.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:02:31 PM by Socapro »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah, thanks for answering.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Had to take een The Fearless One's commentary on radio for this.  I swear when Andre get excited he does talk in tongues.....for about 5 seconds as the race winding down Andre say some stuff that wasn't English so I couldn't figure out what de arse Jehue was doing.....then he finally was able to get out in a semi-coherent fashion that Jehue took de gold....

Whoo hoo!! 

p.s. Jehue....stay away from de Pee Pee.....doh goh on no truck and hand out mugs for hours on end....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not too sure about that, how many times has Javon beaten Cedenio in the individual 400m event?

We need to stop petting our young prospective future top 400m sprinter, time to throw him in at the deep end to see if he is ready to transit to senior level like Javon has.
Not going by that, but by the fact that Francis has graduated to big boy times over the past few months. Cedenio's times put him 5+ metres behind Francis at the moment.

The final when plent is at stake is not the time to be experimenting with a yute. Heats was the time for that. Big man time now!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Had to take een The Fearless One's commentary on radio for this.  I swear when Andre get excited he does talk in tongues.....for about 5 seconds as the race winding down Andre say some stuff that wasn't English so I couldn't figure out what de arse Jehue was doing.....then he finally was able to get out in a semi-coherent fashion that Jehue took de gold....

Whoo hoo!! 

p.s. Jehue....stay away from de Pee Pee.....doh goh on no truck and hand out mugs for hours on end....
Hear Hear!!
Those blood suckers may blight Jehue if he allows them to like they did to Keshorn who is still trying to recover from their claws! >:(

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Not going by that, but by the fact that Francis has graduated to big boy times over the past few months. Cedenio's times put him 5+ metres behind Francis at the moment.

The final when plent is at stake is not the time to be experimenting with a yute. Heats was the time for that. Big man time now!
I am sure the team management will do what is best for the fastest team performance and us at least competing for silver or bronze unless the Americans mess up.

See my reply #169 above to gawd on pitch.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:12:19 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah, thanks for answering.
Sorry only just noticed your question but it was posted by you long after the Men's 4x400m relay heats had been run.

You can check link no.2 in post #173 above if you wish to review today's Men's 4x400m relay Heats and the full evening session.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:24:14 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>