Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131858 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS...... Stephen Hart is Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach.
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
We got the best of both worlds with SH..A local who made his mark inforeign now this foreigner has returned to being local....  :devil:.Who came to us on the recommendation of another foreigener,who has the respect of many Warriors
:beermug:
my only issue is a BeenE value for dollar on the 2 mth issue. And agree with Palos post
Oh you mean 2 months for him to try to help us through the Gold Cup ?Then we decide if to retain him .Seems like a good idea to me .

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2013, 06:21:28 AM »
So wired868.com is de new TnT Mirror or Inquire, de man just writing on bunch of gossip to get hits.

Sheldon Phillips is base in T&T since he got the position.

Lasana loosing points here, he quick quick to write ah bags ah ass.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
So wired868.com is de new TnT Mirror or Inquire, de man just writing on bunch of gossip to get hits.

Sheldon Phillips is base in T&T since he got the position.

Lasana loosing points here, he quick quick to write ah bags ah ass.

he trying to jump de gun but sometimes his story not totally accurate,have some half truths and innuendos in dem

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
he trying to jump de gun but sometimes his story not totally accurate,have some half truths and innuendos in dem

Lasana is a very good writer and an even better journalist.  In my layman's opinion, he is among the best we have in TnT, but he does let himself get sidetracked by too much shit.  He needs an editor working with him, rather than being his own editor.  Not just for proofing, but also for content.  He needs to streamline his focus or better separate his hats.  Report when reporting... and save the editorializing and commentary for his columns.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »
I used to live a few houses away from the Harts in Park Street,Sando,Skinner Park was just over the road,whenever I was in Skinner Park I used to see him as a little boy with his father.I think he had a sister named Jenny.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:04:06 PM by frico »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
SH Nickname
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
I just realize that we have not given SH a nickname yet. Every coach get one, except for him.  So far I see Harty, but that sounding to soft. Any ideas? Come good, cause you know the papers going and take it and run with it.

I drew blank, it should be something brave, cause he ain't scared to make changes when man not performing, unlike a certain coach we had.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SH Nickname
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
I drew blank, it should be something brave, cause he ain't scared to make changes when man not performing, unlike a certain coach we had.

BraveHart  ;D

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: First nomination and it has a nice ring to it. I'm not sure anything would beat this!! BraveHart!!!

I could see that poster with SH face and the name "BraveHart" with the writing "What kind of man would defy the TTFA"  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause: First nomination and it has a nice ring to it. I'm not sure anything would beat this!! BraveHart!!!

I could see that poster with SH face and the name "BraveHart" with the writing "What kind of man would defy the TTFA Anil"  ;D
Fixed it for you!! :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
Yeah Bravehart sounds good!
Someone needs to do the artwork for the updated poster!
And please make sure Bravehart is wearing the new T&T top and that you get the details for the credits and supporting cast right! :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »

BraveHart  ;D

Tallman, I agree!  "BRAVEHART".   ;D
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
Call him by his name. He dont need no nickname.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »
The man nick name is SH he had it before he get the work

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »
Nothing wrong with giving him a nickname, our last few coaches got one. SH is the man initials, but if thats what you all want to call him, then so be it. I like that BraveHart, and I will call him that from now on  ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Hart tells students, do it for each other (Newsday)
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2013, 01:53:38 PM »
LINK

Hart tells students do it for each other
Monday, September 30 2013

MOMENTS AFTER hearing the news of Akeem Adams suffering a heart attack in Hungary on Thursday, national football team coach Stephen Hart was standing before hundreds of students and aspiring professional footballers at his alma-mater St Benedict’s College in La Romain.

Hart, who played for the former South Zone giants before migrating to Canada, was invited by the school to address the students. He told the students that the 22-year-old Adams would have come out of the unfortunate experience on a successful note, if even he didn’t manage to return to the game as a player.

“This morning we received some very sad news about one of our players Akeem Adams. He suffered a heart attack in Hungary after a training session with his club. Our prayers and thoughts are with him and his family but when he comes out of this… he would have been successful still even if his career does not continue as a player but he would have fought through an ordeal and survived it and we can learn from that,” Hart said.

Continuing his address, Hart appealed to them to have each other’s back on and off the football pitch, adding that every lesson learnt in the game can be applied to everyday life.

“It’s completely a team effort. Yes you admire the individual but you always have to admire the team. The best player will not function as good as they can if the team is not functioning well. You do everything for the team and sometimes you may not like it,” Hart said.

He used Kazakhstan-based defender Robert Primus as a prime example of one who did it for the team during the recent OSN Cup in Saudi Arabia during which Trinidad and Tobago defeated the hosts 3-1.

“I said to him ‘Primus we have no left back here and you have to play it ... no problem boss was his response.’ Now I know he was not happy but he went out there and he did his job. Then he said boss ‘next time play me in the right position’. And guess what, the next game I had to use him in the same position and he said to me ‘no problem boss’.”

Primus not only did his job as a defender but he also had an assist on two goals for Kevin Molino and Kenwyne Jones.

“You have to have each other’s back. Say to your teammate ‘I will cover you...so get your act together’. And tomorrow he must have your back.”

Hart continued, “one day your teammate may not have the best game. And after the game you give him a hug and say okay today you didn’t have a good day. Tomorrow you better have my back. And then when all things are equal, you need somebody to play above themselves. Someone who can carry the team, who can raise the level. Ronaldo raises the level, Messi raises the level and Dwight Yorke raised the level.”

Hart concluded by saying, “I’ll tell you this… football speaks everything. It taught me everything. It taught me every lesson that I learnt up to today. You have to be committed, you have to have respect, you have to work hard and you have to have the desire to achieve. It all applies to life in many ways.”

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:24:25 PM by Flex »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rumors on Hart
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
Should not post unless confirmed, then again it is a rumor nothing more.

Spoke  to a good friend in Canada yesterday & he is also friendly with SH family.

Talk is SH is ill and on top of that may not return to Trinbago as he has been offered a MLS post.

Anyone here can confirm this? DO not shoot the messenger

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Rumors on Hart
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »
Well I ill right now. and dat doh mean one ass.

Ill is no kinda news unless it's something like cancer.

Re. MLS, cah see why he would choose that over TT seeing that things seem to be slowly falling into place.

Rumour - was a good title for this thread.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
If is a east coast team, still both still doable, as long as they don't mind..Winston SoSo comes to mind  :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
If is a east coast team, still both still doable, as long as they don't mind..Winston SoSo comes to mind  :rotfl:
Lemme take a WILD GUESS that YOU hopin said east coast team is de Montreal Impact :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »
Lemme take a WILD GUESS that YOU hopin said east coast team is de Montreal Impact :devil:

Doh toy wid Max nah.  ;D   :devil: Montreal brought in a new coach 10 days ago.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »

Doh toy wid Max nah.  ;D   :devil: Montreal brought in a new coach 10 days ago.
damn  :pissedoff:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2013, 04:05:43 AM »
Well there are like two or three new teams next year right? Really hope Hart doesn't leave us!

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
Well there are like two or three new teams next year right? Really hope Hart doesn't leave us!

In the MLS. There's 2. NYFC and Orlando. NYFC already have their coach in Jason Kries. He'll be in Europe with Manchester City scouting and all of that good stuff. Orlando may have given him a call but I think the only other coaching position available in the MLS right now after all the off season signings are the Colorado Rapids.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Stephen Hart Thread.
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2014, 06:53:52 AM »
Coach Hart sets goal to take Soca Warriors to the World Cup again.
By Nasser Khan (Guardian).

After honing his football coaching skills in Canada for a number of years, his last assignment as that country’s national men’s senior team coach, 54-year-old Stephen Hart has been in the unenviable role as T&T’s Soca Warriors’ newest national coach.

It’s a position he had longed for when he started thinking about plans to return to the land of his birth. Early years before, he headed off to Canada to further his studies in his late teens and to hopefully continue playing the sport he so loved. When the T&T Football Federation (TTFA) expressed an interest in his services in 2013, a position he keenly coveted, Hart jumped at the opportunity.

Today, he is at the helm of a group of senior players, many of whom ply their skills around the world in various teams and leagues all with different styles of playing the game. Therein lies the unenviable challenge of coach Hart, that of bringing together as many as 20 selected players recently chosen to represent the T&T Soca Warriors.

Although San Fernando is where his roots lie, Hart also spent time in Tobago where his parents moved to when he was 17. Among his relatives are cousins Gregory and Richard “Dickie” Hart, who both cycled for T&T, as well as masman, uncle Edmond Hart. He is an avid Panorama fan and a keen supporter of the Fonclaire steel band.
H
is first assignment came in July 2013 when he became the second coach, after Bertille St Clair, to take the Warriors into the knockout stage of the Gold Cup competition. Hart grew up in the era of late St Benedict’s College principal Dom Basil Matthews and with people like Leroy De Leon, Warren Archibald, Steve David, Bobby Sookram, Wilfred Cave and Jan Steadman as some of his local heroes. He played for the under-14 junior and senior teams.

After Matthews retired, the college withdrew from the schools’ competition to focus on its academics instead of football. At the age of 15, young Hart joined the popular Juniors and Hurricanes teams and played alongside Leroy Spann, Peter Mitchell, Bert Neptune and Michael Maurice in the Southern Football Association. He then played with Texaco before heading off to Halifax, Canada, to pursue studies in marine geography.

“I always liked the sea and thought I would one day return to Trinidad and do environmental resource management. In fact, in 1986 I applied for a job hoping to become involved in coral reef management and helping in the preservation of marine life, but that didn’t pan out,” he said.

Hart’s first coaching gig came in 1989 at semi-professional team Halifax King of Donair as player/coach. Ten years later, his career really took off when he was hired as a coach for Nova Scotia, an ice hockey country and province, taking the participation in soccer to an unprecedented level there.

“There were 3,000 players in the province when I started, and there were 30,000 when I left,” Hart said. T&T’s latest round of matches are currently taking place in the 2014 Caribbean Cup semi-final qualifying, and coach Hart has high hopes that his Soca Warrior charges will put their best feet forward as he strives to put T&T on the world football stage once again.

Q: Where were you born, and where did you grow up?
A: Born in San Fernando, grew up in Marabella and La Romain.

What schools/institutions did you attend?
San Fernando Boys’ Government School, same school as Michael Maurice and Bert Neptune; St Benedicts College; St Mary’s University Halifax graduate 1985.

What teams did you play for?
T&T First Division: San Fernando Hurricanes 1975-79; Texaco FC 1979-80; San Fernando Strikers 1982; T&T Premier League; Halifax Privateers 1981; Americas 1988-89; King of Donair 1983-1998; and T&T National team, where I was selected under Alvin Corneal in 1980 but departed soon after for university.

When and how did you get into coaching?
Just wanted to help youngsters enjoy the game, so I volunteered with children under 12 while still at university.

Who are the people who influenced and inspired you the most, in your career and in life in general?
So many touched your life in a special way as you grow: some encourage, some develop, some educate. It’s hard to single out individuals. Obviously my family, father and mother, whom were always supportive but never interfered. My youth and senior coach Ken Headley, who was a deep thinker of the game and encouraged me to do the same, and many of my teammates, both locally and abroad. A gentleman who gave me my first real coaching job, George Athanasiou, he took a chance on me.

Coaching has taken you to many countries. As a coach, which countries have you been to?
Wow! I have been to over 50 countries and I always go to football. However, in studying football and coaching, I have been to Spain, France, Netherlands, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and Portugal.

Who was your hero growing up and why? Your favourite footballers?
Locally, Leroy DeLeon, Peter Mitchell, Leroy Spann, Leon Carpette, Bert Neptune, Steve Khan. All had something different to observe and learn from. Not to mention they were entertaining. Internationally, Pele, Beckenbauer, Overath, Cruyff and Maradona

What are some of your coaching achievements?
Taking Canada to a Gold Cup semi final (2007) and quarter final (2009). I lead Halifax King of Donair as a player/coach, and coach to four consecutive league titles and six cups. However, for me, that was not important. The young players who played under me and went on to represent their country and play professionally are way more important achievements. There were many and I was not the only influence, just happy to have contributed.

What is your coaching schedule for the next year, and what are your plans for the future?
My schedule is largely dependent upon the funding of the T&T football programme. At present, I cannot answer that question with any certainty. However, the CFU Tournaments of October and November are a priority. I will also assist if required with the Under-17 and Under-20 teams.

What is a typical practice like?
It depends...unlike a club, the national teams have limited preparation time, usually four days. Recovery and rest have to be measured. Physically, we keep the players sharp with speed and power exercises incorporating the ball. Our training is usually very specific and tactical in nature, outside of the physical element. We also work very hard at creating working relationships between the playing lines.

What is your coaching philosophy?
I always get scared at the word coaching philosophy. The TEAM is the most important factor, no one person is more or less important. Play for each other, bring your quality to the game, be dynamic, and play for the result. I want us to control the tempo of the game when we are in possession. Situational awareness is important for this. We should recognise when we need to build versus counter. When we are not in possession, try to also exert control by forcing our opponent to play uncomfortably. If we don’t have this balance in how we play, we will be weakened as a team.

What are some of the things that need improving in T&T’s football?
Believe me, I do not have all the answers, we have some excellent minds here. Player development needs consistency and continuity across the board. It must be measurable and subject to evaluation without being seen as criticism.

Coaching development and education are two different things. It cannot be general, we need to identify the strengths of our coaches and place them where they can contribute and have the most impact. There are no secrets…compete on the field, work together off it. We need to work together to make an overall better product.

By this, I mean both players and the game…administrators, managers, coaches, players, schools, clubs, referees, grounds men, media. Everybody working for the good...the betterment of the game.
I have not even touched on the other potential economic spin-offs of an efficient product. A better product with continuous development and progression means we all keep working within the game.

Do you foresee T&T making it to the World Cup again as we did in 2006?
Why not? But it needs careful planning and nurturing with realistic timelines. We have the talent. If we say right “Project 2022” and develop a macro/micro plan, with consistent financial support and varied international exposure, it is very possible.

What advice would you give to the young people of T&T?
Education comes in many forms, especially today, understand that learning has no roof. Develop yourself daily and pursue your dreams with dynamic enthusiasm and passion.

Of all your accolades, prizes and awards which do you rate as extremely special?
Nothing material! Coming from T&T and making it in a foreign country as a coach and technical director of Canada. This is a bit ironic, I recently had a young man who played for me, a quality player, now a doctor, contact me and said, “I always wanted to thank you for the influence you had in my life, especially those times when I wanted to quit medical school.”

What goals and or ambitions do you still have?
To remain in football and coaching as long as possible. I would love to have a real positive impact on T&T football. Qualifying for the World Cup once again is the goal, pun intended.

What motto do you live by, and what is your recipe for success?
Simplicity is genius. Be compassionate with people but hard on problems.

Describe yourself in two words, one beginning with S, the other with H…your initials?
Simple and happy!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread.
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2014, 07:18:13 AM »
Real nice interview. Good job Nasser Khan
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2014, 07:44:11 AM »
The local "Happy one"  ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
Good read and very informative.  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »
Boss coach.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:00 AM »
Remind me of the Song' I'm So Happy'- well it is good that we have a Happy Coach.
 Let us the fans support and the players produce on the field and all T& T would be happy.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »
We winning. So everybody happy! That is normal

1]; } ?>