March 28, 2024, 07:46:20 AM

Author Topic: Winchester surprised by T&T call-up.  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Winchester surprised by T&T call-up.
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:56:06 AM »
Winchester surprised by T&T call-up.
By Shaun Fuentes.

He knows this could be the one chance to stake his claim for selection on the Concacaf Gold Cup team. Young Shahdon Winchester has scored two goals in consecutive weeks for Finnish Pro league team Jaro FF since the news broke of his inclusion on the national team for the upcoming friendlies against Romania and Estonia.

Fully recovered from a recent hernia operation, the ex-W Connection frontman is eager to link up with former teammates Daneil Cyrus and Joevin Jones, having all played on the national Under-20 and Under-23 teams.

“When I got the call, honestly, I was a bit surprised because I thought the team was finalised already but at the same time very happy because it’s always a pleasure to represent your country,” Winchester said.

“I have waited a while for my recall to the national team and now that I got it with much more experience and being in the European environment week in week out I think I’m more prepared for the task now than I was a couple years ago. I’m very eager to link back up with the boys and face these two European teams next week,” he added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester surprised by T&T call-up.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
Is ... or is not ... Shahdon Winchester a footballer of NT quality? Thoughts? At 22 what are his prospects of staking a more secure foothold on the NT?

Eyyy, dis is not a bacchanal question ... so try allyuh best to be responsible in responding.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
Is ... or is not ... Shahdon Winchester a footballer of NT quality? Thoughts? At 22 what are his prospects of staking a more secure foothold on the NT?

Eyyy, dis is not a bacchanal question ... so try allyuh best to be responsible in responding.

He was W Connection's best player when he returned in January and is definitely ready to stake a claim to be a regular Soca Warrior. I'm sure he must have been heavily considered by SH as he is becoming a more complete player. Left foot, right foot, pace, strength and creativity.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »
I think that the reason Winchester, David and Cato werent called up was because these matches don't fall on a fifa date. The only players called up during their season were Molino George and Mitchell. Two are in USL and Mitchell hasnt got any minuets in MLS this season.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »
Given their ages a Winchester double barrel could be a definite possibility for TNT 2018 WC preparation. Both being in camp would have been nice to have. However, it's not an absolutely necessary issue for the now, and there has never been anything perfect or totally nice as far as our preparation in the past. Let's hope by the time it becomes necessary, we/SH can get all the pieces required, and paid for, to conduct as nice a camp as possible to build the bess explosive team that would be required. With one focus., if that is even possible where we are concerned.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
Winchester is definitely good enough imo, but doesn't he predominantly play on the left these days? If so he's got stiff competition

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:58:58 PM »

He was W Connection's best player when he returned in January and is definitely ready to stake a claim to be a regular Soca Warrior. I'm sure he must have been heavily considered by SH as he is becoming a more complete player. Left foot, right foot, pace, strength and creativity.
from an un-biased source

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
Fair enough, everybody ... ah cyah disagree. "Hold tight, Shahdon" seems to be the consensus. Your time will come, baller.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why DJW like to tie the Hands of Coaches with Shadow Winchester ?
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
I have noticed that many forwards become unavailable but Shadow Winchester keeps being pushed to the forefront.

I don't understand why he gets to wear #10...

There seems to be an obsession by DJW with this player...to get this player to be man on the National Team..I say this because when the kid got shot in the leg, DJW presented Winchester to Hart...when Corneal Glen pulled up the Coach was told that Caesar was unavailable...he was given no choice but to play this Winchester...I am sorry to say that Winchester is not up to this level.

I know that nobody cares to read my posts..if I start a new topic it gets deleted..maybe someone on this forum would be man enough to shed some light on this.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Why DJW like to tie the Hands of Coaches with Shadow Winchester ?
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 01:54:01 PM »
I have noticed that many forwards become unavailable but Shadow Winchester keeps being pushed to the forefront.

There seems to be an obsession by DJW with this player...to get this player to be man on the National Team..I say this because when the kid got shot in the leg, DJW presented Winchester to Hart...when Corneal Glen pulled up the Coach was told that Caesar was unavailable...he was given no choice but to play this Winchester...I am sorry to say that Winchester is not up to this level.

I know that nobody cares to read my posts..if I start a new topic it gets deleted..maybe someone on this forum would be man enough to shed some light on this.

He can control Winchester, he's loyal to the dictator..

Imagine a local team with no kerron Cummings, who better than anyone's now on the team lol it's sabotage and a joke..

And people home does just sit and watch, no protests, no revolutionary thinkers..

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
I read on wired868 that azaad Khan had put Caesar down as injured, when he really wasn't. First time I'm hearing someone making an error on the roster card.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »
I read on wired868 that azaad Khan had put Caesar down as injured, when he really wasn't. First time I'm hearing someone making an error on the roster card.

Curious at best? But then again is Azaad

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 05:44:46 PM »

Curious at best? But then again is Azaad

Azaad don't know from his ass to his elbow

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 06:54:34 PM »

Azaad don't know from his ass to his elbow

maybe someone's elbow is up his ass?  :rotfl:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »
i refuse to believe that this man DJW ran against timkee only to serve his own purpose by mashing up what he had build after years of stagnation under jack warner, i absolutely refuse to believe that people could be so bloody self serving in that country.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 09:23:32 PM »

Not a fan but he plays in a league that is more competitive than any other T&T forward

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 09:31:21 PM »
It's either you refuse to accept the obvious or you choose to accept an illusion
If you lift your head your eyes will be opened
Be honest to yourself and you will find and see truth
It up to you
Bless up
I think Sparrow say a million French men cannot be wrong
Hear this if Austin Jack Warner could see it,you have to blind not to

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 11:16:16 PM »
i refuse to believe that this man DJW ran against timkee only to serve his own purpose by mashing up what he had build after years of stagnation under jack warner, i absolutely refuse to believe that people could be so bloody self serving in that country.

I guess azzaad is not the only idiot that don't know from there ass to their elbow  :D

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »

Not a fan but he plays in a league that is more competitive than any other T&T forward

Clearly shown today. In Ascenso MX he scored 3 in one entire Apertura tournament and Cup.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 05:46:50 AM »
Bitter sweet Birthday for Shahdon.
TTFA Media.

Grabbing a hattrick or even just scoring a goal for your country on your special day is something all players dream about. First of all, you have to be lucky to have a game played on your birthday, then you’ve got to hope you’re into the starting team and then of course you have to hit the target. It all fell into place, spot on for Shahdon Winchester on Sunday January 8th, 2016.

But the result was not the desired one as  the 25-year-old Winchester explained after Trinidad and Tobago’s 4-3 defeat to Haiti in extra time in their CFU Gold Cup playoff encounter at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

The former W Connection forward, now with Mexican club Murcielagos FC, had scored one goal in 16 international matches prior to Sunday’s encounter. But he got the nod from Tom Saintfiet and delivered upon the call, putting T&T ahead after just 46 seconds and then scoring further items in the first half and levelling the scores at 3-3 in extra time to complete his hattrick.

The former Naparima College hitman spoke about his mixed emotions after the match

“To be honest it’s a tremendous feeling to score a hattrick for the national team. Words can’t really describe the joy I feel inside and there  no better gift a professional footballer can give to himself on his birthday,” Winchester told TTFA Media.

“With that being said there is still a bitter feeling because once again we didn’t qualify for a major tournament that we had in the palm of our hands,” he added.

T&T lost steam in extra time and Haiti pulled away with two further goals to send the hosts out of the Gold Cup qualifying race.

“Definitely we could have pushed some more in extra time. But I really don’t know how to describe it, whether  it’s lack of concentration or commitment but conceding four  goals from dead balls shows we really have to sit down and question ourselves,” Winchester said.

“There is still the World Cup qualifiers ahead and we must now pick ourselves up from these two losses and focus on the matches ahead,” he said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>