March 28, 2024, 06:21:45 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 116002 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2018, 10:53:44 PM »
Never thought I would see the day a TTFA media release referenced gambling ratios.

You know they more than likely cut and paste from a Brit. newspaper.

Resonates the same elsewhere.

"Slightly bizarrely for a national football association, they also give a quick break down of the current betting odds for the job, including other potential candidates."

http://www.wrexham.com/news/reds-managerial-favourite-big-dennis-lawrence-ruled-out-by-trinidad-and-tobago-fa-160122.html

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 06, 2018, 01:01:37 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wrexham's Graham Barrow would relish Dennis Lawrence reunion
« Reply #392 on: December 09, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »
Wrexham's Graham Barrow would relish Dennis Lawrence reunion
bbc.com

Wrexham assistant manager Graham Barrow says it would be "fantastic" to work with Dennis Lawrence again.

The national league side are without a manager following the departure of Sam Ricketts, but Trinidad and Tobago coach Lawrence has been told he cannot talk to Wrexham about the job.

Barrow and Lawrence worked together at Wigan Athletic with manager Roberto Martinez.

"We got on really well and became very good friends," said Barrow.

He admitted he almost went to Trinidad and Tobago with Lawrence when he was appointed head coach last year.

"I did think we would get together again at some stage," said Barrow.

Lawrence played 198 games for Wrexham and is among bookmakers' favourites to replace Ricketts.

Speaking of their time together at Wigan, Barrow said "it was a surprise partnership" and described them as "the unlikely lads".

Barrow added: "I'd be fine working with him.

"I'm sure it would be a good working relationship because it's all about respect in this game and he's got the same respect for me as I have for him.

"We have a good rapport about the game, it would be fantastic for me, but we'll have to wait and see."

Amid speculation of who will become the new manager, Barrow says his immediate focus was on results.

"I just said to the board I wanted to get on with the games and after Tuesday we'll sit down and talk to see what they're up to.

"They have a knack here of picking managers here. This is a big club with so much to offer."

Under Barrow's guidance, Wrexham beat Eastleigh 2-0 on Saturday and go to Newport in an FA Cup second-round reply on Tuesday.

The winners of the all-Welsh tie play Leicester City in the third round from 4-7 January.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2018, 02:59:38 AM »
DJW asks board to offer Lawrence contract extension; members object to email procedure.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams has allegedly asked the local football board to approve a new contract for Soca Warriors head coach Dennis Lawrence.

Lawrence, who took up the National Senior Team post in January 2017, will be out of contract on 31 January 2019; and, on Tuesday, he emerged as the top candidate for the vacant managerial position at Welsh club, Wrexham AFC, which competes a rung below England League Two in the National League.

On Wednesday, the TTFA issued a release stating that “it has no intentions of allowing its current employee, Mr Lawrence, to engage in discussions with [Wrexham] regarding the possibilities of a move” and indicated that Lawrence was “pleased” with its position on the matter.

The missive was unsigned but is believed to have been made by John-Williams. Two days later, the football president finally involved the board in a discussion on the Warriors head coach—and it involved two sentences, sent individually to each member.

“As you are aware [Wrexham] are trying to lure our coach to be their manager,” stated John-Wiliams, in an email. “I am kindly seeking your approval to extend his and his staff’s contracts by two and a half years with the same terms and conditions in the circumstances.”

The proposed extension would mean that Lawrence will remain in charge until near the end of Trinidad and Tobago’s Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign. Remarkably if he were to see out such an contract, Lawrence would become the longest serving head coach in Trinidad and Tobago’s football history.

Only Conrad Braithwaite (1965-67), Zoran Vranes (1994-96), Bertille St Clair (1997-2000) and Stephen Hart (2013-16) are recorded to have lasted more than two consecutive years on the job.

However, TTFA board member Keith Look Loy was displeased that John-Williams, his approach to the board, did not inform his colleagues of the value of Lawrence’s contract or the yardstick by which his performances as coach were to be judged.

And, more to the point, he was aghast that the football president would again try to appoint a head coach by email, just two months after the confusion caused by a similar attempt to select Shawn Cooper as Women’s National Senior Team head coach.

“This is a major decision that requires careful collective consideration of many factors,” stated Look Loy, in an email sent to the entire board. “I caution you to proceed very carefully with this matter, and to call a meeting of the board to discuss this, which would be a major financial commitment by the TTFA—not to mention the technical considerations.”

Fellow board member Collin Partap, who represents the Central Football Association (CFA), echoed Look Loy’s position.

“Dear Mr President, please let us have a special board meeting to discuss this issue of an extension,” stated Partap. “This is a multi-year deal and I think it would be wise to first do a performance appraisal before we discuss this extension. This will tie into whatever plan we have to put Trinidad and Tobago back on the world stage, i.e. World Cup 2022.

“A decision like this cannot be made via email round robin; it is too important.”

Another board member, Pro League CEO Julia Baptiste, said she believed Lawrence deserved an extension but felt it should not be done via email.

“My personal belief is that Mr Lawrence should be given an extension,” stated Baptiste. “However, despite that, I also believe that it is a matter for the board of directors and should be ventilated at that forum before a final decision is made.”

Look Loy, whose FC Santa Rosa club have moved a motion of no confidence in the football president, described John-Williams’ approach to the board over his head coach as another example of his poor leadership.

“This is a multi-million dollar decision that cannot be taken by email from individuals,” said Look Loy. “I don’t what [Lawrence] is making and what are the terms; but you want me to say ‘yes’ by email for a multi-million dollar decision?

“He did not even copy the entire board into the email; he sent it to each member individually. So there was no attempt to even have the most minimal discussion. That is leadership as far as he is concerned and it is ridiculous.”

With the TTFA struggling financially and facing several High Court suits over its failure to satisfy employment contracts, Look Loy urged John-Williams to take a collaborative approach and avoid doing more harm to the local game.

“This is how we end up in problems,” said Look Loy. “We go and make an agreement with someone, we don’t know if we can pay him; and then we end up in problems. The issue here is how we go about our business.

“We need to have a full discussion, we need to have an analysis [of the situation]. But in the jaws of a motion to remove you, you are still moving like you don’t care.

“I am going to be raising it at the reconvened AGM [on Sunday]. This is not leadership.”

John-Williams is likely to be fighting for his own job on Sunday, with a no confidence motion among the tabled items at the TTFA’s reconvened AGM.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 17, 2019, 06:22:00 PM »
WATCH: Head Coach Dennis Lawrence talks about his tenure so far with the Men's Senior Team
https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/dennis-lawrence-on-tenure/article_24ef641c-1aa7-11e9-a6cf-ab95362b1271.html

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2019, 08:54:31 PM »
Somebody what’s app me with a message saying tha DL going to ManU to be a youth coach after the GC. Is this rumour or what?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »
Somebody what’s app me with a message saying tha DL going to ManU to be a youth coach after the GC. Is this rumour or what?
I got the same thing, I think it's a rumor.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2019, 08:32:22 AM »
I got the same thing, I think it's a rumor.

Yes, the person who relay it to me, told me is fake news.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2019, 11:21:32 PM »
4-2-3-1

4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 depending on the circumstances and with a defined interpretation of how and where the '2' move as a unit. Yeah, there will be defensive concerns to be considered regarding width but those are not immensely different from what  we are facing now. Don't necessarily think of the '3' as flat, but as being arced (and it can be arced like a 'u' ish or a 'n' ish depending on the moment in the game).

This may also offer a way of getting Khaleem to the area of the pitch where he's a natural at troubling GKs?

Lots of attacking benefits even if we only get them on counters.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
Doh know nah...being ah advocate for "stretchin d pitch" not a big fan on "narrow" formations especially since I feel levi and or joevin can have plenty joy makin late runs unto diagonal passes behind defenses or into the d box via d cutback zone...also think molino might make ah better false 9, if we really considering dat route....doh feel levi have d um ... awareness for dat role
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:19:53 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »
Two way game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 06, 2019, 01:04:25 PM »
Doh know nah...being ah advocate for "stretchin d pitch" not a big fan on "narrow" formations especially since I feel levi and or joevin can have plenty joy makin late runs unto diagonal passes behind defenses or into the d box via d cutback zone...also think molino might make ah better false 9, if we really considering dat route....doh feel levi have d um ... awareness for dat role

Our football (club included) needs to be more mature than merely exploiting speed and pace and chasing balls. The thing that we need to bring into our DNA is positional play. Not referring to positional discipline but to moving the ball without it necessarily always having to be in advance of us yet the ball and the team still manage to work progressively to the opposing goal. We have lots of speed and pace but it doesn't translate into foregone conclusions.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 06, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »

Our football (club included) needs to be more mature than merely exploiting speed and pace and chasing balls. The thing that we need to bring into our DNA is positional play. Not referring to positional discipline but to moving the ball without it necessarily always having to be in advance of us yet the ball and the team still manage to work progressively to the opposing goal. We have lots of speed and pace but it doesn't translate into foregone conclusions.

agreed.....I am however advocating deploying speed tactically, hence all d zones stretching and angles talk, still though, that would require players to execute on a level higher "than kick d ball so" "chase d ball dey" again it requires positional and tactical awareness not limited understanding how to break lines as well as playing between them aaaaanddd most importantly opposition research.....real opposition research, possible exploits threats etc
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 18, 2019, 04:07:18 AM »
Just viewed Dennis and Leston Paul's presentation to the media regarding the match today.

Kudos to Dennis. His messaging is really good to impressive. With the right magic on the field, DL is going places as his own man. No doubt.

I like the tone he has set. Today we will see how the deliverables fare when the rubber meets the road, but it appears he has set an appropriate psychological frame for the squad.

If we use tradition as a guide, it would appear that LP is among the starting XI.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 04:09:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 18, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »
Ok Seeker,

Ah see yuh doh sleep. A tort I was alone with dat.

What was it that you saw in DL's tone and words to frame a fitting atmosphere?

Wah yus seein that separates DL as his own man, doy?

Just want to see it too, nah ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2019, 03:31:04 PM »
Ok Seeker,

Ah see yuh doh sleep. A tort I was alone with dat.

What was it that you saw in DL's tone and words to frame a fitting atmosphere?

Wah yus seein that separates DL as his own man, doy?

Just want to see it too, nah ;D

Overall, I think he struck the correct tone and posture. He was positive. He rejected what needed to be rejected, rather than merely deflecting (comparisons to the 2006 team). He set clear expectations (win, but not in a "pie in the sky" sense).

His bearing and demeanor struck the right chords and he managed to add a bit of levity as well (PAN starting XI).

Look, it wasn't the most rigorous questioning as would occur with some of the heavyweight nations, but it was handled at a level that eclipsed some of the interactions I've seen.

The key thing though is what he transmits to the players. Put it like this, politicians are coached how to engage the media because some of the simplest questions can trip them up. But they also need to set the tone and project authority. Coaches need to master this task too. I listened to the questions and construed instinctive responses in my head as to what the response should be and I found DL provided a high percentage response rate of what should be said. He picked the sword he would die with and went with it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:55:35 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
Cool thanks.

Yes I thought he was lil more composed this rounds.

Japan ask some tough questions
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »
THIS IS PURE SHIT. WE CANNOT BEAT ANYONE IN THIS GROUP AND WE WOULD BE KNOCKED OUT. GOOD JOB LAWERENCE
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 07:24:18 PM by grskywalker »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2019, 07:29:39 PM »
What have Lawrence been doing with this team all this time?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 18, 2019, 07:32:48 PM »
Sorry but NOTHING Lawrence has done since he took over has impressed me and his record as T&T coach is very poor. After watching that game against Panama, and keep in mind this is a tournament game for Gold cup I still cannot figure out or understand what is Denis strategy to make this team into a winning team and have them ready to compete at a high level for WC qualification. He has been a failure!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pro League problems for Lawrence
« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2019, 09:46:09 PM »
Pro League problems for Lawrence
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Dis­ap­point­ed and hurt sum up the way na­tion­al foot­ball coach Den­nis Lawrence feels fol­low­ing a dis­as­trous CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup cam­paign in the Unit­ed States re­cent­ly, but he in­sist­ed Wednes­day that the re­sults are a con­se­quence of the non-func­tion­al T&T Pro League.

At a press con­fer­ence at the Na­tion­al Cy­cling Cen­tre (NCC) in Bal­main, Cou­va, Lawrence said the team faced nu­mer­ous chal­lenges go­ing in­to the tour­na­ment, rang­ing from visa is­sues, a mix-up in the Cana­da friend­ly match which re­sult­ed in in­juries for some of the play­ers be­fore the start of the Gold Cup, poor at­ti­tude by play­ers and a goal-scor­ing prob­lem.

And with the CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League set to kick off in Sep­tem­ber, the T&T coach ad­mit­ted he will be mak­ing a num­ber of changes to his squad, which will in­clude call-ups to new lo­cal and in­ter­na­tion­al play­ers, while at­tempts will al­so be made to se­cure in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match­es against our re­gion­al neigh­bours.

At this year's Gold Cup, the T&T team was beat­en 0-2 in its open­ing match to Pana­ma be­fore a 0-6 rout by the Unit­ed States, which sparked calls for Lawrence to step down as coach. The So­ca War­riors then fin­ished Group D with an­oth­er dis­ap­point­ing 1-1 tie with Guyana.

Lawrence, a for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er, said he called the press con­fer­ence be­cause he want­ed to give the me­dia the op­por­tu­ni­ty to ad­dress its con­cerns to him and not any­one else.

"Foot­ball is a very un­pre­dictable game. If we had man­aged to put in the per­for­mances we did against Thai­land, Iran, Japan, Wales, then prob­a­bly we would have gone fur­ther, but foot­ball is not like that when you go in­to a tour­na­ment. When you go in­to a tour­na­ment, you have to look at it in two ways, do you want to go and sur­vive, or do you want to com­pete and win the tour­na­ment."

He added, "When we went in­to the tour­na­ment, we un­der­stood that one of the biggest chal­lenges we had was that we were not scor­ing goals and we weren't cre­at­ing enough chances. So by hav­ing the op­por­tu­ni­ty to in­tro­duce play­ers like Kevin Moli­no back in­to the fold, it gave us a dif­fer­ent di­men­sion. It al­lowed us more to be on the cre­ative side."

Lawrence said ide­al­ly he would have liked to have a core group of lo­cal play­ers to make up his team, but that broke down with the is­sue of fi­nance which the Pro League has been suf­fer­ing with for the longest while.

In draw­ing ref­er­ence to this, he said: "I was still in Trinidad in the year of 1999 when the Pro League came in­to ex­is­tence. Our core base for the na­tion­al team was a lot of lo­cal play­ers like An­gus Eve, Lyn­don An­drews, Stoke­ly Ma­son, Shur­land David and my­self. And dur­ing that pe­ri­od, we man­aged to do some good things. At one point we were ranked 25th on the FI­FA rank­ings and we won Caribbean Cups at that time, so we saw the ben­e­fits of the Pro League."

He added, "We go to 2016 when the gov­ern­ment's sub­ven­tion was pulled and we saw the league start­ing to strug­gle, the league be­came short­er and I as­sessed it and looked at all our re­sults from 2016 to now. So 2016, no sub­ven­tion, clubs in prob­lems, salary is­sues, all these things. Re­sults start­ed to go in the op­po­site di­rec­tion. In 2017, no sub­ven­tion, short­er leagues, then we go to 2018, the same sit­u­a­tion. In my opin­ion, your na­tion­al pro­grammes are as strong as your league. We are the on­ly coun­try to take part in the Gold Cup that did not have a league."

Due to this, Lawrence said he be­lieves the coun­try's lo­cal foot­ballers are not re­ceiv­ing the amount of foot­ball they need, which is a sad re­al­i­ty of part-time foot­ballers go­ing up against pro­fes­sion­als when they play.

He, how­ev­er, dis­missed con­cerns that T&T did not have the qual­i­ty of play­ers to com­pete with their in­ter­na­tion­al coun­ter­parts, say­ing what our play­ers need is to play more foot­ball.

RELATED NEWS

T&T coach concerned over lack of local football.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

DENNIS Lawrence, coach of the T&T men’s football team, is concerned over the lack of an active league for the local-based players.

The Pro League ended in November and the Super League concluded a month later. However, a proposed T-League (merger of Pro League and Super League) is expected to begin in late August or early September.

At the moment, the local-based players will have to rely mostly on their physical fitness when it comes to competing at the international level.

At a media conference on Wednesday, at the Media Room, National Cricket Centre, Couva, Lawrence reflected on his time with Defence Force, during the infancy of the Pro League (1999-2000) before he embarked on a club career in Britain with Wrexham, Swansea and Crewe Alexandra.

“I’ve been trying to assess T&T football,” Lawrence said. “We go to 2016 and I think that’s when the (government) subvention was pulled.

“The clubs started to struggle, the League period became shorter and then I assessed it and looked at all our results to now.”

He continued, “It’s 2019 and there is not even a league at the moment. The last I’ve heard it’s going to start in August or early September.

My question then remains is it coincidence that the moment that the Pro League is suffering that our national teams, and senior team by extension, the results have started to suffer. My honest opinion is 100 per cent.

Lawrence said, “Your national programmes are as strong as your leagues.

We were the only country to take part in the Gold Cup that did not have a league.

“I feel sorry for the local (based) players because, eventually, you start looking at foreign (based players who are) given an opportunity because (they’re) playing in an active league compared to the local players,” added the TT coach. “What we find ourselves doing is selecting a player based on potentially what he can do and not what he’s actively doing.”

Lawrence revealed that the quartet of Shahdon Winchester (striker), Jomal Williams and Akeem Humphrey (both midfielders) and Curtis Gonzales (defender), who were part of the 23-man TT team at the Gold Cup, suffered as a result.

The T&T coach admitted that both himself and TT Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams met with the Pro League executive in January, to explain how important it was to get the season started in March.

“It was then explained to me why that was going to be a challenge and it reverted back to financial difficulties and no government subventions,” Lawrence said. “I have to accept it.”

The former T&T central defender said that he is yet to have a say in the proposed T-League.

“There was a commission put in place to discuss the new league,” noted the T&T coach. “I wasn’t even consulted or asked anything about my opinion.”

Lawrence will be turning his focus towards the resumption of the Concacaf Nations League in September.

“The only thing we can do is continue to train and prepare these boys as best as we can,” he said.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:49:12 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2019, 09:59:10 PM »
WATCH: Dennis Lawrence talks to the media in the aftermath of Trinidad and Tobago's disappointing performance at the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup (Pt. 1)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ORwZwQFdWB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ORwZwQFdWB4</a>

WATCH: Dennis Lawrence's post Gold Cup press conference (Pt. 2)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ShHdLnE1_ts" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ShHdLnE1_ts</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 04, 2019, 04:21:00 AM »
It sounds like DL and DJW is partners now they better not let this guy get reelected.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 04, 2019, 07:53:02 AM »
It sounds like DL and DJW is partners now they better not let this guy get reelected.

So you now know that DJW is in charge of the TTFA. DJW has to be removed to restart the organization. The sad thing is, I have some sympathy for DL because a lot was he said about getting the right players is true. But you are judged by wins and losses. DL stats are abysmal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 04, 2019, 08:03:22 AM »

In my opin­ion, your na­tion­al pro­grammes are as strong as your league. We are the on­ly coun­try to take part in the Gold Cup that did not have a league."

he only picked 3 local player in this squad i think phillips winchester a defender forgot his name .. all the rest were foreign . And its the same team he has been picking for the last 2 years

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 04, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »

In my opin­ion, your na­tion­al pro­grammes are as strong as your league. We are the on­ly coun­try to take part in the Gold Cup that did not have a league."

he only picked 3 local player in this squad i think phillips winchester a defender forgot his name .. all the rest were foreign . And its the same team he has been picking for the last 2 years
dont mind this turkey. he’s blaming the local league for his woes yet he hand picked two local inactive goalies ( according ti him) to play infront of an active MLS goalie who’s active as we speak with his club. this man have no shame. he should just admit that he’s incapable and step aside and give another coach a crack at it.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 04, 2019, 09:51:47 AM »

This guy is being deceptive I can't ever remember the core of the NT being pro league players it seems he has now joined forces with DJW.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 04, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »
Maybe I missed it but who's the player DL that had issues in the camp? He making seem like public knowledge.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 04, 2019, 11:51:20 AM »

So you now know that DJW is in charge of the TTFA. DJW has to be removed to restart the organization. The sad thing is, I have some sympathy for DL because a lot was he said about getting the right players is true. But you are judged by wins and losses. DL stats are abysmal.

The same rationale used to hang the U23s out to dry can be applied to refute DL's claims regarding the Gold Cup. In life we all live with the hands we are dealt and the issue of accountability is always relevant.

Also, there is a difference between mitigating circumstances (those things which we would weigh as tempering the critique of the coach) and exculpatory circumstances (things which would render the outcome not the coach's responsibility or exonerate the coach of responsibility in the outcome).

DJW and DL are obviously circling their wagons, but it's a fairly small circle.

There is no exonerating DL's role here. Cannavaro had two matches with China and then had to say goodie bye bye. DL has had 10 times that. Cannavaro is not the only example of a NT coach having to face the music under imperfect circumstances. Say goodbye, Dennis. This is a job you will/can get again down the road, but by lingering on the doorsteps at the Ato Boldon, you're actually contributing to a diminishing of standards at the federation ... and that says a lot where new depths have already been ploughed by the Big Man at de Ato. Be a patriot and go. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:00:48 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 04, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
How­ev­er, Lawrence took of­fence to calls head­ed by Look Loy, a for­mer na­tion­al play­er and coach, for him to step down, say­ing, "Had I tak­en his ad­vice then, I wouldn't be where I am to­day. When I was 15-years-old, that was the same guy who said to me, you would not make it in foot­ball. I didn't take his ad­vice then.

In 1998, while serv­ing as Joe Pub­lic's Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor, that team was beat­en 8-0 by DC Unit­ed in the CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­ons Cup, but he (Look Loy) did not re­sign then, in­stead, he got an­oth­er pro­mo­tion."

Ac­cord­ing to Lawrence, Look Loy, the for­mer FC San­ta Rosa coach, was al­so ap­point­ed man­ag­er of the coun­try's youth teams in 1999, where, in three con­sec­u­tive games the side was beat­en by six goals, but still he was pro­mot­ed a sec­ond time to the coun­try's se­nior team as an as­sis­tant, where there were al­so un­favourable re­sults.

Dis­ap­point­ed by Look Loy's in­sis­tence that he is not the man for the T&T coach­ing job, Lawrence said Look Loy was then el­e­vat­ed to the po­si­tion of tech­ni­cal ad­vis­er and ap­point­ed a Ger­man coach who failed to get T&T to the Hex stage of the World Cup Qual­i­fiers.

Yuh see this is why  he not stepping down
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:25:25 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>