March 28, 2024, 12:37:00 PM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 116054 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »
Congrats Dennis, wishing you all the best :beermug:

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
I heard Dennis has turned down the job. He initially agreed in principle, but apparently some terms in the contract were ridiculous and said no.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »
I heard Dennis has turned down the job. He initially agreed in principle, but apparently some terms in the contract were ridiculous and said no.

The dictator supposedly removed the clauses and Dennis is now confirmed as the new coach.. so as of right now, we don't know the full terms of the new agreement

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
Thanks Contro for the update

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »

u jeopardize your stable job to come home and deal with a pappyshow system where there is no accountability..

yuh not sure yuh getting ah paycheck...

broken potholes everywhere in the system....people talking behind yuh back....

nah boy..this not going to end nice..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2017, 10:01:36 PM »
We have a Coach that is acceptable to most of the public.  We need to turn this momentum into a MOVEMENT.

Time to put pressure on the TTFA to hire a competent Technical Director.  Isa must GO!

Who paying for the new director? FIFA again?

To be honest, we don't know what Issa really doing. What program has the TTFA implemented since DJW was elected?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2017, 10:21:13 PM »

u jeopardize your stable job to come home and deal with a pappyshow system where there is no accountability..

The dictator already know this... lol he already planning his sabotage of Dennis...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
We have a Coach that is acceptable to most of the public.  We need to turn this momentum into a MOVEMENT.

Time to put pressure on the TTFA to hire a competent Technical Director.  Isa must GO!

Who paying for the new director? FIFA again?

To be honest, we don't know what Issa really doing. What program has the TTFA implemented since DJW was elected?

The real question is how much funds have been allocated to the ttfa and what are they doing with that money they getting from the tv rights?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »

wait ah minute,what does a scout for the Belgain National Team do or did ? Anyway, many of the ppl get what they wanted, here we go

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2017, 11:24:28 PM »
WATCH: Dennis Lawrence confirmed as Soca Warriors Head Coach

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r3uD8tOVQZw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r3uD8tOVQZw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2017, 11:38:18 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r3uD8tOVQZw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r3uD8tOVQZw</a>

The dictator live and love to lie, he support all coaches lol we wouldn't be in this situation if he didn't sabotage Hart...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:50 AM »

The dictator live and love to lie, he support all coaches lol we wouldn't be in this situation if he didn't sabotage Hart...
Yea I had to laugh when I heard his comments smh

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2017, 02:08:34 AM »

Yea I had to laugh when I heard his comments smh

Signs of a pathological liar

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2017, 04:13:46 AM »

Lol DJW think people stupid? He buss on he average when he got found out by Berry, Lawrence and Lasana now he's trying to chat s**t to save face. Gladly no-one believes him. Even his board and committee members had the balls to defy him and it all came out in the open. That Saintfeit hiring and firing issue did some good in de end it seems.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:35:25 AM by Thomo »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »
Players, sporting officials agree with TTFA decision.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

MEMBERS of the national football team and the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Darryl Smith were all satisfied with the decision to appoint Dennis Lawrence as the new head coach of the national men’s football team.

Lawrence replaces Belgian Tom Saintfiet who resigned on January 11 after only one month on the job. National goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams was happy with the decision to appoint Lawrence. Williams said, “I think I could speak for a lot of the guys who are involved in the set up right now in saying that they are excited about the prospect of working with somebody like Dennis.

A high level coach, he has more than what it takes to take us to the next level and to take us to where we trying to go, so we excited and happy about it.” Williams said they are satisfied about the decision, despite Lawrence not being on the players list of a suitable replacement for Saintfiet.

“More than satisfied, we not disappointed at all. As the letter stated we would have been going based upon the little knowledge that we pooled together.”

After Saintfiet resigned, 23 current national players wrote a letter to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association giving their opinion on who the next national coach should be. The players felt Stephen Hart, Stuart Charles-Fevrier, Terry Fenwick and Angus Eve (assistant coach) should have been also considered for the head coaching vacancy.

Carlos Edwards, who was recently recalled to the national team, said Lawrence will be an asset to the team. Edwards said, “Dennis is a very smart guy when it comes to the game, and it’s different to just playing the game, but also knowing the game and studying it. He has the sixth sense about the game and his leadership will be valuable.

Obviously he will have his own methods of coaching and dealing with the players.

Smith, who has been asking for a local coach to be hired said, “The experience that he (Lawrence) has gained in Europe under some of the best coaches in the world I think will do us well. I am happy it is a local, I am happy it is finally over. He does not have much time, but I think at this point in time (it is important) to have somebody who the players are relatively familiar with.”

Former manager of the national team Bruce Aanensen said, “I think Dennis is a very serious fella. He has done a lot of coaching in the short time with (Roberto) Martinez and he has the highest qualifications of coaching. He may not have all the experience but I think he will get the respect of the players.” Aanensen added that it is crucial that Lawrence has support around him.

“The important thing is that he gets the support of the administration (TTFA) and the players, because he will certainly need that if he is going to be effective. Let us hope this is the beginning of a turnaround on our fortunes, and we could see some positive things coming out of the football before March when we have those two important games.

“He needs some strong people around him to help him out, because notwithstanding the qualifications he has in coaching he does not have the experience, he is relatively new to it.

But you only get experience by coaching, so it is a good opportunity for him and let’s hope he can make the best of it and that everybody provides the level of support that he certainly is going to need.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
The President said all coaches under his his tenure has received his fullest support contrary to popular belief...... really
Talk about lie that is lie...King liar. AKA...The great macauel
But King Liar the people will not crown you in this century unless you come clean on all of your lies
I take everything you say from day forward with five pounds of salt...Go away and take a bush bath
Go away..There is no shame in your pathetic game...You have singlehanded made us have to start over twice in this campaign..You are no patriot...The question to be asked is whom do you truly serve

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
The President said all coaches under his his tenure has received his fullest support contrary to popular belief...... really
But King Liar the people will not crown you in this century unless you come clean on all of your lies
I take everything you say from day forward with five pounds of salt...Go away and take a bush bath
Go away..There is no shame in your pathetic game...You have singlehanded made us have to start over twice in this campaign..You are no patriot...The question to be asked is whom do you truly serve

All he wants to do is be boss. He come on the scene to do what he wants, not what needs to be done and treating his position of authority as if it's his own to run and no dog dare bark!! NEVER A PATRIOT! Only used it to further his ambitions for unbridled power.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:55:20 AM by Thomo »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2017, 10:58:02 AM »
No experience..no experience..coming from an orderly environment to one of chaos...he will have to have lots of good people around him.

Good Luck Dennis I wish you the best..it's a shame he didn't get an assistant position  with the National team before being put in the hot seat under this crapeaud DJW (he even look like a crapeaud).

Anyway get to work!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »
Drug test after the goal huh, they were trying anyway to get Trinidad to not qualify lol what a set of crooks
Trinidad and Tobago. At least you could respect the team captain, Dwight Yorke!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »

All he wants to do is be boss. He come on the scene to do what he wants, not what needs to be done and treating his position of authority as if it's his own to run and no dog dare bark!! NEVER A PATRIOT! Only used it to further his ambitions for unbridled power.
Reminds me of another recently elected President!  :bs: ::)
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2017, 12:34:15 PM »
Drug test after the goal huh, they were trying anyway to get Trinidad to not qualify lol what a set of crooks

My apologies, I corrected it, and before you throw a fit and assume something, it was unintentional and by accident

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2017, 12:37:35 PM »
I think many are more happy with the coach not being Stuart Charles Fevrier than the actual appointment of tallest. Regardless, I feel tallest is the best man out of the current contenders.

He already take we to the world cup, maybe he might do it again  :beermug:

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

For this reason I have always advocated a change of name to reflect one country, hence Trinbago, which comprises of two seperate island. My belief is that there is no exclusion in refering to a countryman as a Trinbagonian who can still identify as a Trinidadian, Tobagonian or just plain Trini.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2017, 02:03:08 PM »

For this reason I have always advocated a change of name to reflect one country, hence Trinbago, which comprises of two seperate island. My belief is that there is no exclusion in refering to a countryman as a Trinbagonian who can still identify as a Trinidadian, Tobagonian or just plain Trini.

I like Trinto Republic. But Trinbago cool too.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »

So what will you call yourself, a Trintotian? Just asking.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »

Trintonian

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »
So what happen to people who doh wanna come to Trinidad because of crime but happy to go Tobago? How we gonna market Trinbago when crime high in "Trinbago"?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2017, 06:54:19 PM »

Hell no.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »

Hell no.

Breds, is Trintonians. Not trintoteeyans! Sam go like that name though.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:49:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
So what happen to people who doh wanna come to Trinidad because of crime but happy to go Tobago? How we gonna market Trinbago when crime high in "Trinbago"?

It is not complicated. It is just like New Zealand. North island and South Island.

1]; } ?>