April 27, 2024, 10:58:00 AM

Author Topic: 2013 World Track & Field Championships in Moscow (Sat 10th to Sun 18th Aug)  (Read 52826 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men made it in.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Women are out. Ger won their appeal

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great going T&T ladies - just made it to the finals in the 4x100m relay with 43.01.
We're still in it, do your best in the final!!

If one of the DQed teams win there appeal then we would be out. hope that does not happen.

Germany reinstated, we're out of the women's final.
Men confirmed in their final

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Women are out. Ger won their appeal
We missed the speed of Kelly-Ann & Hackett!  :(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Looks like our 4x100m Men got the worst possible lane to run in the Final, lane 1.  :(

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/results/men/4x100-metres-relay/final/startlist#resultheader

In theory if all teams run their PBs then T&T can win a bronze medal.

Jamaica PB - 36.84
USA PB - 37.04
T&T PB - 37.62

Question is can we run our PB in lane 1 and are the guys individually as fast as our squad when we ran our PB of 37.62 some years ago?

Wishing our guys luck and a good run as they can only do their very best!
Very smooth exchanges will be required for us to medal especially from lane 1.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:00:28 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hard luck there for the girls. KAB and Hackett are indeed missed.

Them fellas have to step it up. Richard continues to take the stick poorly on his leg. One would be think after 5 years it would look better. SMDH.

The bronze is there for the taking, come on fellas!!!
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hard luck there for the girls. KAB and Hackett are indeed missed.

Them fellas have to step it up. Richard continues to take the stick poorly on his leg. One would be think after 5 years it would look better. SMDH.

The bronze is there for the taking, come on fellas!!!
Will be very hard from lane one but if we can run near our PB of 37.62 then anything is possible.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The form of the individual members are not remotely near to what they were in 2009, so the NR will not be breached. However if we could summon a 37.9x run, we will be in the hunt.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If we had KAB and SH we would have had silverrrrrr. Damn

Sorry but I dont see us getting anything close to the NR. Hate to say it, but GBR or JAP might...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If we had KAB and SH we would have had silverrrrrr. Damn

Sorry but I dont see us getting anything close to the NR. Hate to say it, but GBR or JAP might...

agreed.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Last place.. Oh gawd. Horrible exchanges. HORRIBLE.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think the KAB and SH fiasco set the tone for the team. Horrible championships.. With the exception of Jehue.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dead last. end of our great run of medals in men 4x100m relay in major championships.
I believe our near future medal contenders will be JG , KW, KAB ,women 4x100m and men 4x400m.
men sprinting has to do some rebuilding after more than 10years of good results.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dead last. end of our great run of medals in men 4x100m relay in major championships.
I believe our near future medal contenders will be JG , KW, KAB ,women 4x100m and men 4x400m.
men sprinting has to do some rebuilding after more than 10years of good results.

Yes.

The era of Burns, Brown, Bledman, Callendar, Thompson have come to an end. It was a good ride.
Btw.. who is KW?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wow the man had a bad year and already you forget about our gold medalist Keshorn Walcott. Shame on you G.O.P.  ;D

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sorry to say but unless KAB can clear her name as a drugs cheat we have to cross her name off the list of future medal contenders.
In fact add both KAB and Hackett to that clearing their names requirement regards to our women's 4x100m relay team also being future medal contenders.

We have a lot of building and rebuilding to do in the sprints and that will start with all our top 100m sprinters doing more 200m and improving on their speed endurance.

My biggest disappointment of this champs was Lalonde Gordon's being run on the 2nd leg of our men's 4x400m relay in the Final after his dismal performance in the 200m semis.

Big up to Jehue who saved our team some face for these championships.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:16:12 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wow the man had a bad year and already you forget about our gold medalist Keshorn Walcott. Shame on you G.O.P.  ;D

My bad. How can I forget. Yes. Its just a matter of time for Keshorn to get his groove back.. Jehue went through that phase.. Now look at him  :)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sorry to say but unless KAB can clear her name as a drugs cheat we have to cross her name off the list of future medal contenders.
In fact add both KAB and Hackett to that clearing their names requirement regards to our women's 4x100m relay team also being future medal contenders.

We have a lot of building and rebuilding to do in the sprints and that will start with all our top 100m sprinters doing more 200m and improving on their speed endurance.

My biggest disappointment of this champs was Lalonde Gordon's being run on the 2nd leg of our men's 4x400m relay in the Final after his dismal performance in the 200m semis.

Big up to Jehue who saved our team some face for these championships.

I think KAB will be back. She is only 26.. VCB, Asafa, Gay and Simpson are all in their 30s.. So if everyone receives a two year ban.. I might be the last of them.. Just saying.

Semoy on the other hand.. Might be up for a longer ban as this is her 2nd offence. If she gets a 4 year ban, I dont see her coming back into it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:15:31 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yes.

The era of Burns, Brown, Bledman, Callendar, Thompson have come to an end. It was a good ride.
Btw.. who is KW?
What do you mean by who is KW? Yuh write off the rest of Keshorn Walcott's career already?!  ???

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I do think Beijing 2015 or even Rio may in fact be our last hoorah

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I included KAB on my list because I am holding out hope that she would not get a long suspension.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I included KAB on my list because I am holding out hope that she would not get a long suspension.

I think she will get a 6 months.. She has a good character. Plus her making the trip to Moscow and being pulled from the event days before.. Serves as enough punishment.

The other athletes from Asafa to VCB all knew that they will not be attending Moscow well before.. KAB made the journey to Moscow.. So that makes it even worst
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:18:31 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In the men relay final U.S.A last exchange ended up in Jam lane, why were they not DQed?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In the men relay final U.S.A last exchange ended up in Jam lane, why were they not DQed?

Yes. Thats right

Russia could have also gotten DQed in the 4x400.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It looks like our relay teams need as much classroom preparation as on the track.

Our coaches need to do a better job of helping the relay participants understand their roles, understand the seriousness of their task, have them watch some film of the best in the world vs. our own performance to understand the gaps, then put corrective actions into practice over and over and over again on the track.

Even with the current talent affected by suspensions and injuries we should not have placed so badly in both the men's finals or not qualified for the women's 4x100m finals. Makes me wonder what the teams were doing in camp in Finland in terms of drills, tactics, team selections, etc.

So often we are left wringing hands at the end of championships thinking of what might have been. To be honest it is just mentally exhausting as a fan, and most likely even more anguishing as an athlete. Time for us to buck up.

With just Jehue reaching his goal I am afraid the cycle would continue - shower all the adulation on him and forget the rest (including an injured Keshorn), continue to gloss over poor team administration by focusing on the one victory, forget to task/educate the private sector about providing support in ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT not just accomplishment, and ultimately settling for "middling" team success.

I am thinking/hoping that Jehue, his parents, coaches, and agent will have enough common sense to draw the line between accepting his just rewards when he returns home, and becoming a pawn of political expediency. He is university-educated and from observation a level-headed young man who expresses himself intelligently. I look forward to him using his current platform to help improve things in the sport.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:21:42 AM by STMB »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who ran the women 4x100 for us? just missing the final without our 1and 2 runners was not bad. And which youngsters do you guys think can step up in time for 2015/2016 for both our men's and women's teams?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just heard that GBR got disqualified for exchanging out of zone on their 2nd exchange in the Men's 4x100m Relay Final.

Also USA's Gatlin seems to have stepped out of lane on their last exchange but may only get DQed if Germany lodges a protest.

For now Canada has moved up to Bronze.

Link to Men's 4x100m Relay Final current official results: http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/results/men/4x100-metres-relay/final/result#resultheader
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:26:57 AM by Socapro »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just heard that GBR got disqualified for exchanging out of zone on their 2nd exchange in the Men's 4x100m Relay Final.

Also USA's Gatlin seems to have stepped out of lane on their last exchange but may only get DQed if Germany lodges a protest.

Link to Men's 4x100m Relay Final current official results: http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/results/men/4x100-metres-relay/final/result#resultheader

With all these possible DQs maybe we could move from 8th to 3rd.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:32:34 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

With all these possible DQs maybe we could move from 8th to 3rd.  ;D
If only we made a better exchange on the first to 2nd leg involving Bledman we could have placed maybe 5th which could lead to a possible Bronze if both USA and GBR get DQed.
However with us placing last a protest by our team is pointless!  :(
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:36:08 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The issue with TT is consistency. We have had numerous medal winners in the past 5 years.
2008 Thompson 100m
2009 Quow 400m
2009 Lucas 400mh
2011 KAB 100m
2012 Gordon 400m
2012 Walcott Javelin
2013 Gordon 400mh

These people are all in different events. Imagine if these athletes medalled all the time, like the Jamaican and the US medal contenders..

If you factor in the relays, we can easily win about 6-8 medals at an Olympics or World champs. Jamaica and US always gets close to their medal projections.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:46:31 AM by gawd on pitch »

1]; } ?>