March 28, 2024, 10:57:02 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 116035 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Dennis Lawrence Thread
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:06:32 AM »
Dennis Lawrence might be T&T coach soon.

Someone told me that Dennis Lawrence might be T&T coach soon. Possibly after the Gold Cup.

Whether he accepts or not, that's another question.

He turned down a chance to be T&T assistant once.

Hopefully, Sheldon Phillips can convince him.

I just heard this.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:48:03 PM by Flex »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence might be T&T coach soon.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:55 AM »
That would be nice if TT can get him but I dont believe he will accept he knows too much about TT its failings,you name it and we can show the world how not to do it.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »
When Martinez moves to Everton you dont think Dennis might go with him there?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »
This would be a good move. I hope he accepts.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:59:10 AM »
Well d TTFF will get a stooge in Dennis after all he was jack hatchet man encouraging people to take jack 30 pieces of silver. He will tell d national team no need for FPATT or any such body.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 02:33:31 PM »
look de man sure to get a steady paycheck and work with good players.....why would he take de TnT job????

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
Let de man grow a bit more under Martinez.  We like to rush these men prematurely.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
Let de man grow a bit more under Martinez.  We like to rush these men prematurely.

Thank you. De man needs more experience under his belt.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 01:26:58 PM »
Same Kakhi pants.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 01:23:10 AM »

Thank you. De man needs more experience under his belt.
I second that!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 01:23:56 AM »
Same Kakhi pants.

I eh lying boy, you real negative ano horse!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 05:46:54 AM »
@justcool, sometimes I wonder why coache even bothers to comment on anything on this forum. Always negative. Sometimes I give him the benefit of the doubt when he starts off but his negativity gets the better of him and back to square one. As he put it "same khaki pants". I understand and respect constructive critique but coache is too much sometimes.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 07:02:43 AM »
@justcool, sometimes I wonder why coache even bothers to comment on anything on this forum. Always negative. Sometimes I give him the benefit of the doubt when he starts off but his negativity gets the better of him and back to square one. As he put it "same khaki pants". I understand and respect constructive critique but coache is too much sometimes.

Yeah negative until he talkin bout he lengthy resume and pointing out who he use to coach...all in all it takes all kinds, so we hadda accept him :(

Thomo doh get meh wrong he does annoy de hell outta me too with he negativity, but sometimes he does be unintentinally hilarious.

By de way, coache probably have an 'in' wid Lawerence as to why he would be de 'same khaki pants'?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 10:01:28 AM »
i aint mind dat atall 
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »
It seems to me that COACHE has some coaching experience. It is also clear that being in a foreign country COACHE has that mentality that foreign exposure is better than the big fish in a small pond mentality.
The logical conclusion is that COACHE wants to be the National coach of Trinidad & Tobago.
 Nothing wrong with that kind of ambition, but he must channel his CV in the right direction.
 Having said that, understanding the DNA of a club or country is a necessary ingredient for success.
 If one is in doubt ask the Interim  Coach of Chelsea. Players and fans can make you or break you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
It is also clear that being in a foreign country COACHE has that mentality that foreign exposure is better than the big fish in a small pond mentality.

Dennis is a local who is now cuttin his teeth in foreign. Isn't he gaining experience. Isn't that what all of us want?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 09:51:23 AM »
There is too much of an inclination to proclaim before the fact.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »
Same Khaki pants..not a negative comment...why take it as a negative? I said it before ..coaching in the English league is comparing apples to oranges when it comes to coaching a National team.
It would be even more difficult coaching Trinidad for many reasons. I'll name a few..lack of resources, player limitation, limited time to build a strong cohesive unit, leadership experience by the coach.
This coach is an assistant who is an active participant in another man's philosophy..does he fully understand Martinez's methods? I don't understand Martinez's methods..I never liked him, I always thought he was overrated and his relegation into the Championship Division is long overdue.
That methodology would not work with any National set up.
Who knows what is Dennis Lawrence's philosophy?

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
Same Khaki pants..not a negative comment...why take it as a negative? I said it before ..coaching in the English league is comparing apples to oranges when it comes to coaching a National team.
It would be even more difficult coaching Trinidad for many reasons. I'll name a few..lack of resources, player limitation, limited time to build a strong cohesive unit, leadership experience by the coach.
This coach is an assistant who is an active participant in another man's philosophy..does he fully understand Martinez's methods? I don't understand Martinez's methods..I never liked him, I always thought he was overrated and his relegation into the Championship Division is long overdue.

Is overrated yuh call de man overrated...if anything he's an overachiever, like u en see how light n weak wigan team is or wah, is like dey have a bare 11 of decent/ok players and after dat is salt...miracles martinez been working at that club
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »

Based on what? Your dislike of the EPL?

Sounds like Wigan to me

So there is the nature of the problem. Guess what???? your opinion doesn't matter because as long as Lawrence is learning and gaining experience he is becoming a better coach.

W]hy not wait and see if or when he is given the chance
[/color]

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »

You good yes. First to begin Dennis is not Martinez assistant, he runs the Developmental section of Wigan. Also I would hope he takes the best of Martinez philosophy  adds his own and grows from their. Saying that, Martinez teams play good football and is only a lack of true good players he has not done better. Hats off he won the FA Cup against the most expensive team in football. As professionals say "where is your FA Cup medal." How exactly is coaching in the EPL different from Holland, Spain, Mexico or Serbia Leagues, Versus National Teams?

If Dennis reading this thread. Most of us wish you well & are behind you. Good luck

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Spoke To Dennis Lawrence Yesterday
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
The man has so much insight into the day to day operations of a typical coach in England, tremendously insightful! Someone from the association should be utilizing the information that these guys can share with local coaches...was really happy to hear him talk about the philosophy of Martinez and how much work these guys devote to preparing their teams. Spoke quite a bit about speed of play, high intensity sessions, operating outside of players comfort zones, emphasis on addressing physical characteristics of young players, importance of developing relationships with players, importance of managing them. It's quite an accomplishment what he has achieved being a Trini operating at that level! Anton should be hunting these guys down once they are back in Trini...and the man can still handle himself on the pitch as well. Big respect to Dennis!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:40:26 AM by amwood »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spoke To Dennis Lawrence Yesterday
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »
Legend

The longer he stay abroad and get his badges and experience the better for us in the future

Keep it up big man !

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
Appreciate de info... but yuh telling we a lot about what yuh talk about, but not what he say.  That would have been much much more interesting.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
Always liked Lawrence, on the field this man was pure heart and soul, I believe he would make a great coach, hopefully, he will return to T&T.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 12:56:43 PM »
Dennis is a boss. He is in a daily environment, gaining experience at every level (which will serve him well). Do your thing Mr. Lawrence
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »
Look like de brudda may be headed to Everton with Martinez

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 02:11:18 PM »
The most important element is player relationship.
This is good for Mr Lawrence hope he's developing his own philosophy so as to enhance our players at home.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »
Big D
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »
Dennis Lawrence: Set to join Roberto Martinez's coaching team at Everton
By Pete O'Rourke (skysports).

Sky Sports understands Wigan coach Dennis Lawrence is poised to join Roberto Martinez's coaching staff at Everton.

Everton confirmed last week that Graeme Jones, Inaki Bergara, Kevin Reeves and Richard Evans had all followed Martinez from Wigan to Goodison Park.

Wigan were keen to keep hold of Lawrence with the former Trinidad & Tobago international establishing himself as a key member of the set-up at the DW Stadium.

New Wigan boss Owen Coyle was keen to include Lawrence in his plans for the side and hoped to keep him in his coaching staff.

However, Martinez has moved to lure Lawrence away from Wigan as he finalises his backroom team on Merseyside.

Lawrence is highly-rated by Martinez and he sees the former Wrexham and Swansea defender as one of the most innovative coaches around.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>