March 28, 2024, 11:52:11 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 116045 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Dennis Lawrence was complicit as well, he needs to ride out
« Reply #510 on: December 02, 2019, 04:00:33 AM »
Remember the players put together a list of coaches they want to play for. If memory serves me right, Hart was top of the list. That should tell us something about the rapport that Hart had with the players.

Bringing Hart back is the most logical move. Discussions are already taking place. Hart has a lot of character. An educated man. He did not go after the TTFA for more money because he did not want to burn the bridge.. My guess is that we should hear his status soon. If he wasn't interested in returning, we would have heard that by now.
if memory serves me well then not all the players were unhappy with hart’s departure, I remember molino having problems with hart in the end both him a mikel Williams and corn curls peltier, actually I think the camp was split down the middle with those who wanted him gone and those who actually wanted him to remain, I think hart was also losing the dressing room with some mischief making going on in the camp.

Molino hasn’t done anything for our national team... Cummings was the blessing, Williams was ok, we have other defenders better, peltier ain’t winning games for us, so I could say goodbye to all of them tbh

Akeem, and others can replace them tbh
you're always on about Cummings but tell me how many goals did he score for us? I remember he was benched quite a few games by steven hart himself, it’s true the lad had some skills but to act like he was the next coming or even an instant game changer would be stretching it. keron was a nice addition to the team. he knew how to pass he had some speed and a football brain, but the lad will never play for us again so why even mention him?

um given time Cummings coulda been to us, what firmino is to liverpool, he had what many of our other attacking players never showed "naturally", hustle, real hustle, look at some of his highlights and see how many chances came of his press and hustle....he was being integrated slowly but he had real impact when he played most times. sad loss really
i totally agree the lad was a nice addition to the team great find, but contro is saying that he replaced molino when he was injured and that we don’t need molino anymore when nothing could be further from the truth. one of the reasons why lawrence had such a goal drought the last two years was because molino was absent due to injury, if contro would go back and look he would see that molino was our only goal scorer for years now, who else was banging them in?

ATM we just can’t afford to part with such a player both him and jovin jones. we don’t have attacking players who could run the length of the field like molino and score.....telfer maybe....but the jury is still out on him and he’s yet to prove his worth. right now if we don’t secure a whole back line or at least get two good center halves and a couple of goal scorers.....from god knows where, then we’re toast.

I don't think he replaces Molino, they are different types of creative outlets, molino has "educated" feet, joevin too.......pess was ah disruptive force physically that created through the causing of chaos.....molino and joevin have undeniable talent but they are not truly disruptive to opposing defenses except through passing, Molino is a good runner but I don't consider that to be his "weapon", passing and positional awareness definitely

Educated feet that really did nothing for our national team

I would play Cummings right now over Molino, Lawrence didn’t call up Cummings bc that would mean having a much more effective creative mid back in the line up... DL was complicit..

Molino is a good club player and average national player, Cummings is above average, I don’t know if you watched the video of Cummings last year but he would be in my team and SH if he returns, he will make his way back into the starting line up again

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #511 on: December 02, 2019, 04:09:54 AM »
Seems like a timely moment to use the 2018 First Citizens as a reference point to remind us all who we are talking about.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iGs7HtTquUo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iGs7HtTquUo</a>

Boom! Yuh cyah seriously compare anyone on the T&T scene with this player.

Exactly seeker  :beermug:

And yet he couldn’t make Lawrence team  :D

Sabotage written all over it

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 02, 2019, 04:31:21 AM »
He would compliment molino's much better than replace him.....they might work as 8s in 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1, Molino can't work if what in front of him won't occupy the correct spaces or make the appropriate runs he is NOT a physical player in the greatest sense. His own club coach once said he wished Molino would be more selfish but dat is not d man game, he's a provider is not he fault what in front of him can't play to his strengths
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:33:39 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #513 on: December 02, 2019, 10:26:42 PM »
He would compliment molino's much better than replace him.....they might work as 8s in 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1, Molino can't work if what in front of him won't occupy the correct spaces or make the appropriate runs he is NOT a physical player in the greatest sense. His own club coach once said he wished Molino would be more selfish but dat is not d man game, he's a provider is not he fault what in front of him can't play to his strengths

Tbh brother, I fine real people on here does make excuses for Molino and his poor form at intl level..

Molino would compliment him, not the other way around, I would have to see that to believe it in a friendly where Hart would experiment with that strategy... even worse is hyland, I hope he sticks to club football and stop taking another better players place on the squad ...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2019, 06:59:05 AM »

Tbh brother, I fine real people on here does make excuses for Molino and his poor form at intl level..

Molino would compliment him, not the other way around, I would have to see that to believe it in a friendly where Hart would experiment with that strategy... even worse is hyland, I hope he sticks to club football and stop taking another better players place on the squad ...
better player like who to take hyland’s place? you seem to forget that we are not producing prospects like we used too. tell me what exciting player we have atm coming through the pipe line? the last players we had that got us really excited was levi garcia and he turned out to be a hoax. i recall the optimism when garcia was selected for the senior team and when he scored on his debut, boy i remember people were making cartwheels and celebrating the arrival of a messiah only to find out six months later that it was a fluke.

as for molino, that man has 21 international goals. he won a golden boot at the caribbean cup, he won two USL titles as a forward and was the only trinidad born player from the pro league who went to the USL and made the upgrade to the MLS, everyone else either went back home or to India or thailand. and I dare say that had he not been injured at all that lad would have made it to a big european league, remember oto fister called him million dollar legs and he was right because molino is still our only goal scorer so far, and if he doesn’t score no one else steps up, so stop hating on the lad. he’s the real deal.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 03, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
better player like who to take hyland’s place? you seem to forget that we are not producing prospects like we used too. tell me what exciting player we have atm coming through the pipe line? the last players we had that got us really excited was levi garcia and he turned out to be a hoax. i recall the optimism when garcia was selected for the senior team and when he scored on his debut, boy i remember people were making cartwheels and celebrating the arrival of a messiah only to find out six months later that it was a fluke.

Just to jump in on this - I was telling someone the other day that Leon Bailey and Levi Garcia were similar when in their teens. We've had prospects that could have done well, but they don't pan out once the competitive pressure of SSFL goes away. SSFL doesn't give professional training or a particularly difficult level compared to the professional game, but it does motivate and drive them to improve.

This is why a properly functioning Pro League is so essential, and in its absence, why I bang on the drum of getting these kids abroad. Their careers die a death on the islands as there's no challenge - you become better by playing better opposition.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2019, 07:37:05 PM »

Just to jump in on this - I was telling someone the other day that Leon Bailey and Levi Garcia were similar when in their teens. We've had prospects that could have done well, but they don't pan out once the competitive pressure of SSFL goes away. SSFL doesn't give professional training or a particularly difficult level compared to the professional game, but it does motivate and drive them to improve.

This is why a properly functioning Pro League is so essential, and in its absence, why I bang on the drum of getting these kids abroad. Their careers die a death on the islands as there's no challenge - you become better by playing better opposition.

d thing is and sometimes ah does get push back for this, but we don't train/create defenders in this country, and worse we don't put proper ballers in defense a lot of d time, in the last iteration of U17 and u20 WCQ the defenders save luke singh were mediocre at best, god awful at worst at ball progression whether passing or carrying the ball and all pure shit at actual defending..........putting sub par players in defense is a common occurrence in trini and I stand by dat, worst yet we don't put any focus on mental toughness.....nutten does "done" d confidence of ah defender in trini faster than ah "stink shake" and takin on d attendant laughter especially in SSFL......I see players at both SSFL and NT youth level get deflated after ah "stink shake" and proceed to avoid and step off skillful players of of pure fear of embarrassment. getting "shake" is part ah d wuk and it have training to help players improve on not getting "shake".........ah say all dat shit jus to make d point dat Levi really never face ah proper defender until he leave these shores and that if yuh pay attention....REALLY pay attention, his movement patterns are quite predictable on the dribble.....ah thirtysumting year old american fullback had Levi in he back pocket, good training and no fear of getting "shake" cause dat. yuh hadda play Levi like how pep does play Raheem keep him wide and drop him in behind let go direct with speed and shoot .......or cutback(he selfish AF though so... :P), beyond dat, he ent really causing no issue for proper defenders or defensive units.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:01:33 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2019, 03:07:35 AM »
Strongly agree about defenders - when I pick my teams at youth football the Centre back is the most important position on the pitch - can't win a game if they walk through you every 5 minutes. It should be a position of leadership and calm, but our recent results show the flip side of that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »

d thing is and sometimes ah does get push back for this, but we don't train/create defenders in this country, and worse we don't put proper ballers in defense a lot of d time, in the last iteration of U17 and u20 WCQ the defenders save luke singh were mediocre at best, god awful at worst at ball progression whether passing or carrying the ball and all pure shit at actual defending..........putting sub par players in defense is a common occurrence in trini and I stand by dat, worst yet we don't put any focus on mental toughness.....nutten does "done" d confidence of ah defender in trini faster than ah "stink shake" and takin on d attendant laughter especially in SSFL......I see players at both SSFL and NT youth level get deflated after ah "stink shake" and proceed to avoid and step off skillful players of of pure fear of embarrassment. getting "shake" is part ah d wuk and it have training to help players improve on not getting "shake".........ah say all dat shit jus to make d point dat Levi really never face ah proper defender until he leave these shores and that if yuh pay attention....REALLY pay attention, his movement patterns are quite predictable on the dribble.....ah thirtysumting year old american fullback had Levi in he back pocket, good training and no fear of getting "shake" cause dat. yuh hadda play Levi like how pep does play Raheem keep him wide and drop him in behind let go direct with speed and shoot .......or cutback(he selfish AF though so... :P), beyond dat, he ent really causing no issue for proper defenders or defensive units.
:thumbsup:  why i believe lacking in football development (in TT), even in my time(40 yrs ago) has been mental strength, and confidence building, at all positions, especially defense. The skill and technical ability is there, but application and direction is not consistent. As Tiresais states, it has been my defense mental strengthening was my 1st task in coaching youths.
nb. I coached competitive and semi-pro adults before i had the opportunity to coach kids. So coaching the kids gave me an opportunity to see where real development could occur and have a greater impact on making the senior player. The coaching of the senior player was more management and working with what you had. The real coaching was with the young men and women. I found it more challenging  especially with the varying differences in mindsets, and social and economic backgrounds. Some kids were natural and some needed more work, some were willing to try their best, and some just didn't want to be there. I termed my success not just on competitive results, but on  attitudes and participation of each individual at the end of season.  :D And how many Timmies coffee gift cards I received at end of season. In TT back then - and i'm sure it's better now- we got buff from coach and heckled even from closest friends. I felt if I could get 95 + % of the kids to stick with the game and learn to improve, I did well. Although I didn't coach those kids for the last 5 years, my then youth team, entered themselves in adult div 6 local,  3 years ago, and has won , div 5 last year and div 4 this year. None of them were interested in trying at the semi-pro level, however 6 of those guys are presently certified coaches (at 21). I personally felt this method of development although most difficult, was most rewarding for myself, the participants, and the region. Thus this is where we need good coaches.

I was able to observe some valiant efforts and very commendable work by a few coaches in TT. however, most glaring fails were the parental/family support (and discipline) in the young men that needed it most . The coaches were doing the best they could from my point of view.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 01:06:02 PM by maxg »

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2019, 08:44:24 PM »
maxg ! were in Canada you coach if you still do and what age ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 05, 2019, 10:36:37 AM »
maxg ! were in Canada you coach if you still do and what age ?
No. Haven't been involved for the last 3 years. Family commitments (swimmers personal driver  ;D ). Montreal and regions. Snr : NDG, Lachine men and women,Mtl  Ramblers (Semipro), Dorval women(Div 1- Ntl Champs), Pointe-Claire women (Div 2), Hilltoppers (fete match team) .   Youths: Pointe Claire : 10 to 14 yr olds - House league, lastly, 15 to 18 yr old -  Intercity. All volunteer.
I do miss it a lot doh. I see a lot greater physical talent in both Ontario and Quebec players today than a few years ago - i go to local games as much as time permits. However, the amount of distractions today's kids undergo, I think it difficult for them to keep focused, understandably in my own opinion. Not just in football but in many endeavors.  The real world and life kinda gets in the way, and thus , especially at the youth levels, requires parents to take a greater role. Not in participation but in support and off field development. This support is definitely more prevalent in North America than in TT, depending on the individual socio-economic status ( as opined in a few post awhile back).

ps: One person I had learned quite a bit from, although we hardly ever talk football was SH. Lot's of respect for his knowledge and observations, yet still quite down to earth. Unfortunately, our few hook ups was his downtime, and I didn't want to stress him with questions, so we talk beers. Like showing a doctor yuh rash at a soca fete. :D
2 influential coaches i had was Rugged Tom(deceased) and Conrad Douglas (Barbados).  The last football brain I have met was asylumseeker. I miss our chats, over beers of course.

Those mentioned I believe could significantly contribute to Caribbean football, if things were different organizationally, financially and Trini locals were more welcoming. We have a lot of knowledgable guys outside in US and Canada, but given the state of our Association and local bias, they are more encouraged and awarded to assist in development of North Americans. As they current saying goes "it is what it is".
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 01:18:28 PM by maxg »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 05, 2019, 03:41:12 PM »
:thumbsup:  why i believe lacking in football development (in TT), even in my time(40 yrs ago) has been mental strength, and confidence building, at all positions, especially defense. The skill and technical ability is there, but application and direction is not consistent. As Tiresais states, it has been my defense mental strengthening was my 1st task in coaching youths.
nb. I coached competitive and semi-pro adults before i had the opportunity to coach kids. So coaching the kids gave me an opportunity to see where real development could occur and have a greater impact on making the senior player. The coaching of the senior player was more management and working with what you had. The real coaching was with the young men and women. I found it more challenging  especially with the varying differences in mindsets, and social and economic backgrounds. Some kids were natural and some needed more work, some were willing to try their best, and some just didn't want to be there. I termed my success not just on competitive results, but on  attitudes and participation of each individual at the end of season.  :D And how many Timmies coffee gift cards I received at end of season. In TT back then - and i'm sure it's better now- we got buff from coach and heckled even from closest friends. I felt if I could get 95 + % of the kids to stick with the game and learn to improve, I did well. Although I didn't coach those kids for the last 5 years, my then youth team, entered themselves in adult div 6 local,  3 years ago, and has won , div 5 last year and div 4 this year. None of them were interested in trying at the semi-pro level, however 6 of those guys are presently certified coaches (at 21). I personally felt this method of development although most difficult, was most rewarding for myself, the participants, and the region. Thus this is where we need good coaches.

I was able to observe some valiant efforts and very commendable work by a few coaches in TT. however, most glaring fails were the parental/family support (and discipline) in the young men that needed it most . The coaches were doing the best they could from my point of view.

nice read this, one of the things I admired about beeny time in trinidad was the installing of a never say die attitude, we never seemed to lose our nerve when we went behind under him...we saw some of dat with Hart but it all fell flat after you know who......apart from maybe MAYBE Gally, was 10-11 back then so don't know, I have never seen our coaches truly evoke fiery spirits in our players.....I remember us falling behind with beeny as coach in games and shrugging it off because you just knew the team would fight....my question is how are Local coaches in never able to light dat fire in our players, it can't be dat foreigners jus get more respect jus because, I have often theorized dat we penchant for negative reinforcement is what does cause, nremember one of our lady ballers stating that Shabazz often used insults to drive performance, but then d german lady also did dat so.....

I would have liked to get into coaching loved the sport since before I could walk :P, but CP made it impossible to play competitively though I could play for fun and in our culture CP also makes you not get taken seriously when you say, coaching, would like to try that, have ideas for a very data driven approach to d idea,but d looks I does get....

anyways thanks for sharing yuh history
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:43:18 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 05, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

nice read this, one of the things I admired about beeny time in trinidad was the installing of a never say die attitude, we never seemed to lose our nerve when we went behind under him...we saw some of dat with Hart but it all fell flat after you know who......apart from maybe MAYBE Gally, was 10-11 back then so don't know, I have never seen our coaches truly evoke fiery spirits in our players.....I remember us falling behind with beeny as coach in games and shrugging it off because you just knew the team would fight....my question is how are Local coaches in never able to light dat fire in our players, it can't be dat foreigners jus get more respect jus because, I have often theorized dat we penchant for negative reinforcement is what does cause, nremember one of our lady ballers stating that Shabazz often used insults to drive performance, but then d german lady also did dat so.....

I would have liked to get into coaching loved the sport since before I could walk :P, but CP made it impossible to play competitively though I could play for fun and in our culture CP also makes you not get taken seriously when you say, coaching, would like to try that, have ideas for a very data driven approach to d idea,but d looks I does get....

what is CP, don’t tell me you have cerebral pulsy?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 05, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »

yep!! difficult pregnancy may have lost some ox during labour
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 05:06:55 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 05, 2019, 08:49:40 PM »

respect brother ! and all the best . I was hoping you was still involved and in the Toronto area. lol

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 05, 2019, 08:50:47 PM »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 06, 2019, 01:19:02 PM »
Hart is the best option now. Given then state of TTFA, his familiarity of the players the culture and the processes, he's probably the best option. The learning curve will be too high for any other coach.

Since Hart's departure, Wallace and him have kept in communication. A reliable source has told me that the two of them have communicated more frequently since Wallace won the election.

I expect an announcement soon about DLs future. I dont see him in the coaching position after January.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2019, 03:32:30 AM »

yep!! difficult pregnancy may have lost some ox during labour
hey mate, please forgive me for my appalling conduct recently especially attack you and you family. I feel terrible.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 07, 2019, 03:36:15 AM »
Hart is the best option now. Given then state of TTFA, his familiarity of the players the culture and the processes, he's probably the best option. The learning curve will be too high for any other coach.

Since Hart's departure, Wallace and him have kept in communication. A reliable source has told me that the two of them have communicated more frequently since Wallace won the election.

I expect an announcement soon about DLs future. I dont see him in the coaching position after January.
say it’s not so. yes hart was familiar with the players and the team but this should be no reason to hire a coach. if we get a coach by January he will have enough time to familiarize himself with the players, I’ve witness Coaches work miracles with way less time.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 07, 2019, 04:58:02 AM »
I have never seen our coaches truly evoke fiery spirits in our players.....I remember us falling behind with beeny as coach in games and shrugging it off because you just knew the team would fight....my question is how are Local coaches in never able to light dat fire in our players, it can't be dat foreigners jus get more respect jus because, I have often theorized dat we penchant for negative

Lefty, a lot of what you say is true, but from my experience, Coaches could get good response from their Trini players. The problems is when the players put everything into the game, and then they get a pat on their backs, a box of chicken chips and a Solo. Trinis will fight tooth and nail for you, but when you bullshit them, they will bullshit you. So here is my experience.

So the 1974 youth get pick. Alvin is coach, Roderick Warner is the trainer assistance coach. Alvin had gotten his FA coaching badge a year or two before(the only person the Caribbean at the time). Roderick had just come back from Australia. He had gotten a PE scholarship and went there for 2 years. The two of them went about preparing the team in such a way, that we believe that we could beat anybody. Alvin relayed his experience with the national team in team meeting and when we were in relax situations(driving in the cars or buses to and from games). He talked about the 67 PanAm games team being being given no chance in the first round(grouped with Mexico, Argentina, Colombia) and went thru to the second round. He also pointed out how not to be complacent. He mentioned how when they played Bermuda and lost, was due to complacency on their part.

So when  we grouped with Mexico, CR and PR, we knew we had to be on point or is a early return home. Roderick had us in top shape. Any messed up on our part came with constructive team meetings. Players were rebuked, but not in disparaging ways. They spoke to us in a firm and mature manner.  So when we went on the field we put everything on the line. Even the game we lost to Cuba, we were in it all the way. We were even in possession, but the Cubans put away their chances, we did not. It was a disappointment.

I remembered TT playing Netherland Antilles in an Olympic games and lost 3-0 in Curacao, and the return in the QPO won 4-0. So I asked Lincoln Philips about those games, and how the recovered to win the second one. Lincoln said that they had a hard time adjusted to the bumpy  field and the strong wind blowing across the stadium. But on the return to the Oval, Conrad Braithwaithe had them ready. They won 4-0.

So players performances have a lot to do with how the association treat them. They players  give their all. But when the promises fall thru, there is that inevitable tipping point.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:09:16 AM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 07, 2019, 05:46:43 AM »
hey mate, please forgive me for my appalling conduct recently especially attack you and you family. I feel terrible.
Dread I not no beacon of civility so when I pop off I wouldn't want people to hold their tongues because I disabled, except if yuh target disability, and family stuff is ah common go too I does be guilty of it too at times.

I don't hold no brief for d player, he jus not d main problem and thought yuh was dumping on him unfairly given d big picture, as for what was said, water off ah duck back, doh study it, I does walk run jump, do shit dat I shouldn't even attempt in d past, is not ah crutch for me, jus mih reality,again, doh study it :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 04:11:09 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 07, 2019, 06:37:42 AM »
Dread I not no beacon of civility so when I pop off I wouldn't want people to hold their tongues because I disabled, except if yuh target disability, and family stuff is ah common go too I does be guilty of it too at times.

I don't hold no brief for d player, he jus not d main problem and thought yuh was dumping on him unfairly given d big picture, as for what was said, water off ah duck back, doh study it, I does walk run jump, do shit dat I shouldn't even attempt in d past, is not ah crutch for me, jus mih reality,again, doh study it

I love this...yeah

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #532 on: December 08, 2019, 04:27:47 AM »

Prayers with you bro.... :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #533 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:26 AM »

Best news so far brother.... :beermug:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2019, 01:28:21 PM »

Best news so far brother.... :beermug:

The TTFA is putting together their board of directors. The aim is to complete this in December. Once that is done, firing and hiring can take place. So January sounds right for an announcement.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »
What were the elected officers expected to do this week? Pitch marbles, sit on their hands? No one should have left that meeting on Sunday until there was either (1) a fully constituted Board or (2) a resolution or general agreement that the elected officers could proceed with the business effective immediately (as contemplated in the Constitution) until such time as the fully constituted Board would be established.

All this grumbling that is taking place should have been responsive to either of the above. The zones need to get their houses in order. This deficiency rests on the outgoing administration because the election took place under its watch and from the inception failed to comply with the timelines specified in the Constitution.

I appreciate the ultra vires concern but to equate and compare the nature of the activities that have occurred during the course of this week, with the type of unilateral ultra vires actions with which DJW engaged as president, is to be incredulously disingenuous. Here you have multilateral collective activity with informed transparency versus activity that lacked absolute consensus and that only came to light through the penetration of those dedicated to bringing sunshine to the covering efforts of the autocrat. Lehwe not make a mockery of the thing with out of context detractions.

I think the majority of the stakeholders have welcomed the access restrictions placed on the TTFA accounts on the timeline that they occurred because immediacy provided the best guarantee of integrity ... not waiting until such time as the zones get their asses in gear. They had been on notice of what they needed to do for WEEKS!

“They cannot wait on a board to do that. If you are responsible you have to act.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »
I am trying to understand what the big cry is about. WW and the TTFA are  between a rock and a hard place. They want to make things as transparent as possible, while creating the board and other entities. We said that DJW was dictatorial. He did things without approval of the board. Ironically WW had to act on some important things without the board tacit approval. Those are the temporary freezing of all bank accounts, league of champion, U-15 withdrawal from the league and temporary closing of the House of football. I don't see a problem with any of those things.  What we really needs to see is the make up of the board. And how WW interact with the board members. Right now WW is trying to move cautiously. Let's see how things go after the board is selected.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »
Both sell outs are gone now

Hart reinstatement and Jones out of retirement needs to happen

Ranjitsingh and other keeper in Europe to be in squad with Cummings and Jones etc

It’s coming together

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »
Both sell outs are gone now

Hart reinstatement and Jones out of retirement needs to happen

Ranjitsingh and other keeper in Europe to be in squad with Cummings and Jones etc

It’s coming together

KJ said he requires surgery to even attempt to play at that level. He also said that that not happening. Leave the man in his retirement

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>