April 16, 2024, 11:15:52 AM

Author Topic: Marc Gangia Thread.  (Read 618 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Marc Gangia Thread.
« on: February 08, 2024, 07:55:17 AM »
Denmark-born Marc Gangia elated to join Soca Warriors.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

AFTER watching the Soca Warriors play at the 2006 Fifa World Cup, Denmark-born Marc Gangia is now getting the chance to train with the T&T men's senior football team.

Gangia, 26, is eligible to play for T&T through his father.

Gangia, who is a striker for Dalum IF in the fifth tier of Danish football, spoke to the media during a Soca Warriors training session at Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar, Arima yesterday. T&T are preparing for a Conmebol Copa America qualifier against Canada on March 23 in Frisco, Texas.

"It is a big opportunity hopefully to be a part of," Gangia said. "It is a big step for the country if we could qualify for the (2026) World Cup and also in the summer (Copa tournament). It is a big match ahead in Canada, so we will see if we could get through. It is nice to be here."

Gangia has visited T&T before.

"This is probably my fifth time now. My dad has a lot of family here, so we have been here a couple of times."

He has fond memories of the Soca Warriors. "I remember from the 06 World Cup and also following the (English) Premier League (with T&T footballers) Dwight Yorke and Kenwyne Jones and players like that."

Gangia made the decision a decade ago to play for T&T, but the process has been a lengthy one.

"Approximately ten years ago it started, but it has been a long process with the passports and all those kinds of things."

He is settling down at the training camp, saying, "The weather is hot compared to Denmark so there is a transition I have to get used to, but I think the boys have been nice and taking good care of me, so it has been good so far."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Marc Gangia Thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 08:15:29 AM »
Since 2017 he's been trying to get a T&T passport.

Another possibly forced omission was Denmark-born central midfielder Marc Gangia, who had been trying to get a Trinidad and Tobago passport just before the team (TT U-20) left for a pre-tournament tour in Colombia.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Marcus868

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 08:27:53 AM »
Denmark-born Marc Gangia elated to join Soca Warriors.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

AFTER watching the Soca Warriors play at the 2006 Fifa World Cup, Denmark-born Marc Gangia is now getting the chance to train with the T&T men's senior football team.

Gangia, 26, is eligible to play for T&T through his father.

Gangia, who is a striker for Dalum IF in the fifth tier of Danish football, spoke to the media during a Soca Warriors training session at Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar, Arima yesterday. T&T are preparing for a Conmebol Copa America qualifier against Canada on March 23 in Frisco, Texas.

"It is a big opportunity hopefully to be a part of," Gangia said. "It is a big step for the country if we could qualify for the (2026) World Cup and also in the summer (Copa tournament). It is a big match ahead in Canada, so we will see if we could get through. It is nice to be here."

Gangia has visited T&T before.

"This is probably my fifth time now. My dad has a lot of family here, so we have been here a couple of times."

He has fond memories of the Soca Warriors. "I remember from the 06 World Cup and also following the (English) Premier League (with T&T footballers) Dwight Yorke and Kenwyne Jones and players like that."

Gangia made the decision a decade ago to play for T&T, but the process has been a lengthy one.

"Approximately ten years ago it started, but it has been a long process with the passports and all those kinds of things."

He is settling down at the training camp, saying, "The weather is hot compared to Denmark so there is a transition I have to get used to, but I think the boys have been nice and taking good care of me, so it has been good so far."

He's a striker for that club since 2022 and this is what Wikipedia says about that club:

"In April 2023, Dalum were mentioned among the worst teams of Europe of the 2022–23 season, having recorded 23 losses out of 23 games, 0 points and a goal difference of –77.[2] They soon after broke their remarkable losing record, beating AB Tårnby 3–0 on 22 April 2023."  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Very interesting choice, since we trying to solidify that spot with a solid striker as coach said.  :worried: ???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 10:06:10 AM »
Since 2017 he's been trying to get a T&T passport.

Another possibly forced omission was Denmark-born central midfielder Marc Gangia, who had been trying to get a Trinidad and Tobago passport just before the team (TT U-20) left for a pre-tournament tour in Colombia.

Scandalous.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 10:12:46 AM »
I guess this is how eve views the current crop of strikers
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 10:14:21 AM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 11:25:48 AM »
so what happened to the other players that are eligible?

Too good for Eve to select? Eve as I said is being paid to not select the best players, the other big nations don't want a talented TT team to face to qualify etc..

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 03:07:39 AM »
I am sorry but I find myself wondering how the hell a man playing in the FIFTH TIER of Danish football has been called up to train?

I know we need strikers, well you can't say they aren't leaving any stone unturned.

The fellow who was drafted by Toronto should be in the mix somehow.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 09:35:12 AM »
@VB I said the same thing. However, I say give the youth a chance to see.

To be fair to Eve, this 35 man call up is just to see who to add to the core 14 players.

The #1 and 2 MLS draft should get looked at. No if ands or buts.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 10:27:19 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2024, 11:13:02 PM »
 : banging head: wow, only in Trinidad:cursing: not taking it seriously: pissed-off: but I wish them the best. Mr. Haynes, I am watching you and your team. 

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 08:44:48 AM »
@ madness. I think Haynes has something up his sleeve with the U20 team inno. He seems very relaxed and I'm getting a very good feeling about them

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 10:37:45 AM »
Or naive
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2024, 11:46:25 AM »
I watched his interview with Fuentes and he was unable to speak about Trinidad football other that the WC 06, and he visited 6 times…Angus must be on kicks…Atleast he get a Carnival visit
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>