April 28, 2024, 06:17:37 PM

Author Topic: Air Supply brings house down in T&T.  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Air Supply brings house down in T&T.
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:24:56 AM »
Air Supply brings house down
By CAROL MATROO Monday, May 20 2013

It was truly “The Greatest Night of Romance” at the Centre of Excellence in Macoya, on Saturday night as Grammy Award winning artistes Christopher Cross, Peter Cetera and Air Supply took centre-stage to deliver their timeless classic hits to hundreds of screaming fans.

The concert was presented by International Concert Events.

Cross started it off just right as he wooed the crowd with his hottest hits. His ever popular “Sailing” and “Think of Laura” hit just the right note as young and not so young fans sang the words of the songs that never seem to grow old.

Cetera made a dashing figure in a white jacket, red shirt and dark pants as he took to the stage. “Stay the Night,” “You’re My Inspiration,” “Next Time I Fall In Love,” Hard Habit To Break,” “Hard To Say I’m Sorry”…all oldies, but goldies, that had couples swaying in the aisles to the romantic lyrics.

Cetera was interrupted during his performance as officials announced that the Fire Services had closed off emergency exits as fans were trying to get into the already capacity-filled hall. Those inside were urged to take their seats and the show continued without a hitch.

But, it was the British/Australian band, Air Supply, who literally brought the house down. Screams echoed throughout the packed hall as the super vocalist duo, Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock jumped on to the stage. Eager young ladies left their seats to stand in the aisles, probably thinking that they were too confined to enjoy what one young woman said were the “best songs ever.”

“Even The Night Is Better” could not have been a better choice as the band from “down under” sang their long list of hits. This was followed by “just As I Am”, “On My Own”, “Every Woman In The World”—which had the ladies grabbing on to their men, holding on tightly as they lost themselves in the romantic words.

The dynamic duo surprised the crowd as they leapt off the stage and walked through the aisles while singing “Lost In Love.” Even the band’s beefy security detail struggled to keep fans at bay as they tried to touch the men and take their photographs.

And people do actually swoon, as several women held their hands to their hearts while others clasped their palms to their cheeks while fanning themselves. They had fans singing the words aloud as they made their way back to the stage, but the crowd surged forward, and this time security definitely had their hands full as they crowded in front of the stage. Or maybe they did not want to try too hard giving fans the chance to get their money’s worth.

Which was definitely the case judging from the responses from the patrons. Nerissa Boodoo was pleased as punch as she sang along from her vantage seat. “I am absolutely pleased and I believe I am getting my money’s worth. I go to all of their concerts,” she gushed. Thirty-four-year old Teekaram, who is mentally challenged, sat mesmerised as he lisened to what his sister , Shobha said was his all time favourite.

“He said he wanted to see Air Supply so we brought him with my other sister, mummy and daddy,” she said.

“Just Claudette”—that was the way she gave her name—said she left her home in Florida just to attend the concert.

“I am having an absolutely wonderful time. It was worth the trip,” she said.

It was a much anticipated concert which delivered on its promise to deliver an evening of romance. Traffic on the highway and the back roads leading to the venue was backed-up as patrons slowly made their way, many seeking parking spots along the way.

Young men were making a brisk trade offering “safe parking” for $40 for the night.

The romance continued, many men were seen with roses in their hands for their sweethearts. These were on sale at the concert.

Fire officers ensured the safety of the fans inside the venue, while police officers were alert for those who may have had too much of a good time, what with the flow of liquor in the VIP and VVIP sections. A male and female officer had to call for reinforcements after they tried to detain a young man who was most certainly inebriated.

He tried to resist when the officers took his driver’s permit and keys from him, but they were able to subdue him and he was arrested.

Despite a few minor mishaps, it was a happy crowd that walked out of the Centre of Excellence, the romance of the evening still lingering, the words of love still echoing through the air.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Air Supply brings house down in T&T.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:45:41 AM »

Even The Night Is Better” could not have been a better choice as the band from “down under” sang their long list of hits. This was followed by “just As I Am”, “On My Own”, “Every Woman In The World”—which had the ladies grabbing on to their men, holding on tightly as they lost themselves in the romantic words.

The dynamic duo surprised the crowd as they leapt off the stage and walked through the aisles while singing “Lost In Love.” Even the band’s beefy security detail struggled to keep fans at bay as they tried to touch the men and take their photographs.

And people do actually swoon, as several women held their hands to their hearts while others clasped their palms to their cheeks while fanning themselves. They had fans singing the words aloud as they made their way back to the stage, but the crowd surged forward, and this time security definitely had their hands full as they crowded in front of the stage. Or maybe they did not want to try too hard giving fans the chance to get their money’s worth.

Which was definitely the case judging from the responses from the patrons. Nerissa Boodoo was pleased as punch as she sang along from her vantage seat. “I am absolutely pleased and I believe I am getting my money’s worth. I go to all of their concerts,” she gushed. Thirty-four-year old Teekaram, who is mentally challenged, sat mesmerised as he lisened to what his sister , Shobha said was his all time favourite.

“He said he wanted to see Air Supply so we brought him with my other sister, mummy and daddy,” she said.

“Just Claudette”—that was the way she gave her name—said she left her home in Florida just to attend the concert.

It was a much anticipated concert which delivered on its promise to deliver an evening of romance. Traffic on the highway and the back roads leading to the venue was backed-up as patrons slowly made their way, many seeking parking spots along the way.

Young men were making a brisk trade offering “safe parking” for $40 for the night.

The romance continued, many men were seen with roses in their hands for their sweethearts. These were on sale at the concert.

Fire officers ensured the safety of the fans inside the venue, while police officers were alert for those who may have had too much of a good time, what with the flow of liquor in the VIP and VVIP sections. A male and female officer had to call for reinforcements after they tried to detain a young man who was most certainly inebriated.

He tried to resist when the officers took his driver’s permit and keys from him, but they were able to subdue him and he was arrested.

Despite a few minor mishaps, it was a happy crowd that walked out of the Centre of Excellence, the romance of the evening still lingering, the words of love still echoing through the air.

Whappen like they forget the original hit, "All out of Love."
Dem days was the height of my puberty yes. Asking dem girls for slow dance and bussing the slow grind and so grateful for the erectus maximus to get a little action.

Aaahh, the innocence of youth and the perpetual cockstand.  :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »

Even The Night Is Better” could not have been a better choice as the band from “down under” sang their long list of hits. This was followed by “just As I Am”, “On My Own”, “Every Woman In The World”—which had the ladies grabbing on to their men, holding on tightly as they lost themselves in the romantic words.

Whappen like they forget the original hit, "All out of Love."
Dem days was the height of my puberty yes. Asking dem girls for slow dance and bussing the slow grind and so grateful for the erectus maximus to get a little action.

Aaahh, the innocence of youth and the perpetual cockstand.  :beermug:

LOL, You lucky, I had to contend with Pendergrass. . .Turn off the lights. . . ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »
All dem tanty and dem spending dey pension money on Air Supply tickets.  Ah surprise Ace Cannon eh make de trip too.  Den again, Mother's Day was two weeks ago lol

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »
All dem tanty and dem spending dey pension money on Air Supply tickets.  Ah surprise Ace Cannon eh make de trip too.  Den again, Mother's Day was two weeks ago lol
Tanty??

hoss i was there for all them songs, so weh you go call me, pops?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »
if yuh have ah tabanca doh ever listen to air supply.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 01:42:44 AM »
if yuh have ah tabanca doh ever listen to air supply.

i agree....

....i agree

1]; } ?>