March 28, 2024, 06:36:22 AM

Author Topic: You get what you pay for!!  (Read 3513 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You get what you pay for!!
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
Right now i glad we collect 4, in reality it should have been six or seven given the preparation and the lack of quality on the team, so say thank heavens for the lesser amount.

i've always maintained that T&T is a wanton society, especially on the part of the ppl who running the show.

it seems as though almost every country out side the region that we've played has been able to show us up as the frauds that we are. we fool ourselves into thinking that we can compete with the develop world when in all actuality we just can't! why? simply bc we don't have the tools to do so.

IMO this is ah reflection of the mentality of our ppl , and more importantly our leaders. we have the best GDP in the cariibean, french , spanish and english speaking caribbean, yet we are grossly underachieving.

our infrastructure is simply laughable for a country that small with all this available wealth. what's also laughable is our educational and judicial system, and that's bc we are a ppl who don't strive for excellence!

we also tend to suffer from illusions of grandeur, thinking that we are right up there with the rest of the developed world, but in reality we're far far from that.

we as a ppl tend to piggy back and find solace in the accomplishment of our fellow trinis who were exceptional in their own right, ppl that put T&T on the map, but is this a proper reflection of our society?

ppl like dwight york, latapy, anya ayoung chee, brian lara, robert greenwich, george padmore, CLR james just to name a few are just exceptional ppl and not the norm in this society. i'm not trying to over look the fact that we are a naturally gifted and talented society, but do we really invest and nurture that talent pool?

do our govt even care about anything unrelated to "governing"?  for instance proper facilities and tutoring in the arts, sports and technological advancement?

i see every yr we send our boys out there to be embarrassed in the eyes of the world by ppl who are not more talented than us, but who are better equipped and "trained"!! and today was no exception.

i say until someone is willing to step out and implement radical change in the way we approach things in this society, then we will continue to be shown up in the eyes of the world as the fraudulent one trick pony that we are.

it's time to build academies for sports, technology and the arts kamla. what yuh waiting for?? get cracking!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:19:25 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: You get what you pay for!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »
I didn't expect anything less than 6-0 so for me the result wasn't that bad.I took into consideration some pertinent facts: 1.we are just recovering from 7 years of turmoil that all but ruined our football,2.we were playing a top European team whose players play in top European leagues,3.we played without some of our better players,4.we were ill prepared to tackle a European team,5.our coaches dont have a clue.I dont see 4-0 as a surprising result,Samuel,Hyland,Edwards,Power and Jones would have made a big difference.

Nashy

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
Yes wonton, we love chinese food

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
I didn't expect anything less than 6-0 so for me the result wasn't that bad.I took into consideration some pertinent facts: 1.we are just recovering from 7 years of turmoil that all but ruined our football,2.we were playing a top European team whose players play in top European leagues,3.we played without some of our better players,4.we were ill prepared to tackle a European team,5.our coaches dont have a clue.I dont see 4-0 as a surprising result,Samuel,Hyland,Edwards,Power and Jones would have made a big difference.
Yes wonton, we love chinese food
My bad, typo. wanton.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
I think JC you does take some of these things to deep.  Every game we lorse doh have to be a in deep thesis and Trinbagonian psychology.  Some time you just loose.  These fellas were out matched and under prepared that's about it.  Doh make it sound like they are incapable of success.  I wanna look forward to the GC so easy up.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 06:46:36 PM »
I think JC you does take some of these things to deep.  Every game we lorse doh have to be a in deep thesis and Trinbagonian psychology.  Some time you just loose.  These fellas were out matched and under prepared that's about it.  Doh make it sound like they are incapable of success.  I wanna look forward to the GC so easy up.  :)
Breds, losing is when yuh get beat 3-2,  2 nill, 4-3, but when yuh collect four unanswered goals that is ah drubbing!

i doh take nothing deep, that's your opinion, but when yuh watching T&T football for over two decades and keep seeing the same short comings, then yuh must wonder if anyone's even paying fackin attention, ah mean how could the ppl in charge be soooo fackin clueless??!!

like i said, we were not less talented, as ah matter of fact we probably have more talent on the team than those guys, but it was clearly obvious that they were better equipped and better trained than us, and this is my beef,

we need to start taking things more seriously before we go out there and embarrass a whole fackin nation on account of our neglectfulness! aren't you tired of us being embarrassed like that when we obviously have the potential to do better??
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:01:25 PM by just cool »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
Breds, losing is when yuh get beat 3-2,  2 nill, 4-3, but when yuh collect four unanswered goals that is ah drubbing!

i doh take nothing deep, that's your opinion, but when yuh watching T&T football for over two decades and keep seeing the same short comings, then yuh must wonder if anyone's even paying fackin attention, ah mean how could the ppl in charge be soooo fackin clueless??!!

like i said, we were not less talented, as ah matter of fact we probably have more talent on the team than those guys, but it was clearly obvious that they were better equipped and better trained than us, and this is my beef,

we need to start taking things more seriously before we go out there and embarrass a whole fackin nation on account of our neglectfulness! aren't you tired of us being embarrassed like that when we obviously have the potential to do better??

The first part is a player development issue & it manifest itself in our youth & so called pro league football.
Things like fitness, intensity, speed of play etc. needs to be addressed. even the standard of pitches need to be addressed.

If I am being honest, I cannot be over critical, because if your working at a sprinting level of 10.5 seconds, you cannot come race day & run 9.8.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »

LOL  alright horse.  :beermug:  JC say it's a drubbing. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
I think you are quite mistaken if you think our talent for football is on par with any European country.. Just cause we are blessed with certain skills, don't mean we are on the same skill level in aspects of any sport. The Fastest man in the world, may not be able to outrun a conference player with footballs at their feet...Let Romania bring a pan side to panorama (any size ban) and see how much liks they get nah  ;D

add: San Marino will probably beat we, if we don't bring we A game..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:00:57 PM by maxg »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
I think you are quite mistaken if you think our talent for football is on par with any European country.. Just cause we are blessed with certain skills, don't mean we are on the same skill level in aspects of any sport. The Fastest man in the world, may not be able to outrun a conference player with footballs at their feet...Let Romania bring a pan side to panorama (any size ban) and see how much liks they get nah  ;D

add: San Marino will probably beat we, if we don't bring we A game..
:devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »
Oh Gawd boy heresy yuh talkin dey ..you sounding like a Oxford graduate..you and Naipaul took some ah de same philosophy classes..
Profound boy ..dat's what football does to brain..it cause people with brains to think...stimulation fuh de cerebral cortex.

Fire de man..Shabazz..all de problems solved..then we'll be back wid de first world..trust me.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »
We know what our deficiencies are,yet we continue on that same path expecting a different result..
Madness

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
Sjahrain your observation is spot on..that's why I say fire Shabazz because I am not seeing anything different game after game..well I lied I saw some different players..but what was happening on the field was the same attempt at a  system and philosophy that have been tried and failed and retried..

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
A little fish in a small pond is king,a little fish in a big pond is BAIT... :devil:...4 - 0
Its been said time and time again,when the leaders have no vision the people perish
It blows my mind at this moment,we do not have a settled squad,for these two friendlies,these two games should be dress rehearsal for the gold cup,not a tryout for players,who may or may not make the gold cup squad
We need to stop the small mind games,this should not be about individual or personalities but about the end product...T&T

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
Thank you Mr Sjahrain you are one of the few on this forum talking the truth...

voice in wilderness....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
Sjahrain your observation is spot on..that's why I say fire Shabazz because I am not seeing anything different game after game..well I lied I saw some different players..but what was happening on the field was the same attempt at a  system and philosophy that have been tried and failed and retried..
How old are you guy??

i have young kids in my family who doh behave like you, it's almost like yuh geyin real monkey kicks @ the board's expense!

on every single active thread you keep singing the same mantra "fire shabba, fire shabba, fire shabba" oh God man cut it out nah, it real fackin annoying yow!

i now know why ppl does get cut down in trini so easy oui, it have some real clowns emanating from that island of lately, and yuhs ah perfect example. cool it now nah bro, the ting eh funny no mo, as ah matter of fact it's quite sickening.  :pissedoff:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:26:24 PM by just cool »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
I didn't know there was an age limit ..I have never used or ever insinuated profanity on this forum..how old are you? Your profanity has been sickening me  and I have never complained about it ..why? because that's your choice of expression.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »
I didn't know there was an age limit ..I have never used or ever insinuated profanity on this forum..how old are you? Your profanity has been sickening me  and I have never complained about it ..why? because that's your choice of expression.
Yuhs ah a$$!!

you know what's profane? the bullsh!t you've been doing for the past three months since yuh realize how much fun trolling could be.

since when profanity has bothered anyone on this forum especially when 90% of us are cussbuds?? i'd rather have a forumite using "profanity" and making a point than to have someone just going around saying the same one liner for two weeks, now IMO that is absolutely fackin annoying and profane!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
Yes wanton we love Chinese food????
Please explain JC,seems like a Trini thing.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
I changed it bro, i made an error.  ::) and why am i going through this right now, come man allyuh just flow and stop playing grammar queens nah.

breds the word is W A N T O N, go look it up in the dictionary, it's an english word.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 07:04:41 AM »
I changed it bro, i made an error.  ::) and why am i going through this right now, come man allyuh just flow and stop playing grammar queens nah.

breds the word is W A N T O N, go look it up in the dictionary, it's an english word.
I wasn't bothered about the word instead the line you wrote"Yes wonton we love Chinese food",as a Trini I just wanted to know if the line had some sort of meaning to Trinis,just trying to keep up with my Trininess.I knew the meaning of the word many moons ago.

1]; } ?>