March 28, 2024, 07:23:35 AM

Author Topic: Boro’s Hoyte eager to join Warriors for friendlies.  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Boro’s Hoyte eager to join Warriors for friendlies.
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:54:10 AM »
Boro’s Hoyte eager to join Warriors for friendlies.
T&T Express Reports.

English-born Middlesbrough defender Justin Hoyte says he hopes to fit into the T&T squad as he prepares to join this country’s national team for the first time this weekend ahead of next week’s back-to-back friendlies against Romania and Estonia.

The former England youth international will meet the T&T squad in London before departing for Bucharest on Saturday morning for the friendly international against Romania at the National Arena on June.

Hoyte, 28, is coming off a season with “Boro” in the English Championship Division during which he made 34 appearances. Prior to joining “Boro” in 2008, he also made 34 appearances for Arsenal in the English top flight with a loan spell at Sunderland during that period.

Looking ahead to the next week in the T&T camp, Hoyte said he was hopeful of making a good impression and looking forward to making new teammates and friends.

“Hopefully, I will fit in perfect with the other players and do enough in training for the manager to allow me to make my debut against Romania,” Hoyte said.

“Then, hopefully, I’ll do well in the games to then be picked to be part of the T&T squad for the Gold Cup.”

Hoyte made 18 appearances for England’s Under-21 team and also wore England colours at the Under-16, U-19 and U-20 levels. He declined an invitation to join T&T prior to the 2006 World Cup appearance in Germany. But almost seven years later he plans on doing his part to bolster the current T&T squad.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to show my talent on an international level and hopefully be part of the T&T team which will do the nation proud in the Gold Cup.”

“I’m really happy and feel honoured to firstly be selected by the coaches and then to be joining up with the team. I unfortunately wasn’t able to meet up for the last set of friendly games but I’m happy that I can finally be part of the team and I’m definitely looking forward to the two upcoming matches over the next week,” Hoyte added.

Part of the T&T squad including the home-based professionals as well as Turkey-based forward Darryl Roberts will depart Port-of-Spain on Thursday evening for London where the entire squad will overnight on Friday before leaving for Bucharest on Saturday.

Defence Force striker Devorn Jorsling has been added to the 19-man squad with Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel unavailable and Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector ruled out due to injury. Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell is also out because of injury.

No other additions were made to the squad due to the late injury matters and the insufficient time for travel visas to be processed for Romania.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:59:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Boro’s Hoyte eager to join Warriors for friendlies.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:45:33 AM »
Gavin Hoyte was dropped by England and only played once for them at under 20 level, time to give him a shout, he is 23, maybe after the Gold Cup.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:36:46 AM »
Gavin Hoyte was dropped by England and only played once for them at under 20 level, time to give him a shout, he is 23, maybe after the Gold Cup.

They are brothers right?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
Yes, Justin younger brother.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »
Yes, Justin younger brother.

Thanx.    :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:00:37 AM »
What position Hoyte played in the european friendlies? Jlloyd around the team still? I really not up to date with the side anymore.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hoyte confident as T&T departs for Florida.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 04:52:25 AM »
Hoyte confident as T&T departs for Florida.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Guardian).

England-born T&T international Justin Hoyte ready to perform at his best and remains confident of this country’s potential to shine at the Concacaf Gold Cup, which will run from July 7-28 across several states in the US.

He, along with all members of the squad and management, will depart T&T today en route to its training camp in Florida, where they will prepare for their first taste of Concacaf Gold Cup action since 2005. No confirmation has been given to opponents T&T will face ahead of the Fifa-sanctioned tournament, but when contacted yesterday, the T&T Football Association’s (TTFA) technical director Sheldon Phillips gave the guarantee that the friendly team or teams will be named by tomorrow, after the team arrives in camp.

The players and staff were given a rest day yesterday to spend time with their families and well wishers, and as a result, most were unavailable for comment. However, Hoyte, a fullback born in East London, remained at the Capital Plaza Hotel, Port-of-Spain where the team was based prior to their departure, and spoke with the Guardian.

When asked about his initial reaction to the change in staff and the impact on Hart on the team thus far, Hoyte said the relationship to date, although short, has been positive, particularly in his style of training. “It’s been good thus far. I look forward to working with him. I think everyone’s enjoyed working with him (Hart) and his style of training.”

Hart was only unveiled as T&T’s head coach officially by the TTFA earlier last week, soon after it was announced that he and former T&T World Cup coach Leo Beenhakker would join the TTFA in an effort to revitalise the association and primarily its senior team.

He added: “I’m confident, I always am. I plan on giving 110 per cent and working with the players and staff.” The 28-year-old Middlesbrough (England, League Championship) defender, who has made two previous appearances for T&T and has since committed his future to the team, said he is proud to wear the T&T colours.

“It’s a great feeling wearing the T&T kit. I take pride in it and always give what I can to improve the quality of the team. I don’t feel the pressure of the fans on management because I always give what I can, and play to the best of my ability. It’s not going to be easy (however). We’ll take it game by game and work on whatever weaknesses we may have.”

Only five players remain from T&T’s last appearance at the Gold Cup (2005), strikers Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones, midfielders Christopher Birchall and skipper Densill Theobald and right back Carlos Edwards.

T&T opens its account against El Salvador on July 8, at the Red Bull Arena, in New Jersey, a day after the competition opens. Four days later, T&T will face Haiti in Florida, before ending its Group B fixtures against Honduras in Texas. T&T (81st) is the second highest ranked team in the group by Fifa’s standard, 18 places inferior to Haiti (63rd), five above El Salvador (86th) and significantly higher than Guatemala (84th).

Group B is regarded by many to be the easiest of the three groups, and while Hart has said all of the matches are anything but easy, the team is expected to take at least some positive results to stand a chance as one of the two automatic qualifiers for the quarterfinal phase.

Granted T&T fails to make the automatic places, the team may still advance by virtue of being one of the top two third-placed finishers. Only the worst third placed team will be eliminated.

Gold Cup Group B Fixtures

July 8

T&T v El Salvador, Red Bull Arena, New Jersey, 7 pm
Haiti v Honduras, Red Bull Arena, 9.30 pm

July 12

T&T v Haiti, Sun Life Stadium, Florida, 7 pm
Honduras v El Salvador, Sun Life Stadium, 9.30 pm

July 15

El Salvador v Haiti, BBVA Compass Stadium, Texas, 7 pm
T&T v Honduras, BBVA Compass Stadium, 9.30 pm

Squad

Goalkeepers: Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Cleon John.

Defenders: Radanfah Abu Bakr, Daneil Cyrus, Seon Power, Curtis Gonzales, Carlyle Mitchell, Justin Hoyte, Aubrey David, Carlos Edwards.

Midfielders: Christopher Birchall, Kevin Molino, Khaleem Hyland, Andre Boucaud, Keon Daniel, Densill Theobald, Darryl Roberts, Joevin Jones, Kevon Carter.

Forwards: Jamal Gay, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen.

Staffs

Coach: Stephen Hart.
Assistants: Hutson Charles, Derek King.
Managers: William Wallace, David Muhammed.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »
Only five players remain from T&T’s last appearance at the Gold Cup (2005), strikers Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones, midfielders Christopher Birchall and skipper Densill Theobald and right back Carlos Edwards.

Didn't know Carlos Edwards played at the Gold Cup, thought this would be his first...

Also, I swear we played in the 2007 Gold Cup.

And Jan-Michael Williams, Darryl Roberts and Seon Power were there in 2007 while Kenwyne Jones was not, he did however play in 2005.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:40:01 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »

Didn't know Carlos Edwards played at the Gold Cup, thought this would be his first...

And Jan-Michael Williams, Darryl Roberts and Seon Power were there in 2007 while Kenwyne Jones was not, he did however play in 2005.

Me eh know where dem fellas does get dey info from.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »

Doh forget Densill Theobald, he played in the G.C 2007 as well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:11:32 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13:08 PM »

Doh forget Densill Theobald, he played in the G.C 2007 as well.

Yes, off course, I meant in addition to the players he mention, Jan-Michael Williams, Darryl Roberts and Seon Power was also there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »

D SKY ON A RAINY DAY. They 2 lazy to even google d info.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>