March 28, 2024, 03:06:57 AM

Author Topic: London Beheading  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: London Beheading
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
Ah find it take long fuh somebody to post about it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »

we have had it up to we necks with these mad men.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »
I'm surprise that the suspects are still alive.  Those cops show real restraint.  Could imagine the community when they lay down to sleep at night. Hmm..Lord Fadda. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 11:43:40 PM »

we have had it up to we necks with these mad men.

Yeah, dat is why I didn't post anything mihself.  Preacher dem fellas still alive?  I read ah account where police light dem up.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Yeah brother sadly they are.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303   They even have made more arrests.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
These events will last well into the future ... and by future I mean a yardstick of a century.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
That shit is gruesome, wtf is dis...savages

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 08:31:03 PM »
The comments after this story reminded me of this thread:
Obama justifying drones on innocent civilians is just as bad as that insane person justifying his heinous act of murdering a British soldier
Two-third of Pakistan's population has developed PTSD.
full disclosure: I haven't read anything about that one dude or that craziness. I try to shut that crap out, just like the 47 killed in consecutive days in the mess in Iraq.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 11:06:32 PM »
The fella who get killed was a soldier and is war them fellas fighting - People getting killed on both sides, only difference is the streets on which it happened.

- I'm not happy it happened , but I'm not losing any sleep over it either.

Poor guy in the story below...he is the real victim in all of this.

Staff Sgt. Robert Bales will plead guilty in the deaths of 16 Afghan villagers to avoid the death penalty, his attorney says.

SEATTLE —  The U.S. Army staff sergeant charged with killing 16 villagers in one of the worst atrocities of the Afghanistan war will plead guilty to avoid the death penalty in a deal that requires him to recount the horrific attack for the first time, his attorney told The Associated Press.

Robert Bales was "crazed" and "broken" when he slipped away from his southern Afghanistan outpost in March 2012 and attacked mud-walled compounds in two sleeping villages nearby, lawyer John Henry Browne said Wednesday. But his client's mental state didn't rise to the level of a legal insanity defense, Browne said.

The Army had been trying to have Bales executed, and Afghan villagers have demanded it. In interviews with the AP last month, relatives of the victims became outraged at the notion Bales might escape the death penalty.

"For this one thing, we would kill 100 American soldiers," vowed Mohammed Wazir, who had 11 family members killed that night, including his mother and 2-year-old daughter. Most of the victims were women and children, and some of the bodies were piled and burned.

The killings drew such angry protests that the U.S. temporarily halted combat operations in Afghanistan. It was three weeks before U.S. investigators could reach the crime scenes.

Any plea deal must be approved by the judge as well as the commanding general at the U.S. base where Bales is being held. A plea hearing is set for June 5, said Lt. Col. Gary Dangerfield, an Army spokesman. He said he could not immediately provide other details.

"The judge will be asking questions of Sgt. Bales about what he did, what he remembers and his state of mind," said Browne, who told the AP the commanding general has already approved the deal. A sentencing-phase trial is set for September.

Browne previously indicated Bales remembered little from the night of the massacre. But as further details and records emerged, Bales began to remember what he did, the lawyer said, and he will admit to "very specific facts" about the shootings.

Browne would not elaborate on what his client will tell the judge.

Related: US Army seeks death penalty in 16 Afghan killings

Related: US soldier accused of Afghan killings faces sanity review

Bales had been drinking contraband alcohol and snorting Valium that was provided to him by another soldier and had been taking steroids before the attack.

Testimony at a hearing last year established that Bales returned to his base between attacking the two villages, woke up a fellow soldier and confessed. The soldier didn't believe him and went back to sleep, and Bales left again to continue the slaughter.

Browne said his client, who was on his fourth combat deployment, was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and a traumatic brain injury. He continued to blame the Army for sending him back to war in the first place.

"He's broken, and we broke him," Browne said.

The massacre raised questions about the toll multiple deployments were taking on U.S. troops. For that reason, many legal experts believed it that it was unlikely that he would receive the death penalty. The military justice system hasn't executed anyone since 1961.

The defense team, including military lawyers assigned to Bales, eventually determined after having him examined by psychiatrists that he would not be able to prove any claim of insanity or diminished capacity at the time of the attack, Browne said.

Browne acknowledged the plea deal could inflame tensions in Afghanistan and said he was disappointed the case has not done more to focus public opinion on the war.

"It's a very delicate situation. I am concerned there could be a backlash," he said. "My personal goal is to save Bob from the death penalty. Getting the public to pay more attention to the war is secondary to what I have to do."

AP's special regional correspondent for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Kathy Gannon, contributed from Kandahar.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:13:53 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
re: robert bales

dey make some future militants with that decision.

==

"A prison sentence doesn't mean anything," said Said Jan, whose wife and three other relatives died. "I know we have no power now. But I will become stronger, and if he does not hang, I will have my revenge."

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-soldier-admit-afghan-massacre-202930434.html

1]; } ?>