March 28, 2024, 08:36:55 AM

Author Topic: Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson Arrested  (Read 4530 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson Arrested
« on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:08 AM »
What you guys think, did the judge go overboard with this one?

Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson Arrested, Sentenced to 30 Days in JailCelebrity News
June 10, 2013 AT 1:15PM By Allison Takeda

Chad Johnson, 35 -- shown here after he was arrested for violating his probation on May 20, 2013 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida -- was sentenced to 30 days in jail after angering the judge.

Credit: Broward County Sheriff's Office
 Ex-NFL star Chad Johnson -- formerly known as Chad Ochocinco -- was arrested and sentenced to 30 days in jail on Monday, June 10, after getting kicked out of a courtroom for slapping his lawyer's butt. The incident occurred in Broward County, Fla., where Johnson, 35, was in court to face charges of violating probation following his 2012 domestic violence case with ex-wife Evelyn Lozada.

According to TMZ, Johnson's male attorney was close to finalizing a "favorable" deal that would have mandated community service and counseling instead of jail time. However, those terms were taken off the table when, in response to the judge asking if he was satisfied with his lawyer, Johnson reportedly gave the attorney a playful swat on his rear. The courtroom erupted in laughter -- but the judge took offense to the gesture.

"I don't know that you're taking this whole thing seriously," ABC News quoted the judge as saying. "I just saw you slap your attorney on the backside. Is there something funny about this? The whole courtroom was laughing. I'm not going to accept these plea negotiations. This isn't a joke."

Johnson attempted to apologize -- but to no avail. "This is your courtroom. I have no intent to make this a joke. It's not funny," he reportedly said. "My life is in a shambles right now, and I try my best to laugh and keep a smile on my face."

Appalled at his behavior, the judge threw out the original deal and instead sentenced Johnson to spend 30 days in jail. Additionally, his probation was extended until Dec. 21, 2013, and he must complete 25 hours of community service.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/chad-ochocinco-johnson-arrested-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail-2013106#ixzz2VvaBu0FK

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson Arrested
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
Judge was not playing. It's never a good thing when your faith is in someone else's hand especially going against a woman judge in a domestic dispute charge.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000210509/Chad-Johnson-courtroom-butt-slap

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »
The judge is a power-tripping jackass.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:47 PM »
chad eh tired of getting in trouble?

something seriously wrong black celebs these days yes.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:42 AM »
Judge was not playing. It's never a good thing when your faith is in someone else's hand especially going against a woman judge in a domestic dispute charge.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000210509/Chad-Johnson-courtroom-butt-slap

Correct is right. He's a damn fool. Yuh black, yuh always in the news, and u in court for domestic violence in front a female judge.

She must make an example of you to show that she is not one to play with. All he had to do was stay cool and say "yes your honor, i understand your honor and thank you your honor."

It's called a court for a reason and you should not offend the king (queen).
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
Allyuh talking this way because allyuh don't know any better... then does want to turn around and bawl oppression when all kinda unreasonable sentence get handed down.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
I've been trying to figure this out..as much as I don't like Ochocinco I don't think he did anything wrong. The judge's decision wasn't based on the case before her...throwball players pat each other on the butt all the time when celebrating...it would have been reasonable to me for her to say plea bargain accepted but you're held in contempt of court for his presumptious and disruptive actions....would have made more sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:16:55 PM by MEP »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
Talk to any lawyer, no matter what side they on and I guarantee you the majority would say that judge overreacted.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 08:24:16 PM »
Allyuh talking this way because allyuh don't know any better... then does want to turn around and bawl oppression when all kinda unreasonable sentence get handed down.

I am confused.......Please explain.....
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »

All this talk about he in court for domestic violence and in front of female judge and doh offend de queen... de impression is that the courtroom is the judge personal fiefdom and that you can't do anything that they might take offense with.  The reality is that the judge can't arbitrarily decide what and what isn't offensive.  The judge is in charge and should not be disrespected, nor should the function of the court be trifled with or disrupted... but nothing of the sort happened here.  If allyuh was to spend more time in court to see what really goes on allyuh would realize what an overreaction this is.  If allyuh was to be a bit more familiar with the law, and what is, from what isn't allowed, then allyuh would realize how inappropriate it is for her to jail him.  The biggest problem people have is not knowing their rights as citizens.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 03:23:13 AM »
Whaiz de story with "Jenny from de block"? She seemed problematic from jump.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
I hear you Bakes but she felt he disrupted her courtroom and jailed him for 30 days, I think she over reacted to the situation but she's the one who makes the ultimate decision so if your faith lies in the judges hands, you should do everything for that person to be fair or lenient with you.

I'll defer to you on this since this is your profession but what are his options now she gave him 30 days for something silly? Can he fight this or is the decision final? Because that's the way it seems.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »
I hear you Bakes but she felt he disrupted her courtroom and jailed him for 30 days, I think she over reacted to the situation but she's the one who makes the ultimate decision so if your faith lies in the judges hands, you should do everything in your power for that person to be fair or lenient with you since you're at their mercy.

I'll defer to you on this since this is your profession but what are his options now she gave him 30 days for something silly? Can he fight this or is the decision final? Because that's the way it seems.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
I hear you Bakes but she felt he disrupted her courtroom and jailed him for 30 days, I think she over reacted to the situation but she's the one who makes the ultimate decision so if your faith lies in the judges hands, you should do everything in your power for that person to be fair or lenient with you since you're at their mercy.

That's the thing... how does one know what is and isn't offensive?  Most of us have a fair understanding of what the rules of decorum would require, but how do you tip toe around a particular judge's sensitivities if you don't know what they are.  Are you supposed to be like a robot for as long as you're in a courtroom?  Supposed the judge takes offense because you exaggerating his formal you supposed to be?  You can't have judges acting arbitrarily and they could be disciplined for it.  Consider the following:

This judge overlooks the obvious that this girl had issues when she appeared before him, sets her bond at $5,000, but raises it after she says "adios" to him as she's leaving.  Mind you, both of them are Hispanic (probably Cuban, given the location)... why he takes offense to that is anyone's guess, but presumably he assumes she was mocking his ethnicity... which she shares.  Now mind you, the public defender even tries to interject and ask the court to appoint him to represent her as he realizes things are getting out of hand and the judge disregards him ("no I am not going to appoint you, she has a 'lot of jewelry' she can afford to hire a private attorney")

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrU5QMLwVIk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WrU5QMLwVIk</a>

She then reacts by cursing and flipping him off, earning her 30 days in jail.    A couple days later after sobering up she apologizes and the judge pretty much acknowledges that he overreacted by jailing her.  Still no comment as to why he raised her bond in the first place, which set the entire ball in motion.  You can't just raise someone's bond vindictively or punitively because you don't like what they did or said... same with the Chad Johnson situation.

-----------------------------------

Another situation... this defendant appears before this judge on a bond hearing as well (note, you hardly find judges sitting in higher court carrying on with this foolishness) and proceeds to ask the defendant if he used marijuana that day.  His attorney, who had only been admitted to the bar 3 weeks earlier, interjects and asserts the 5th on his client's behalf because it's incriminatory information that could get him in trouble.  The judge proceeds to insult and disrespect the attorney, and subsequently throws him in jail for contempt... for what, who knows?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZC8mf_Alvg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZC8mf_Alvg</a>

Thankfully the contempt charge was immediately appealed to another judge who issued a stay several hours later.  The state disciplinary board reccommended a public reprimand and 30 days suspension for the judge, which the Michigan Supreme Court (the ultimate body responsible for discipline) agreed to.  So that shows that these "kings and queens" don't have absolute reign in the courtroom... and answers the question of what could be done.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »
 :beermug: Well hopefully this judge gets repremanded as well for acting unreasonable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »

Que?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 02:52:40 PM »
Talk to any lawyer, no matter what side they on and I guarantee you the majority would say that judge overreacted.

Maybe she wants to be the next Judge JudyKatie

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »

Que?

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
Used to have a little, now I have a lot
No matter where I go, I know where I came from (South-Side Bronx!)
Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
Used to have a little, now I have a lot
No matter where I go, I know where I came from (South-Side Bronx!)

Evelyn Lozada never left the neighborhood.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »

All this talk about he in court for domestic violence and in front of female judge and doh offend de queen... de impression is that the courtroom is the judge personal fiefdom and that you can't do anything that they might take offense with.  The reality is that the judge can't arbitrarily decide what and what isn't offensive.  The judge is in charge and should not be disrespected, nor should the function of the court be trifled with or disrupted... but nothing of the sort happened here.  If allyuh was to spend more time in court to see what really goes on allyuh would realize what an overreaction this is.  If allyuh was to be a bit more familiar with the law, and what is, from what isn't allowed, then allyuh would realize how inappropriate it is for her to jail him.  The biggest problem people have is not knowing their rights as citizens.

But Bakes....you talking because you are obviously in the know, but contradicting yourself. You saying that it is wrong to think that it is a quasi-fiefdom, that the judge can't decide what is offensive, yet she yank the deal off the table because she felt her court was disrespected. Am I then to believe that as a lawyer, it's not necessary to pay attention to what certain judges preferences are (as far as what happens in the courtroom while trying to win cases or favourable rulings)?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:18:57 PM by Conquering Lion »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
Maybe she wants to be the next Judge JudyKatie

I actually wouldn't be surprised if she doh have she eye on some bigger prize.  A lot of these judges trying too hard to make name fuh deyself.

But Bakes....you talking because you are obviously in the know, but contradicting yourself. You saying that it is wrong to think that it is a quasi-fiefdom, that the judge can't decide what is offensive, yet she yank the deal off the table because she felt her court was disrespected. Am I then to believe that as a lawyer, it's not necessary to pay attention to what certain judges preferences are (as far as what happens in the courtroom while trying to win cases or favourable rulings)?

The judge could absolutely decide what is and isn't offensive... but that can't be some arbitrary decision (see the bolded statement), and ultimately, whatever they rule is subject to review and possible sanction.  When you go into court of course be humble and deferential, but don't act like you have to accept whatever a judge does just because they name judge.  Maybe in backwards ass TnT but not in the US.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »
Bakes, off topic but have you ever been exposed to courtroom proceedings in T&T?  I was, once, while home on holiday.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when opposing counsel started calling each other "jackass" and similar.  I was informed afterwards that such occurences were regular.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »

Que?

Evelyn Lozada never left the neighborhood.

Oh right, well yuh done know she gully and mining for gold from long time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »
The judge changed her tune

Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson Will Be Released From Jail

Share   about 2 hours ago by Samantha Leffler
Related:Real Housewives of Atlanta, Basketball Wives, Gossip.

One week after Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson found himself behind bars for giving his lawyer’s butt a little love tap in the courtroom, the disgraced athlete is once again about to be a free man. Last week, Chad’s lawyer filed paperwork asking the judge to reconsider her harsh decision, and now TMZ is reporting that the same judge that threw him in jail in the first place has agreed to release him today, June 17.

However, despite her change of heart, the judge wanted Chad to know that she did not approve of his disrespectful behavior in her courtroom. She extended his probation an additional month — through October 16 — and even mentioned the domestic violence case that started this whole mess nearly a year ago.

Chad allegedly headbutted his then-wife, Evelyn Lozada, last summer after an argument, and the pair subsequently divorced as Chad was slapped with domestic abuse charges.Today in the courtroom the judge called what Chad did to Evelyn “horrific.”

Source: TMZ

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »
The judge is a frigging imps.  I was surprised to learn from the ABA comments that she was a public defender before she get appointed 18 months ago to the bench.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »
Allyuh see de pictures? Of the woman after she got butt?

Might be graphic to some!

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
Fella have anger issues. It will happen again with someone else
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »
Allyuh see de pictures? Of the woman after she got butt?

Might be graphic to some!

And she like big money man, well tek some coconut in yuh cyaw!!

i doh feel sorry for these women bc they does know de man dey hookin up wid have ah hot hand, but does still put themselves wid them regardless of their track record.

dem dey kinah gyul doh date broke fellas (fellas who have ah regular paying job) regardless how nice and loving they could be, but instead would do anything in their power tuh dey wid ah money man knowing fully well that the fella could be very abusive. 

ah eh sorry fuh she ah backside!! tek nut in yuh tail.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:18:21 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
I ent condone the violence eh... but I feeling what jus cool saying dey

I doesn't feel sorry for them girls at all. Not just de gold diggers and celeb chasers, even the girls round the block.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
JC you on to something but I didn't want to comment bc I don't support domestic abuse but this woman is a handful for those who've seen her on NBA wives etc. She portray's a sort of thuggish mentality always in the midst of violence and fighting, at least that's how she comes across. Now when Chad made the decision to marry her I was surprized! I mean she looks good don't get me wrong but her aggressive attitude is something else.

Chad Johnson isn't known to be a violent fella, he more likes attention and foolishness. I personally thinks he plays around too much sometimes but he could've been provoked to the point where he laid his hand (head) on her because she will test your patience. I wonder why Antoine Walker divorced her when she could been seen as a dime piece to many.

1]; } ?>