March 28, 2024, 09:42:41 AM

Author Topic: 2013 Confederation Cup  (Read 32313 times)

giggsy11

Re: 2013 Confederation Cup
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:24:04 PM by Giggsy11 »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOC6L-JCIAANj0n.jpg

Xavi knew!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

i was surprised ramos took the penalty, i would expect iniesta or xavi to take it.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Boss game, I glad I witnessed Spain come undone.
Neymar and Fred were ruthless.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
down with booring tiki taka!!
first the german sink barca
and now brazil sink spain....

next year the Germans sink Brazil.

BTW Neymar is a boss and he will fit in well in barca and spain with his diving and faking.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »

BTW Neymar is a boss and he will fit in well in barca and spain with his diving and faking.

lol...dont choke on de haterade.

giggsy11

« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »
Is Jose' fault!  ;D :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »

lol...dont choke on de haterade.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »
Neymar will be more successful than Robinho for a few reasons

1. He seems like he is a rell football peong.
2. His football sense/iq and awareness on the pitch is way higher. The goal he scored today, perfect example. He was originally offside, and was aware enough to check back and give Oscar an outlet for that pass.
3. He is mentally and physically tough. Enjoys the challenge and loves to compete, which goes back to him being a football peong.
4. He respects what it means to be the main man for Brasil, and appears to embrace the responsibility and is comfortable with that responsibility.
5. Appears open to improving his games-goes back to him being a football peong.
6. He is a rell football peong.

Just my opinion ;)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »

2. His football sense/iq and awareness on the pitch is way higher. The goal he scored today, perfect example. He was originally offside, and was aware enough to check back and give Oscar an outlet for that pass.
3. He is mentally and physically tough. Enjoys the challenge and loves to compete, which goes back to him being a football peong.
4. He respects what it means to be the main man for Brasil, and appears to embrace the responsibility and is comfortable with that responsibility.

Just my opinion ;)

A Santos fan was saying that one Neymar feels love from the fans...he performs. So we'll see how the first season goes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »
So Neymar is unveiled as the Barca-killer, good ting Barca already signed him.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »
Forget "False nine"...Here comes FRED...real old school vulture...well done Brasil...
Fred looks like any everyday electrician or plumber or something...kinda man you wont pick on your 5 a side team, from just looking at him....

ENT!!!!!

The Brazilian Inzaghi!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:30 PM »
Yuh know I watched that game and thinking that it have ah whole heap ah clowns all over the world who wouldn't for a second just appreciate good football and a FANTASTIC footballer-Neymar-on the rise and would just continue hating.

So that goal he scored was de ultimate F*&K ALLYUH goal.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
Even as a Brazil fan I find the men who talking about boring Tiki Taka on drugs. It feels so good to beat Spain but I doubt men woulda be so confident after Spain performance against Uruguay for instance. Spain eh done yet at all. They could still make teams chase shadows , Iniesta could still make men fall on their backside. This result was a reflection of how well Brazil played. They were organised without parking the bus and playing negatively and dangerous in attack.

As for Neymar , I'm a long time fan and happy to see him come into his own. Big players step up in big matches. Neymar has proven that he is big player. I'm even happier that he will be playing Tiki Taka with upgrades for the next five years.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »
Even as a Brazil fan I find the men who talking about boring Tiki Taka on drugs. It feels so good to beat Spain but I doubt men woulda be so confident after Spain performance against Uruguay for instance. Spain eh done yet at all. They could still make teams chase shadows , Iniesta could still make men fall on their backside. This result was a reflection of how well Brazil played. They were organised without parking the bus and playing negatively and dangerous in attack.

As for Neymar , I'm a long time fan and happy to see him come into his own. Big players step up in big matches. Neymar has proven that he is big player. I'm even happier that he will be playing Tiki Taka with upgrades for the next five years.

Well said. Endorsed
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2013, 03:31:40 AM »
All ah allyuh who singin' Neymar praises now allyuh could hul allyuh ass!  :devil: Yuh eh see King Jackass and one ah he followers say de man is nutting more than a cheat?! Allyuh good oui, like allyuh doh pay attention, all de man do was dive he way through the entire tournament.  :devil:

Seriously, though, I listening to all these "panelists" and "analysts" and "experts" talkin' about how much Neymar has "improved" and is like these people really wasn't paying attention....I doh say he "improved", I say he has "grown" on it's natural curve.....he was ALWAYS going to be playing this well....he played just as well in the olympics: he was takin' on opponents, working hard off the ball and getting his teammates involved.  Yes he is scoring more goals more regularly, but nothing else about his game has changed.  He IS the truth and Brazil's best player right now......and what about Brazil's midfielders, especially Gustavo?.....and also, the resurgence of Julio Cesar? What has helped Neymar seem to "improve" is that, as opposed to last year's Olympic team then, he is now on a senior team playing alongside more polished players (and not players doin' shit in defence like dat manu fella.) I say Brazil still need to tighten up some screws, and the competition next year is (obviously) going to be much tougher, but from how they dismantle Spain yesterday, I could see dem pullin' it orff. Ah go be right dey jumpin' up wit dem protesters!  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
Interesting what extreme pressure does to a team's ability to play. The rise and (yesterday's) fall of a world football superpower (Spain) is no different than any other. There comes a time when the teams they play against get fed up of respecting them too much and throw something different (not necessarily different..closer to change in philosophy) into the arena. This has been coming to come. Two years ago when Real Madrid lost the Super Cup (lost to Barca 3-2) I sensed a shift in the way teams approached Barca (and ultimately...Spain). Strategic pressure didn't allow for the precise passing that Barca was used to. Bayern Munich (Germany) further exposed the belief that strategic and intelligent team pressure was the only real way to beat a team that keeps the ball for what seems to be hours on end. Brazil simply took a page out of Italy, out of BM, out of REAL Madrid and added their own bit of flair that simply took Spain out of rhythm.

Well done by Brazil......for learning from the past.

Blessings and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2013, 12:20:31 PM »
All ah allyuh who singin' Neymar praises now allyuh could hul allyuh ass!  :devil: Yuh eh see King Jackass and one ah he followers say de man is nutting more than a cheat?! Allyuh good oui, like allyuh doh pay attention, all de man do was dive he way through the entire tournament.  :devil:

Seriously, though, I listening to all these "panelists" and "analysts" and "experts" talkin' about how much Neymar has "improved" and is like these people really wasn't paying attention....I doh say he "improved", I say he has "grown" on it's natural curve.....he was ALWAYS going to be playing this well....he played just as well in the olympics: he was takin' on opponents, working hard off the ball and getting his teammates involved.  Yes he is scoring more goals more regularly, but nothing else about his game has changed.  He IS the truth and Brazil's best player right now......and what about Brazil's midfielders, especially Gustavo?.....and also, the resurgence of Julio Cesar? What has helped Neymar seem to "improve" is that, as opposed to last year's Olympic team then, he is now on a senior team playing alongside more polished players (and not players doin' shit in defence like dat manu fella.) I say Brazil still need to tighten up some screws, and the competition next year is (obviously) going to be much tougher, but from how they dismantle Spain yesterday, I could see dem pullin' it orff. Ah go be right dey jumpin' up wit dem protesters!  ;D

Was saying the same thing yesterday: Julio Caesar is approaching his best form in the last three years.  Had a decent season with QPR, and is supposedly on his way to Arsenal.  He wants to stay in London, and has rejected a move back to Italy with Roma.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »
2013 Confederations Cup Displays the Good and Bad of Neymar

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-confederations-cup-displays-good-bad-neymar-161300378.html

COMMENTARY | The 2013 Confederations Cup was always destined to be the Neymar Show. The 21-year old YouTube sensation and Santos superstar confirmed his highly anticipated move to Spanish giants Barcelona in May, and he needed but three minutes in the Confederations Cup opening match to find the back of the net in Brazil's 3-0 victory over Japan, a result that set the wheels in motion for the player who would go on to win the competition's Golden Ball and the hosts who won a tournament surrounded by protests that continued even after the last Brazil player hoisted the trophy. Neymar, the latest (insert name of any all-time great here), is being labeled as the next big thing in world football, someone seemingly on his way to a plethora of titles and personal awards.

He's also being called a diver and a cheat.

Fans who watched Neymar come up through the Santos system would say that this is hardly a new story. Flops don't make for flattering highlight videos, and thus those of us who don't live and breathe Brazilian football have really only caught glimpses of Neymar minus the occasional international friendly or World Cup Qualifier. It was on the stage of the Confederations Cup that the world was able to come together and catch all of Neymar's greatness; and also the part of his game that will earn him a notorious reputation sooner than later.

It would be a disservice to all involved to mention Neymar without first spotlighting the commendable parts of his game that he displayed over the past several weeks. His finishes against Mexico and in the final versus Spain were top class, and his on-the-ball skill that set up Brazil's second goal against Mexico was a move straight out of FIFA 13. Neymar was the definition of "unplayable" throughout the competition, Kryptonite to the Superman that was, up until the final Sunday of June 2013, Spanish football.

That he was responsible for at least one incident per match that saw him either go to ground far too easily or make a meal out of even the slightest contact has left a bitter taste in the mouths of many. Uruguay captain Diego Lugano mentioned the issue before his side faced off against Brazil, saying the following: "Neymar is very lightweight, he can drop to the ground and fool the referee. Neymar can feign a foul so, we must be watchful that nobody's fooled by his ability." A tumble from Neymar in that very match became the cause of Internet memes and viral videos that poked fun at the player.

Part of the problem regarding Neymar's growing reputation as a diver is that he plays in an era of high definition TV, one in which players, analysts and fans alike can view clear second-by-second replays of every spill. He's also not helped out by the fact that diving is a very hot topic all around the world. There are more than a few respected people in world football who believe that players deemed guilty of such offenses should face immediate suspension at both the club and international levels.

Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez are just two phenomenal players who were constantly criticized during the 2012-13 Premier League campaign for not keeping their feet. Neymar will have it a little easier than did those two players last season in that he'll be playing in Spain's La Liga, a league known for being a bit more sympathetic towards its stars when it comes to this particular matter. His playing for Barcelona and alongside Lionel Messi also probably won't hurt his cause.

Neymar is undeniably the real deal, an absolute joy to watch and perhaps the most talented 21-year old footballer on the planet. He may be "too good" for the theatrics that we saw far too often during the Confederations Cup, but he also has little incentive to stop throwing himself to the turf until he is sent a message by a manager/coach or referees. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Zac has been covering the USMNT, Holland, Tottenham Hotspur, New York Red Bulls, Major League Soccer and other soccer leagues for Yahoo! Sports since 2010.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
Brazil played well yesterday. But would they have beaten Spain, had Spain not had to play 120 minutes against another world class side less than 3 days before in 30 degree weather? It clearly prevented the Spaniards from playing their usual pressing game and from overrunning the Brazilians as they have done with everyone else in recent years.

Personally, I think the Brazil hype has gone overboard. The result had just as much to do with Spain's poor performance as it did with Brazil's good performance.

(PS - I dont support any national team other than TnT, so I am not a disgruntled Spain fan lol)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:36:33 PM by Ryan »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »

Just my opinion ;)

All them things you say about Neymar, Ronaldinho have it. The problem with him was insatiable apetite for the night life and his injuries did not help in the long run. He was one of the closet to perfection I have seen. Plus he won a WC. Nothing to prove to anybody. Neymar real nice. But we will see. I am a big fan.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
Brazil played well yesterday. But would they have beaten Spain, had Spain not had to play 120 minutes against another world class side less than 3 days before in 30 degree weather? It clearly prevented the Spaniards from playing their usual pressing game and from overrunning the Brazilians as they have done with everyone else in recent years.

Personally, I think the Brazil hype has gone overboard. The result had just as much to do with Spain's poor performance as it did with Brazil's good performance.

(PS - I dont support any national team other than TnT, so I am not a disgruntled Spain fan lol)

Ryan, I see where you coming from, but that is the way the ball rolls. Location and temperature is part of the game. All them South Americans, African, etc does  go Euro and play. When the Euros come South American. Oh gosh, it too hot. We jet lagg. The food eh good. Too much traffic. The fans making too much noise. The stadium this! the sadium that! I don't think Brazil going overboard. It is just a celebration for the moment. They win the celebrate. But if anybody on this site think Spain dead have to be real dotish. This tournament is for teams to acclimatize to the environment. So next year when they get they arse buss, there can't make no excuse.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »

Ryan, I see where you coming from, but that is the way the ball rolls. Location and temperature is part of the game. All them South Americans, African, etc does  go Euro and play. When the Euros come South American. Oh gosh, it too hot. We jet lagg. The food eh good. Too much traffic. The fans making too much noise. The stadium this! the sadium that! I don't think Brazil going overboard. It is just a celebration for the moment. They win the celebrate. But if anybody on this site think Spain dead have to be real dotish. This tournament is for teams to acclimatize to the environment. So next year when they get they arse buss, there can't make no excuse.

good points Deeks...Italy and Spain have an advantage over the other European teams, they got to play games and learn the conditions in Brazil.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »

good points Deeks...Italy and Spain have an advantage over the other European teams, they got to play games and learn the conditions in Brazil.

Surely there must be a reason no European team has won a tournament in South America ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2013, 08:11:17 PM »
looking for someone to analyse how Brazil was able to nullify Spain ...have not been able to say ... so if some of the pundits can oblige i would be grateful

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:25 PM »
jai..i eh no expert but Italy and Brazil had the same approach, the differences were Brazil scored and Italy did not and Brazile executed their plan with more intesnity.  Everytime Spain got the ball, Brazil had 2 or 3 men crowding them and forcing a hurrried pass or winning back the ball. Spain didnt have much time on the ball to string their passes together.  Playing at home worked for Brazil since the weather did not affect them as much, also the weather was better than the italy game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
looking for someone to analyse how Brazil was able to nullify Spain ...have not been able to say ... so if some of the pundits can oblige i would be grateful

I saw the first half in the replay last night. Spain was uncharacteristic. They could not do any right last night. Yes Brazil was relentless and closed in on them quickly, Brazil did get away on some fouls though. But Spain did nothing right in the first half. At the same time I don't know if the team was tired or playing dead to ketch cobo live for next year.They have hadly had a rest since the end of the season.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:18:50 PM by Deeks »

giggsy11

« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »

Jai, this is a good article by Gab Marcotti, that breaks down Spain's and Brasil's efforts in the final.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/7511?cc=5739

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:31:08 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2013, 06:04:25 AM »

Jai, this is a good article by Gab Marcotti, that breaks down Spain's and Brasil's efforts in the final.

Thanks ..but I find this article as many of the others to be a statement of what we saw rather than an analysis of what caused it. I am sure most coaches are looking for that cause .... that Spain could be beaten was probably a non starter a few months ago, yet it happened right before our eyes. What I have been able to descifer is that fact that Brazil disrupted the flow of the tiki taka just as they did to Argentina in the Copa America some years ago when Argentina was favoured to win ...the under rated midfield destroyers of Brazil may well spark an interest in that role in world football.

Brazil has produced a dtring of nudgers who do just enough to throw you off your game yet not enough to get a booking. This for me seems to have affected the way Spain would have liked to play.  I agree that tiredness and weather must also have played a part ...but you get the feeling that teams are working out the Spanish game ..and germany, Italy and Spain are concentrating more on their midfield destroyers ...That's my view

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2013, 12:27:17 PM »

Thanks ..but I find this article as many of the others to be a statement of what we saw rather than an analysis of what caused it. I am sure most coaches are looking for that cause .... that Spain could be beaten was probably a non starter a few months ago, yet it happened right before our eyes. What I have been able to descifer is that fact that Brazil disrupted the flow of the tiki taka just as they did to Argentina in the Copa America some years ago when Argentina was favoured to win ...the under rated midfield destroyers of Brazil may well spark an interest in that role in world football.

Brazil has produced a dtring of nudgers who do just enough to throw you off your game yet not enough to get a booking. This for me seems to have affected the way Spain would have liked to play.  I agree that tiredness and weather must also have played a part ...but you get the feeling that teams are working out the Spanish game ..and germany, Italy and Spain are concentrating more on their midfield destroyers ...That's my view

Try this site
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/07/01/brazil-3-0-spain-spain-unable-to-cope-with-brazils-pace-and-power-on-the-break/

My personal take is that core members (Xavi, Ineista, Puyol, Casillas...) are in decline. I think that the replacements are waiting in the wings, but much like 2006 when France went for one more shot with the old guard. Spain are trying to complete the set with their golden generation.

What was key for me, (and in the Barca CL games vs Bayern) was the lack of pressing by Spain. The killer tiki-taka, was always accompanied by a pressing game that sought to regain possession of the ball as soon as possible. I think there's just no more gas left in the tank.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »
Just an observation related to the fatigue issue. Spain were in total control of the Uruguay game and visibly went down a gear after the second goal and never really came out of it for the rest of the game.

Against Tahiti only Sergio Ramos returned to start. Nigeria did run with them but they had the benefit of scoring early in that match as well.

The Brazil team remained essentially unchanged throughout the tournament . Brazil did have the advantage of extra day rest but to me Spain didn't look exhausted or slow .Brazil were much quicker to the ball and almost drew them in by the way they defended. What was remarkable about it was they didn't put 10 men in their defensive third to defend. There was always an option to spring an attack.

The heat argument is not irrelevant but inconsequential . Both teams had to play in it and it will definitely be a feature of next year's World Cup.

1]; } ?>