March 28, 2024, 04:50:29 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 115994 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I heard Lawrence got the job
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »
The technical committee say Stuart Charles and the TTFA board pick Dennis Lawrence.

I could imagine how DJW taking this.  :devil:

The current TTFA board of directors comprises: David John-Williams (president), Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis and Allan Warner (vice-presidents), Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football), Wayne Cunningham (Eastern FA) and Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League).

The TTFA technical committee comprises: Dexter Skeene (chairman), Dr Alvin Henderson (vice-chairman), Bertille St Clair (former World Youth Cup coach), Errol Lovell (former national goalkeeper), Jinelle James (ex-national player and current administrator) and Muhammad Isa (technical director).

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:33:53 PM by Insider »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
Hmmmm... maturana was the best pick of the short list but Dennis is better than Stuart..

Question is, why couldn't Dennis be asst to hart, the dictator make an arrangement with Dennis or wha?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2017, 04:26:16 PM »
The technical committee say Stuart Charles and the TTFA board pick Dennis Lawrence.

I could imagine how DJW taking this.  :devil:

Lasana say he appeared to be visibly pissed

dat make meh feel warm inside......but expect obstruction and bad vibes DJW is ah big child
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:30:33 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:24 PM »

I could imagine how DJW taking this. 

He should go by FT Farfan and get a tractor and use that to haul he backside.

Imagine when they discussing Fervier....he offer to recuse himself from the discussions.
They agreed.
He vex.

So he just on scenes then?

Anyhow..I could live with this choice. I was always saying if we giving people with little experience..AT LEAST give one of ours who trying to get a break nah.

And 3 year contract? Hmm..interesting.

Sent from my TBOOK 11(E5A6) using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »
John-Williams offered to recuse himself from the deliberations, due to his closeness with Fevrier. According to two sources, the TTFA president appeared surprised and possibly annoyed that the board accepted his offer.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2017, 04:37:27 PM »

I could imagine how DJW taking this. 

He should go by FT Farfan and get a tractor and use that to haul he backside.

Imagine when they discussing Fervier....he offer to recuse himself from the discussions.
They agreed.
He vex.

So he just on scenes then?

Anyhow..I could live with this choice. I was always saying if we giving people with little experience..AT LEAST give one of ours who trying to get a break nah.

And 3 year contract? Hmm..interesting.

Sent from my TBOOK 11(E5A6) using Tapatalk

hahahahaha sweet......it good he come and actively railroading ah son of d soil for ah man dat eh even born here steups
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:47:32 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence is now T&T head coach.
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2017, 05:34:26 PM »
Tough appointment for Tallest. We in a bad position and he has to win over the troublemakers/cuss dem out. Most of all I hope he dedicated to exposing the administration.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »
Was still hoping for Hart. Although it was far fetched, I read that the association did consider bringing him back.

Out of all the others, I'm happy they chose Lawrence. The man did took the necessary courses and never hesitated to upgrade his credentials. Maybe a Lawrence & Hart team might be the missing link. But DJW ain't having Hart near TT football. And I don't think Hart wants to be in the clutches of DJW.

I see DJW get a committee position in FIFA. I wonder who in FIFA ain't take their meds?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »
the soap opera just took a very interesting turn

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »
Good luck to Lawrence (or Fenwick) on your appointment. I'm not sure a congratulation is appropriate.  Kind of like saying congratulations for arriving in the lion's den. Whoever is the new coach better pray the BOD continues to take their new-found responsibility seriously. No matter how good a coach you are, you will never fully succeed under such a sub-par administration.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2017, 06:48:42 PM »
Tough appointment for Tallest. We in a bad position and he has to win over the troublemakers/cuss dem out. Most of all I hope he dedicated to exposing the administration.

Very tough spot for real. He must quickly establish control of the dressing room and set expectations going forward. Luckily he has the professional and personal credentials to accomplish that.

If he could expose the administration that would be great. But he shouldn't have to, that is not his job. He should be dedicated to producing results on the field. The sad part is the technical committee has already exposed themselves by voting for Fevrier, but no one seems to give enough of a damn to question their integrity.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:55:21 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »
Congrats to DL!. Welcome to the devil's woodyard,  Mr. WC Goalscorer. I am surprised though. The committee finally developed some backbone and made a choice. Whether it is wise or not,  is left to be seen. Sorry about Fenwick. But only way Hart or Fenwick ever coming back, is when DJW is gone. Wishing him the best.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2017, 09:02:52 PM »
I like this move. It is long term thinking. We're not going to the WC but we can build for the future. I think Maturana would have been a positive move too but I like this approach too. Hopefully there is a smooth gradual transition. I do not like the fact that DJW and Saintfiet tried to get rid of the senior tenured squad members so quickly. We do not have a #1, or a #9 better than KJ or Jan right now so they should play until someone is good enough to take their place.  As far as Lawrence goes I think he has received alot from his experience with Martinez. I wish him all the best.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
I like this move. It is long term thinking. We're not going to the WC but we can build for the future. I think Maturana would have been a positive move too but I like this approach too. Hopefully there is a smooth gradual transition. I do not like the fact that DJW and Saintfiet tried to get rid of the senior tenured squad members so quickly. We do not have a #1, or a #9 better than KJ or Jan right now so they should play until someone is good enough to take their place.  As far as Lawrence goes I think he has received alot from his experience with Martinez. I wish him all the best.

We're not going to the World Cup because the dictator sabotage Hart... Dennis is a great choice for asst coach, not head coach, he should have been asst under Hart ... with don Leo as tech director .... these men don't know what they are doing...

Maturana should have gotten the post over everyone, given their spite towards not bringing back Hart .. no one in that short list is better qualified ...

I hope Dennis does well though but I don't have high hopes by any means

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2017, 11:03:39 PM »

We're not going to the World Cup because the dictator sabotage Hart... Dennis is a great choice for asst coach, not head coach, he should have been asst under Hart ... with don Leo as tech director .... these men don't know what they are doing...

Maturana should have gotten the post over everyone, given their spite towards not bringing back Hart .. no one in that short list is better qualified ...

I do agree that Hart should not have been fired and that Maturana would have been the best choice however I do like the idea of DL getting a chance. Hart was never going to come back under DJW and Maturana probably asked for more money. He was IMO the best considering the circumstances.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2017, 12:10:45 AM »

I do agree that Hart should not have been fired and that Maturana would have been the best choice however I do like the idea of DL getting a chance. Hart was never going to come back under DJW and Maturana probably asked for more money. He was IMO the best considering the circumstances.

Money is not the issue my friend... sadly the selection of Dennis is playing into the dictators sabotage.. the question is, can Dennis qualify the team even with the dictator still in charge?

We are giving Dennis invaluable experience at the risk of us not qualifying with an experienced coach.. his lack of experience in this role is what is concerning..

We are playing Russian roulette with our football, it will take a miracle for us to qualify with an inexperienced head coach, that is suited as an asst instead...

If the dictator is mad, he's mad because he can't fully control Dennis which leaves him in an uncompromising situation, a narcissist never wants that...

Keep in mind, we are not rebuilding, we had a great core with Hart that only was out of their depth with Argentina, one of the worlds best teams.. we need impact, not rebuilding at this point... our rebuilding should have started a while ago and hart getting us to the World Cup would have put us in a better position to rebuild..

Dennis is not the man to rebuild our football, he should have been part of a more experienced and knowledgable team to rebuild, under Hart or another coach who deserves to be there...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2017, 02:55:28 AM »
‘Tallest’ tipped for national job.
T&T Newsday Reports.

The man who headed this country into the 2006 World Cup is expected to be handed the coaching reins of the national football team to try to get T&T’s 2018 World Cup campaign headed in the right direction.

Dennis Lawrence, 42-years-old, is tipped to be the next national coach a day after the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) issued a press release indicating it is yet to come to a final decision “following several hours of its statutory Board Meeting on Wednesday evening at the Association’s Head Office.”

It was reported previously that the TTFA technical committee had narrowed the search for a new coach down from initially five applicants to three - Englishman Terry Fenwick, St Lucia’s Stuart Charles Fevrier and Colombian Francisco Maturana.

But Dexter Skeene, head of TTFA’s technical committee, yesterday morning said the committee was still “finalising” and five coaches were still in play for the top post, namely Lawrence, Russell Latapy and the aforementioned three.

He told Newsday: “We’re just finalising this process. Just give me a little more time and I’ll get back to you in a little bit. We’re finalising, just respect the process for me. We finalising the position.”

He continued: “We had five names we were looking at. There were five names. Yeah, we have five names we’re looking at. You should get something at the end of the day to run with.” By press time, though, the TT FA did not issue a statement with rumours rife that Lawrence had been offered the post with details still to be finalised.

Contacted again, Skeene indicated the TTFA were “finalising” and said a decision would be announced “by weekend”.

Lawrence has played in England and Wales for eight years (2001-2009) and boosted his reputation as a coach while working as an assistant to Spaniard Roberto Martinez at English Premier League club Everton.

He was officially the club’s first-team development coach. He has also coached at Wigan Athletic under Martinez briefly from October 2010.

According to a report on local sports website Wired 868.com, Fevrier and Fenwick were the front runners for the position with Fevrier the preferred choice by the technical committee.

However, the TTFA Board of Directors allegedly rejected Fevrier for the top position. Newsday understands that Lawrence was everyone’s second choice and has been offered the job.

RELATED NEWS

Big man for big job? Lawrence on verge of Soca Warriors post after board rejects Fevrier.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Former World Cup 2006 defender and Everton FC assistant coach Dennis Lawrence looks to be on the verge of the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team head coaching position, after the TTFA board of directors rejected the technical committee’s preferred choice, Stuart Charles-Fevrier.

Lawrence, who spent six years as assistant coach at England top flight clubs Everton FC and Wigan Athletic and is now a scout at the Belgium national team, is believed to be hammering out details with the Football Association.

Unlike recently departed Soca Warriors head coach Tom Saintfiet—who received a three month deal—Lawrence has allegedly been offered a three year contract that will take him through to the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

It is almost certainly the longest contract to be given to a Men’s National Senior Team head coach in this millennium.

W Connection coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier had his eye on the post and received the backing of the majority of the TTFA technical committee. Wired868 understands that four of the six committee members voted for Fevrier while two—including chairman Dexter Skeene—chose former Central FC and England World Cup defender Terry Fenwick.

Fevrier and Fenwick are the two most successful coaches in the history of the TT Pro League.

Contrary to claims in one daily newspaper that former World Youth Cup coach Bertille St Clair had walked out on the technical committee, St Clair is understood to have voted over the telephone. The Tobagonian is recovering from recent health issues and has not attended a committee meeting in months.

However, the relaying of the technical committee’s decision took a very different turn to what transpired just last month when Saintfiet was selected.

Then, TTFA president David John-Williams, the co-founder of W Connection, was the only person to negotiate with the candidates. And John-Williams told the board that Saintfiet was the only coach who was available and affordable.

Once bitten, it seems, and twice shy.

If, as conspiracy theorists believe, John-Williams’ intention was always to oust former head coach Stephen Hart and get someone to act as scapegoat before introducing Fevrier, then it backfired spectacularly.

After Saintfiet’s disastrous, short-lived reign and John-Williams’ refusal to accept any responsibility for the farce, there appeared to have been a concerted effort by the technical committee to take control of the process on this occasion.

So, Skeene and his committee conducted the interviews—rather than John-Williams—and agreed on the financial package, length of tenure and deliverables for the new coach.

And, when the board was called in to rule on the next Warriors head coach, there was now a wealth of information available for the members to make an informed decision.

John-Williams offered to recuse himself from the deliberations, due to his closeness with Fevrier. According to two sources, the TTFA president appeared surprised and possibly annoyed that the board accepted his offer.

In his absence, TTFA vice-president Ewing Davis chaired the meeting. Joanne Salazar, John-Williams’ second vice-president, remained in the meeting although she worked as a consultant for Connection since 2011. But her presence, according to one source, was not felt to be a distraction to the talks.

The technical committee made Fevrier its first choice with Fenwick as runner-up with four votes to two. However, all candidates were listed in order of preference from one to four—and Lawrence was everyone’s second choice.

The remaining prospective coach was Colombian Francisco Maturana who was also felt to be a capable choice. But members balked at his supposed request for a three to five year deal.

Former National Senior Team head coach and present youth director, Russell Latapy, was ruled out by the committee and the board, as they allegedly felt he could better serve the country in his current position.

Once more, Latapy might be asked to help as assistant coach as he did with Saintfiet.

However, with the polarising figures of Fevrier and Fenwick at the top of the list, the TTFA board decided that Lawrence was the best choice—or, arguably, the safest—although he has never worked before as a head coach.

As always, there were concerns about working with Fenwick’s fiery personality while Fevrier’s Connection connection and supposedly lukewarm interview appeared to work against him.

The decision is not yet finalised and Wired868 understands that the six foot seven ex-international defender still has to agree to the terms on offer, which is believed to include deliverables that will allow his work to be assessed periodically.

Although Lawrence was not the immediate favourite, all parties were said to have been impressed by his interview, his successful international career and his time as understudy to Spanish coach Roberto Martinez.

Lawrence, who was interviewed by telephone last Saturday, is said to have shown a knowledge of the job required as Warriors coach in terms of team discipline and fitness. He also reportedly gave an impressive pitch for strengthening the team’s defensive structure.

In another unprecedented move, the TTFA board decided that Skeene, rather than president John-Williams, should be the person to make the announcement to the media.

Skeene is expected to hold a press conference tomorrow.

“I am really happy with the process in [this appointment],” one board member told Wired868, on the condition of anonymity. “We really worked as a unit. I think it was the best meeting I have been involved with under this administration.”

Radio talk show host Andre Baptiste, whose I95.5FM radio station is the official station of the TTFA, posted about Lawrence’s job future this afternoon and it is expected to be a topic for discussion this evening.

By all indications, Lawrence and the TTFA have not yet agreed terms for the big man to take over the big coaching job. But it appears to be his to accept or refuse. It was Lawrence’s headed goal against Bahrain—in a FIFA play off contest in Manama on 17 November 2005—that took the Soca Warriors to the Germany 2006 World Cup. He will now hope to be just as pivotal in getting his country to the Russia 2018 World Cup.

John-Williams, sources alleged, was not amused.

Saintfiet might have been a disaster on the football field. But it appears that, in the TTFA board room, the obscure Belgian might have had a galvanising effect on football stakeholders who were no longer willing to be sit on their hands and be a rubber stamp.

The current TTFA board of directors comprises: David John-Williams (president), Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis and Allan Warner (vice-presidents), Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football), Wayne Cunningham (Eastern FA) and Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League).

The TTFA technical committee comprises: Dexter Skeene (chairman), Dr Alvin Henderson (vice-chairman), Bertille St Clair (former World Youth Cup coach), Errol Lovell (former national goalkeeper), Jinelle James (ex-national player and current administrator) and Muhammad Isa (technical director).

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:48:39 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2017, 06:44:55 AM »
This thread needs to be deleted lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2017, 09:20:04 AM »
Hmmm... What jack wants...?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
Hmmm... What jack wants...?

... Jack used to get. :P

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »
Guys, Dennis turned down the terms being offered to be head coach!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
Guys, Dennis turned down the terms being offered to be head coach!!

I wonder which terms?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2017, 11:17:41 AM »
Trinbago sweet!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2017, 11:18:20 AM »
Well, yuh dun know who will accept them.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
DJW reject Lawrence demands. Fight in TTFA as DJW bullying for Stuart, but the board want Lawrence.

An insider in the Guardian told me Walter Alibey from Guardian on Shabazz and DJW payroll.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
DJW reject Lawrence demands. Fight in TTFA as DJW bullying for Stuart, but the board want Lawrence.

An insider in the Guardian told me Walter Alibey from Guardian on Shabazz and DJW payroll.

Glad to see they grew a pair! Though I suspect there's more to it than that.
They'll probably lose this battle but it needed to happen!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:13:37 PM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2017, 12:15:44 PM »

He's always been a bully.  Bullies ALWAYS eventually get their comeuppance

Lord put a hand! Just when it seems like TTFA was making pragmatic decisions, DJW allegedly threw a spanner in the wheel.
Dictatorial DJW is allegedly attempting to veto the negotiations of the TTFA Executive Committee by reducing the offer made to Dennis Lawrence.
The President’s offer allegedly equate to what he offered Saintfiet – a match to match contract rather than one for a three-year period, with reduced compensation although funds are allegedly provided by a FIFA Development grant.
It is understood that Dennis has requested TTFA to straighten things out within a day or two else he’s not interested.
It will be interesting to see how much balls the TTFA executive has by whether it can relegate DJW as a figurehead presy, in the greater interest of TT football.
I imagine, under the TTFA constitution they have the powers. But do they have the balls?

Put that in allyuh pipe.....let it simmer and seep in GOOD.  See what allyuh been dealing with and think back on some of what Contro been saying all this time
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:18:39 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
DJW he self said he don't have the power to select a coach. This doesn't bode well if DL does get the position. It says that he doesn't hv the fulfill support of the TTFA...that shittthongg DJW
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »
Hopefully the committee stands strong. They must not give in. We are not going to the WC anyway, this is the time to take a stand.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
Jack Warner all ova again.

Bertille St Clair voted by phone, ah wonder if was really him?....

Glad de TTFA board have some balls, allyuh stand firm against this dictator and his cockroach friends like Stuart Charles, allyuh know in St Lucia they does practice voodoo, like Charles have a candle burning ova DJW head for de pass 20 years.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>