Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131961 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hire Stephen Hart thread
« Reply #690 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:47 AM »
Communication from T&T National Team Players to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA).*

Good day Members of the TTFA,

We hope this message meets you all in good health and spirits.

We, the players, come to you with utmost humility, asking for your consideration with regards to the selection of a new coach for the National Men’s Senior Team. We have accumulated a list of four names for special and serious consideration for the position of Head Coach and Assistant Coach.

We KNOW it is not our decision to make, neither is it our place to make such demands, but we—23 current players—have pooled our knowledge, resources and ideas together to come up with a few names for your immediate consideration.

We can all agree that we the players have interacted with these names at some level, so we can safely say our knowledge can be used in this regard. We pledge our full support regardless of who is selected to the position, even if it a person or persons outside of this list, as we know that we the players play an integral part in helping the team to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

We also ask that we be treated without prejudice, neither for the composition of this list nor for allowing it into the hands of the media, as we believe it will be treated with the seriousness it requires when we do so. The list is as follows:

Head coaches for consideration:

Stephen Hart
Stuart Charles-Fevrier
Terry Fenwick
Angus Eve (Assistant Coach)

We would also like that the duo of Dr Terrence Babwah and Dave Isaac be replaced with IMMEDIATE EFFECT, because of the lack of trust that we the players have in them.

We look forward to working with you—the Federation—hand in hand to reach our goal, which is qualification for the 2018 World Cup.

*As reported on Wired868.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 13, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »
Hart not coming back...he have way more class and self respect than that. Ruby Tuesday??? DJW IS AH IMPSE...also DJW dont want any challenges, so that rule out fenwick...now fevrier has brought some success to connection...does DJW take that gamble...maybe sour things with fevrier if the campaign flop and lose out on the progress he has made at connection??

According to flex...being de popcorn!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 13, 2017, 10:01:21 AM »
The players want Hart? Not all of them. Which ones want Hart? The ones that showed disrespect? Now they putting his name in the hat. Hart is not coming back until DJW and his crew gone. And DJW has 4 yrs if he decides not to resign. So allyuh head screwed on correctly, now.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »
The players want Hart? Not all of them. Which ones want Hart? The ones that showed disrespect? Now they putting his name in the hat. Hart is not coming back until DJW and his crew gone. And DJW has 4 yrs if he decides not to resign. So allyuh head screwed on correctly, now.

23 players, Deeks.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 13, 2017, 10:50:47 AM »

23 players, Deeks.
as you say Deeks, i feel it still had some disagreement - can't get 23 people to vote & feel exactly the same way. But I'm glad they didn't let that stop them from coming up with a short list..all affordable

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 13, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
Hart is the man for the job. But I doubt he will come if Dictator John Williams is still near the TTFA.

I'm glad to see that the players have taken a stand. I feel something good coming soon.

TT as a nation has a lot of love, respect and honour for football. In fact, it is more a part of the nations identity than colonial cricket.

2006 instilled a lot of belief in the youth and the nation that we can achieve anything once we put our minds to it. So we need DJW to go, because he is against everything that 2006 meant for the nation. If it wasnt for 2006, I doubt we would have the likes of Levi Garcia and other upcoming youngsters.

Just imagine if we qualify for 2018? The impact that this would have on the youth. More Levi Garcias certainly. And less youth wanting to lime on the corner where all kind a thing going on. We need DJW gone. Especially for our youths sake. Because qualifying for 2018 has the power to bring some hope for the nation and youth.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 13, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »
We have a Caribbean station here in Toronto. I was surprised to hear them talking about this on the radio this morning. More people starting to hear about DJW. And they are starting to see him as a rehash of Jackula. Publicity like this has the potential to affect DJW's other business dealings. So he better do whats necessary. Because when people start seeing you like a Jackula, trust comes into question. You cant do business without trust.

So if I was a business man in Trinidad and he wanted to do business with me, the first thing I will remember is how he ruined something that was in the works for the past 3.5 years. Hence, I will not TRUST him. And will not do business with him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:31:24 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #697 on: January 13, 2017, 02:30:59 PM »
We have a Caribbean station here in Toronto. I was surprised to hear them talking about this on the radio this morning. More people starting to hear about DJW. And they are starting to see him as a rehash of Jackula. Publicity like this has the potential to affect DJW's other business dealings. So he better do whats necessary. Because when people start seeing you like a Jackula, trust comes into question. You cant do business without trust.

So if I was a business man in Trinidad and he wanted to do business with me, the first thing I will remember is how he ruined something that was in the works for the past 3.5 years. Hence, I will not TRUST him. And will not do business with him.

Which Caribbean station is that?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 13, 2017, 02:32:33 PM »

G987. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a discussion. It was the caribbean sports news that airs every morning at the top of each hour

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #699 on: January 13, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »

G987. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a discussion. It was the caribbean sports news that airs every morning at the top of each hour

Ah okay.... my boys d'enforcas play on there every Sunday for the soca segment...

Caribe tv is also a friend of mine and we have talked about doing a segment on trini and caribeban football...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 13, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »

Ah okay.... my boys d'enforcas play on there every Sunday for the soca segment...

Caribe tv is also a friend of mine and we have talked about doing a segment on trini and caribeban football...

Serious? My boy is looking to do something similar.  I think he used to come on here back in 2005. He provides some support to a local TV station in Toronto. I think it was WIN tv. I believe they in Trini too.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #701 on: January 13, 2017, 03:00:46 PM »

Serious? My boy is looking to do something similar.  I think he used to come on here back in 2005. He provides some support to a local TV station in Toronto. I think it was WIN tv. I believe they in Trini too.

Yeah bro, been thinking about doing this a while now, also a radio program/podcast... problem is I was not in Canada for a while, just linked with my boy this December after many years... maybe a joint effort would be good, it's about time I think... Toronto needs it and North America as a whole needs a station dedicated to trini culture first, then Caribbean culture.. I know they had feva but that buss

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 13, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »

Yeah bro, been thinking about doing this a while now, also a radio program/podcast... problem is I was not in Canada for a while, just linked with my boy this December after many years... maybe a joint effort would be good, it's about time I think... Toronto needs it and North America as a whole needs a station dedicated to trini culture first, then Caribbean culture.. I know they had feva but that buss

Feva on the decline bad.

Yeah. My boy was looking to start something after London Olympics. He say all the media outlet in Toronto only focus on JA track and they Independence(rightfully so) as if they was the only ones who had something to celebrate in 2012. Thats when he say he go start something for Trini. I think he even approach the consulate in Toronto and they give him the run around.

But it go be hard to do a station only dedicated to Trini culture first. We simply dont have the numbers. Most of all, we dont have enough Trini businesses in the GTA to support it. Will have to appeal to the Caribbean community on a whole. But a large part can be Trini content.

I know he is a big Track fan too. Got connected to some athletes going to Rio. Was supposed to interview and feature them on a podcast. But nothing ended up happening.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #703 on: January 13, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
Nah it could be mainly 90% trini content or all, there are many local business owners in Toronto that would love to advertise if the station is seen nationwide and broadcasted to the US, Uk and Caribbean eventually..

Trini content could cover most, the consulate is a waste of time, the last best consul general was venetta Calvin smith, a wonderful woman who actually did things for the community up here... and Robert Sabga a good friend of mine who was high commissioner, after that things drop...

We can get a group together to kick it off and reach out to the business sector, but also get non Trinis who want to promote their products and services, there's a lot.. it's viable if people can work and collaborate together

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 13, 2017, 03:51:13 PM »
The only thing I does get weary about when Trini culture being discussed is this thing about Trini culture or history starting with Carnival. I was involved with a group in the early 2000s that was trying to do something. All they wanted to promote was carnival and party. So it wasnt surprising to see three of them become boat ride promoters. Sad, because the two fellas who put the collective together was some conscious brothers who was committed to helping the youth. But wanted also put the word out there that Trini culture or Trinidad is much more than jump up and fete.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #705 on: January 13, 2017, 04:10:46 PM »
The only thing I does get weary about when Trini culture being discussed is this thing about Trini culture or history starting with Carnival. I was involved with a group in the early 2000s that was trying to do something. All they wanted to promote was carnival and party. So it wasnt surprising to see three of them become boat ride promoters. Sad, because the two fellas who put the collective together was some conscious brothers who was committed to helping the youth. But wanted also put the word out there that Trini culture or Trinidad is much more than jump up and fete.

For me I'm about sports, music, film , politics, history and education, education of the masses in North America about Trinidad and Tobago history and culture and what we contributed to this world with all aspects of our society.. I'm all about news and investigative journalism as well... it shouldn't be one dimensional

My boy and I also discussed doing this separately, he wants to be a part of any initiative I put together up here.. it will happen.. once I get a core that is committed and loyal...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 13, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »

For me I'm about sports, music, film , politics, history and education, education of the masses in North America about Trinidad and Tobago history and culture and what we contributed to this world with all aspects of our society.. I'm all about news and investigative journalism as well... it shouldn't be one dimensional

My boy and I also discussed doing this separately, he wants to be a part of any initiative I put together up here.. it will happen.. once I get a core that is committed and loyal...

Okay. I know meh pardna on the same page. So I go tell him. You in Toronto? or GTA

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #707 on: January 13, 2017, 04:31:20 PM »

Okay. I know meh pardna on the same page. So I go tell him. You in Toronto? or GTA

Out in the burbs - pm me brother... I'm always downtown for business and other places since I moved back

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 13, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »

Out in the burbs - pm me brother... I'm always downtown for business and other places since I moved back

Will do. We out in the Scarbs

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 13, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »
Alyuh take over the thread with other topics smh

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 13, 2017, 04:50:50 PM »

We just did with that comment..

I wonder if Hart still maintaining communication with the 23 who named him? I know the majority of the team bonded with him and had much more respect for him than the past journeymen.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #711 on: January 13, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »

I wonder if Hart still maintaining communication with the 23 who named him? I know the majority of the team bonded with him and had much more respect for him than the past journeymen.

They must be... the dictator hinted at that in his statement about bostock ... hart is biding his time

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 13, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

They must be... the dictator hinted at that in his statement about bostock ... hart is biding his time

I figure so.

Explains why K9 didnt get on the team. Especially after he said, we aint making no world cup without Hart.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #713 on: January 13, 2017, 05:26:40 PM »
I realize there is a lot of respect for Hart on this forum but to be honest, the TT team for the qualifiers did not play like the TT team in the GC.

We seemed tentative andvery  aware of our defensive deficiencies.

Against the US we made some niice moves to the box but got broken down every time in the second half, we never troubled the US keeper in the 2nd hlf whilst our keeper made two brilliant saves and they hit the bar.

Against CR we played like we were the visitors, even the Spanish commentators made it clear tht TT was playing like a team lacking confidence.
Did we look like we lacked confidence in the GC??

Perhaps SH was doing his best with a defensively deficient team but tht brand wasn't going to get us anywhere.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #714 on: January 13, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »
I realize there is a lot of respect for Hart on this forum but to be honest, the TT team for the qualifiers did not play like the TT team in the GC.

We seemed tentative andvery  aware of our defensive deficiencies.

Against the US we made some niice moves to the box but got broken down every time in the second half, we never troubled the US keeper in the 2nd hlf whilst our keeper made two brilliant saves and they hit the bar.

Against CR we played like we were the visitors, even the Spanish commentators made it clear tht TT was playing like a team lacking confidence.
Did we look like we lacked confidence in the GC??

Perhaps SH was doing his best with a defensively deficient team but tht brand wasn't going to get us anywhere.

VB

The dictator was not present in the gold cup... but he was the head honcho for the qualifiers ....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T players want Hart back.
« Reply #715 on: January 14, 2017, 04:00:19 AM »
T&T players want Hart back.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

MEMBERS of the national football team have put in their two cents in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s (TTFA) search for a new national coach. The players have penned a letter to the TTFA requesting that four coaches including Stephen Hart be considered for the vacancy.

Hart, who comfortably led this country to the hexagonal stage of World Cup qualifiers, tops the players’ short-list which also includes W Connection’s Stuart Charles-Fevrier, former England defender Terry Fenwick and Club Sando’s Angus Eve (assistant coach).

The 56-year-old Hart was fired on November 24 last year and was replaced on December 7 by Belgian Tom Saintfeit who shockingly resigned last Wednesday after only one month on the job. Saintfiet stated that a lack of support from the TTFA led him to step down a mere two months before World Cup qualifiers resume in March.

Yesterday, 23 current national players, led by spokesperson and goalie Jan-Michael Williams gave their opinion on the coaching situation, imploring the TTFA to give Hart, who was relieved of his duties after three and a half years on the job, another chance.

The letter by the national players to the TTFA stated, “We (the players) KNOW it is not our decision to make, neither is it our place to make such demands, but we - 23 current players - have pooled our knowledge, resources and ideas together to come up with a few names for your immediate consideration.”

The letter added, “We can all agree that we the players have interacted with these names at some level, so we can safely say our knowledge can be used in this regard. We pledge our full support regardless of who is selected to the position, even if it is a person or persons outside of this list, as we know that we the players play an integral part in helping the team to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.” Up to 6pm yesterday, the players received no acknowledgement or response from the TTFA.

Speaking to the Newsday yesterday, Williams explained why Hart is the players’ number one candidate for the job.

“In the players opinion, I think we obviously let him down, I think we should have operated in a more professional manner.

We think obviously he is the best man for the job or one of the best candidates for the job and we will like to get him back on board,” Williams said matter-of-factly.

During the latter portion of Hart’s tenure as coach, there were reports of indiscipline cropping up within the squad with the TTFA having to fine players as well as ban midfielder Kevin Molino for a couple matches. The team also had a poor 2016 with several defeats including a 1-0 loss to Haiti in a Copa America Centenario and two World Cup qualifying defeats vs Costa Rica (2-0) and Honduras (3-1).

Williams said the team is still optimistic they can qualify for the World Cup. “The dream is still alive obviously and I think we know as players that we have a lot of work to do.” St Lucian-born Charles-Fevrier has been coaching W Connection in the TT Pro League since 1999 winning numerous titles including five Pro League titles and five Caribbean Club championships.

English-born Fenwick has similar experience to Fevrier in the Pro League as a coach, having successful stints with both San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC including three Pro League titles with squads comprising mostly local players.

Former national player Eve worked as an assistant coach with Fenwick at San Juan Jabloteh. He is currently the head coach of Club Sando in the Pro League and also coaches Naparima College.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T players want Hart back.
« Reply #716 on: January 14, 2017, 07:53:34 AM »
WATCH: TTFA meets with potential candidates for the position of Head Coach

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7v3TQQ9EDkg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7v3TQQ9EDkg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 14, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »
I can't see this happening,player power could lead to future problems and it's not ideal for the future of our football,let us behave like developed countries football-wise.TT football followers in TT will know better than those living abroad,but someone like me who isn't aware of of the situation apart from what I read on this site,I will go for Terry Fenwick.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 14, 2017, 08:22:37 AM »
I can see why they as a collective would want him back. They've probably seen how they have erred and how they can resolve things on the pitch for him, fans the country and prove the TTFA wrong. But I've got to admit that some of them helped throw him under the bus with their indiscipline, unprofessional behaviour which has left a bitter taste in the mouths of observers and all other stakeholders. With potential candidates like Fenwick, Vranes, and recent applicant Dennis Lawrence hopefully the FA can get it right, the new coach can settle the ship, recruit some new players in key positions and increase competition we can initially make fourth in the Hex and prepare for 2022 if all falls down.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:20:24 AM by Thomo »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 14, 2017, 12:42:30 PM »
This is a real bachanal country in every way from the every day person to the heads of state. every time we embark on anything remotely dealing with fixing or making Trinidad and Tobago better there is always this catty wayward nepotistic approach which in the end always turn out wrong, yet we continue down that rocky road time after time despite the lack of results.

I knew from day one that this DJW feller was going to be bad for our football and seem to me as the type who would not put the best interest of football in front of his selfish desires. We all know who ever he appoints will not be from a position of "country first" but rather whom he and his cohorts like and feel comfortable with.

suprise us divid john and do the right thing by football for once please mister.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:41:45 PM by pull stones »

1]; } ?>