April 25, 2024, 04:14:59 AM

Author Topic: The best TnT Striker Presently..Initials are FN..  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The best TnT Striker Presently..Initials are FN..
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »
Yea...I dont normally post about tactics and formations ..I leave that to the capable experts here

BUT...To me...I repeat..to me...the best striker/forward we have right now is called  " False Nine"

check the options.. Guerra..Molino..Hector..Roberts..Peltier..will even include Winchester..Skilla Daniel....and even Joevin Jones.....none of these are " out and out" strikers.

as compared to...K Jones..Gay..Jorsling..Roy... ( The tried ones)...

dont know if the staff willing to try it in the next 2 games as no Jones or Jorsling there...now is the time

I know is ah set ah Barca and Spain talk will start here and how men eh good enough da da da ...but really...the first list got some decent ball handlers and technicians there...with some decent IQ ...

look even Germany tried it recently...and they have Klose and Gomez etc...but they also have..Gotze..Reus..Muller...Ozil..Kroos..Draxler..etc etc...

Me and Small Mag discussing this for a while now

fact is STERN JOHN left a very big gaping hole in our striking dept...FACT

go read " Inverting the pyramid...

cool..start de ole talk
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: The best TnT Striker Presently..Initials are FN..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
I personally would say try it, I would even go as for as to say Molino should be on top dat list, along with Peltier, if dem fellas could swallow dey pride and come to a compromise ..................target man football not workin and we have atleast 3 to 5 people that can competently carry d ball in midfield, we even have a CB dat could carry a ball....ironically he does be d most guilty at hoofin d ball, but I believe dias part fear and part instruction.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:38:37 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:40:49 AM »
Yea...I dont normally post about tactics and formations ..I leave that to the capable experts here

BUT...To me...I repeat..to me...the best striker/forward we have right now is called  " False Nine"

check the options.. Guerra..Molino..Hector..Roberts..Peltier..will even include Winchester..Skilla Daniel....and even Joevin Jones.....none of these are " out and out" strikers.

as compared to...K Jones..Gay..Jorsling..Roy... ( The tried ones)...

dont know if the staff willing to try it in the next 2 games as no Jones or Jorsling there...now is the time

I know is ah set ah Barca and Spain talk will start here and how men eh good enough da da da ...but really...the first list got some decent ball handlers and technicians there...with some decent IQ ...

look even Germany tried it recently...and they have Klose and Gomez etc...but they also have..Gotze..Reus..Muller...Ozil..Kroos..Draxler..etc etc...

Me and Small Mag discussing this for a while now

fact is STERN JOHN left a very big gaping hole in our striking dept...FACT

go read " Inverting the pyramid...

cool..start de ole talk

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Our coaching staff not modern or innovative enough to try it when the fact of the matter is we have too many quality technical players with football brains who are well capable of playing the false 9 creating interchanging fluid football in the attacking 3rd

When Kenwyne plays he dictates the play.. we start using him as the outlet, mainly dumping balls forward overlooking the midfield and Kenwyne is horrible at hold up play which is what a big target man supposed to be good at.. Cornell is a tad better in this department but really meant for the counter attack and running and receiving into channels

Molino, Hector, Guerra, Daniel, Peltier, Winchester etc are all capable of causing a quick passing inteligent interchanging fluid attacking 4 as well as all have goals in them

---------------------------Molino(false 9)---
------Hector----------------Guerra-------------Peltier/Daniel

------------------CM----------------CM

I hope if Shabazz or Charles reading this you do attempt it.. it is 2013 and this is the way football is now.. you never know, it may work.. you TRIED the big man, he failed for years...  give it a go with these technicians and give us a new dimension

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »
Yuh trackin in de right direction..Shabba Ranks cyah see what you seein  though..just wait and see what kind ah chuppidness goin an unfold.
But in the defence of the tacticians and selectors they have bigger problems than just trying to find players to play in the different positions.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »
Bigmag i will have to respectfully disagree.

K.jones is a good striker yes, but his style don't fit our (T&T) style of play.

kenwyne supposed to be on a fast paced team like arsenal, liverpool or even everton, but teams that build up slow he would not be effective.

you say we don't have true strikers, but i think yuh wrong. i know i love this kid and will always advocate for his inclusion so yuhs might think i'm biased, but darryl roberts is the best striker we have, and corncurls ain't too far behind, you also failed to include andre toussant who IMO is one of the best strikers playing in T&T but could never catch a break.

you talking bout jorslin, but for all the time i watching him he only shines with F and G class horses, once yuh pout him in ah higher class he flunks miserably!

yes he's the top scorer in the pro league, but against technical teams who really knows how to isolate players and stifle your offense, i'm afraid jorslin and gay would not stand a snow balls chance in hell.

show me the big teams that jorlin scored against?? i remember him in the 2009 hex where he played ah few games and did jack beans!! he was just ah big body in the way, that's it.

i've seen andre toussant play here in NY in the concacaf champions league, and the whole stadium was asking "who is that rastaman??"

the fella was clean, precise made some amazing runs, had pace, intelligence and skill. it was also the first time i saw houton hector live, and i said to my self "wow this kid is ah wonder kid".

jamal gay is another jason scotland, has wonderful touches and looks pretty with the ball @ his feet, but no pace and can't out smart defenders. i think the player we supposed to have put in that striking position is kendell jagdeosingh,

that fella has shown that he could play the super sub strikers role while @ PR islanders, and he's played against some pretty formidable opponents the like of chivas, taluca, and the best MLS in teams in CCL,

but it seems like T&T coaches more than often make it a habit of getting their selection policy wrong wrong wrong every time!

i'm sooo glad that KJ and carlos is not on the team, id like to see roberts and glenn play together, strikers who have pace and that is not afraid to run @ defenders, i hope they don't use gay as a lone striker and put roberts on the wing again where he's a non entity.

i like this squad, and would love to see guerra and J. jones star in the midfield, i would also like to see what we would look like with a true bonafied right back in justin hoyte.

IMO K.jones should come off the bench every game as a super sub, a great tactical move IMO, if you notice teams get more out of jones when he gets to stew on the bench.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:18:25 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »
Hey Just cool

i did not say who good and who not good

i said maybe we can try something to have a look...thats it really...thats what the FIFA dates are about...no points
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>