March 28, 2024, 05:03:28 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 115996 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2017, 06:02:21 AM »
Morris: Lawrence must stay long-term.
By Garth Wattley (Express).

Dennis Lawrence is the right man for national football coaching job. For the long term.

That’s the view of former national captain Clayton Morris. Lawrence, the 2006 World Cup qualifying hero, was confirmed as the successor to Belgian Tom Saintfiet by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) on Saturday, and comes to the job with no head coach experience.

The length of Lawrence’s contract was not given in the TTFA release announcing his appointment, but Morris who captained the “Strike Squad” in the 1989 World Cup qualifying campaign said the selection of Lawrence should not be a short-term one.

“Miracles do happen, but I’m not looking for a miracle in this (World Cup) campaign anymore,” Morris told the Express. “I’m more looking for Dennis and his staff to bring us to a point where we could have hope for the next campaign (Gold Cup etc.)”

Noting the composition of the technical staff Lawrence was reportedly assembling for the T&T job, Morris said the new coach and his crew should be used to set a template for national teams at all levels.

“When I look at it, this is what I think is what we need for the entire football (programme),” Morris said.
“We need a long-term plan, so again, given the support that Dennis mentioned that he asked for, then I think this is what we should be looking for, that is what I’m pleased with. That is more important for me as one who has been through the sport and still am in the trenches.” He added for emphasis: “We need one philosophy going forward.”

Apart from utilising Lawrence and his staff to help chart a unified way of playing for national teams, Morris also has no qualms about the new man’s total lack of experience as a head coach. “Given that backing he has, that would make up for his lack of experience, the staff he‘s coming with,” Morris said.

He also noted that Lawrence would “have the ear” of his “Soca Warriors” coach Leo Beenhakker, so “I think it is the correct move we made by getting Dennis involved.” Morris also felt that because of Morris’ relatively recent experience with the national team, “total respect will be given to him.”

“The gap is not too far (with the payers) like with someone like myself. It means more to the present players to have someone they could identify with.”

Lawrence, 42, comes to the T&T job from his assignment as a scout for the Belgian national team under Roberto Martinez with whom he worked as a coach with English Premier League teams Everton and Wigan.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »
So TTFA learned nothing from Saintfiet apparently.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2017, 12:15:45 PM »
I hope DJW don't come rong tallest with no outta timin talk like he did with saintfeet...tallest is a man look like he doh play them game, and it would befit everyone if they cld have a mutually respectful relationship!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2017, 01:55:24 PM »
Hope the President learn something.... :devil:
There is a revolution taking place..
Better get in line and keep the pace
The voice of the people is the voice of Jah
Rastafari

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »
DJW got owned and exposed with the hiring of Lawrence fiasco. If he didn't know before he knows now that he's not a well liked person, not that he cares to be honest.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
The dictator will still try, the question now is, when?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
latapy got another cobo appointment, how very funny. hope abgus eve gets to be assistant coach.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »
DJW mindset is- What you the Forumites think of me is none of my business. :yellowcard: :yellowcard: :yellowcard:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »
When is Dennis arriving and when is the press conference? Did the dictator return from Zurich after getting approval from his masters , I mean superiors for the agreement ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:51:00 PM by Controversial »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2017, 04:10:22 PM »
Contro, for a person who proposes to be in the know and cusses every other poster calling them "dunce" among other names, how come you didn't read and find out that Dennis' original arrival date is was proposed as tomorrow, Wednesday? Just as well you didn't know that DJW met with Infantino today at FIFA Headquarters in Zurich so obviously he could not be back in TnT today as you suggested. I await you diatribe and name calling in 1, 2, 3...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
Contro, for a person who proposes to be in the know and cusses every other poster calling them "dunce" among other names, how come you didn't read and find out that Dennis' original arrival date is was proposed as tomorrow, Wednesday? Just as well you didn't know that DJW met with Infantino today at FIFA Headquarters in Zurich so obviously he could not be back in TnT today as you suggested. I await you diatribe and name calling in 1, 2, 3...

Can you count higher? Yuh sure yuh able?

Hmmm.... interesting as I never asked for a date and was referring to the time instead of the press conference and arrival tormmorow, as I won't be home tomorrow, so I would like to catch it on the road as it happens, if they even bring it live... As I have a good memory and know it was Wednesday...

Love your presumptuous nature, it will take you very far  :D

Actually I didn't know when exactly he was leaving for Zurich to be honest.. I'm not the Dictators personal keeper or one of the resident ass kissers of the ttfa like yourself, so I don't understand why you're getting so emotional over my questions?

Did the master , opps I mean superior reference offend you? Well it shouldn't, unless you are also on the ttfa and playing by the house rules or just don't understand really what is going on or who is being controlled..

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:34:19 PM by Controversial »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
Touchdown !!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:37 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »
So when is the press conference and is there any news on this?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »
WATCH: Extra Time TV’s Andre Sooklal and Kevon Campbell give their views on Dennis Lawrence’s appointment as Head Coach of Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZvhQOAPa45o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZvhQOAPa45o</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:43 PM »
WATCH: Extra Time TV’s Andre Sooklal and Kevon Campbell give their views on Dennis Lawrence’s appointment as Head Coach of Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZvhQOAPa45o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZvhQOAPa45o</a>

I'll wait for the actual news and press conference, no time to listen to jokers ...

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:31 AM »

I'll wait for the actual news and press conference, no time to listen to jokers ...

Are these two clowns being paid for this nonsense?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2017, 12:55:47 AM »
the most interesting thing about that commentary was the end.....quite an attractive woman

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2017, 01:09:13 AM »
the most interesting thing about that commentary was the end.....quite an attractive woman

Yeah boss, shes ah looker... best part of that whole video...

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:11 AM »
Forumites, Please don't create  no ....... Dennis Lawrence thread  ah begging allyuh! ::).   He need all the possible support.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:43:08 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2017, 01:52:21 AM »
Forumites, Please don't create  no ....... Dennis Lawrence thread  ah begging allyuh! ::).   He need all the possible support.

:thinking:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2017, 02:02:25 AM »
Noted improvement by Andre Sooklal in getting "Trinidad & Tobago" correct ... unfortunately only to be scuppered by his sidekick's "Trinidad" call just before the clip ends. Lehwe call it a work in progress.

Since announcement of DL as head coach, we have had so many hours of peace and tranquility with no nonsense seeping from the powers that be ... May it so continue before kick-off on March 24 and beyond.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2017, 05:47:15 AM »
Lawrence arrives to begin duties as Men’s Senior Team Head Coach.
TTFA Media.

Newly appointed Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team Head Coach Dennis Lawrence arrived in the country on Wednesday night to begin his post as Head Coach of the Men;s Senior National Team.

Lawrence arrived from London shortly after 8pm and addressed the media briefly.

Video: Dennis Lawrence speaks after arriving home to start duties as Senior Team Head Coach

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RAmwSsMA1BI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RAmwSsMA1BI</a>

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:09:14 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
DL say.. ah gone oui!  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Best of luck coach.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »
DL say.. ah gone oui!  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Best of luck coach.

Man pull a premier league exit deyyyy ent!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2017, 02:07:51 PM »
Allyuh like ting, eh? Ha ha ha.

Ah like de bredda though. And I am optimistic about him and what he is capable of accomplishing. Just praying that he is protected from bad mind bosses and people.

TNT is sooooooo blessed with creativity, rhythm, intelligence, and talent. . .would love to see these virtues nurtured and take on the world's best. I know we will lash dem.

All the best Tallest and T&T.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2017, 04:53:30 AM »
Lawrence calls for total support.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Dennis Lawrence, the new T&T football coach has described T&T’s chances of qualifying for the FIFA World Cup in Russia next year as difficult but not impossible.

Lawrence arrived at the Piarco International Airport on Wednesday night. He who got the nod for the high profile coaching job ahead of a competitive field that included Terry Fenwick, the ex Central FC coach, Colombian Francisco Maturana, W Connection coach Stuart Charles Fevrier and Russell Latapy, said he intends to play a brand of football that will be pleasing to the public.

He did not elaborate on whether it will be a short-passing, long-passing game or a combination of the two, but said all will have to be on the same page if the country is to achieve results in the game. “I am happy to be back home” noting he has always said that he wanted to give back to his country in the past.

He will hold a press conference at a date to be announced soon and at that time he will reveal who his assistant coaches will be.

T&T is second from bottom on the standing having started the Final Round of qualification with losses to Costa Rica 0-2 at home and later Honduras 1-3 away. The results have led to the dismissal of then coach Stephen Hart and the appointment of Belgian Tom Saintfiet as his replacement. But Tom lasted just 35 days in the job before resigning, saying he did not get the support from the TTFA and its president.

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence: This needs to be long term.
T&T Newsday Reports.

New national head coach Dennis Lawrence arrived in this country on Wednesday night and was greeted by a swarm of reporters and a number of curious onlookers. Speaking to the media briefly after his flight from Gatwick, England, the former T&T defender said he was happy to be home but was evasive when questioned about how the length of his contract.

Ironically, a few minutes prior, TTFA president David John-Williams strolled past the throng of media gathered but was grilled by the local flag man who asked him whether he had given Lawrence the same ultimatum he had given his predecessor Tom Saintfiet - get four points from the next two World Cup qualifiers vs Panama and Mexico in March or be fired.

John-Williams just smiled.

Lawrence, asked how long he will be here for, replied: “I am here for the duration. I am here to work. I think it is important that if you want to work properly with the boys, you need to be here so I’m going to based in here basically.” Asked specifically whether it was for the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers alone or beyond, Lawrence stressed, “I’m here.

I’m home. I’m home to work.” Earlier, the ex-defender nicknamed “Tallest” due to his 6-foot, 6-inches frame, hinted that he has signed on for the long haul not necessarily a quick fix to get T&T ’s 2018 World Cup campaign on track.

“Obviously I’m delighted to be home at the moment and looking forward to get the work started. We all understand it is going to be a difficult challenge but one that is not impossible.

We’re going to give it our best and hopefully our best would be enough to try and get Trinidad and Tobago football at a level that I think we should be at.

“I think it’s important that everybody understands that we need to stop looking just beneath our nose because this needs to be a long term development plan in the end. I’m just delighted to be here,” he declared.

Discussing casually the style of football he hopes to incorporate, Lawrence, who worked under Spanish coach Roberto Martinez at Wigan Athletic and Everton in the English Premier League, said: “I hope to implement football that would make Trinidad and Tobago fans and Trinidad and Tobago people happy.

Make sure that the boys show to the public that we’re out here fighting for the national flag and we’re gonna do our best for the country.” After the ill-fated month-long Saintfiet reign, the T&T job may not have seemed enticing to many but Lawrence said it was not a difficult job to accept as he always wanted to give back to T&T.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:57:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
Martinez applauds Lawrence on new T&T head coach position.
TTFA Media.

Belgium National Team manager Roberto Martinez has issued a note of congratulations and best wishes to Dennis Lawrence on his appointment as Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team.

Martinez, who has played a significant part in grooming Lawrence into the coach he is today, offered his comments on Thursday, saying that he and his staff were delighted for the former Swansea City player.

Lawrence has worked with Martinez for the better part of the past six years years after being hired as a staff member and assistant coach at Wigan Athletic in the English Premiership in 2010. When Martinez took over as head coach at Everton, he took Lawrence with him where he served as  a first team assistant coach between 2013 and 2016. Martinez then made Lawrence a Belgium first team scout in 2016 after he was appointed as the new manager there.

“Dennis is the perfect fit for the Trinidad and Tobago National team,” Martinez said.

“He will be an inspiration to any young player and current player who can dream of representing their country in a World Cup finals. Dennis enjoyed that dream being a player who always carried the highest standards in everything he did.

“Those standards have been impeccable in the last six seasons working with elite footballers in the Premier League and in the last 5 months at international level with his contribution in the scouting department for the Belgium Red Devils,” the Spain-born Martinez added.

“I know through experience of working with Dennis that his passion and commitment to his role will be exemplary and with the support of the fans of the T&T National team and association, this new era will be very exciting. We are delighted with the appointment and wish Dennis the luck that his work and application deserves,” Martinez concluded.

Last week, former Netherlands, Real Madrid and Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker also commended Lawrence on his latest appointment, wishing him well in his new journey.

Lawrence arrived in Port of Spain on Wednesday night and attended the National Under 20 Men’s Team training match against St Ann’s Rangers at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Thursday. He met with staff members of the TTFA at its offices on Friday and will be unveiled at a media conference on Monday.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »
Lawrence calls for total support.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Dennis Lawrence, the new T&T football coach has described T&T’s chances of qualifying for the FIFA World Cup in Russia next year as difficult but not impossible.

Lawrence arrived at the Piarco International Airport on Wednesday night. He who got the nod for the high profile coaching job ahead of a competitive field that included Terry Fenwick, the ex Central FC coach, Colombian Francisco Maturana, W Connection coach Stuart Charles Fevrier and Russell Latapy, said he intends to play a brand of football that will be pleasing to the public.

He did not elaborate on whether it will be a short-passing, long-passing game or a combination of the two, but said all will have to be on the same page if the country is to achieve results in the game. “I am happy to be back home” noting he has always said that he wanted to give back to his country in the past.

He will hold a press conference at a date to be announced soon and at that time he will reveal who his assistant coaches will be.

T&T is second from bottom on the standing having started the Final Round of qualification with losses to Costa Rica 0-2 at home and later Honduras 1-3 away. The results have led to the dismissal of then coach Stephen Hart and the appointment of Belgian Tom Saintfiet as his replacement. But Tom lasted just 35 days in the job before resigning, saying he did not get the support from the TTFA and its president.

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence: This needs to be long term.
T&T Newsday Reports.

New national head coach Dennis Lawrence arrived in this country on Wednesday night and was greeted by a swarm of reporters and a number of curious onlookers. Speaking to the media briefly after his flight from Gatwick, England, the former T&T defender said he was happy to be home but was evasive when questioned about how the length of his contract.

Ironically, a few minutes prior, TTFA president David John-Williams strolled past the throng of media gathered but was grilled by the local flag man who asked him whether he had given Lawrence the same ultimatum he had given his predecessor Tom Saintfiet - get four points from the next two World Cup qualifiers vs Panama and Mexico in March or be fired.

John-Williams just smiled.

Lawrence, asked how long he will be here for, replied: “I am here for the duration. I am here to work. I think it is important that if you want to work properly with the boys, you need to be here so I’m going to based in here basically.” Asked specifically whether it was for the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers alone or beyond, Lawrence stressed, “I’m here.

I’m home. I’m home to work.” Earlier, the ex-defender nicknamed “Tallest” due to his 6-foot, 6-inches frame, hinted that he has signed on for the long haul not necessarily a quick fix to get T&T ’s 2018 World Cup campaign on track.

“Obviously I’m delighted to be home at the moment and looking forward to get the work started. We all understand it is going to be a difficult challenge but one that is not impossible.

We’re going to give it our best and hopefully our best would be enough to try and get Trinidad and Tobago football at a level that I think we should be at.

“I think it’s important that everybody understands that we need to stop looking just beneath our nose because this needs to be a long term development plan in the end. I’m just delighted to be here,” he declared.

Discussing casually the style of football he hopes to incorporate, Lawrence, who worked under Spanish coach Roberto Martinez at Wigan Athletic and Everton in the English Premier League, said: “I hope to implement football that would make Trinidad and Tobago fans and Trinidad and Tobago people happy.

Make sure that the boys show to the public that we’re out here fighting for the national flag and we’re gonna do our best for the country.” After the ill-fated month-long Saintfiet reign, the T&T job may not have seemed enticing to many but Lawrence said it was not a difficult job to accept as he always wanted to give back to T&T.
Hahaha DJW cyah ketch ah break boy lol Well done Flag Man for showing up de imps LOL

1]; } ?>