March 28, 2024, 05:59:06 PM

Author Topic: 2013 Confederation Cup  (Read 32325 times)

giggsy11

Re: 2013 Confederation Cup
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
What the f*ck has happen tuh Mehico? It seems like if De Santos off form, dey attack dos falter; including Javier. And dey defenders playing shite, as well as the midfield. And dey to dependent on Javier tuh score, wey dey other strikers gone?

Ah loving Italy's strip, dey always have sweet strips boi. I may have tuh invest in a Pirlo jersey, especially since is Puma. I could see Italy winning this tournament, solid all over the pitch. 

Goal Javier!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:43:07 PM by Giggsy11 »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
Oscar is a very nice player.

Brazil defence need plenty work. And they really doh have a striker per se. I could see opposing teams looking to put the clamps on Neymar and basically daring someone else to beat them.

david luiz is the weak link. i notice scolari have luiz gustavo dropping back a lot to cover for luiz.  my biggest concern is the #9.  Fred is useful but i eh know if he could handle that role for 7 games to win a world cup.  cant believe Jo on de squad. damiao has talent but lacks  experience and throws away a lot.

giggsy11

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »

Brazil defence need plenty work. And they really doh have a striker per se. I could see opposing teams looking to put the clamps on Neymar and basically daring someone else to beat them.

david luiz is the weak link. i notice scolari have luiz gustavo dropping back a lot to cover for luiz.  my biggest concern is the #9.  Fred is useful but i eh know if he could handle that role for 7 games to win a world cup.  cant believe Jo on de squad. damiao has talent but lacks  experience and throws away a lot.

Add "Hulk" to the mix. First of all he sounds like a dem cartoon with dat name, can't take him seriously and ah find he overrated and one dimensional. And he dos fold like a pack of cards at the slightest touch. No way he should be starting being relied on tuh create offense. Plus no reliable forwards and playing with midfielders who more defensive than creative. I cannot stand that the focus on defending to the point that it taking away from the side being more creative. Just plain boring and predictable how this side dos set up. Where is the flair? WTF, this Brasil not England or the US.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
Seriously the Minister of sports and the TTFA should make it mandatory that all players and all coaches of teh National team have ah session watching and learning from these games:
a session on football basics should b part of the training  sessions prior to releasing fundings. Sessions  invole/

See pace see how to trap see how to pass see intensity see how to play with confidence. MANDATORY SESSION FOR ALL PLAYERS-  SEE how to defend. Lawd what would it take to watch we play at this level? it have to be more than  coaching   we have to have players committed to the game like these teams.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »
The first half pace was breathtaking and Pirlo is at his best...I actually like how Tyrion Lannister #22 combining upfront with Balotelli.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
This Chilean ref is ah absolute waste.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
Goal sah... Balotelli 78'.  Nice finish... but great build-up, particularly the heel flick-on by Giaccherini.

Italy playing some nice football, none ah that catenaccio boredome by death thing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:39:24 PM by Bakes »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
Dang!!!!!  Balo is a BEAST!!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »

Ent! Nice goal! Why take an avoidable  yellow though ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

Breds, just let it ride.  If yuh mention it somebody sure to come and criticize yuh fuh hating on de youth.  But you right... is ah tournament, cards clearly will add up.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 02:41:52 PM »

Hear nah I wonder if men realize how hard that goal was and how strong that fella have to be.   Lord have mercy.  :o
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »

Hear nah I wonder if men realize how hard that goal was and how strong that fella have to be.   Lord have mercy.  :o

I am really happy for him as he seems to be at peace and enjoying the game once more...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »
Mexico look like how we does look when we play them. Italy put on a clinic on ball possession and passing. Before we start thinking about training our coaches should lock we team up and make them watch that game. See how ah striker does run at defence and fight through like Balo did

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »

All cards are avoidable. Balo was one of the best players in the Euros last year, remember? He took off his shirt and got a yellow in that tournament, too and suspensions through card accumulation didn't become an issue for him so doh stress it.. He likes to take off his shirt and does it quite often Small ting.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 03:02:29 PM »
The World Cup next year is going to be the most vibes ever.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
Mexico look like how we does look when we play them. Italy put on a clinic on ball possession and passing. Before we start thinking about training our coaches should lock we team up and make them watch that game. See how ah striker does run at defence and fight through like Balo did

I surprised you watchin' dis....I say yuh woulda be watchin' Gold Cup highlights instead.  :devil:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »

....as a matter of fact, yuh could see the Mexicans had their moments in the game where they was tryin' to get under his skin......he didn't implode and give in to any of it.  I choose to give him credit for that than to nit pick over a yellow for a bullshit rule.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »

....as a matter of fact, yuh could see the Mexicans had their moments in the game where they was tryin' to get under his skin......he didn't implode and give in to any of it.  I choose to give him credit for that than to nit pick over a yellow for a bullshit rule.
I am a Balotelli fan. But getting a yellow for taking off your jersey, dotish rule or not, is just plain stupid and cannot be defended.

He too important to the team to be doing that shit. It come like inlflicting a handicap on your self and your team. And for what?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 03:49:59 PM »
Is it me or does Pirlo look like Chuck Norris?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »

All cards are avoidable. Balo was one of the best players in the Euros last year, remember? He took off his shirt and got a yellow in that tournament, too and suspensions through card accumulation didn't become an issue for him so doh stress it.. He likes to take off his shirt and does it quite often Small ting.
Chow not nit picking or hating, I love Balo after all he is a Milanista  ;D but in the Euro when he did it was the semifinal of the Euro, next game was final. Big big difference.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »

I am a Balotelli fan. But getting a yellow for taking off your jersey, dotish rule or not, is just plain stupid and cannot be defended.

He too important to the team to be doing that shit. It come like inlflicting a handicap on your self and your team. And for what?

I now listen to lalas and de next one try to make an issue of that yellow and Roberto Martinez brushed it aside and basically say that, as a coach, yuh could accept that yellow, it is not that big a deal.  Players does score goals in short tournaments and take off their shirts in celebration ALL THE TIME and it is something that will continue. Keep calm and let de tournament play itself out.

Chow not nit picking or hating, I love Balo after all he is a Milanista  ;D but in the Euro when he did it was the semifinal of the Euro, next game was final. Big big difference.

My point is, still, sometimes yuh have to let these players be and acknowledge that they know what they doing, too. I am willing to bet that if he score another goal while this card has its significance, he won't take his shirt off.  Yuh never know, he might not even get another one in the field of play.  Balo might have a lot of issues, but people need to realize de boy "crazy like a fox", too.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
Spain actually keepin mih awake :D 2-0
I pity the fool....

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »

lol...yeah that facial hair, i was looking at him today wondering who he reminds me of.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »

Add "Hulk" to the mix. First of all he sounds like a dem cartoon with dat name, can't take him seriously and ah find he overrated and one dimensional. And he dos fold like a pack of cards at the slightest touch. No way he should be starting being relied on tuh create offense. Plus no reliable forwards and playing with midfielders who more defensive than creative. I cannot stand that the focus on defending to the point that it taking away from the side being more creative. Just plain boring and predictable how this side dos set up. Where is the flair? WTF, this Brasil not England or the US.

pardna that flair shit u talking about not going to win any world cup, it didnt even win the 1982 world cup.

paulinho and gustavo are the 2 defensive midfielders on the team and paulinho gets forward a lot so i eh know what u talking about regarding brazil midfield too defensive and not creative.

as for hulk, i am not a big fan and i think he has a bigger impact as a sub.  however, the current system needs him and neymar to interchange on the wings (even oscar as well).  lucas moura cant play on the left at all so interchanging less likely with him on the field.

giggsy11

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »

pardna that flair shit u talking about not going to win any world cup, it didnt even win the 1982 world cup.

paulinho and gustavo are the 2 defensive midfielders on the team and paulinho gets forward a lot so i eh know what u talking about regarding brazil midfield too defensive and not creative.
as for hulk, i am not a big fan and i think he has a bigger impact as a sub.  however, the current system needs him and neymar to interchange on the wings (even oscar as well).  lucas moura cant play on the left at all so interchanging less likely with him on the field.

Since when getting forward equals creativity?  Or is that your version of shite? Ramires goes forward also and their is nothing creative about him. And the way Brasil is presently set up is not going to win any World Cups either. I love my Brasil but I am not blind tuh dey limitations.

By the way Gab Marcotti-the excellent football writer, and who's opinion I respect. In an article about Brasil and their efforts to get the right combination; Lucas according to him would have no problem replacing Hulk, and it would be an improvement. 

"Hulk alternated moments when he combined well with Dani Alves, especially defensively, with others when the two were disjointed. If there's one guy in this front four who should be at risk, it's the Zenit St Petersburg striker. With Oscar and Neymar both gravitating left and Marcelo pushing on to join them, Hulk needs to be present and active on the other flank; otherwise Brazil will be unbalanced. This is especially true if, as happened against Japan, Alves has a relatively quiet game (assist excepted, of course).

"We have replacement parts who have proven effective and helped us when they came off the bench," Scolari said.

It wasn't in reference specifically to Hulk, but given the contributions of Lucas Moura, Hernanes and even Jo, who closed out the scoring, you can see why he feels he has the tools to change it around. Jo is a late-game alternative to Fred should the Fluminense front man start flagging. Both Moura and Hernanes would raise the quality level of this Brazil side should either be used at the expense of Hulk -- the former in a straight swap, the latter perhaps with the team shifting to a 4-3-3."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:44:56 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »
Yeah man dat yellow on Balotelli is small thing, I breifly wondered bout if when he did but quickly reminded myself, "wait is hospital-head Super Mario yuh talking bout:)'

Also it look like an assistant had to send him back on de field to celebrate or shake hands after de game, and he didn't really look too interested in going back out :) Once again had to remind mehself is ah crazy-man we dealing with...like Chow keep it moving man!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »

lol...yeah that facial hair, i was looking at him today wondering who he reminds me of.

Picture him with ah crown ah thorns :D

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »

Since when getting forward equals creativity?  Or is that your version of shite? Ramires goes forward also and their is nothing creative about him. And the way Brasil is presently set up is not going to win any World Cups either. I love my Brasil but I am not blind tuh dey limitations.

By the way Gab Marcotti-the excellent football writer, and who's opinion I respect. In an article about Brasil and their efforts to get the right combination; Lucas according to him would have no problem replacing Hulk, and it would be an improvement. 

"Hulk alternated moments when he combined well with Dani Alves, especially defensively, with others when the two were disjointed. If there's one guy in this front four who should be at risk, it's the Zenit St Petersburg striker. With Oscar and Neymar both gravitating left and Marcelo pushing on to join them, Hulk needs to be present and active on the other flank; otherwise Brazil will be unbalanced. This is especially true if, as happened against Japan, Alves has a relatively quiet game (assist excepted, of course).

"We have replacement parts who have proven effective and helped us when they came off the bench," Scolari said.

It wasn't in reference specifically to Hulk, but given the contributions of Lucas Moura, Hernanes and even Jo, who closed out the scoring, you can see why he feels he has the tools to change it around. Jo is a late-game alternative to Fred should the Fluminense front man start flagging. Both Moura and Hernanes would raise the quality level of this Brazil side should either be used at the expense of Hulk -- the former in a straight swap, the latter perhaps with the team shifting to a 4-3-3."

I never said brazil ready to win the World Cup. They have to play to their strengths. The system and tactics are geared to the players they have and also the fact they don't have a true playmaker like kaka or dinho. Oscar is the closest ting but u cant build ur side on a player that young.

Lucas is a better option on the right side but he can't play on the left like hulk.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:15:25 AM by Nightmare »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »
The first half pace was breathtaking and Pirlo is at his best...I actually like how Tyrion Lannister #22 combining upfront with Balotelli.

Ah boy ah Game Of Thrones fan, though me eh find he look like too much The Imp :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2013, 02:19:27 AM »
Goal sah... Balotelli 78'.  Nice finish... but great build-up, particularly the heel flick-on by Giaccherini.

Italy playing some nice football, none ah that catenaccio boredome by death thing.

oh gorm u all still harp on that? that was years of old and well it depends on the manager..if you know Prandelli from his fiorentina days, he is not about that..and italy has a good bit of exciting young forwards/creative players coming up...

1]; } ?>