March 28, 2024, 12:34:13 PM

Author Topic: Simply the best: Wired868's Pro League All-Stars  (Read 2181 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Simply the best: Wired868's Pro League All-Stars
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »
Simply the best: Wired868's Pro League All-Stars
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Joevin Jones is in, so is Daneil Cyrus, Cleon John and Devorn Jorsling. Those are the easy picks.
Click here and see who all else made the grade for the Wired868 All Star team: http://www.wired868.com/2013/05/29/simply-the-best-wired868s-pro-league-all-stars/

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Simply the best: Wired868's Pro League All-Stars
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:07:52 AM »
A team with 10 defenders Lasana. Kareem Joseph, Daneil Cyrus, Kareem Moses, Aubrey David, Curtis Gonzales, Joevin Jones, Cory Rivers, Jamal Jack, Rodell Elcock and Kevon Villaroel ?

How that can be a all-star team.

And I am surprise national players Theobald and Keyon Edwards not on the team, maybe Shabazz might have something to say about this.

:devil:

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »
Sando, you're quoting from players in the first team and second team and also using players who play in midfield to make a point. Joevin Jones and Curtis Gonzales do not play in defence in the Pro League. There are just four defenders named in the All-Star team and another four in the second team.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »
Sorry, my bad, realize that after I posted.

I also did not know both Joevin Jones and Curtis Gonzales play midfield.

Imagine, two of the oldest men in the league Oliver and Noel is still playing hard and better than many youths.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
Noel and Oliver put plenty of those youths to shame man. And Jones has almost 20 goals this season. The man is a terrific playmaker and even plays as a false number nine at times. I think he is definitely wasted at left back.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
I doh know de reason why it take Noel until de age of 25 to make his senior team debut.

Ah wonder what position Jones played the couple of times he went on trial?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »
Only saw about 3 Pro League matches this year, including the Pro Bowl Final. Oliver is the smartest footballer in T&T football, but lacks the work ethic to really flourish outside of the "little pond". Cyrus from Connection was probably the most exciting attacking player in the Pro Bowl Final (and yes, he played in defense), but needs to work on his temperament. I liked Akim Armstrong as well. He's a sleeper and can be even more productive with some quality time in the gym. It would be nice to see Pro League (and the respective clubs) push to make these footballers the faces of the game.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »
Joevin Jones should be converted to a number 10 for T&T and put him dead center.

Good player.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 06:45:00 AM »
Only saw about 3 Pro League matches this year, including the Pro Bowl Final. Oliver is the smartest footballer in T&T football, but lacks the work ethic to really flourish outside of the "little pond". Cyrus from Connection was probably the most exciting attacking player in the Pro Bowl Final (and yes, he played in defense), but needs to work on his temperament. I liked Akim Armstrong as well. He's a sleeper and can be even more productive with some quality time in the gym. It would be nice to see Pro League (and the respective clubs) push to make these footballers the faces of the game.
The one or two times I see Cyrus play with the Warriors he impressed the hell out of me...but what does work on his temperament mean, he is ah ass or what? And I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but as ah big Nashy how the hell he hasn't figured 'it' out yet?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
The one or two times I see Cyrus play with the Warriors he impressed the hell out of me...but what does work on his temperament mean, he is ah ass or what? And I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but as ah big Nashy how the hell he hasn't figured 'it' out yet?

I'm basing it on one match really, to be fair to him. He didn't like a tackle last night that a NE Stars player made on a teammate and came really close to causing a fight because of it. He had to run at least 25 metres to confront the player as well. It took him about 10 minutes to make a meaningful contribution in the match after that. Stuff happens when you playing football and I am not saying he can't take exception to a tackle, but his team is relying on him to do a job so he needs to regain control quickly and continue to play football. As I said, from the defender position he was the most exciting attacking player on display last night while doing his job quite well. How often do you see players like that in T&T football?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »

I'm basing it on one match really, to be fair to him. He didn't like a tackle last night that a NE Stars player made on a teammate and came really close to causing a fight because of it. He had to run at least 25 metres to confront the player as well. It took him about 10 minutes to make a meaningful contribution in the match after that. Stuff happens when you playing football and I am not saying he can't take exception to a tackle, but his team is relying on him to do a job so he needs to regain control quickly and continue to play football. As I said, from the defender position he was the most exciting attacking player on display last night while doing his job quite well. How often do you see players like that in T&T football?

Cyrus is my Pro League player of the season. He can really influence a game. Should be playing outside.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »
Cyrus is my Pro League player of the season. He can really influence a game. Should be playing outside.

He was with Sporting Kansas City in the MLS, but as soon as he started to get some games, he got a toe injury and that was that.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »
Yeah that make sense

He was with Sporting Kansas City in the MLS, but as soon as he started to get some games, he got a toe injury and that was that.

Well that make sense cause, like I said the few times I saw him play, he stood out, hopefully he get back 'outside' soon.

Dwolfman, hopefully that was a one-off night he had :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
excellent report Lasana...well done

good info for the people local and abroad to get some opinions on the local based players

Las...how did Jean Luc Roachford season turn out ??
I would like to have a look at Garcia of TTEC...
thanks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »
Hey guys. Good assessment on Cyrus. He does have a temper. I loved the fact that he sprinted 30 yards to get involved when he saw a player getting physical with his 18-year-old teammate. But then he spoiled it a bit by raising his hands and pushing the player. I think Cyrus is the most gifted player in that position I've ever seen after almost two decades covering the sport.
Rochford didn't play much this year at all. Eve's North East Stars is built around speed and Rochford doesn't have a lot of it. Kid sounds like an intelligent boy and hopefully he will find the right team and flourish next year at another club.
Nathaniel Garcia is a gem. Not just the talent. He is brave and aggressive too. I like the fact that he turned out regularly for T&TEC whether it was a midweek game or weekend match. Remember he is from deep south and it must have been very difficult to get up to Macoya to play for free to boot.
If Garcia keeps showing that commitment to the game, he would make a good living from the sport. A couple talented kids out there but he is my pick for that reason.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
Oh, when you mention Oliver's work rate, remember the man is 37. I think he has done a terrific job for Central and that club might have been two places lower in the standings if not for him.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »
Hey guys. Good assessment on Cyrus. He does have a temper. I loved the fact that he sprinted 30 yards to get involved when he saw a player getting physical with his 18-year-old teammate. But then he spoiled it a bit by raising his hands and pushing the player. I think Cyrus is the most gifted player in that position I've ever seen after almost two decades covering the sport.
Rochford didn't play much this year at all. Eve's North East Stars is built around speed and Rochford doesn't have a lot of it. Kid sounds like an intelligent boy and hopefully he will find the right team and flourish next year at another club.
Nathaniel Garcia is a gem. Not just the talent. He is brave and aggressive too. I like the fact that he turned out regularly for T&TEC whether it was a midweek game or weekend match. Remember he is from deep south and it must have been very difficult to get up to Macoya to play for free to boot.
If Garcia keeps showing that commitment to the game, he would make a good living from the sport. A couple talented kids out there but he is my pick for that reason.

Nathaniel Garcia was not even on the under 20 team  ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>