March 29, 2024, 03:10:36 AM

Author Topic: intercol reunion from yesteryear.  (Read 8307 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: intercol reunion from yesteryear.
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »
Anyone remember a player called L Brewster? Whatever became of that player

Man you going way back in the times of Archie, Steve David & them. he had moved to the US
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
whey bout Richard Sutherland?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »
I used  play against Leo in the 80s in Brooklyn, DC, Baltimore and  maybe Toronto. Leo was a great talent that was born the "wrong time"(that is my opinion). Seriously Leo's first touch was second to none. I think his physique may have been an issue when it came to playing for a big  proteam. He did play or tried out for some teams in the NASL(anyone, please verify). But Leo had great ball control and speed and football sense. Fellas one of the best to come out of TT. Benedicts loss was Sando Tech's gain.

He was one of the main man for WestAm, later TrinAm. He used to play ah kind of mid-field forward. Absolutely fantastic to watch.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:19:01 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »
Sutherland, Jeez. What to say about Suds. This short man had speed, ball control and  plenty football savy. Again, born the wrong time. TT had so much talent at the time, they did not know how to maintain and sustain these fellas. He just faded away like Skippy, Cazimir Wright, Ford, Danny, Wayne Smith, Balfour, Wayne Lewis, Brian Rigsby. Right now I only shaking meh head when I hear these names. It still have men like Gregory Martinez, Trevor Leiba, Lennox Laforest and Lookloy and many more from that era.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:17:11 AM by Deeks »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 08:16:13 AM »
Sutherland, Jeez. What to say about Suds. This short man had speed, ball control and  plenty football savy. Again, born the wrong time. TT had so much talent at the time, they did not know how to maintain and sustain these fellas. He just faded away like Skippy, Cazimir Wright, Ford, Danny, Wayne Smith, Balfour, Wayne Lewis, Brian Rigsby. Right now I only shaking meh head when I hear these names. It still have men like Gregory Martinez, Trevor Leiba, Lennox Laforest and Lookloy and many more from that era.

Suds was sick yes. Mervin Serju, Barry Rostant, Errol Stevenson, Steve Khan, Dave Ruben, jerry Lee Wing ballers for days
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 09:04:38 AM »
He did play or tried out for some teams in the NASL(anyone, please verify)

He was on the 1974 Los Angeles Aztecs team with Kelvin Barclay, Ramon Moraldo and Tony Douglas, but I eh tink he actually played any games.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »
Brewster and Sunderland (Suds) were very good players.  Brewster has been living in New York for years.  I believe Suds is still in Trinidad.  Ah limed with Steve Khan at a girls soccer tournament in Toronto a couple weeks ago.  He brought me up-to-date on many South players.  Steve is coaching in the Toronto area.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
Sutherland used to play for Penal Sports in the 80's I remember sharing the field with the great man back in those days...he was a force for Presentation I hear..a small dougla fella similar to Kirk Martinez..

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
 Leo ''twinkletoes'' brewster  was a Boss ball player no doubt about dat , i recall seeing him play for de national team  in de oval against chelsea of  the english premier  , dem times chelsea was at the top of their game  , with players likes  Peter Osgood,and  Charlie  cooke   , the lil man leo '' twinkle toes '' brewster  had them elite chelsea players hopping in de oval ,, ah cyar forget dem fellas  real nice memories ....... de brewster man was a nightmare for defenders..... dem times......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »
These are guys from the 74 TT team?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 04:39:34 PM »

Nah Brewster was not on the 73 team and Suds done with ball after Technical.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »
Jus cool yuh was down in clermont saturday.
After we game I was sit down with truck and dem by de bleachers lashing some beers
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »

Nah Brewster was not on the 73 team and Suds done with ball after Technical.

I am not sure if Leo was on the 73 team. I know Peter was. Suds and the rest of those guys should have be on the U-23 team. But the TTFF never had one. Straight from colleges to the national team in those times. Swim or sink.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
Sutherland used to play for Penal Sports in the 80's I remember sharing the field with the great man back in those days...he was a force for Presentation I hear..a small dougla fella similar to Kirk Martinez..

I knew a Gregory Martinez from Pres. He was on the youth team for the Benson and Hedges tournament in TT in 71 or 72? And then he went stateside and played for Rutgers-Camden.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »
Talkin bout Penal Sports they put out some InterCol Stars like Phil Harris, David and Charlie Williams, Sutherland, I'm not too sure if the DPP Gaspard came from there also but the club was big in cricket and these fellas were also top cricketers..well David Williams represent..

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »
I thought Breswster went to Haiti with the 1973 team.  He definitely was on the national squad in training at that time. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »
I thought Breswster went to Haiti with the 1973 team.  He definitely was on the national squad in training at that time. 

Yes, he was on de '73 team. Played in the 4-0 win over Netherlands Antilles.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
Thanks, Tallman.  I also just found out that Brewster was on the 1973 team that went to Haiti.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 03:44:46 PM »
Talkin bout Penal Sports they put out some InterCol Stars like Phil Harris, David and Charlie Williams, Sutherland, I'm not too sure if the DPP Gaspard came from there also but the club was big in cricket and these fellas were also top cricketers..well David Williams represent..

David's younger brother's name is Roger from what I remember.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>