Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131904 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #660 on: December 27, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »
Boy, Steve doh put water in he mouth at all, and like he an he padnas gone rogue

Point Fortin Civic doing shit in de league, Steve David should hire Hart to help them.

Hart should considering going to MLS.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #661 on: December 27, 2016, 02:59:17 PM »
Boy, Steve doh put water in he mouth at all, and like he an he padnas gone rogue

Point Fortin Civic doing shit in de league, Steve David should hire Hart to help them.

Hart should considering going to MLS.

What the hell that have to do with the relevant things Steve David reiterated, as well as de Leon?

Larry not informed on the undermining or the dictator and his cabal..

That's the only thing they didn't touch on was hart was undermined and sabotaged every step of the way.. which resulted in the players lack of performance and dismantling of the team

Good post, Larry and Steve know what they are talking about, Larry as well but he is not looking deeper, just surface level..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #662 on: January 04, 2017, 06:35:49 AM »
Hart, Saintfiet deserve better.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Distasteful, disgraceful and disrespectful.

Stephen Hart’s departure from Trinidad and Tobago football was almost as devastating as Tom Saintfiet’s introduction.

It is not everyday you get a job where the boss introduces you around, pats you on the back and then at the same time tells everyone that you might be dismissed at any moment. It portrays a climate of intimidation and instils no confidence in others that you can do the job.

Such was the introduction of Belgian Saintfiet to Trinidad and Tobago at a Courtyard Marriot press conference on December 6, when Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president David John-Williams disclosed that the Belgian’s time may be short, even as he handed his new coach a two-year contract.

“I will also tell you this, that if he doesn’t get the job done on the 24th (against Panama) and 28th of March (Mexico), he’ll be looking for a job. And I make no apology for saying that,” John-Williams said.

To his credit, John-Williams did give Saintfiet his backing when saying, “We feel he can do the job for us.”
But to publicly declare that Saintfiet was second choice and selected because he was affordable, was humiliating — even if Saintfiet was only second choice and cheap. No one likes to feel second-best.

“Tom came out on top in so far that he was not our first choice, for sure, but then he was also affordable as our second choice,” John-Williams stated.

Similarly, the TTFA might have found a way to better show respect Hart for what he has done for the country’s football over the past three years with the national team. In modern football, nothing was untypical about Hart’s dismissal, although far too many times, a coach’s contribution and good service ends in acrimony and dismissal, rather than appreciation and a “golden handshake”.

Stephen Hart deserved better.

Should T&T be successful in getting to the 2018 World Cup, no one could dismiss Hart’s contribution when, under difficult working conditions, he still successfully got the team through a minefield and to the final round of qualifying. He also got the former “Soca Warriors” to consecutive CONCACAF Gold Cup quarter-finals for the first time.

More importantly, Hart brought back respect to Trinidad and Tobago football during a three-year period when he twice matched CONCACAF giants Mexico, drew with the USA and beat both Panama and Guatemala (twice). A pity though, he did not receive the same respect and support during a lean 2016 when things did not go his way.

Bertille St Clair was similarly removed, three matches into the 2006 World Cup campaign, following a 0-0 draw with Costa Rica. A day after being fired, St Clair was replaced by a “big-name” coach, Leo Beenhakker, who already had the reputation of coaching the Netherlands and Real Madrid before taking up the T&T job in 2005.

One remembers Jack Warner announcing, during an April 2005 press conference, that Beenhakker would replace St Clair and that former standout players Russell Latapy and David Nakhid would be his assistants. Beenhakker arrived and at a press conference promptly informed Warner and the TTFA that he would be bringing his own people, due to the amount of work he had to do.

Saintfiet has no such pedigree and one could surmise that was probably the reason for his less than stellar treatment when introduced to the T&T public. The character that Beenhakker was, he would surely have walked out on John-Williams that day. But for Saintfiet, ambitious to build a reputation from the ground up, humble pie might have been on the menu at several of his previous stops in Africa and other regions.

Whether Saintfiet is a step up on Stephen Hart is highly debatable. But as the man in charge now, he surely deserves the chance to succeed and therefore enjoy the support of all. If Saintfiet succeeds, everyone will fall in love with the Belgian, conveniently forgetting his humble coaching beginnings.

Saintfiet describes himself as ambitious, with a decent track record and lots of experience. He is desperate to become a World Cup coach and makes no pretence of being elite, having travelled the hard road to build his coaching profile after a moderate professional career that ended early, due to injury.

“I was not Ruud Gullit or Diego Maradona, so I couldn’t start with Holland or Argentina,” he said. “It is easier to work with a good federation and good clubs with good players than on lower level where most of the times, things are not well organised.”

And having been to stops like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia and Yemen, he is probably immune to some of what was already dished out by the TTFA.

“This contract is hopefully till Russia 2018, because it means that we are there,” Saintfiet said. “And as a coach, if you fail in your duties, the president (John-Williams) announced it already, and if we don’t get decent results against Panama and Mexico, then it could already be goodbye by then. But, I understand that.”

As he gets his first taste of serious action against Suriname this evening, Saintfiet will hope that he can earn the respect he needs to succeed in this job with a positive result.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Hire Stephen Hart thread
« Reply #663 on: January 08, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »
Simple. John Williams have to be hounded with questions. The team looks terrible structurally & tactically. We have to force him to say he made a mistake & give back the man he job. As kenwyn said, we not making the World Cup without Hart.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hire Stephen Hart thread
« Reply #664 on: January 08, 2017, 06:51:35 PM »
This thread long overdue. I think some of the 1st team guys are still loyal to Hart. Perhaps some of these guys are quietly boycotting the team. Well then again I don't know. All I know is that Kenwyne is right about that one.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 08, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
Pointless if he is re-hired under the current TTFA leadership. He will not have the full TTFA support which he will need...but then again the current TTFA is inefficient at their job, and this will negatively affect Hart vision for the team
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:31:50 PM by Sando prince »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 08, 2017, 08:02:19 PM »
Hart ain coming back for this crap. As much as I will like to see Hart involved in our football, this administration has to go first!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
Simple. John Williams have to be hounded with questions. The team looks terrible structurally & tactically. We have to force him to say he made a mistake & give back the man he job. As kenwyn said, we not making the World Cup without Hart.
that and a green eyed elephant you will never see. i do agree that hart has what it takes to get us to the wc but he needs help organizing that defensive line and the goal keepers. without that we will continue to concede in every competitive game.

by the way i believe that the first teamers don't want to play for tt any more since this new coach was installed.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2017, 09:19:40 PM »
Agree. Hart has to come back at some point. I believe he will be back,is just the timing to be worked out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2017, 11:10:59 PM »
Why should SH come back to coach. Unwanted by the tiffa admin. Back stabbed by the team doctor and some of the players. Is a bobolee or what?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #670 on: January 09, 2017, 03:11:33 AM »
Get rid of the dictator and his shithounds and SH will return, but don't be sad certain players never play again, and rightfully so..

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 09, 2017, 04:24:56 AM »
To drink from the poisoned chalice ....Again....Madness that
That's like  painting rotting wood
The current leadership or lack there off has to go
Forget Russia a bridge to far at this point the damage has already been executed
Shameless ungrateful vindictive now let the rats turn on each other,they wanted it they have it all,let's now see who they try and pin this debacle on...I waiting to so see if they will own it ..Don't think so
See the robbers passing by...I will not shed a feat for those nincompoops....

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 09, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread kounty. As another poster said, long overdue.

Get rid of the dictator and his shithounds and SH will return, but don't be sad certain players never play again, and rightfully so..

Agreed, but that eh happening anytime soon.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #673 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:17 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread kounty. As another poster said, long overdue.

Agreed, but that eh happening anytime soon.

Why would it, everybody in the dictator pocket, so who you think they re electing for the next 7 years

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 09, 2017, 08:17:06 PM »
if djw ready to spend money on a coach, in particular if he free up the purse strings a bit, Hart will have challengers. "what is de budget?" I feel should be the first question.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #675 on: January 09, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »
if djw ready to spend money on a coach, in particular if he free up the purse strings a bit, Hart will have challengers. "what is de budget?" I feel should be the first question.

They won't tell us the budget, it's a secret, I've already asked is question ....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:41 AM »

They won't tell us the budget, it's a secret, I've already asked is question ....

contro, we know saintfiet not getting paid much. i'm not asking about the current budget. i'm asking about when djw want to start spending what that budget will be for a head coach. if the dictator decide is time to spend money, what kind of coach that could bring.

if he thinks he can continue to limp and still make any improvements in the coaching, that is a contradiction. then it will be a string of coaches of the same quality as saintfiet.

just like jai john said in the other thread - cheep ting no good and good ting no cheep -  :)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #677 on: January 10, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »

contro, we know saintfiet not getting paid much. i'm not asking about the current budget. i'm asking about when djw want to start spending what that budget will be for a head coach. if the dictator decide is time to spend money, what kind of coach that could bring.

if he thinks he can continue to limp and still make any improvements in the coaching, that is a contradiction. then it will be a string of coaches of the same quality as saintfiet.

just like jai john said in the other thread - cheep ting no good and good ting no cheep -  :)

Exactly what I'm talking about, he won't divulge that info like I said above.. no one knows what SANTHIEF is getting paid, it's all speculation

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2017, 10:30:41 AM »
Stephen Hart must be shaking his head in disgust right now. Or laughing his ass off.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2017, 11:11:13 AM »
Stephen Hart must be shaking his head in disgust right now. Or laughing his ass off.

Nobody laughing bro.  Certainly not anyone that really cares about T&T football
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
DJW never gave Hart the financial support to properly prepare the team. DJW goal was to remove Hart from day one and was only waiting for an opening to have an excuse to remove heart.

The 3 years Hart was in charge he did a good job and if TTFA had a president that supported Hart our football will not be in such a mess but instead it would be looking positive for the upcoming games.

DJW should resign, a new president comes in and bring back Hart, gave him the support to continue his job to get TT to Russia, It's our only hope at this time.

Hart has learned a lot about our player pool over the 3 years, we should not let that go to waste and anyone who has knowledge about football (which unfortunately there are not many this is why our football is in a mess) will know Hart is our best hope to get us to Russia.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2017, 12:30:09 PM »
We need: 1) interviews of the voting committee members
2) a proven defensive assistant coach ala Wim Rijsbergen
3) hart back
4) either the resignation of DJW & board or explicit full & complete public backing of above.

Otherwise save everybody time & money & withdraw from hex.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/YZnKHe3BL1E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/YZnKHe3BL1E</a>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:25:36 PM by kounty »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
The only way Stephen Hart would be back is if DJW is gone. I can't see how he can walk back in after the disrespect and stabbed in the back.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:47 PM »
People are too easily bought in Trinidad... morality is at an all time low in the nation..

The dictator bought his support, he's corrupt and the people who voted, the majority are also easily bought..

Trinidad has the talent to go very far but if we keep empowering sell outs who have no self respect or love for their nation and football we will be back to square one..

Ah sell out is ah sell out...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2017, 05:45:29 AM »
Reconsidering Stephen Hart post-Saintfiet
By Chambi Sey, SWN.

In the context of post-Saintfiet deliberations at the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), serious consideration should be given to restoring Stephen Hart to the head coaching position. It is likely that Hart has used the interval away from the role to evaluate, reflect and structure or restructure his thoughts regarding what worked, what did not work, and what will not work in attempting to qualify for Russia 2018. Not to have so reflected would defy natural human tendency.

With World Cup qualifying returning in a mere 70 days, and the national programme having squandered four valuable weeks of what would have been fourteen preparatory weeks, the federation’s focus should be consumed with what is best for national football, rather than with what could be best for national football.

Certainly, a new period of management and coaching experimentation does not fall into the former category. Even if FIFA 2017 financial disbursement renders Phillipe Troussier – the originally preferred choice to the departing Saintfiet – affordable, the operational calendar of international football and player development priorities render such a choice indulgent and profligate. Alternatively, some putative candidates for the job, from within the marketplace of domestic football, would suffer from the obstacle of having to surmount tactical naivete within the limited period available before March 24, 2017. Trinidad and Tobago football is not short of tragicomic moments, but it is short of Bruce Arenas.

Saintfiet’s departure presents the opportunity to marginalise emotion, and displace ego and hubris, with injections of common sense, reason and practicality. Although not devoid of error during his tenure, Hart unquestionably invested in the senior team programme, and possesses the professional maturity to move forward in the national interest, without wallowing in the hindrances of the several misadventures of recent weeks. The leadership of the TTFA is encouraged to demonstrate a similarly mature competency.

Hart knows the landscape, holds the coaching capital to resuscitate the interest of foreign-born players, has renewed motivation and incentive to achieve with Trinidad and Tobago, and possesses a sufficient record to consolidate and defend reconsideration. On a rationally supportable basis, the TTFA could have extended Hart a probationary period that culminated with the recently-concluded CFU Men’s Caribbean Cup 5th Place Playoff series versus Suriname and Haiti. It would have been an opportunity to right the failure to qualify directly for the Gold Cup and to iron out elements of play prior to hosting Panama and Mexico. Had that been the case, not many supporters of the game would have taken issue with a dismissal of Hart had outcomes versus Nicaragua, Suriname and Haiti produced results and approximations in performance consistent with those obtained under Saintfiet.

As such, the present crossroad requires doses of goodwill, grace, honesty, humility, introspection, statesmanship and transparency by the TTFA. Pursuing those paths, rather than another cul-de-sac of expediency, is what the national community wants of the federation, and what international observers of Trinidad and Tobago football ought to be identifying as mirrors of good governance and decision-
making in the projection of the global image of the TTFA.

Permitting Stephen Hart the opportunity and respect to redefine and restore his legacy appears consistent with public sentiment. That sentiment suggests that the footballing public is positioned to live with the outcomes of a Hart “do-over”, rather than to float through a new cycle of faecal experimentation. Ultimately, whatever the decision made in manager selection, it will be entered into an audit of the legacy and future of the present federation directorate. The choice does not have to be Hart, but it must be unquestioningly credible and immediately viable.

Take that to the bank.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2017, 06:09:11 AM »
Reconsidering Stephen Hart post-Saintfiet
By Chambi Sey, SWN.

In the context of post-Saintfiet deliberations at the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), serious consideration should be given to restoring Stephen Hart to the head coaching position. It is likely that Hart has used the interval away from the role to evaluate, reflect and structure or restructure his thoughts regarding what worked, what did not work, and what will not work in attempting to qualify for Russia 2018. Not to have so reflected would defy natural human tendency.

With World Cup qualifying returning in a mere 70 days, and the national programme having squandered four valuable weeks of what would have been fourteen preparatory weeks, the federation’s focus should be consumed with what is best for national football, rather than with what could be best for national football.

Certainly, a new period of management and coaching experimentation does not fall into the former category. Even if FIFA 2017 financial disbursement renders Phillipe Troussier – the originally preferred choice to the departing Saintfiet – affordable, the operational calendar of international football and player development priorities render such a choice indulgent and profligate. Alternatively, some putative candidates for the job, from within the marketplace of domestic football, would suffer from the obstacle of having to surmount tactical naivete within the limited period available before March 24, 2017. Trinidad and Tobago football is not short of tragicomic moments, but it is short of Bruce Arenas.

Saintfiet’s departure presents the opportunity to marginalise emotion, and displace ego and hubris, with injections of common sense, reason and practicality. Although not devoid of error during his tenure, Hart unquestionably invested in the senior team programme, and possesses the professional maturity to move forward in the national interest, without wallowing in the hindrances of the several misadventures of recent weeks. The leadership of the TTFA is encouraged to demonstrate a similarly mature competency.

Hart knows the landscape, holds the coaching capital to resuscitate the interest of foreign-born players, has renewed motivation and incentive to achieve with Trinidad and Tobago, and possesses a sufficient record to consolidate and defend reconsideration. On a rationally supportable basis, the TTFA could have extended Hart a probationary period that culminated with the recently-concluded CFU Men’s Caribbean Cup 5th Place Playoff series versus Suriname and Haiti. It would have been an opportunity to right the failure to qualify directly for the Gold Cup and to iron out elements of play prior to hosting Panama and Mexico. Had that been the case, not many supporters of the game would have taken issue with a dismissal of Hart had outcomes versus Nicaragua, Suriname and Haiti produced results and approximations in performance consistent with those obtained under Saintfiet.

As such, the present crossroad requires doses of goodwill, grace, honesty, humility, introspection, statesmanship and transparency by the TTFA. Pursuing those paths, rather than another cul-de-sac of expediency, is what the national community wants of the federation, and what international observers of Trinidad and Tobago football ought to be identifying as mirrors of good governance and decision-
making in the projection of the global image of the TTFA.

Permitting Stephen Hart the opportunity and respect to redefine and restore his legacy appears consistent with public sentiment. That sentiment suggests that the footballing public is positioned to live with the outcomes of a Hart “do-over”, rather than to float through a new cycle of faecal experimentation. Ultimately, whatever the decision made in manager selection, it will be entered into an audit of the legacy and future of the present federation directorate. The choice does not have to be Hart, but it must be unquestioningly credible and immediately viable.

Take that to the bank.

I hope DJW or one of the members of his inner reads this and returns Hart to the helm. The country and its fans demand it! The stadium will be filled with the 12th man and the players with renewed vigor to give their all!! Do de damn ting!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »
I had reservations
But this has much logic to it
The question which begs itself here is does the current administration and lack of leadership have the courage to do the right thing....The other question is Hart brave enough to accept....Get yourself a great lawyer to rep you on this go around if it comes to pass
Bless up

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »
I bellieve he is brave enough, and should he accept he would have the upper hand in the relationship between him and the TTFA.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »
I bellieve he is brave enough, and should he accept he would have the upper hand in the relationship between him and the TTFA.

Once a dictator always a dictator... sociopaths don't apologize and admit they're wrong... Hart will not be called back and he should only come back if that corrupt tyrant is gone with his idiot followers

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Players calling for Hart, Fenwick, Fevrier and Eve in their short list...
« Reply #689 on: January 13, 2017, 01:15:14 AM »
I'm surprised that Fevrier is on that list, would never make mine to be honest..

Eve is a surprise to me as an asst... Hart of course is first but Lasana is his article said they are on the fence about fenwick and fevrier ...

The ttfa under the dictator will not bring back Hart nor will they appoint a talker like fenwick who I don't believe in either..

So the Lucian looks like he will lead the team under the heavy manners of the dictator ...

Either way it is going according to the Dictators plan of sabotage...

1]; } ?>