April 16, 2024, 08:22:46 AM

Author Topic: Winchester in 21-man squad for Romania, Estonia friendlies.  (Read 6665 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Winchester in 21-man squad for Romania, Estonia friendlies.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

Finnish-based striker Shahdon Winchester has been called up to join the National Men’s Senior team for next month’s back to back friendly internationals away to Romania and Estonia.

Winchester has been named in final 21-man squad which will arrive in Bucharest, Romania on June 1st for the match that will be played at the National Arena on June 4th.  T&T will then face Estonia in Tallinn on June 7th

The T&T coaching staff led by co-head coaches Jamaal Shabazz and Hutson Charles were forced to name a squad without the likes of Ipswich Town’s Carlos Edwards and Racing Genk midfielder Khaleem Hyland who have both been advised by their club medics to undergo rehab for niggling injuries. Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau is also unavailable.

The squad however includes the likes of Middlesbrough defender Justin Hoyte who seems set to make his international debut for T&T. Hoyte confirmed to Shabazz on the weekend that he is eager to represent T&T and is looking forward to joining the squad in London prior to the journey to Bucharest. Notts County midfielder Andre Boucaud and Kazakhstan-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr have also earned recalls for the first time since the early phase of their 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign back in 2011.

The other overseas-based players in the squad include Port Vale’s Chris Birchall, Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell, Thailand-based defender Seon Powers, Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector, Turkish-based forward Darryl Roberts, US-based midfielders Keon Daniel and Kevin Molino, Kazakhstan-based defender Robert Primus and Finnish-based midfielder Ataullah Guerra.

They will be joined by a strong line up of home-based players such as Caledonia AIA forward Jamal Gay, goalkeepers Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, Defence Force’s Kevon Carter, W Connection duo Daneil Cyrus and Joevin Jones, North East Stars forward Cornell Glen and Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald.

“We were forced to make some adjustments to the squad because of the unavailability of three of the European-based players who have just ended long seasons and have been advised to receive treatment and undergo rehab,” Shabazz told TTFF Media.

But we  believe in the current squad which is a very capable one and one that we are anticipating working with for these two international games and the rest of the build up for the Gold Cup in July,” he added.

“We’ve brought in young Shahdon Winchester who has settled in quite well with his new club in Finland as well as Radanfah Abu Bakr who is also enjoying good form at the moment in Kazakhstan, as replacements for Hyland and Bateau.

“Generally the squad has players that are all capable and right now  it’s about getting the chance to bring them together as a group and preparing them towards playing as a unit in time for the Gold Cup, which is where these two games against the European opponents which will prove to be a good test for us and valuable to our preparations,” Shabazz added.

T&T 21-man squad for matches vs Romania and Estonia

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (St Ann’s Rangers), Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders

Seon Power (Chainat FC, Thailand), Carlyle Mitchell  (Vancouver Whitecaps, Canada), Daneil Cyrus  (W Connection), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Justin Hoyte (Middlesbrough), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FC Vostok, Kazakhstan), Robert Primus (FC Aktobe, Kazakhstan).

Midfielders

Andre Boucaud (Notts County), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Ataullah Guerra (RoPS, Finland), Hughtun Hector (Song Lang Nghe, Vietnam), Kevon Carter (Defence Force).

Forwards

Cornell Glen (North East Stars), Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA), Shahdon Winchester (FF Jaro, Finland), Darryl Roberts (Samsunspor, Turkey).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:08:53 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester in 21-man squad for Romania, Estonia friendlies.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
Very nice team.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
Very nice team.

good balance for sure

Mods any word on what type of injury Hyland and Edwards have ? will they be fit for the Cup ?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »
My 11.

Jan Michael Williams
Joevin Jones
Primus
Cyrus/ Power
Hoyte
Keon Daniel
Birchall
Guerra
Boucaud
Hector
Roberts/ Glen

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
I think we are allowed a 23 man squad for the Gold Cup so I anticipate probably 15 of the 23 squad spots are already locked down. Probably just a matter of finalizing the reaming 8. The last couple games should show who makes the cut.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
Strange that Jorsling was left out.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »
Julius James, Cordell Cato and Lester Peliter would have been nice on this team.

We need a killer striker too.

Cant understand how Abu Bakr could get a call and not Julius James, then again, Abu Bakr is Shabazz boy.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:56 PM »
Phillip
Jones
Power
Mitchell
Hoyte
Daniel
Cyrus
Hector
Guerra
Roberts/Carter
Gay

Playing away from home, against a strong European team, I'd go with 4 at the back, with Cyrus as Def Mid allowing us to better compete in the middle with 5 mids, as well as his height advantage defending corners.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »

Playing away from home, against a strong European team, I'd go with 4 at the back, with Cyrus as Def Mid allowing us to better compete in the middle with 5 mids, as well as his height advantage defending corners.

Romania and Estonia are really weak European teams ... but point taken.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
TV?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »

Estonia YES, but Romania are NO pushovers, they generally compete very well in Europe against the bigger teams, and given the relative inexperience of both our Coaching staff and the majority of T&T's line-up of playing IN Europe, I expect two very tough matches Ayslum...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »

So T&T strong?....

Allyuh good yes.

Be grateful.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
more of a 4-2-3-1 with Guerra close to Glenn and the wide men more inside
JM Williams
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Hoyte
Hector
Boucaud
Guerra
Birchall
Daniel
Glenn

Would like to see us try the false 9 for at least 45 minutes with Molino on top instead of Glenn

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 03:56:39 AM »
Remember jorslin got ah straight red against belize, isn't that a two game suspension?

BTW, thank God he's omitted. waste of a good call up.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 04:06:49 AM »
Remember jorslin got ah straight red against belize, isn't that a two game suspension?

Amen brother...other than that we hv a young talented group...great exposure...oth...shabass is such ah dunce...he is try and fail miserably...he say that generally we hv a capable squad....what an impse!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 04:13:00 AM »
Yea, we could do without Jorsling and Jones (JJ). 2 waste of call ups, there most be some under 17, 20 or under 23 striker we could call up and give them a shot ?

Always good to have one youth on de team.

I feel Andre Toussaint might be a good addition, even though he kinda old ?

What about Rundell Winchester or Trevin Ceaser ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 05:05:58 AM »

It's an automatic one game suspension (which was served for de Peru match), unless a Disciplinary Committee decides to extend it. Ah know yuh eh no Jorsling fan, but he's been de top scorer in de Pro League for de last three seasons. That must count for something.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 05:15:23 AM »
Does Jamal Gay have a God father on the T&T team?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 05:41:01 AM »
Ah feel sorry for Hyland the boy always get injured when he gotta represent TT,how many times has he represented TT,not many times I'll bet.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »
“We’ve brought in young Shahdon Winchester who has settled in quite well with his new club in Finland as well as Radanfah Abu Bakr who is also enjoying good form at the moment in Kazakhstan, as replacements for Hyland and Bateau.

Ah wonder if dey have actually seen Abu Bakr play? His team eh doing so well. For de season, Vostok has played 12 matches, winning 3, drawing 3, and losing 6, while scoring 6 and conceding 14 goals.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »

So T&T strong?....

Allyuh good yes.

Be grateful.

ENT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams , Marvin Phillip .

Defenders

Seon Power, Carlyle Mitchell , Daneil Cyrus , Joevin Jones, Justin Hoyte  James, Robert Primus .

Midfielders

bateau, Keon Daniel , Densill Theobald, Christopher Birchall , Kevin Molino , Ataullah Guerra , Hughtun Hector ,  Kevon Carter edwards

Forwards

peltier  jones cato , Shahdon Winchester , Darryl Roberts .
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
I concur with FireBrands's 11!!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »

It's an automatic one game suspension (which was served for de Peru match), unless a Disciplinary Committee decides to extend it. Ah know yuh eh no Jorsling fan, but he's been de top scorer in de Pro League for de last three seasons. That must count for something.
Wasnt he with Orlando season before last? Couldnt be last three seasons. Anyways d Poor League is s**t so should it really count?? I'll prefer a young player who i have been advocating for Rundell to be given a chance to show his quality

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 10:57:43 AM »
Yea, we could do without Jorsling and Jones (JJ). 2 waste of call ups, there most be some under 17, 20 or under 23 striker we could call up and give them a shot ?

Always good to have one youth on de team.

I feel Andre Toussaint might be a good addition, even though he kinda old ?

What about Rundell Winchester or Trevin Ceaser ?

Ur a sensible fella  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
Ah just realise Sheldon Bateau didn't get call up.

Abu Bakr, lard !!! de man slow, Marvin Andrews running backwards faster than he.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
@Sam "Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau is also unavailable"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »

So T&T strong?....

Allyuh good yes.

Be grateful.

How could you reasonably infer ingratitude from my comment? Moreover, whether we are weak or strong has NOTHING to do with their status in Europe. Separate emotion from reality.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »

Estonia YES, but Romania are NO pushovers, they generally compete very well in Europe against the bigger teams, and given the relative inexperience of both our Coaching staff and the majority of T&T's line-up of playing IN Europe, I expect two very tough matches Ayslum...

I agree with this ... The matches present an adequate challenge, especially for the coaching staff. I am already braced not to indict the players. That's been my longstanding position on the engagement.

No doubt Estonia is weaker (infrastructurally, historically, in every respect ...). This is one of the reasons I've been advocating for Shahdon's inclusion for this fixture. Good possible cap and experience commensurate with where he is at the moment. Romania is stronger and have more of a tradition, and can punch above their weight on the best of days. I'm not suggesting they are a Moldova, but they are going through a sea change (think of the years Portugal was out in the wilderness).

Right now, Romania and Estonia are both in the same WC qualifying group. It will be interesting to see whether Romania can sustain its standing. If Turkey gets sorted, things might not be as clear.

Vis-a-vis European teams, I don't regard either as in a European Top 10 and that informed my comments.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:09:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »

Jorslin is the most immobile striker i've ever seen in a T&T shirt, and i've seen some bad strikers over the yrs, but devon takes the crown.

i have a very good reason for not liking his game, the man is slow, he misses a lot of clear chances, he jumps like he has weights on his ankles, he can't out run defenders, he can't dribble, hek , even scotty  have more skills than dude,

top scorer don't mean nothing, i look @ track record on an international level. any time jorslin goes up against non regional teams he looks out of sort, and IMO he's the easiest striker to mark out of a game.

and as for being top scorer in ah bush league, "big deal"! look @ jason scotland forinstance, the man was the top scorer in league one and the championship two seasons in a row, then he went to the prem and scored one goal, so much for top scorers.

scotty also had a hard time on international duty playing against tougher opposition, but he could score a hattrick against dominican rep who just started playing football and was in the learning stages, but could not afford ah single goal against the likes of mex, costa rica, honduras, guatemala or even cuba.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>