April 26, 2024, 06:51:18 PM

Author Topic: 2013 Confederation Cup  (Read 33082 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Confederation Cup
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:15 AM »
Hulk is tata...I see this man miss ah baby of ah sitter...TWICEEE...against mexico...poor mexico btw...they get bobolize...I wanted them to shed out ah licks...but they are in fowm it look like....evn in wc qualifiers...they sitting in third....old news I know...say wha...but anyway hulk shoukd relly eat some frggen bench...he cyah even walk properly

hulk left foot and dead ball prowess have him on the squad.  thinking about it i cyah name one other brazilian striker with the foot skills he has (will never forget when he terrorize evra in a CL match a few years ago) and the ability with the dead ball that he possesses.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2013, 12:09:48 PM »
Hope Italy beats Spain...although I would like Brazil to beat Spain in the final. I just want to see Spain lose.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

giggsy11

« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »
I want Italy to beat them, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Brasil v Spain final. The only Spaniard I pull for is my boy DeGea! ;D And maybe Iniesta. ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:12:46 PM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
Hulk is tata...I see this man miss ah baby of ah sitter...TWICEEE...against mexico...poor mexico btw...they get bobolize...I wanted them to shed out ah licks...but they are in fowm it look like....evn in wc qualifiers...they sitting in third....old news I know...say wha...but anyway hulk shoukd relly eat some frggen bench...he cyah even walk properly

hulk left foot and dead ball prowess have him on the squad.  thinking about it i cyah name one other brazilian striker with the foot skills he has (will never forget when he terrorize evra in a CL match a few years ago) and the ability with the dead ball that he possesses.

I find Hulk to inconsistent and one dimensional to be considered great. He is mediocre at best. Brasil can win without Hulk-and have one without him. He has the touch of a rapist. He terrorized Evra because, Evra failed to adjust and is better going forward than defending.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2013, 01:08:25 PM »
I watch most of the first half. Uruguay will always give Brazil trouble. Best thing is for Brazil to get a good cut arse. That will shape them up for next year.
      Deeks but Brazil have been looseing consistently prior to this tournament,it was so bad they replaced the Coach they had with Scolarie,i think they are a work in progress leading up to the WC and we have to give them a chance,winning a few games and playing well now will help but they are still trying togetthe right mix and looking at players.If you all saw SH last report in the news papers he said it's not about names/personalities but getting the right mix. 

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
I want Italy to beat them, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Brasil v Spain final. The only Spaniard I pull for is my boy DeGea! ;D And maybe Inesta. ;D

Tiki Taka had the catenaccio tied up in knots in the Euro 2012 final; perhaps catenaccio will prevail this time...

giggsy11

« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
I want Italy to beat them, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Brasil v Spain final. The only Spaniard I pull for is my boy DeGea! ;D And maybe Inesta. ;D

Tiki Taka had the catenaccio tied up in knots in the Euro 2012 final; perhaps catenaccio will prevail this time...

I really respect Italy's consistency in tournaments. You can never count them out. Is a shame Balo not playing tuh work over that Spain defense. Is amazing that Italy has no other forward as good as Balo or even has the ability to worry the defense like he does.

giggsy11

« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »
Italy needs tuh take some of these chances before they bun!

giggsy11

« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Italy killin me boi! Please take one chance, ah beggin yuh!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »
The crowd seems pro-Italian. Evertime Spain tries to mount an attack, there is an loud chorus of boos in the stadium.

I hope those missed chances doh come back to bite Italy in the backside.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »
Wake me up when the 2nd half starts...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
I want tuh see penalty kicks just tuh see  the goalies in action. And tuh see Ramos sky another. Brasil will beat either of these two.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »
The effects of long club seasons plus the humidity in Fortaleza has taken the wind out of both Italy's and Spain's sails.

Either a defender will make a mistake, or this is going to penalties.

giggsy11

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »
The effects of long club seasons plus the humidity in Fortaleza has taken the wind out of both Italy's and Spain's sails.

Either a defender will make a mistake, or this is going to penalties.

Ah find footballers play to much football. With only about a month to recover, not good for quality football or the game.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2013, 02:59:26 PM »
Both of these teams also playing very cautiously.
Navas have toes though, and I'm impressed with Torres' energy and work rate.

giggsy11

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
Giovinco will eat up Pique!

giggsy11

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »
Gigi! :wavetowel:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »
These will be some weary penalties

giggsy11

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »
Oh my Daniel!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »
Not a bad penalty yet. wow

giggsy11

« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:22 PM »
England are you watching?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »
Hard luck dey Bonucci

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »
England are you watching?

Lol. I was thinking the same thing  ;D

Seriously, one of the best pk shootouts I have seen in a while.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
balo might have made a difference today...also g rossi as i said before.  coache i think said that italy could do well in the wc and i thought he was popping molly  ;D   but after today's display i think prandelli has what it takes.  this squad is solid and has enough tactical nous to hang with any side in the world...also if pablo osvaldo behaves himself they will have a genuine threat off the bench besides gilardino

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 reports from Brazil on the Confederations Cup final
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
Samba versus Tiki Taka: Brazil plots Spanish resistance
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Brazil is the only South American country that the Spanish conquistadors of old did not colonise.
And, as football’s new favourites prepare to cross swords with the game’s old favourites, Spain’s football team must know already the scale of the task ahead in tomorrow’s FIFA Confederations Cup final at the Maracană Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil, the most successful team in international football with five World Cup crowns, will not bow easily.
As the “DIRECTV Road to Brazil 2014” media excursion stopped off at famous Rio football club, Fluminense, for a paid tour of its facilities yesterday, there was a snag. A member of the group was wearing a Venezuelan national team replica jersey; he was refused entry.
Eventually, the Venezuelan sourced a sweater to cover up the offending jersey and the group was allowed entrance. Fluminense’s officials were polite to a fault throughout the evening. But their football headquarters, which faces the famous statue of Jesus Christ, is like holy ground; and thou shalt serve only one god there. Any symbols of other football entities are strictly forbidden.
It is a level of partisanship unknown to Trinidad and Tobago.
In 2001, the Trinidad and Tobago national under-17 team’s Brazilian coach Rene Simoes urged locals to boo opponents at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup and immediately found himself on the receiving end instead for a supposed lack of manners.
Let’s just say that  the Spanish senior national team may much prefer to be playing in front of a Trinidad and Tobago audience at the moment. For Spain’s Confederations Cup semi-final against Italy in Fortaleza, coach Vicente del Bosque and his men were jeered upon sight and every time they touched the ball. A week earlier, six Spanish players complained of having money stolen from their hotel rooms in Recife during a group match against Uruguay.
The “Land of the Samba” has absolutely no intention of being colonised by “Tiki Taka.” Good manners, be damned.
Spain never approached its best form against Italy as Brazilians mercilessly whistled and booed every touch. And, despite a gulf in the talents of the two teams on paper, the fierce support of the host nation should not be underestimated.
Now, Andres Iniesta and company must show they can handle the heat at the Maracană.

Read more...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:03:20 PM by Bakes »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
Wow, those were some horrible penalties.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2013, 12:51:52 PM »
Wow, those were some horrible penalties.

man tired...i ent blame dem

giggsy11

« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »
Lalarse can haul his arse-I am Brasil fan and I want us tuh win. We can still win and continue to improve-I doubt Big Phil is under any illusion that this side set as is. Brasil for the win, take Spain down a notch, dey their to be taken!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:16:19 PM by Giggsy11 »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
Lalarse can haul his arse-I am Brasil fan and I want us tuh win. We can still win and continue to improve-I doubt Big Phil is under any illusion that this side set as is. Brasil for the win, take Spain down a notch, dey there to be taken!

Alba is the weak link in defence. Going forward he is having a great tournament. Hopefully hulk takes advantage of him, I would have started moura instead but it looks like Scolari doesn't have much plans for him now.

giggsy11

« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2013, 03:52:42 PM »
Lalarse can haul his arse-I am Brasil fan and I want us tuh win. We can still win and continue to improve-I doubt Big Phil is under any illusion that this side set as is. Brasil for the win, take Spain down a notch, dey there to be taken!

Alba is the weak link in defence. Going forward he is having a great tournament. Hopefully hulk takes advantage of him, I would have started moura instead but it looks like Scolari doesn't have much plans for him now.

Well, well,-it appears you and me are getting closer to less opposite point of views. Hulk can start as long as he does the job. :D :beermug:

1]; } ?>