March 28, 2024, 08:05:50 AM

Author Topic: Shabazz looks for travel help to the US.  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shabazz looks for travel help to the US.
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:55:39 AM »
Shabazz looks for travel help to the US.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago national football coach Jamaal Shabazz will approach the United States embassy tomorrow seeking permission to travel to the United States as a member of the national senior football team for the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup, which runs from July 8-28 in the United States.

Shabazz has had problems travelling to the US due to his involvement in the 1990 coup in Trinidad and Tobago as a member of the Islamic Jamaat Al Muslimeen group. Shabazz said that while he is able to fly to the US and has done so in recent times, he often has to do so under certain conditions and restrictions.

The Caledonia AIA technical director told the Trinidad Express that he had approached the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to help sort out his situation ahead of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

“They advised me yesterday (Thursday) to make an application to the United States embassy, which I intend to do on Monday (tomorrow),” Shabazz told the Express.

Meanwhile, Shabazz faces no restriction when his Caledonia AIA team travels to Central America for CONCACAF Champions League matches in Guatemala and Mexico. Shabazz is technical director of the Morvant-Laventille based Caledonia AIA club, which have qualified for the 2013-2014 Championship that kicks off on August 6. It is the second successive year the club has qualified for the competition.

In 2012, Caledonia AIA qualified by virtue of winning the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship, but this year were only the third Caribbean qualifier after Jamaica’s Portmore FC in a play-off to join fellow TT Pro League club W Connection and Valencia of Haiti to represent the region.

Caledonia AIA are grouped with Deportivo Toluca FC of Mexico and Guatemala’s CSD Comunicaciones. Shabazz said his club has great ambitions in the competition.

“Caledonia AIA didn’t just qualify to participate, we fought hard for our place, we’ve made serious sacrifices, so I think our chances are as good as any other team this year,” said Shabazz.

According to Shabazz, Caledonia are happy to be pooled with a team from Mexico, citing that it is a good situation for them, since it will present an opportunity to play against an opposition that has a different style of play. “Cali” have faced USA’s Seattle Saunders and CD Marathon from Honduras during their inaugural run.

“Toluca has a good history, but we have a good history too. Playing at the Azteca in Mexico is exactly the experience that Caribbean teams need at this stage,” said Shabazz.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz looks for travel help to the US.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »
Sounds like the beginning of the plot for Die Hard 6

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
Haul he terrorist asss...nothing for u
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »
Denied
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 12:06:05 PM »
I could hear my boy Gus Johnson (yes I said it) giving Shabazz (murdering terrorist) and Charles' (ex-soldier) backgrounds during GC commentary, yuh couldn't make dis stuff if you effing tried!!! Good Lord.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
I could hear my boy Gus Johnson (yes I said it) giving Shabazz (murdering terrorist) and Charles' (ex-soldier) backgrounds during GC commentary, yuh couldn't make dis stuff if you effing tried!!! Good Lord.

Not to take any sides here but who exactly did he murder? Trinis does accept too much sh^t...Look at how much sh^t that country going through and not one violent protests or anything of the sort...Other countries they riot if the food price go up by 5 cents...Is time those in charge feel the wrath of the people. I respect all who attempt to keep the government honest.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »

Not to take any sides here but who exactly did he murder? Trinis does accept too much sh^t...Look at how much sh^t that country going through and not one violent protests or anything of the sort...Other countries they riot if the food price go up by 5 cents...Is time those in charge feel the wrath of the people. I respect all who attempt to keep the government honest.

Who did he murder?  You f**king serious?  You either doing exactly what yuh profess NOT to do (taking sides) or you don't understand how the law works.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »
Yeah but they had a chance to take them down and they stick...Any other country they would have piled them into a van and blow their heads open. They didn't..Dookeran got told to go and form a coalition government by Abu and the man actively went trying to form a coalition government. Imagine that...That is how much backbone these politicians have. Look Shabaz still being given National coaching jobs...Imagine that..So I not going to stick out my neck and criticise ppl like Abu and his gang. They and politicians are best friends...All of them are the same.

And even after all of that, they still fraid Abu up to today.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »

Congo, it is quite evident that you neither understand nor appreciate the seriousness of the 1990 attempted coup.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »
Maybe I don't...I am young but at the same time, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter right....Why would I call this one and that one a terrorist while the politicians cosy up to these people and reward them with contracts etc. Alluh men coming at my throat but we are calling a man who took up arms against the state a terrorist whilst at the same time this man is our national team coach. Alluh could call him a terrorist all you all want but that doesn't change the fact that he is the national team coach. So what exactly does that say about our system?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:00:50 PM by congo »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
Maybe I don't...I am young but at the same time, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter right....Why would I call this one and that one a terrorist while the politicians cosy up to these people and reward them with contracts etc. Alluh men coming at my throat but we are calling a man who took up arms against the state a terrorist whilst at the same time this man is our national team coach. Alluh could call him a terrorist all you all want but that doesn't change the fact that he is the national team coach. So what exactly does that say about our system?

haHA!!  :applause:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »
Nelson Mandela was also considered a terrorist at one time.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »
Because violent revolutions have worked so well in the past....

Anywhooo...

I say don't grant him any permission.  He willfully with full knowledge of the law broke it. He committed a crime and he needs to do the time. Its a shame the only people punishing them for their crimes are not Trinidadians.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »

Are comparing Nelson Mandela to Abu Bakr.... Okay. I would like the point out that what took place in South Africa was a popular movement, meaning it had the support of the people. What They did in 1990 had to do with lands Williams promised them, or some selfish thing like that and they prayed on the general feeling of discontent in the country (largely a global phenomenon at the time). Did the country want a new government... yes (maybe). Were we willing to wait for a general election... yes. Did we want a violent revolution against a extremely peaceful state with a rubbish army that would run and hide at the sight of war... No. If they wanted change what the should have done was form a party, take their platform to the people and let democracy run its course. You and your friends can't decide that you should run the country when no one wants you to. This is not Haiti. There was NOTHING stopping them from forming a political party. No they were just a bunch of Bad Johns with some guns.

My opinion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:12:54 PM by toonmili »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shabazz looks for travel help to the US.
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »

The system is shit.
Youtube Channel

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
And the system allowed them and still allows them to flourish so until they are punished or deemed enemies of the state I will laugh at all those who call them terrorists.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
Alluh talking abt democracy and all those fancy words. Everybody wanna be rejoicing when all those arab nations having their uprisings and massive protests but when it comes to any sort of action that could result in a change of culture and behaviour back home, everybody ready to find their hole and seek out their own comforts.

The general consensus was that the NAR was oppressive etc but when somebody stood up to them "on behalf of the people' everybody turn their backs. That is trini for you. Had it been successful or even a bloodless coup you would have heard how "oppressive the NAR was etc". History is written by the victors.You can't choose which revolutions to support. A revolution is a revolution.

The most democratic nations such as the US and the Uk supporting undemocratic activity in places like Syria etc but I will stay from the safety of my computer miles away and deem an individual a terrorist? These same nations negotiating and paying millions of dollars to "terrorists" to keep peace in places like Afghanistan etc...I don't drink the coolaid...Before 911, terrorist was a word used to describe communists....I wonder what terrorist would mean in the next 20 years..

Nelson Mandela could be compared to Bin laden...One man's freedom fighter is a next man's terrorist...That is my point..!!!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
Congo, no disrespect bredda, but the start of your second sentence said it all...and while we respect (at least some of us do) all viewpoints and opinions (until yuh prove yuhself to be ah damn ass i.e) on we lil forum, bredda yuh don't know what de ass yuh talking bout. And that's fine, you'll continue to grow and build character and it'll make you a better person.

In the mean time, stick to what yuh know bout...ah fedup putting Solomon Mcleod (et al) name on here, yeah de one dey shoot and drive over and bun-up at Police HQ, so ah wouldn't mention him again...so yeah bredda continue to laugh at we who consider them terrorist.

And ah know dis unfair eh, but save yuh responses for somebody else cause it will be (as was your other posts) wasted on me.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 05:21:46 PM »
Bro so if you know they do all this to the policeman and they still walking around free and getting ahead in life then why you mad at me if I refuse to point and call them terrorists? Is the system I trying to show isn't working. The man is the national team coach. He can't even travel to the states. You couldn't make this stuff up. Governments have come and gone and no sort of closure for or revenge for the people who were killed during that time. The system is a joke and for that I refuse to call them terrorist. I'm not saying I believe in their cause etc. All I am saying is that in my world they can't take that sort of action and 20 plus years later they are being rewarded for it. If that is the case then we are all in the wrong profession. So no I will laugh at those who call them terrorists.  Fix the system first...Any other country those men would have been on the run or dead. Plain talk bad manners. The system is shit and the politicians take it for joke. Look what they do to the SIA and Sautt and Opv etc. Alluh wanna call them terrorists etc but is only recently we had a commission of inquiry into the whole thing. What does that say?

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »
Alluh talking abt democracy and all those fancy words. Everybody wanna be rejoicing when all those arab nations having their uprisings and massive protests but when it comes to any sort of action that could result in a change of culture and behaviour back home, everybody ready to find their hole and seek out their own comforts.

The general consensus was that the NAR was oppressive etc but when somebody stood up to them "on behalf of the people' everybody turn their backs. That is trini for you. Had it been successful or even a bloodless coup you would have heard how "oppressive the NAR was etc". History is written by the victors.You can't choose which revolutions to support. A revolution is a revolution.

The most democratic nations such as the US and the Uk supporting undemocratic activity in places like Syria etc but I will stay from the safety of my computer miles away and deem an individual a terrorist? These same nations negotiating and paying millions of dollars to "terrorists" to keep peace in places like Afghanistan etc...I don't drink the coolaid...Before 911, terrorist was a word used to describe communists....I wonder what terrorist would mean in the next 20 years..

Nelson Mandela could be compared to Bin laden...One man's freedom fighter is a next man's terrorist...That is my point..!!!

If you think as a Trinidadian you know oppression you have a lot to learn about the world. The late 80s was a hard time for almost every body in the world. And yes, people were upset but they did not support violence, especially against a state that is not violent.

I agree that the face of terrorism has changed but the definition is still the same. They used fear as a tactic to gain control and power. Do you fear your government? I know I don't. I don't think I will go missing if I write bad things about the government. I don't think the state will use unjust force against me. Do I fear some sort of insurgency that had a selfish cause... ah yeah. Do you think the nation felt comforted by the Jamaat. You say they were standing up for the people. But who asked them to. Who elected them voice of the people. Most people were afraid of them. Therefore making them terrorist.   

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »
It's all good and well to call them terrorists but what does that mean? What does it mean that these so called "terrorists" could take such action and walk around the country and operate freely and with impunity? I don't see anyone boycotting or protesting Radanfah's inclusion on the national team. I don't see anyone protesting Shabazz representing the very country that he sort to destabilize. Like I say we could sit from behind the comforts of a computer and call this one terrorist and that one terrorist but that that doesn't mean much. The man is still the national team coach...The system is the problem and it's the people who allow the system to be sh^t. If you feel he is a terrorist then you should boycott and protest everything he is involved in.

So the coup came about because of some dispute over the lands that the Jamaat was occupying. I also seem to remember the army being used to intimidate the jamaat at that time by also occupying those lands. So you have a government using the military to intimidate a certain sect. Guess what 20 plus years later the Jamaat still on those lands. So terrorist? Nahh....I think the real terrorists are the politicians and "leaders" who allow them to flourish and thrive under them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:24:21 PM by congo »

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »
Maybe you have point.  The population have turned a blind eye to it. But generally I NEVER liked the man and I hated that he was put in charge of our football. I didn't even like him in charge of any team to be honest. It seems sketchy as hell to me that an criminal was allowed to mentor youths from an already troubled community. How do we know he wasn't filling their heads with a certain ideology (not saying that he was) but to me I would have liked to see some remorse from them. Did any of them ever apologize or show some soft of sincere attempt at making amends for past crimes. Instead they seem to have this "Do meh something nah" attitude. Just sayin

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 06:49:50 PM »
I don't think is a "do me something nah" attitude at all...It's all based on ideology and anyone who will take up arms against the state will never really apologise because they see nothing wrong with the action taken. Add that to the fact that the ones in authority seem to fear and respect them and you get why that attitude is bolstered. Again, if the political directorate was clean and had honest hands to show then there wouldn't be any need fear these people but they are all swimming in the same murky water and hold secrets for each other. I laugh when I hear ppl like Joseph Toney saying that he's still traumatised because 20 odd years on, he's still in politics and he still trying to sell bullsh^t to an already beaten and weary public. They didn't traumatise him enough.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »
What are the chances allyuh feel of USA giving de ole Shabazz ah visa?

I say he doh have a chance...I could be wrong though, we shall see.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »
Not a visa shall be given because unlike us a "terrorist" is more than just a word to throw around. This place so funny. Imagine he can't go to the States because of action taken in Trinidad while in Trinidad, he is the national team coach.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
What are the chances allyuh feel of USA giving de ole Shabazz ah visa?

I say he doh have a chance...I could be wrong though, we shall see.

Agreed. If he get through I am signing up the day after because I am as clean as a whistle... just don't have anything tying me to here and I've been worried about getting rejected. But Hello if a terrorist could get a VISA then who is me...

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 07:10:06 PM »

he should not be allowed within 50ft  of anything red, white and black. terrorist and shit coach.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 07:13:56 PM »
Traitor Terrorist. Walking free. Lucky this is not Iran or China
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 07:29:48 PM »

Now you comparing Shabazz to Nelson Mandela.  I could refer to you by all kinds of applicable terms... but I'll just let your own foolish words speak for themselves.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
Congo, no disrespect bredda, but the start of your second sentence said it all...and while we respect (at least some of us do) all viewpoints and opinions (until yuh prove yuhself to be ah damn ass i.e) on we lil forum, bredda yuh don't know what de ass yuh talking bout. And that's fine, you'll continue to grow and build character and it'll make you a better person.

In the mean time, stick to what yuh know bout...ah fedup putting Solomon Mcleod (et al) name on here, yeah de one dey shoot and drive over and bun-up at Police HQ, so ah wouldn't mention him again...so yeah bredda continue to laugh at we who consider them terrorist.

And ah know dis unfair eh, but save yuh responses for somebody else cause it will be (as was your other posts) wasted on me.

Well f**king said  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

It is clear this yute doh know what de ass he talking about and with each passing utterance he reveals himself to be more of a fool.  He doesn't understand the difference between peaceful resistance and violent rebellion and seeks to conflate the two as cover for his lack of understanding, education or both.  It is not my responsibility to educate him, so like you I will leave him to his blissful ignorance.  The only thing I will caution is that he should guard when and where he chooses to make these pronouncements in person, because there are others out there who may not be as understanding or receptive of his misinformed opinion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:37:03 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>