March 28, 2024, 04:50:48 PM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 116084 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Dennis Lawrence was complicit as well, he needs to ride out
« Reply #570 on: December 19, 2019, 05:31:39 AM »
I doh know whether that ends Contro's misery or starts a new bout ...  :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think people forget the first person to suggest Hart as head coach was myself back in the early 2000s on the old board .... jus saying

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2019, 06:42:40 AM »
I doh know whether that ends Contro's misery or starts a new bout ...  :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think people forget the first person to suggest Hart as head coach was myself back in the early 2000s on the old board .... jus saying

I don't think anyone is capable of forgetting that.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 19, 2019, 07:02:26 AM »
Incompetence

You’re clueless...

Naive and easily fooled tbh

Nah, Contro. Incompetence was definitely a feature of the past directorate. That stated, no one is suggesting that it was their sole characteristic. They had a combustive cocktail of decision-making. Sabotage did occur, although there are differences of opinion as to the degree and nature of the sabotage.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:04:00 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 19, 2019, 07:20:07 AM »
Incompetence

You’re clueless...

I will wear that as a badge of honour, Leo Marvin
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:21:40 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2019, 03:44:24 PM »
Terry Fenwick will be the new National team Head Coach

So I hear anyway
You called it...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #575 on: December 19, 2019, 04:12:27 PM »
Incompetence

You’re clueless...

Nah, Contro. Incompetence was definitely a feature of the past directorate. That stated, no one is suggesting that it was their sole characteristic. They had a combustive cocktail of decision-making. Sabotage did occur, although there are differences of opinion as to the degree and nature of the sabotage.

I wish it were so seeker... but this is not the case...

The dictator has shown in the past that he can be an astute businessman and can be a consummate professional in football related matters

I liken this to the example of the summit of Americas when it was held in TT, the govt of TT shut down criminals without any incidents, yes it was a limited time, yes it was a special event but this could be done year round but they don’t

Crime and corruption is profitable, this is the same with football, which is a highly political sport, control and manipulation is also attached

Incompetence is letting corrupt individuals off the hook, when it goes much deeper than that

This was entirely sabotage as I have said...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 19, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
Incompetence

You’re clueless...

The dictator has shown in the past that he can be an astute businessman and can be a consummate professional in football related matters

I liken this to the example of the summit of Americas when it was held in TT, the govt of TT shut down criminals without any incidents, yes it was a limited time, yes it was a special event but this could be done year round but they don’t

Crime and corruption is profitable, this is the same with football, which is a highly political sport, control and manipulation is also attached

Incompetence is letting corrupt individuals off the hook, when it goes much deeper than that

I think you're giving de Man more credit for sophistication than he deserves. Not to relitigate the folly but running up one's mouth with the US embassy and verbally sparring with the chargé d'affaires is not the modus operandi of a sophisticated saboteur nor is it rooted in any beneficial calculus; it was misguided ignorance that was the fruit of incompetence. At least the predecessors had the good sense not to escalate to engaging the consular and diplomatic corps.

And don't forget the self-flagellation of W Conn not going to regional competition because of the faulty club  licensing compliance. For each act of purported sabotage there are ample parallels of garden variety screwups.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:32:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2019, 04:29:25 PM »
Hope we can turn a new leaf...2020 looking brighter already

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2019, 06:50:19 PM »
Incompetence

You’re clueless...

I think you're giving de Man more credit for sophistication than he deserves. Not to relitigate the folly but running up one's mouth with the US embassy and verbally sparring with the chargé d'affaires is not the modus operandi of a sophisticated saboteur nor is it rooted in any beneficial calculus; it was misguided ignorance that was the fruit of incompetence. At least the predecessors had the good sense not to escalate to engaging the consular and diplomatic corps.

And don't forget the self-flagellation of W Conn not going to regional competition because of the faulty club  licensing compliance. For each act of purported sabotage there are ample parallels of garden variety screwups.
did he intentionally set things in motion to  get rid of SH, yes, did he intend the failure of the qualification effort nah i doh tink, he used stupid calculus, to get his way and saw our qualification effort crash and burn, but I think he was hoping for a solid run with the games left, but by then too much progress had be lost, his machinations had already undermined the rhythm of the team too much.

Over dem years all I saw was ah bull in china shop.....with a blindfold, on d up side we learn dat i95 or elements within can be bought and cheaply too....and now we know all d judas' to be aware of over d next few years so watch d ride
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #579 on: February 07, 2020, 01:42:22 PM »
TTFA fails to honour Lawrence contract.
By Keith Clement (Guardian).

30 days dead­line missed with­out any com­mu­ni­ca­tion

T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TTFA), head­ed by pres­i­dent William Wal­lace, is now fac­ing its first ma­jor chal­lenge af­ter it has failed to ho­n­our its first of sev­er­al con­trac­tu­al agree­ments with se­nior men's na­tion­al coach Den­nis Lawrence.

A me­dia re­lease on De­cem­ber 15, 2019, from the TTFA stat­ed that: “The ser­vices of Lawrence as na­tion­al team coach were ter­mi­nat­ed with im­me­di­ate ef­fect fol­low­ing a ma­jor­i­ty de­ci­sion by the board."

The re­lease point­ed out that the TTFA had a nine-hour board meet­ing on Sat­ur­day 14 De­cem­ber at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um, Cou­va with its elect­ed of­fi­cers pres­i­dent Wal­lace, vice-pres­i­dents Clynt Tay­lor, Su­san War­rick and Joseph Sam Phillip and eight of 12 mem­ber del­e­gates from Cen­tral FA, East­ern FA, North­ern FA, South­ern FA, TT Pro League, TT Ref­er­ees As­so­ci­a­tion, TT Su­per League and Women’s League Foot­ball (WoLF) in­which sev­er­al de­ci­sions in­clud­ing that of coach Den­nis Lawrence were ar­rived at.

Guardian Me­dia Sports was re­li­ably in­formed by a source who is close to the sit­u­a­tion that Lawrence's con­tract has a clause that states that once he's ter­mi­nat­ed the TTFA had 30 work­ing days (Jan­u­ary 31, 2020) in which to ho­n­our all out­stand­ing con­trac­tu­al agree­ments and fur­ther, the con­tract makes pro­vi­sions for the TTFA to meet with the coach's agent, who is Eng­lish­man Mike Berry and pro­pose a set­tle­ment of­fer, how­ev­er, that was not done.

The re­lease from the TTFA al­so stat­ed that: “The TTFA pres­i­dent and Lawrence’s rep­re­sen­ta­tive(s) will meet to dis­cuss the terms of sep­a­ra­tion.”

How­ev­er, Guardian Me­dia Sports un­der­stand that the agent has not been con­tact­ed to date with an of­fer of a set­tle­ment and that Lawrence nev­er got an of­fi­cial cor­re­spon­dence from the TTFA un­til De­cem­ber 17, 2019.

Guardian Me­dia Sports was in­formed that un­der the terms of the con­trac­tu­al arrange­ments Law­er­ance can­not take le­gal ac­tion against the TTFA be­fore the mat­ter is ad­dressed through ar­bi­tra­tion and by FI­FA.

The source said that at present the TTFA does not have an ar­bi­tra­tion com­mit­tee for coach Lawrence to get im­me­di­ate re­dress which means he has to take the mat­ter di­rect­ly to FI­FA.

The source al­so point­ed out that Lawrence has a con­tract that runs un­til 2021 and the coach has not been paid for sev­er­al months.

The me­dia re­lease stat­ed: “Im­me­di­ate­ly fol­low­ing the de­ci­sion of the board, pres­i­dent Wal­lace con­tact­ed Lawrence via tele­phone to in­form him of the de­ci­sion and wished him well in his per­son­al and pro­fes­sion­al life, while al­so thank­ing him for his ser­vices to the men’s team.

Guardian Me­dia Sports ef­forts to con­tact Pres­i­dent Wal­lace by phone, text and whats app mes­sages but all proved fu­tile.

The source re­veals that the TTFA must be mind­ful of the fact that in 2016 the or­gan­i­sa­tion was threat­ened with FI­FA sanc­tions af­ter it did not ho­n­our its debt of US$210,000 to for­mer women’s na­tion­al se­nior and youth team coach Nor­we­gian Even Pellerud, who was fired back in 2010.

Even­tu­al­ly, the “So­ca War­riors” avoid­ed be­ing blanked from par­tic­i­pat­ing in the FI­FA 2022 World Cup when it paid off coach Pellerud in three tranch­es and FI­FA al­so ap­proved the or­gan­i­sa­tion's in­ter­nal au­dit and made fund­ing avail­able to the TTFA.

The 45-year-old Lawrence, who was ap­point­ed na­tion­al coach in Jan­u­ary 2017 was grilled on the na­tion­al se­nior team per­for­mance by a com­mit­tee led by Wal­lace, who be­came TTFA pres­i­dent on No­vem­ber 24. The com­mit­tee al­so com­prised Kei­th Look Loy, the chair­man of the tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee, An­tho­ny Har­ford and Aza­ad Khan.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA short on ‘Tallest’s’ $$
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

THE TT Football Association (TTFA) is working to resolve the unpaid debts to former men’s football team coach Dennis “Tallest” Lawrence, who was fired on December 14, 2019.

Lawrence was relieved of his duties after a poor run of form which saw TT struggle at both the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup and the Concacaf Nations League.

The TTFA, in a media release on December 15, mentioned, “The services of Lawrence were terminated with immediate effect following a majority decision by the board.

“Immediately following the decision of the board, (TTFA president William) Wallace contacted Lawrence via telephone to inform him of the decision and wished him well in his personal and professional life, while also thanking him for his services to the men’s team. The TTFA president and Lawrence’s representative(s) will meet to discuss the terms of separation.”

A newspaper report last week said Lawrence, who was owed salaries for a few months (under the tenure of then-TTFA president David John-Williams), was yet to be contacted with an offer of a settlement.

Wallace said on Monday, “We’re working on Dennis Lawrence. We’re trying to liaise with his attorney and we’re trying to find monies to pay him off. We’re in the process of hunting that down. I think that should be settled very soon.”

The TTFA has been dealing with several legal issues which have left the local governing body in a cash-strapped position.

In terms of finding the funds required to resolve the Lawrence issue, Wallace said the TTFA will have to seek sponsorship deals to boost its coffers.

Asked if that matter will be settled in a matter of weeks or months, the TTFA boss replied, “Just after Carnival we’ll address a range of things that we met when we got into office, and what we have done so far.”

Concerning the TT Under-20 women’s team, who will be engaged in a Concacaf Under-20 Women’s World Cup qualifiers in the Dominican Republic from February 22, Wallace said, “Everything is in place. They’re leaving (on Tuesday) for an 11-day camp and then they’ll play after that. The girls who are coming from North America will join them.”

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 06:14:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 07, 2020, 05:46:20 PM »
Join the line.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 08, 2020, 07:58:37 AM »
Has DL secured a new job? If he hasn't I wonder what stopping the job offers. hmm.. poor DL, he should have left the coaching position before he get fired. Now he finding it difficult to get a new coaching gig. Another career ruined DJW.

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 08, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »
If there was a legally binding agreement for compensation due to early contract termination then DL should be rightfully compensated. It would be sad to see the same lack of professionalism from this administration which was demonstrated with the last. This is pretty common for these type of events. Based on this development,  I remain a little skeptical of this new regime.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 08, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »
If there was a legally binding agreement for compensation due to early contract termination then DL should be rightfully compensated. It would be sad to see the same lack of professionalism from this administration which was demonstrated with the last. This is pretty common for these type of events. Based on this development,  I remain a little skeptical of this new regime.
You mean there was a particularly new regime in TT (or anywhere else for that matter)  there was never any skepticism about ? Please tell, which one was that ?   :devil:

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 08, 2020, 03:42:56 PM »
Point well taken LOL. I ran into that .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 30, 2020, 12:25:06 PM »
The World Cup was magic for Dennis Lawrence but so was Wrexham AFC's LDV Vans Trophy win
By Richard Williams (leaderlive.co.uk)

DENNIS LAWRENCE played on the biggest stage of all but winning the LDV Vans Trophy with Wrexham still ranks among his best achievements in football.

The former centre-back became a big fans' favourite during his five years at The Racecourse and it was a spell that was not without success.

Lawrence helped Wrexham win promotion to League One in 2002-3 and two seasons later he was in the Reds' side that beat Southend United 2-0 in the LDV Vans Trophy final at The Millennium Stadium.

During his time in north Wales, Lawrence became the first Wrexham player to play at a World Cup finals, starting all three of Trinidad and Tobago's games during the 2006 tournament in Germany.

Lawrence won 89 caps and is currently head coach of the national side but winning that cup competition with Wrexham, where he still has a house in the town, means a lot to the 45-year-old.

"The LDV Vans Trophy success will always be up there and rank amongst my best achievements in my football career," said Lawrence.

"Wrexham was the first football club I came to play for in the UK so it is a club that is very close to my heart, and it was a club I was desperate to see become a successful football club.

"The World Cup is the elite and will always remain the elite because you are amongst the world's best but what you achieve for your football club, you can't deny that was a very special occasion.

"It is one that will be memorable for me for the rest of my lifetime, and for Wrexham Football Club."

Wrexham's run to the final came amidst a turbulent League One campaign.

Off the field problems meant the club entered administration and the subsequent 10-point deduction was something that the Reds never recovered from on the pitch.

Relegation was confirmed soon after that memorable day in the capital and Lawrence admits the cup win was bittersweet.

"It was one of the most memorable days in my Wrexham career and one that Wrexham as a football club will never forget," said Lawrence.

"But at the end of it all, it was bitter-sweet because we all remember well that we won the LDV Vans Trophy but we were relegated the same season.

"People just look at it and see that you have been relegated and as a player, you have to accept the burden.

"But you can't take away from the fact that we won the cup.

"What happened with the LDV Vans Trophy was fantastic and something we will remember for the rest of our lives."

Nothing could separate Wrexham and Southend in 90 minutes so the final went to extra-time where Wrexham prevailed thanks to a goal in each half from prolific striker Juan Ugarte and captain Darren Ferguson.

"We went down two days before the game to prepare," said Lawrence. "It was a fantastic game against a good opponent because they won it the season before and we managed to get a victory.

"We had a group of players that always had belief in what we were doing.

"We had a good leader in Darren and Juan couldn't stop scoring goals.

"If you have got somebody that is putting the ball in the back of the net, normally it leads to successful things and Juan was doing that."

Although Ugarte and Ferguson got the plaudits for scoring the goals, Ben Foster produced a man-of-the-match performance which did not go un-noticed.

Sir Alex Ferguson - son of the Reds' captain - was at the stadium to see Foster, on loan from Stoke, produce a string of fine saves and he signed for Manchester United at the end of the season.

"Ben was absolutely magnificent on the day and kept us in the game on many occasions," added Lawrence.

"You need people to perform in big occasions and we managed to have the players who performed on the day.

"You talk about quality players and Ben has had a good career playing in the Premier League.

"We had players that had the quality to do magical things on the said day."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #586 on: December 24, 2020, 03:55:59 AM »
Lawrence lashes frustrated Hadad for communication breakdown
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

UNDER FIRE

THE hot seat on which businessman Robert Hadad sits is becoming even hotter, with former national coach Dennis Lawrence among the latest chiding the local businessman for a lack of communication with TTFA creditors.

Lawrence is owed millions by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association after being fired in December 2019 by former TTFA president William Wallace, who Hadad replaced when world football’s world governing body FIFA installed its own normalisation committee, and gave it a mandate to bring the football association back on a firm financial footing.

“Show some respect,” demanded Lawrence, the former UK-based former Everton Football Club development coach. “The lack of communication from Mr Hadad has been nothing short of disrespectful at this time.”

Lawrence also told the Express: “He has ignored letters from lawyers from people (who) have judgments against the TTFA and who can on any day begin wind-up proceedings against the TTFA. Mr Hadad’s attitude towards creditors of the TTFA and former national coaches like myself, Anton Corneal and Stephen Hart has been nothing short of disrespectful.”

Saddled with the heavy burden of righting an almost insolvent TTFA) which had debts of near $70 million-plus when he took charge, Hadad confessed that he did not need the aggravation of dealing with TTFA issues in his life.

“Apparently I can do nothing right,” Hadad relayed to the Express yesterday, a tone of frustration weighing heavily in his voice after having been rebuked in some quarters, even when trying to bring some Christmas cheer to TTFA staff by paying outstanding salaries.

“What are all these scathing attacks about?” Hadad asked.

Yesterday, Wayne Sheppard of the football coaches standing committee and Under-17 boys coach Angus Eve, both reported initially that coaches attached to national teams had reported not being paid outstanding salaries promised by Hadad up to the time banks closed on Tuesday. However, Sheppard later confirmed that a portion of the coaches’ salaries had reached the bank.

Sheppard lamented that the National Coaches Steering Committee had received no official communication as to the status of their outstanding salaries, except what was reported in the newspapers. Many coaches were owed money up to August when their contracts ended. However, Sheppard said that their only source of information was an informal communication between Hadad’s assistant Amiel Mohammed and a single coach.

While the salary situation was still uncertain, Hadad assured the Express that money had indeed been sent to the banks.

“The admin staff has been paid for the year up to November. The players have been paid off, and the debt owing to the coach has been paid up to half (50 per cent) up to the end of August. We have to find the money to pay the balance.”

Hadad also reported that he would have to find other means to settle historic debt and other issues such as Lawrence’s.

Hadad’s explanation was: “Dennis Lawrence, Anton Corneal, Russell Latapy and all these guys, the money which FIFA gives us for the year cannot be used to pay these debts. So, I have to find other arrangements. I have to figure out, with FIFA, where that money is coming from. It cannot come from current money we get from FIFA.”

Lawrence believes that the solution, while difficult, can be made less complicated by arbitration rather that litigation.

“No one is saying that we expect the TTFA to pay us every cent that is owed to us today. But at least have the respect to speak with us, the people who have served the country and given everything for the sport,” Lawrence stated.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 24, 2020, 05:52:32 AM »
It is a bit of a slippery slope when players who have been paid are used as part of the NC/TTFA's messaging machinery or zealous reporters to say 'Chairman Hadad is a boss', ' a man of his word', 'has been in touch from Day 1' etc. ... because what happens next is that commentary of that sort provokes the comments of those with a different experience.

Predictable because each person owed has a distinct circumstance. So instead of the regular cycle of unfavorable publicity taking a backseat in the public domain, the net result is that the favorable narrative gets neutralized by the unfavorable narrative. Also, there is the provocative issue of a creditor being paid in an order that is perceived by other creditors as "out of order" ... something that's the fruit of the varying circumstances that distinguish one creditor from another (expedience, the amount involved, whether the amount owed is in dispute, the source of payment etc.) ...

Hadad seems not to have fully come to terms with the reality that he's holding a poisoned chalice but he should be able to control how much poison is in the chalice moment to moment.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 05:57:41 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2021, 05:24:39 AM »
‘Disgrace to a national hero!’ Hadad blasted for allegedly paying Avec before Lawrence’s USA win bonus.
Wired868.com.

“[…] Fifa-appointed normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad has been notified on numerous occasions [about the unpaid bonus to head coach Dennis Lawrence for Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup qualifying win over the United States on 11 October 2017] but has done NOTHING about it!

“His lack of respect, empathy and concern is a disgrace to a national hero who has done more for T&T football than Hadad and his associates put together…”

The following Letter to the Editor on the response of the Fifa-appointed normalisation committee to payments due to former Soca Warriors head coach Dennis Lawrence was submitted by Lawrence’s agent, Mike Berry:

Ironic that Trinidad and Tobago are playing the USA next week. Dennis Lawrence is STILL waiting to be paid his USA win bonus from 11th October 2017—after he made sure all his players and staff got theirs!

Fifa-appointed normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad has been notified on numerous occasions but has done NOTHING about it!

His lack of respect, empathy and concern is a disgrace to a national hero who has done more for Trinidad and Tobago football than Hadad and his associates put together. But they continue to take their monthly fees while Dennis has not had a brass cent since July 2019!

It is over three years since that iconic 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over the USA and he is still waiting for his contractual bonus. The normalisation committee members should be ashamed of themselves, especially after (allegedly) paying the English company, Avec Sport, and others ahead of a son of the soil, who has waited patiently for his contractual entitlement.

If Hadad had any genuine feeling for Trinidad and Tobago football, then he should get this embarrassing situation sorted urgently.

Their own normalisation committee fees since their appointment are in excess of US$130,000 and they allow a paltry World Cup qualifying bonus from 2017 to remain unpaid to the Trini whose header took the nation to Germany 2006?!

Not a good look, Mr Hadad!

Wired868 asked Hadad, via text message and WhatsApp:

Can you confirm whether the normalisation committee has facilitated any payment for Avec Sport and how much? And why was such a payment made before those due to nationals?

And can you [say] anything on how the normalisation committee is prioritising payments and managing local football money?

Hadad did not respond up to the time of publication.

Editor’s Note: Normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad has so far snubbed questions from Wired868 on which creditors have been paid, what are the repayment plans for the rest, and why. The TTFA’s members also remain in the dark on the issue.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2021, 07:29:54 PM »
‘Disgrace to a national hero!’ Hadad blasted for allegedly paying Avec before Lawrence’s USA win bonus.
Wired868.com.

“[…] Fifa-appointed normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad has been notified on numerous occasions [about the unpaid bonus to head coach Dennis Lawrence for Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup qualifying win over the United States on 11 October 2017] but has done NOTHING about it!

“His lack of respect, empathy and concern is a disgrace to a national hero who has done more for T&T football than Hadad and his associates put together…”

The following Letter to the Editor on the response of the Fifa-appointed normalisation committee to payments due to former Soca Warriors head coach Dennis Lawrence was submitted by Lawrence’s agent, Mike Berry:

Ironic that Trinidad and Tobago are playing the USA next week. Dennis Lawrence is STILL waiting to be paid his USA win bonus from 11th October 2017—after he made sure all his players and staff got theirs!

Fifa-appointed normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad has been notified on numerous occasions but has done NOTHING about it!

His lack of respect, empathy and concern is a disgrace to a national hero who has done more for Trinidad and Tobago football than Hadad and his associates put together. But they continue to take their monthly fees while Dennis has not had a brass cent since July 2019!

It is over three years since that iconic 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over the USA and he is still waiting for his contractual bonus. The normalisation committee members should be ashamed of themselves, especially after (allegedly) paying the English company, Avec Sport, and others ahead of a son of the soil, who has waited patiently for his contractual entitlement.

If Hadad had any genuine feeling for Trinidad and Tobago football, then he should get this embarrassing situation sorted urgently.

Their own normalisation committee fees since their appointment are in excess of US$130,000 and they allow a paltry World Cup qualifying bonus from 2017 to remain unpaid to the Trini whose header took the nation to Germany 2006?!

Not a good look, Mr Hadad!

Wired868 asked Hadad, via text message and WhatsApp:

Can you confirm whether the normalisation committee has facilitated any payment for Avec Sport and how much? And why was such a payment made before those due to nationals?

And can you [say] anything on how the normalisation committee is prioritising payments and managing local football money?

Hadad did not respond up to the time of publication.

Editor’s Note: Normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad has so far snubbed questions from Wired868 on which creditors have been paid, what are the repayment plans for the rest, and why. The TTFA’s members also remain in the dark on the issue.

All the best to the Normalization Committee (New TTFA) for the New Year and hopefully get things in order for many years to come.
Merry Christmas and Congratulations to Mr Hadad for steering the ship in what seems to be a correct direction to a port so far free of storm and rough seas.

Yet, just a few questions so we can learn how to steer ourselves in the future..

"So How much funding did FIFA see it fit to give the normalization committee to make these payments? How much was disbursed? How much is left ? What are the outstanding debts ? What is the status of present long term contracts? How are they to be honoured? Where is funding for up coming tournaments and for how many teams ? Is there a women’s team payment and any up coming programs/camps ? What about creditors and current court cases/debts ?

Nice to know ppl getting paid, but is it all secrets? Till next time ? Do we have another sponsor other than FIFA? Should the ppl of TT care where the money comes from and going ? Is taxes withheld or all money in and out of TT tax exempt?

Why I does have to declare whatever funds over 10 k I NOT travelling with on a form ? If I had, could I say , I got it from FIFA?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2021, 01:06:50 PM »
Lawrence brushes aside speculation linking him with Wrexham job
By Richard Williams (Wrexham Leader)

DENNIS LAWRENCE believes Wrexham have lost that "fear factor" as his former club prepares for a 14th campaign in non-league.

The Reds, relegated from the Football League in 2008, narrowly missed out on a play-off spot in 2020-21 and are the longest serving club in the fifth tier.

The high profile takeover by Hollywood stars Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds has raised hopes of a promotion push next season but Lawrence, who made more than 200 appearance for Wrexham from 2001-06, says there is no given right that the Reds can finally end the Football League exile.

"It looks like exciting times for the football club," said Lawrence, who still lives in the town.

"I don't think anybody would have believed Wrexham would be there for so long.

"At the end of the day you have got to compete and you have got to do well.

"One of my biggest fears in the early days when Wrexham went down was the longer you stay there, you lose that fear factor; a lot of clubs don't see us as they would have when we initially went down.

"Wrexham is a massive football club and although I would like to say they don't deserve to be there, you have got to perform, get results and make it happen."

Wrexham parted company with manager Dean Keates after failing to secure a top-seven finish.

The search for Keates' successor is on-going and Lawrence, who was manager of the Trinidad and Tobago national side from 2017-19, has been linked with the position but he brushed aside the speculation.

"It is fantastic to be linked with Wrexham," said Lawrence.

"You don't need to hide the fact that everybody knows my affiliation with the club, and what I feel about the club.

"The people will make the decision that is best for the football club. I will always wish the club well and continue to support the club.

"Wrexham Football Club will always be a part of me because it is the first club I played for when I came to the United Kingdom so I have got a lot of respect for the club."

Lawrence, who became the first Wrexham player to play at a World Cup when he started all three of Trinidad and Tobago's games in the 2006 edition, is currently working as a coach mentor for the FAW Trust but the 46-year-old refuses to rule out a return to management.

"I have been doing coach mentoring with the FAW Trust for the last couple of months," said Lawrence.

"It is something different and something I wanted to experience because I am always looking to educate myself.

"This biggest thing for me is to see how that could improve me as a coach.

"It would be nice to get back on the grass at some point but I just take things in my stride and wait until the opportunity comes."

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2021, 07:20:46 AM »
It'd be good to see his career restart, the more Trini coaches in a job the better.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coventry City appoint Dennis Lawrence as first-team coach
« Reply #593 on: June 25, 2021, 06:14:26 AM »
Coventry City appoint Dennis Lawrence as first-team coach
By Mark Hornby (ccfc.co.uk)

Dennis Lawrence has been appointed as Coventry City’s new first-team coach!

The 46-year-old will join Mark Robins’ coaching team for the start of pre-season training, which begins next week at Ryton.

Lawrence began coaching with Wigan Athletic in 2010 as Assistant Coach.

He then moved to Everton in 2013, taking the role of first-team development coach at Goodison Park.

In 2017 Dennis was appointed Manager of the Trinidad and Tobago national team, leaving the role in 2019.

Lawrence’s coaching career follows a successful playing one. He won 89 caps for Trinidad and Tobago, including representing his country at the 2006 World Cup and scoring the decisive goal in qualifying that took them to Germany.

After playing for sides in his native country of Trinidad and Tobago, the central defender moved to the UK in 2001 when he joined Wrexham and played over 200 times for the Club, winning the Football League Trophy in 2005.

He moved to Swansea City in 2006 where he played nearly 100 times and won the League One title in 2008. After a loan at Crewe in 2008/09 and a brief spell with San Juan Jabloteh in his native country, Lawrence made the move into coaching alongside Roberto Martinez at Wigan.

Manager Mark Robins said:

“I am delighted to welcome Dennis to the Club as first-team coach.

“He brings with him great knowledge and experience having worked at the highest level.

“As well as having had a successful playing career, Dennis is a top coach who will complement the existing coaching structure and we look forward to working with him.”

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 25, 2021, 01:26:02 PM »
Congratulations. Did not like Dennis as our National team coach but it's heartening to see a fellow Trinbagonian succeed, especially in Europe. Nuff said. All the best in your new role!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2021, 02:55:27 PM »
Congratulations. Did not like Dennis as our National team coach but it's heartening to see a fellow Trinbagonian succeed, especially in Europe. Nuff said. All the best in your new role!
  :beermug:

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 25, 2021, 03:39:12 PM »
congrats to a son of the soil.

A PROPHET IS NEVER HONOURED IN HIS OPWN COUNTRY. Go win big - Now I could follow a team in the English League.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2021, 09:49:25 PM »
What!?????!!!!!! Men on the forum praising DL now that he get a job with Coventry. My oh my!!!!!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »
What!?????!!!!!! Men on the forum praising DL now that he get a job with Coventry. My oh my!!!!!!!

Who is praising him? How many non-white coaches are there in British football, far less Europe as a whole? He was awful as our NT manager but he didn't hire himself. That is squarely on DJW/TTFA.

If coaching Coventry is his level should he not be given the opportunity, or does he not look the part??
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 26, 2021, 01:37:10 PM »
I wonder who recommended DL to Mark Robins. That's an old boys club. I'm happy to see DL making the breakthrough. Now I hadda follow Coventry City again. Remember Stern days there?

1]; } ?>