April 24, 2024, 01:50:06 AM

Author Topic: The mindset is wrong by all  (Read 2337 times)

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The mindset is wrong by all
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
As with all forums there is always alot of knee jerk reaction to what is present of mind but taking a step back , everyone knows in their heart the core problems to our beloved national football teams and since prevention is better than cure, you can't use the same mindset in place, the perscription being written might only get you through the night and i do stress MIGHT. Shabzz or whatever he calls himself should not have any position  of authority as a Representative of T&T period , not with TREASON on your CV, i have alot of respect for Hutson as a person and as a very good and intelligent player i think his coaching career is still too young and lacks the proper exposure to be too critical at this stage.
 Talent is such a missused word by trini's, MJ had talent but without application he would be another Carmelo Anthony, coaches in trini do not teach the proper application of individuals skills in a team setup as it pertains to international football hence the speed of the game is so much above anything the locals experience and why they look so bad or as if they don't care or are trying. My brother always said football was 90% mental and 10% physical and people wondered why he always made teams and coaches wanted him, as i learned you make the game simple by being able to think faster than your opponent. When local coaches learn to coach towards a higher expectancy rate of mental execution then players will have to up there basic skills of pass move trap move pass move and not slow look at me looking nashy on the ball going nowhere football.
 Without the foundation of real life professional conditions within the TTFA  and all the way down we will be fooling ourselves forever and as for this foreign vs local, all great achievers say i surround myself with people who have achieved more and are smarter than me because they inspire me or tech me how to archive what they have. Only a fool refuses help and a bigger one who gets it but is too busy fighting it to benefit from it. Trinidad has always been blessed with talent , what it has always lacked was leadership

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The mindset is wrong by all
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »
Who is this man?
This is man after my own heart..well said padnah..preach on..

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
for football to go to the next level someone in TnT needs to figure out the buisness model.

It is not as simple as thinking fast.

we you play small goal 20 a side on a field 2 times the 18 yard box you have to think fast to be successful.

You can go trinidad and find fast thinkers.

The problem becomes putting teams together to play internal ball at club and country level.

culbs like W connection etc are a start but they are not enough of them and they do not have development from youth through adult.

No one has been able to solve the buisness model at the youth level.

Compare this to the US

from U7/ U8 all the way to college there are viable business model where people push football as a livelyhood keeping millions of kids involved in soccer learning and competing at the highest level.

Imagine if every town in Trinidad had Youth teams with hundreds of players playing in an environment where trained coaches are providing guidance and development who are doing it as a job, not a hobby.

Where improvement is a necessity to maintain a competitive advantage

Imagine what our teams would look like.

This is where the TTFF fails

They have not done enough throughout the years to begin to create such an environment.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
Ok padnah ..where do we go from here? What should be our next step?

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
You have either missed my point or with all due respect not gotten the concept of speed of game in correlation to speed of thought, a small goal environment does not benefit in anyway the execution of fast fluent play. Small goal is more of an reaction environment where your natural skill depending on your skill level is magnified, you do less running and less constructing of a gameplan than on a international size field moving 10 parts around at a certain pace to create advantages to exploit. That must be thought as to small goal where improvising is the key to success.
 Like i said exposure to a certain environment of that lives and breathes professional success is a willingness to open ones mind to the possibility of better and youth structure sounds great but you still need good leaders to leader. The plan starts with an idea but the implementation starts with purposeful driven visionaries. Good men are respected but great men inspire to archive a vision. Who in Trinidad and Tobago connected with football is humble enough to gain the knowledge to inspire. When the cancer's than are slowly sucking the life out T&T football are eradicated, only then can change happen. Answer me this name one coach that came out of Corneal's coaching school with any success as a coach , yet he influences alot of what goes on in T&T football and that is just one name. Unfortunately T&T football has cancer but instead of dying it just suffers along in pain and everybody says " it is what it is "

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
Who is dis man? Is dis man a Trini ? Preach on Sir..you on another level...
"Leadership" that is a concept yet to be deciphered in Trinidad.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »
 Who in Trinidad and Tobago connected with football is humble enough to gain the knowledge to inspire.
I had to under line that particular word...there are words like...entrench,nepotism,blacklisted
The Special Ad visor is no more a lightening rod, my intrest in the progress of our national team is to see how long it will be before the ship can be safely navigated

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
. The plan starts with an idea but the implementation starts with purposeful driven visionaries. Good men are respected but great men inspire to archive a vision. Who in Trinidad and Tobago connected with football is humble enough to gain the knowledge to inspire.

:applause: :applause: :applause: well yes,well said !!!!!! 

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 03:53:22 PM »
Ziritress and Sjahrain...both of you are blowing me away ..I don't believe that either of you live in Trinidad..if you guys do both of you should get together and share ideas.
Big things can happen when people with profound knowledge get together.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
Hear nah man dis thing called humility..oh gawd..not in Trinidad..arrogance is it..You know I feel that this arrogance they have is a cover for their weaknesses i.e low self esteem, fear of failure, lack of self confidence, low testosterone, short attention span , something along those lines.
They usually use arrogance with intimidation and that is how they get to control people around them.
Usually this lack of humility hampers their growth as coaches and as a result the players suffer..it's a shame.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
KND is 100% on the money!!

our local product is horrendous, and no one seems to be getting this! youth development centers, camps, preferably academies it's what desperately needed in T&T, this all out reliance on intercol to to produce the stars of tomorrow is a beyond clueless!!

just look @ our pro league, it's filled with former high school stars, and look @ the product of the pro league? piss poor!

yesterday was a perfect example, we had three players who never played in the pro league, all the rest were present or recent pro leaguers. 

boucard, roberts and hoyte were the only non pro leaguers, but cyrus, jones, bleeder, carter, jorslin, abu bakar, and recently molino were or still are pro leaguers. 

this was ah majority pro league team we went with on this tour, that's why our showing was so poor. another thing that bothers me sore is that our euro and MLS based always have some problem preventing them from representing the country.

man callin in sick a few days before it's time to push off, others bawlin bout they need to be excused bc of other commitments, this is something you would never see with US and british players!!

you'd never hear darren bent or ashley cole saying they having problems wid they gyul so they cyar answer the call, you would never hear clint dempsey saying that he wants to take time out for personal reasons, you'll never hear wayne rooney saying that he has a knock and he cayr make it, that is why these other federations are on top and we're way below!

all these teams does go out there with @ least 80% of their top players, but we going to peru and europe with pro leaguers, and this is absolutely absurd, how in God's name could we build a team and create any cohesion when we're not playing with all our best players??

the problem if you ask me is that these fackin niggas have no fackin national pride, especially this new crop! they want specially status without putting in the work, fack this new bunch of primadona!  warriors my cock!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:05:51 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
you give a man with no direction a gun and he might rob a bank, you give that same man direction and purpose he might just provide security for that bank. It comes down to options provided , the powers that be think only of what the power can do for them and not what they can do for their country and the shit trickles down into the mindset of the coaches which flows to the players. They are dressing up a pig with games against teams they have no BUSINESS being on the same field with to distract the natives from the real issues and they are eating it up (look who playing and where) when the program should be to build a core 26 into a unified team with a set timetable of goals for both coaches and players to archive cohesion and confidence.
 They spending money to travel across the globe to have tryouts, when you could stay home and get your house in order. Use that money and put it into a academy pool for senior team to the u14 teams , bring in  someone who knows how to put a program together to direct it, have your coaches be required to be at a certification level to be considered and support the players development mentally , physically, emotionally give them direction and purpose. Stop playing monopoly and buy real property (the players ) and as fans we are not Spain , we have no Messi and until we can honestly complete with Jamaica again keep your fantasy to the UCL 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »
you give a man with no direction a gun and he might rob a bank, you give that same man direction and purpose he might just provide security for that bank. It comes down to options provided , the powers that be think only of what the power can do for them and not what they can do for their country and the shit trickles down into the mindset of the coaches which flows to the players. They are dressing up a pig with games against teams they have no BUSINESS being on the same field with to distract the natives from the real issues and they are eating it up (look who playing and where) when the program should be to build a core 26 into a unified team with a set timetable of goals for both coaches and players to archive cohesion and confidence.
 They spending money to travel across the globe to have tryouts, when you could stay home and get your house in order. Use that money and put it into a academy pool for senior team to the u14 teams , bring in  someone who knows how to put a program together to direct it, have your coaches be required to be at a certification level to be considered and support the players development mentally , physically, emotionally give them direction and purpose. Stop playing monopoly and buy real property (the players ) and as fans we are not Spain , we have no Messi and until we can honestly complete with Jamaica again keep your fantasy to the UCL 
Yuh post are interesting bro, but yuh need tuh use paragraphs, it's ah hard read hoss.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:18 PM »
Zuritress..that level of philosophical thought expressed with such eloquence is difficult for some forumites
so meh breds yuh have to break up the writings into many paragraphs.
Some of us have short attention spans and cannot concentrate to read lengthy prose ..some may lack the ability to follow the prose with the eyes and probably read with a pointer or a finger..
so do like the man says..
bye the way...fantastic post , very refreshing.
Continue to educate us.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
Zuritress..that level of philosophical thought expressed with such eloquence is difficult for some forumites
so meh breds yuh have to break up the writings into many paragraphs.
Some of us have short attention spans and cannot concentrate to read lengthy prose ..some may lack the ability to follow the prose with the eyes and probably read with a pointer or a finger..
so do like the man says..
bye the way...fantastic post , very refreshing.
Continue to educate us.
While the fellah have good insights, he eh really saying nothing that hasn't been said countless times on dis forum, so coache quit making him out to be the second coming please?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 01:21:23 PM »
results of the games cannot be used as a yard stick as to how we are doing in terms of football development. if that is what you are looking at you are chasing your tail.

If Trinidad play that same Romania team in Trinidad we would probably win.

At that point would we be doing well?

The yardstick should be results over time

As this smoothes out the peaks and valleys.

At youth level we need to look at concrete numbers of participations, certification numbers of coaches and overall quality of the product.

1]; } ?>