March 29, 2024, 08:23:18 AM

Author Topic: 2013 Confederation Cup  (Read 32347 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Confederation Cup
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2013, 02:21:05 AM »
Dang!!!!!  Balo is a BEAST!!!!!!

Ent! Nice goal! Why take an avoidable  yellow though ???

Hear nah I wonder if men realize how hard that goal was and how strong that fella have to be.   Lord have mercy.  :o

I am really happy for him as he seems to be at peace and enjoying the game once more...

well he always enjoys playing for the azzurri...those fellas know how to handle him...he knows he is an important player in the but the older heads guide him and put him in place when necessary..

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2013, 02:24:32 AM »
Is it me or does Pirlo look like Chuck Norris?

The survivalist adventures of bearded Andrea Pirlo
By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle – Tue, Aug 28, 2012 1:31 AM EDT
Email
Share97

Bearded Andrea Pirlo: defiant and determined. (Getty)
In the summer of 2012, sometime between Italy's 4-0 loss to Spain in the final of the European Championship and the start of Juventus' preseason friendlies, Andrea Pirlo retreated from the putrid society of man. He rose above the murders and deceit, the wars and corruption. He sacrificed all of his worldly possessions and took up residence in a fortified bunker high up in the Alps with just his axe, his wits and his beard for comfort. These are the adventures of Bearded Pirlo.

Bearded Pirlo only comes down from the pure air and angst powered espresso machines of his mountain home and into the pollution and decay of the modern world to grace us with the beauty of his football. And sometimes to stare at people who haphazardly park their cars until they eventually develop a sense of shame and refuse to talk on the telephone ever again.

For exactly one hour every night he weeps for all those who suffer under the rule of greed and stupidity. Then he collects his tears in a jar and places it on a shelf carved from stone with the others. On the day that there is no more room for tear jars on the shelf, Bearded Pirlo will hold out his index finger and unflinchingly point it at everyone who has contributed to the general horror of the world. Even babies.
But for now, Bearded Pirlo is biding his time. Winning football matches and eating the corks off old wine bottles fuels his ever-growing desire. He bounces ideas for revolution off his most trusted ally, a goat known as Davide, and uses his sponsor-issued Jeep Grand Cherokee as an outhouse. When he sleeps, he dreams only of revenge for crimes that have not yet been committed. And Davide trying to use a knife and fork with his front hooves.

At the moment, his true nemesis remains unclear. This is the only thing keeping us from the inevitable wrath of Bearded Pirlo.

Part 2

Awake.
Bearded Pirlo's eyes burn and every part of his body not encased in dense bearding feels filthy under the blast of stale air pumping out of the airplane vent above him. Rest has escaped him since three nights before Italy's loss to Spain in the Euro 2012 final. Silva then Alba then Torres then Mata. It repeats in his head as his fingers dig into a leather satchel of mixed nuts he foraged for himself while on an excursion from his fortified bunker high in the Alps. Sebastian Giovinco asks for some, but Bearded Pirlo pretends not to hear him. He wishes his beard covered his whole body so he could better blend with the Yeti.

Bearded Pirlo has no home, only places where he waits. And sometimes dances without smiling. Davide, his only trusted friend and goat, does not ask for things like Giovinco. He just takes and gives. But he never dances. At least not in a way that would be recognizable to humans.

The World Cup seems far away, but Bearded Pirlo knows that diligent preparation is still necessary. He chases eagles and nods knowingly when they glide out of his reach. Silva then Alba then Torres then Mata. There is much work to be done and only when it is complete will there be time for merriment and teaching Davide how to high-five.

Bearded Pirlo's true enemy remains unclear. For now, scheduled opponents will suffice. The plane finally reaches its gate and while his teammates slow themselves down by fiddling with personal electronics, Bearded Pirlo thanks the flight attendent for offering him fizzy chemical sludge in a cup and water from a factory then he heads for the exit. The captain looks like a child as Bearded Pirlo takes control from here. He makes his eyes real wide and then squints.

Bulgaria.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 02:48:30 PM »
Hulk eh good atall..but ah couldn't figure why he keep starting, iz because it eh have nobody better...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1O-1Y5YCzSs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1O-1Y5YCzSs</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nGJW7AS8LnA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nGJW7AS8LnA</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »
Brazil playing rel ball boy.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 04:28:46 PM »
Japan was definitely jet lagged against Brazil because this eh looking like the same team from a few days ago. They are playing at a much faster pace and are dominating the Azzuri... Ref did make a bad call and awarded them a soft penalty. Jpn 1 Italy 0... 30mins

EDIT...as ah done type Japan up 2-0...great volley..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:35:07 PM by futbolfan »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »
The Japanese are well organized and controlled. They attack in numbers and overlap well on both sides. Kagawa is a footballer , wow!!

Italy is vulnerable on the break as the can't match Japan for pace at the back. Balotelli is practiaclly their only threat going forward so far. I'm surprised at how many times they gave away possession, Pirlo especially.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »
The Japanese are well organized and controlled. They attack in numbers and overlap well on both sides. Kagawa is a footballer , wow!!

Italy is vulnerable on the break as the can't match Japan for pace at the back. Balotelli is practiaclly their only threat going forward so far. I'm surprised at how many times they gave away possession, Pirlo especially.

Man,  hope Moyes uses him as the fulcrum this season...   :notworthy: :notworthy:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »
Nice goal! 

Did I just hear Kasey Keller say the header was a good first touch?   :banginghead:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:02 PM »
Nice goal! 

Did I just hear Kasey Keller say the header was a good first touch?   :banginghead:

:rotfl: y u still :frustrated: wit d yanks commentary they just do not get soccer. I can imagine they bigup Neymar assist this afternoon
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 05:48:03 PM »
Although they are up, iz long time ah eh see ah team dominate Italy like this... Japan is all over them...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
This was probably the best game of the year. I feel sad for Japan but excited about how good they're going to be next year.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »
Japan got real unlucky today.  A little bit of luck and they coulda win with a big score.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nGJW7AS8LnA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nGJW7AS8LnA</a>

Which Jo is that? Formerly of Citeh? :) Look at the rehabilitation of a baller. If he was Trini, men woulda be cussing Felipao fuh selecting him.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
Italy get run ragged. Japan men and women does play the same way. I wonder how they train them at youth level? Sweet ball control one touch passing.
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »

Which Jo is that? Formerly of Citeh? :) Look at the rehabilitation of a baller. If he was Trini, men woulda be cussing Felipao fuh selecting him.
Yeah , a real turnaround from him. He is also the top scorer in the Libertadores with some help from R10.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
Italy get run ragged. Japan men and women does play the same way. I wonder how they train them at youth level? Sweet ball control one touch passing.
They are extreme fit too.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2013, 02:40:03 AM »

....naaah, yuh cyah say dat, man....any criticisms of his selection woulda been muffled after he score against Mexico and totally silenced after yesterday......besides...man cussin' Big Phil for selecting hulk.  :D

Nice goal! 

:rotfl: y u still :frustrated: wit d yanks commentary they just do not get soccer. I can imagine they bigup Neymar assist this afternoon

is not jes' de yanks dat biggin' him up on dat "assist" nuh (ah hate dat word! :frustrated::D.....and rightfully so.  It was a masterful move....play of the game, even better than the goal he score, IMHO.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2013, 06:54:30 AM »
I love dis forum, after watching 90-plus minutes of football, with Neymar AGAIN proving his detractors wrong, and all kinda different plots going on with Mexico...and man all kinda on-the-field drama to pick from?

I expected to come here and find all kinda talk bout Neymar et al...instead, salt and a Kasey Keller comment...good Lord!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »
I love dis forum, after watching 90-plus minutes of football, with Neymar AGAIN proving his detractors wrong, and all kinda different plots going on with Mexico...and man all kinda on-the-field drama to pick from?

I expected to come here and find all kinda talk bout Neymar et al...instead, salt and a Kasey Keller comment...good Lord!!
He's taken on a lot of responsibility for the team. Its going to be fun watching him progress. Make no mistake about it Neymar is the truth.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
Spain could set records in this game.  I hope Tahiti at least scores.  That flat back 5 they playin with not helpin.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »
Tahiti fight for 25 mins... they flagging now... could get bad
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Shit team. Should be nowhere near this tournament
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »

He's taken on a lot of responsibility for the team. Its going to be fun watching him progress. Make no mistake about it Neymar is the truth.

I am happy that he is going to ply his trade in Spain where his creativity and finesse will be on display. Although I think he can be successful in any league, the hard jammin and rough play in the EPL would take a toll on him..

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
Shit team. Should be nowhere near this tournament

LoL...The way ESPN selling it, yuh have to feel some sympathy for them. They scored 1 goal vs Nigeria but were down 3-1. The way the commentators were carrying on, I thought they were either up or had just equalized...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
dat Tahiti team looking more organized than de TnT national team

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2013, 02:32:43 PM »
Wonder wha go happen if we play Tahiti...?

Too late to organise a quick game before Gold Cup? Dey done in dis hemisphere already.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
10 forking nil.my lord
Youtube Channel

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2013, 02:51:59 PM »
Silva almost look embarrassed after he score #10.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
Doh laugh at dem nah.  Fuh all dat, dey get to play against de world's best team.  Dat experience invaluable even if it traumatic to some extent.

Is no coincidence Tahiti rhyme wit T&T  :-[
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>