April 18, 2024, 04:56:45 PM

Author Topic: Eyeball Licking (Oculolinctus) Can Be Dangerous, Doctors Warn  (Read 1366 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Eyeball Licking (Oculolinctus) Can Be Dangerous, Doctors Warn

Editor's Choice
Main Category: Eye Health / Blindness
Also Included In: Pediatrics / Children's Health;  Infectious Diseases / Bacteria / Viruses
Article Date: 16 Jun 2013 - 0:00 PDT

Eyeball Licking (Oculolinctus) Can Be Dangerous, Doctors Warn

Eyeball-licking fetishism, also known as "oculolinctus" or "worming", has become a popular way of expressing affection or inciting sexual arousal in Japan. Doctors warn that it is linked to a serious risk of virus conjunctivitis, other eye infections, and even blindness

According to the Japanese website Naver Matome, the oculolinctus craze in the country among young lovers has resulted in a significant increase in eye-infection cases.

Naver Matome first reported on eyeball-licking when a Japanese school noticed that children were coming into class wearing eye patches. Apparently, one third of all the twelve-year-old children at the school had engaged in oculolinctus.
Eyeball licking is dangerous

Pink eye - a case of viral conjunctivitis caused by eyeball licking
When the tongue makes contact with the eye, it is exposed to all kinds of infections and eye damage.

In an interview with the Huffington Post, David Granet, M.D., an ophthalmologist said "Nothing good can come of this. There are ridges on the tongue that can cause a corneal abrasion. And if a person hasn't washed out their mouth, they might put acid from citrus products or spices into the eye."

There is a serious risk of passing on viruses. If somebody who does the licking has herpes and a cold sore, there is a risk of human transmission via oculolinctus.

The International Science Times quoted Dr. Phillip Rizzuto, a spokesman for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, who said there is a risk of eventual blindness. "The bacteria in the mouth are nothing like the bacteria in the eyeball, which is why we no longer recommend people lick contact lenses to moisten them.," Rizzuto added.

If the person doing the licking suffers from halitosis (bad breath), they are likely to have a huge number of harmful bacteria. Allow them to lick your eyeball, which has an absorbing membrane, and your risk of infection is considerable.

Animals use their tongues for personal hygiene (watch a cat cleaning itself), to a certain extent humans do the same. However, the tongue and mouth are designed to deal with a much wider variety of pathogens than our eyeballs are. Who knows what would be passed on to somebody's eye when the licker had just licked his/her hands, especially if that hand has not been washed in a while.

Written by Christian Nordqvist
Copyright: Medical News Toda
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Eyeball Licking (Oculolinctus) Can Be Dangerous, Doctors Warn
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
What the f**k?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:39:36 AM »
When i saw it I said the same thing .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:09:56 PM »
Hurting my eyes just reading
whey boy!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
if yuh tongue was long enough to lick yuh eyeballs, would that be a form of masturbating?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
if yuh tongue was long enough to lick yuh eyeballs, would that be a form of masturbating?
:rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
Eyeball-licking fetishism, also known as "oculolinctus" or "worming", has become a popular way of expressing affection or inciting sexual arousal in Japan.

I have a problem with this..if a person coming so close to you to lick yuh eyeball why not jes kiss them....or is it that they jes run up to someone lick dey eye and then runaway? WTF????

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »
this past weekend I met up with one of my old friends for a drink.
He was telling me he was with a chinee thing who kept going to lick his eyeballs.  I burst out laughing

After he was going on how weird it was and unsanitary , blah blah I asked him if it felt good; he said yeah   :rotfl:

whey boy!

1]; } ?>