March 29, 2024, 05:54:03 AM

Author Topic: 2013 World Track & Field Championships in Moscow (Sat 10th to Sun 18th Aug)  (Read 52202 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to Jehue
Much more relaxed running style than previous years is paying off. Anyone know if he is still based in T&T or now in the US?

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
BORN TO DO IT

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Congrats to Jehue
Much more relaxed running style than previous years is paying off. Anyone know if he is still based in T&T or now in the US?

He is studying in UWI Trinidad
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
World Champion ! Yes I happy.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Congrats to Jehue

Hopefully we can do with our locally based hurdlers what the Jamaicans have done with their sprinters.
Training aboard should not always be the best option if we can maximise what we have at home and be serious and professional about developing our local based athletes in balance with with a good education to give them something to fall back on after they retire.

The gamble of keeping Jehue based at home took a little while but is finally paying off.
I believe Jehue competing regularly on the DL circuit this summer against other world class hurdlers has also help his preparation to move him to where he is right now. He now understands what it takes to regularly beat these other top guys.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:20:33 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
You will hear this "we could do it from here" a lot now that Jehue has done it. It is unlikely. Jehue is managed by Emanuel Hudson of HSI, he now works with Michael Johnson's facility in Dallas as well. His coach has a PhD.

To use him as an example of all this homegrown talent that will emerge is not accurate. I would love for it to be so, but under which coaches? With what system? With what backing?

Can it be done? Yes, but the system has to improve markedly.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:34:10 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You will hear this "we could do it from here" a lot now that Jehue has done it. It is unlikely. Jehue is managed by Emanuel Hudson of HSI, he now works with Michael Johnson's facility in Dallas as well. His coach has a PhD.

To use him as an example of all this homegrown talent that will emerge is not accurate. I would love for it to be so, but under which coaches? With what system? With what backing?

Good talk Ato, I overlooked all that outside help that Jehue has been getting of recent.
Thanks for correcting me on that point.  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! What ah performance ! Strength and Determination brought you success.

World Champion.

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :whew: :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:42:14 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to Jehue

Yes he is a world champion and also a university student..
The fireworks are now starting. Jehue has finished University, so now he can put more attention towards competing..

Beware Jehue.. the PP cometh.. Dont be taken in  by their gifts and promises..

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Athletics: World Championships - 2013 - Day 6, Part 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b038lh0j/Athletics_World_Championships_2013_Day_6_Part_2/

Men's 4x400m Relay Heats are featured from 25:00 on the BBC iPlayer.
Women's 200m Semi-Finals are featured from 1:08:00 on the BBC iPlayer.
Jehue's 400m Hurdles Final gold medal performance is featured from 2:22:45 on the BBC iPlayer.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Give Kerron Clement the wipes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:40:01 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to the young trinbagonian. you did a nation very proud.

btw NOT everything have to be political. no wonder this forum is eroding away.

young man take all you can get, just don't try to suckle too long and loose focus.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to the young trinbagonian. you did a nation very proud.

btw NOT everything have to be political. no wonder this forum is eroding away.

young man take all you can get, just don't try to suckle too long and loose focus.

Sports and politics usually overlap. Its sometimes hard to separate the two.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NH6j7K2aaVQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NH6j7K2aaVQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPaAZRro4VQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TPaAZRro4VQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OP03SzQc_ow" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OP03SzQc_ow</a>

for those in Canada
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:30:44 PM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jehue indicated on twitter that he may have to run in tomorrows relay..

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NH6j7K2aaVQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NH6j7K2aaVQ</a>
I can't believe that guy is supposed to be the most popular sports commentator on radio in T&T.
You can't make out a word that he is saying when he gets over excited, Lord help us!  :banginghead:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:40:55 PM by Socapro »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Good talk Ato, I overlooked all that outside help that Jehue has been getting of recent.

whoa horsie ....... Jehue gordon had had the same coach since he was 12 ...his coach is Ian " doc " Hypolite ( head of St anns facility and a very underated coach )   jehue has visited the michael johnson facility but trains in trinidad ...st mary's ground and the national stadium under coaches hypolite and Ed skinner. he runs for memphis pioneers and has never changed clubs since 12 ...the people he credited with his success are like his close family ...mothers aunties, uncles  etc. Michael johnson  came to T&T only recently and sure there are things you can learn from his approach but jehue gordon will be the first to tell you ...it is the management team of doc and skinner that has brought him thus far .......he is also, like Ato, world junior and senior champion > he has one more year in UWI to graduate and is not managed by emmanuel anybody.
This is a home grown talent ...it can be done ..it will be done again !!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPaAZRro4VQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TPaAZRro4VQ</a>
Yeah, big interview from Jehue!!
Like the young champ said, it's all about believing in yourself and your coach and localising the effort as much as you can to show folks that we can do it from home as well!
The Jamaicans have done it and we can do it too but our NAAA and Ministry of Sports and Government need to get serious.
Engaging more of our talented youths in sports can deter many of them from a life of crime and give them a career that can also help put T&T on the world map.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:53:53 PM by Socapro »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah, big interview from Jehue!!
Like the young champ said, it's all about believing in yourself and your coach and localising the effort as much as you can to show folks that we can do it from home as well!
The Jamaicans have done it and we can do it too but our NAAA and Ministry of Sports and Government need to get serious. Engaging more of our talented youths in sports can deter many of our talented youths from a life of crime.

I am glad you posted this so everyone can hear him say who was responsible for his success.... it can be done ..it was done ...it can be done again. believe it folks ...the world will come to see just what the coaches of the carifta record holder in both the 110 metre and 400 metres hurdles , the world junior and now senior champion is doing ( he has the carifta record in an event he has given up !! ) it explains his strong 100 metres finish today ...he runs with emmanuel callender in training over the short sprints .
How many have gone abroad with much promise and disappointed ? Doc is as qualified in athletics coaching ans is well respected in world ath;etics circles ...yeah some might say ...one shot wonder ....but look at the facts ..

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

whoa horsie ....... Jehue gordon had had the same coach since he was 12 ...his coach is Ian " doc " Hypolite ( head of St anns facility and a very underated coach )   jehue has visited the michael johnson facility but trains in trinidad ...st mary's ground and the national stadium under coaches hypolite and Ed skinner. he runs for memphis pioneers and has never changed clubs since 12 ...the people he credited with his success are like his close family ...mothers aunties, uncles  etc. Michael johnson  came to T&T only recently and sure there are things you can learn from his approach but jehue gordon will be the first to tell you ...it is the management team of doc and skinner that has brought him thus far .......he is also, like Ato, world junior and senior champion > he has one more year in UWI to graduate and is not managed by emmanuel anybody.
Yes Jehue is home grown talent but notice how Jehue was a bit stagnated since the 2009 World Champs up until Olympics last year and this year he suddenly started improving again after getting some outside help?

Nothing was wrong with Jehue getting a little outside help especially as he had stagnated in his progression for a number of years.

Lets wish him all the best for many more major titles in the future and that he continues his current improvement. This couldn’t happen to a nicer and more deserving athlete!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:12:12 PM by Socapro »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

ANOTHER HERO ... with many more joyous occasions ahead.

PROUD TO BE TRINI.

BUT HOW COME RUSSIA ENT GET DISQUALIFIED IN THE 4X4 ?
  They jump in Bahamas lane in the first changeover.  ??? ??? ??? :cursing: :cursing: :bs: :bs:
Bahamas would have needed to lodge a protest but guess they didn’t because even if they were moved up one position due to Russia being disqualified their time was still not quick enough to give them a spot as one of the fastest losers.
Really it’s their last leg man who let them down badly as they had no right not to hold on to one of the two automatic qualifying spots after leading the relay into the home straight. That guy who ran the last leg for the Bahamas needs to look in the mirror.

So Germany could not lodge the complaint ?

And should not the track officials just disqualify them without a complaint being lodged like how they do when man run on the curb or on the line ?

It look like hometown thiefing to me.. and I personally don't like the russians
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

ANOTHER HERO ... with many more joyous occasions ahead.

PROUD TO BE TRINI.

BUT HOW COME RUSSIA ENT GET DISQUALIFIED IN THE 4X4 ?
  They jump in Bahamas lane in the first changeover.  ??? ??? ??? :cursing: :cursing: :bs: :bs:
Bahamas would have needed to lodge a protest but guess they didn’t because even if they were moved up one position due to Russia being disqualified their time was still not quick enough to give them a spot as one of the fastest losers.
Really it’s their last leg man who let them down badly as they had no right not to hold on to one of the two automatic qualifying spots after leading the relay into the home straight. That guy who ran the last leg for the Bahamas needs to look in the mirror.

So Germany could not lodge the complaint ?

And should not the track officials just disqualify them without a complaint being lodged like how they do when man run on the curb or on the line ?

It look like hometown thiefing to me.. and I personally don't like the russians
I guess a Russian team in the Men's 4x400m relay final means more tickets will sell for the final tomorrow!  :devil:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yes Jehue is home grown talent but notice how Jehue was a bit stagnated since the 2009 World Champs up until Olympics last year and this year he suddenly started improving again after getting some outside help?

Nothing was wrong with Jehue getting a little outside help especially as he had stagnated in his progression for a number of years.

Lets wish him all the best for many more major titles in the future and that he continues his current improvement. This couldn’t happen to a nicer and more deserving athlete!  :beermug:

No sar ...few may know he has struggled with his heel for a long time and finally got it operated on ...what you saw was an athlete recovering slowly from an operation on a very delicate body part for a runner ... He has now won the junior and senior titles all in the time between the 2009 world champs and now ...stagnated you say ? doh let de wrong people take credit ... and yes he is a very deserving young man ..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Thank You for telling it as it is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

No sar ...few may know he has struggled with his heel for a long time and finally got it operated on ...what you saw was an athlete recovering slowly from an operation on a very delicate body part for a runner ... He has now won the junior and senior titles all in the time between the 2009 world champs and now ...stagnated you say ? doh let de wrong people take credit ... and yes he is a very deserving young man ..
Yes Jehue had stagnated in his progress for a number of years and anyone who was monitoring his PB time between 2009 and last year's Olympics would have observed that. Up until Olympics last year his PB was the same as the time he ran as a 17 year old at the 2009 World Champs.

If he had an injury between 2009 and 2012 that stopped any improvement then so be it but it still remains a fact that there was no improvement between 2009 and 2012 and he never fulfilled his medal winning potential at a major champs until this year. That's 4 years it took him but patience paid off.

Whatever Jehue and his team have been doing this year I hope they continue doing it and he continues his improvement.

Jehue seems to believe he can improve enough to attempt to break Kevin Young's world record in the coming years so I wish him all the best in health and luck (no injuries) so that he can eventually get there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:11:53 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2013 IAAF World Championships women 200m dash opening heats 1-5
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ObZlf2mMdVw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ObZlf2mMdVw</a>

2013 IAAF World Championships women 200m dash opening heats 6-7
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EAoh7iqK6A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9EAoh7iqK6A</a>

August 15, 2013 The 14th IAAF World track and field championships in Moscow, Russia; Athletics women's 200 meter dash opening round heats. The top 3 finishers in each heat advance along with the next 3 fastest times.

Heat 1
Kimberlyn DUNCAN
Ana Claudia SILVA
Johanna DANOIS

Hanna-Maari LATVALA
Moa HJELMER
Gloria HOOPER
Janet AMPONSAH

Heat 2
Blessing OKAGBARE
ChaRonda WILLIAMS
Kimberly HYACINTHE

Viktoriya ZYABKINA
Kineke ALEXANDER
Ángela TENORIO
Marika POPOWICZ

Heat 3
Shaunae MILLER
Patricia HALL
Crystal EMMANUEL

Andreea OGRAZEANU
Maria BELIMPASAKI
Isidora JIMÉNEZ
Yelena RYABOVA
Afa ISMAIL

Heat 4
Shelly-Ann FRASER-PRYCE
Elyzaveta BRYZGINA
Franciela KRASUCKI

Kai SELVON
Melissa BREEN
Justine PALFRAMAN
Chisato f**kUSHIMA

Heat 5
Anthonique STRACHAN
Mariya RYEMYEN
Anyika ONUORA

Lenora GUION-FIRMIN
Eleni ARTYMATA
Olga BLUDOVA
Toea WISIL

Heat 6
Allyson FELIX
Anneisha MCLAUGHLIN
Myriam SOUMARÉ

Elizaveta SAVLINIS
Jodie WILLIAMS
Nivea SMITH
Danah HUSSEIN

Heat 7
Murielle AHOURE
Jeneba TARMOH
Ivet LALOVA

Khrystyna STUY
Mariely SÁNCHEZ
Karene KING
Mujinga KAMBUNDJI
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:05:35 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2013 IAAF World Championships women 200m dash semi-finals (all 3 heats)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6N7RbMuQ410" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6N7RbMuQ410</a>

August 15, 2013 The 14th IAAF World track and field championships in Moscow, Russia; Athletics women's 200 meter dash semifinals heats 1-3. The top 2 finishers in each heat advance along with the next 2 fastest times.

Heat 1
1. Murielle AHOURE (Ivory Coast) - 22.46 -Q
2. Shaunae MILLER (BAH) - 22.64 - Q
3. Jeneba TARMOH (USA) 22.70 - q

4. Ivet LALOVA (BUL) - 22.81
5. Elyzaveta BRYZGINA (UKR) - 22.87
6. Johanna DANOIS (FRA) 23.15
7. Maria BELIMPASAKI (Greece) - 23.46
8. Anneisha MCLAUGHLIN (JAM) - 27.13

Heat 2:
1. Allyson FELIX (USA) - 22.30 - Q
2. Blessing OKAGBARE (Nigeria) - 22.39 - Q

3. Kimberlyn DUNCAN (USA) - 22.91
4. Khrystyna STUY (UKR) - 22.98
5. Mariely SÁNCHEZ (DOM) - 23.05
6. Lenora GUION-FIRMIN (FRA) - 23.11
7. Kai SELVON (TRI) - 23.21
8. Patricia HALL (JAM) - 23.26

Heat 3
1. Shelly-Ann FRASER-PRYCE (JAM) - 22.54 - Q
2. Mariya RYEMYEN (UKR) - 22.70 - Q
3. ChaRonda WILLIAMS (USA) - 22.80 - q

4. Anthonique STRACHAN (BAH) - 22.81
5. Myriam SOUMARÉ (FRA) - 22.85
6. Kimberly HYACINTHE (CAN) - 23.12
7. Jodie WILLIAMS (GBR) - 23.21
8. Hanna-Maari LATVALA (FIN) - 23.21

Shaunae Miller welcomes spot in 200m final at Worlds
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HRGgBG2QU2c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HRGgBG2QU2c</a>

Kai Selvon of Trinidad & Tobago happy with Moscow experience
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/46D62X_q-TI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/46D62X_q-TI</a>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:31:24 AM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>