Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131143 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread.
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »
We are very fortunate to have a good local lad as our coach!

It's a bonus when a coach knows and understand the culture of his players by actually living and learning the game in the same environment.   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
good going harty... i heard a lot of the halifax stories from my uncles  :D he changed the landscape of football in canada... so when men talk about harty not being good enough for TT, i juss laugh at their ignorance...

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:07 PM »
The man is a boss!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »
Bull them hard Hartie.

Nice interview and good job with de T&T team, best coach we had in a long time.

And he is Trini born and bred.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2014, 01:50:06 AM »
Hart hints of squad tweaks for CFU Cup.
T&T Guardian Reports.

A generally strong performance at the T&T leg of qualifiers for the Men’s Caribbean Cup has not convinced national head coach Stephen Hart that he has had the most suitable players and he has now suggested that changes for next month’s main CFU event may be on the cards.

In a brief interview with the Guardian, Hart said his focus at this time is to see the team qualify for the Gold Cup and nothing more.

The upcoming CFU Caribbean Cup serves the purpose of qualification for next year’s Concacaf Gold Cup. All four semifinalists will qualify for the Gold Cup, while the best third-placed finisher from the two groups will enter a playoff against Honduras, the fifth-placed finisher at the Copa Centroamericana.

There is also the added incentive of the CFU Caribbean Cup champion earning a spot at the 2016 Centennial Copa America. That event will include all Comnebol teams including traditional world powerhouses in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, as well as host country USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and three other Concacaf teams.

But, Hart has opted to put his focus on one objective for now. “The objective is to qualify for the Gold Cup. To think about a one-off tournament (Copa America) in 2016 for me is losing sight of what is important right now for T&T. We are going to the tournament with an aim to win it...

The Copa America is just an added incentive,” Hart said. Hart was installed as head coach last year, just before the start of the biennial Gold Cup and led the team to its second ever berth into the knockout stage. Bertille St Clair first led T&T to the knockout stage of the Gold Cup in 2000.

At the recent CFU second round qualifying Group A hosted in T&T, the “Soca Warriors” secured wins over the Dominican Republic (6-1), St Lucia (2-0) and Antigua/Barbuda (1-0), respectively, earlier this month to easily advance to next month’s CFU Caribbean Cup finals in Jamaica.

And, topping the group meant T&T avoided being pitted with the host nation. On November 11, T&T will meet Curacao in the tournament opener, then French Guiana two days later and finally Cuba in the third Group A match on November 15.

Jamaica’s Group B, meanwhile, includes Haiti, Antigua/Barbuda and Martinique. The two group winners will meet in the final on November 17 at the Montego Bay Sports Complex, Montego Bay, following the third-place playoff featuring the two group runners-up.

Hart gave no indication of potential targets for the official Caribbean Cup squad but suggested that there was the potential of changes to be made as he remains unconvinced with the lack of playing time with some of the players at their clubs.

He said, “Far too many of our players in the last set of games had not played consistently enough with their clubs, for various reasons.”

Turning his attention to the initial Caribbean Cup opponents, Hart added: “The group can be a tricky one, Curacao tied with French Guiana, tied with Martnique and beat Guadeloupe, to qualify, while FG tied with Haiti (and) beat St Kitts and Barbados for their qualification...

Then of course there is Cuba, who are always well prepared and have a good young team mixed with experience. If we are not at our best all three team can take points off us.

He continued, “Tournaments are always tricky fixtures. Anything can happen. Most of the teams in our group would have time to prepare as a unit. This is an advantage for them. Any team can take points from you. With so many games and the limited rest and recovery, you need to remain healthy and stay away from card trouble.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
Call up Johnathan Glenn! Mr. Hart.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Should Stephen Hart quit T&T?
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2014, 02:57:44 AM »
Hart to TTFA: We need to sit and talk about future.
T&T Express Reports.

December decision

Head coach of the senior men’s team Stephen Hart, has not yet made a decision about his future with the national team.

Hart, who had gone unpaid for several months before yesterday’s payout of arrears by the Government, told the Express at the Office of the Prime Minister in St Clair yesterday, “I would leave them (TTFA) alone right now.

They have the Women’s World Cup effort to deal with, but maybe over the December period or after the Christmas period we need to get together.”

Even though Hart, his technical staff and the players received their cheques yesterday, the mood in St Clair was not celebratory.

And asked if he would reconsider his future with the national team if certain conditions weren’t met, Hart said: “I think I need to sit down and evaluate the way forward and as I said, it is for the association (TTFA) to convince that they have a plan to go forward because we need a lot of things. We need to play more football...more training games we need go to training camps, we can’t just enter tournaments blind,”

He added: “When I start something, I really want to finish it. I have a great bunch of players not just those that went to Jamaica but some that didn’t make the camp. They are tremendously supportive, they have worked hard, they love the playing for their country.”

Also at yesterday’s cheque distribution was TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips.

He acknowledged that the football body still owed $12 million to previous coaches, technical staff members, vendors and also still had to pay off debts related to the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the Women’s Under-17 2010 World Cup.

However, he was confident that there would not be a reoccurrence of lapses in payment to the current staff and players in 2015.

“One of the main revenues streams that we do anticipate that would come to fruition soon is the establishment of commercial partners and sponsorships...so I think 2015 is going to be much different from 2014, much different from 2013 and you’ll start to see that process that we have employed bring some fruits.”

Phillips added: “I think in the end we are gratified with the partnership and the relationship with the Government that allowed us to get to this point and take care of the senior men’s teams. We look forward to taking care of the youth teams as well.”

Hart also expects a change in how the TTFA operates.

“The players can’t be going into games and not in the frame of mind where all they have to worry about is the game,” he stressed.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should Stephen Hart quit T&T?
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:25 AM »
I vote he stays...but under the right circumstances, meaning the TTFA must take care of his needs, and NOT just financially, but with a proper schedule of matches against quality opposition, ensure access to players, have training camps, staff and players must be paid on time and proper arrangements for their  comfort too. This is the first time in a long while that I have seen a T&T team show continuous improvement and there is evidence of team cohesion. I would hate to see all the progress we have made under SH lost by his departure and I hope he stays, but will respect his decision to leave if his needs as Coach are not being met by the TTFA.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2014, 05:19:20 AM »
I vote that he goes! Enough is enough! If I think about his best interest, then he should go! There is no indication that this kind of treatment is going to change any time soon. There will always be arrears and suffering until some entity like government jumps in and gives a bailout and pappyshows everyone in front of the press. How embarrassing!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2014, 05:55:24 AM »
Beenie ever took the job when he "recommend" Hart? Nobody should work for the TTFA unless they want to work for free.
You pay for what you get.
If I not getting paid regularly, despite the promise of backpay, the same performance and motivation will not be with me day in, day out on the job.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »
Hart's heart is in the right place and it seems that he has the respect of the players.
 Secondly he is honest about the Team's performances and does not make silly excuses.
 He gives a detail analysis about his game plan/ strategy which can empower young coaches reading his narrative. I like his [philosophy of finishing what he started, that shows integrity. I feel that he would like to take this Team to the world Cup qualifiers.
 Having accentuated the positive any professional Coach would want some assurances about the Way forward.
 So unless TTFA get their act together , I cannot see any Coach working under these trying conditions.
Harts should be warned that Results is the name of the Game and the Gold Cup is his first measuring tape. It is time we realize that it cannot be business as usual.
 We need to focus on what we are going to rather than what we are going through.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
I  certainly vote he stays  provided the way forward is clearly outlined!!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2014, 10:32:54 AM »
I struggle with the FA, why haven't they put together a bailout proposal? Everything seems so short term focused, so they clean up some arrears. More is still outstanding and no tangible streams yet realized for the future so by mid 2015 they are back in further debt again. Yes the governmet has a part to play but even the state would look at these last minute requests with a bit of exaspiration. This is not how you run an orgnaization.

There needs to be one proposal.
Comprehensive debt analysis to clean the books - $$
1, 3 and 5 year cost forecast for all programs, all age levels, male and female. This should include:
Fixed administrative costs - Corporate Real Estate, Accounting, Audits
Fixed Salaries - Coaches and other technical and admin staff that are under contract
Variable costs that could be broken down:
Marketing
Tournaments (including transport, accomodation and performance mangement bonus incentives for players and technical staff)
Development Programs (Player and coach development, licensing, any other certification)

So after you quantify your costing.
Highlight the provisions and subventions from FIFA as expected revenue
Highlight the annual potential revenue via revenue earning initiatives
Request a provision from the state to cover the balance with an annual accounting and audit exercise to determine how much from the provision you actually need based on realized revenue from the earning initiatives.
Revise all your plans annually to evaluate your direction, success or failures and replan.
Is about a month worth of work!

Tim Kee and Phillips need to sit with their TD and come up with their plans put it in a powerpoint, put on their best suit and meet with the state. No time like the present where it's an election year and the state is looking for goodwill with the public so strategically it could work if they put some public awareness around this. 
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
Sheldon Phillil said he has not heard any rumirs of Coach Hart wanting to Quit. So......

Also, I am -as usual- confused. Phillips said they cleared debt going back 2 years from the last check they recieved. Yet they still owe $12 million dollars?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
Everyone here, should put themselves in Hart's position. if you all feel you are glouton for punishment, then we will see you remaining in TT going thru the same rigmarole over and over. The other option is to ship out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
I will personally will like to see coach Hart stay! TTFA should do everything in their power to ensure this, try to listen to what he's saying and give a full effort to meet his demands/needs as a coach even if they have to turn night into day. Heck major organizations do that for the people they want.
The players respond to Hart and they believe in him and over the the past 15 months I have seen a remarkable turnaround in our team's progress. If coach Hart is on board, we can still qualify for the Copa 2015 if we have consisteint locals training, camps, quality friendlies, etc.

It's possible, I believe in Hart!

"T&T can still qualify for the 2015 Copa America but will have to do so by finishing among the two play-off winners among the four highest finishers in the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup not already qualified, or finish winners of the 2015 Gold Cup."

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »
I suggest all of you stop worrying because none of us can control what happens. In my opinion Mr.Hart seems to know his team very well, this gives him a nod above the rest, if TTFA were to change/or Hart leaves, a new learning process, philosophy and team changes will occur.
We all know how this will go, maybe it will be for the best or not. Point is, we all know this sort of situation will happen again, what we need is fresh ideas on how the TTFA can market themselves in-order to maintain the paychecks of the staff, players and misc without major funding from the government of Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
Should Kenwynne Jones quit TT football?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2014, 11:52:07 AM »
soccerman, correct! In Hart we trust! I would like to see the next evaluative benchmark occur after the Gold Cup. We are in the midst of a project in development, a work in progress that has had evident gains. Player ID has been beneficial and transparent. Pride has been restored. Outcomes have been promising and there is evidence of a core playing intention. We are not out the woods yet, but we could see the clearing under this dispensation.

As much as ah want him to stay de course to its emotional conclusion, my testimony is f**kery is something yuh haddah walk away from eventually. At the end of the day, he is at the center of the agony, and is best placed to evaluate the constraints, and do the cost-benefit analysis. Ah wish him well.  :beermug:

Whatever the path taken, no one can place a damper on his effort and contribution since taking the helm.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:54:10 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »
I struggle with the FA, why haven't they put together a bailout proposal? Everything seems so short term focused, so they clean up some arrears. More is still outstanding and no tangible streams yet realized for the future so by mid 2015 they are back in further debt again. Yes the governmet has a part to play but even the state would look at these last minute requests with a bit of exaspiration. This is not how you run an orgnaization.

There needs to be one proposal.
Comprehensive debt analysis to clean the books - $$
1, 3 and 5 year cost forecast for all programs, all age levels, male and female. This should include:
Fixed administrative costs - Corporate Real Estate, Accounting, Audits
Fixed Salaries - Coaches and other technical and admin staff that are under contract
Variable costs that could be broken down:
Marketing
Tournaments (including transport, accomodation and performance mangement bonus incentives for players and technical staff)
Development Programs (Player and coach development, licensing, any other certification)

So after you quantify your costing.
Highlight the provisions and subventions from FIFA as expected revenue
Highlight the annual potential revenue via revenue earning initiatives
Request a provision from the state to cover the balance with an annual accounting and audit exercise to determine how much from the provision you actually need based on realized revenue from the earning initiatives.
Revise all your plans annually to evaluate your direction, success or failures and replan.
Is about a month worth of work!

Tim Kee and Phillips need to sit with their TD and come up with their plans put it in a powerpoint, put on their best suit and meet with the state. No time like the present where it's an election year and the state is looking for goodwill with the public so strategically it could work if they put some public awareness around this. 

All of this has already been done, under Anil the only committment made was to pay the coaching staff's salary, an agreement which was not delivered on.  All of the budgetary and financial recommendations you outline is included in the General Secretary's annual report to the ExCo, but the gov't isn't interested in 'bailing out' the FA, as so many people keep misrepresenting the situation.  They're not interested in erasing the FA's debt... which is fair.  They rather help selectively here and there, and that's fine, but then they have to deliver on those promises, and not lie and then lecture when the FA comes calling for the promised assistance, like Griffiths did some days ago.

Your last paragraph has to do with a development plan, both financial (as in fundraising/income generation) and football development, growing the sport and improving the quality of the player pool.  I know that there is such a plan, but not sure if it's been presented yet.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »
It would break my heart to see Hart leave... I think the work he's done since taking over has been nothing short of miraculous.

He has built a strong family bond within the squad and staff and identified his core players. If we give him the proper support he can take this team very far.

It would break my f**king heart.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
I certainly hope   the coach is provided with the necessary  tools to get  on with the pogressive  work he has started .

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »
I would like him to stay because our Senior team has definitely started to win back fans under his stewardship and we have generally been playing a much better quality brand of football with more positive results against Caribbean teams. This has also been reflected in our highest FIFA rankings for 13 years.

Whether Hart stays or goes is down to the TTFA being able to get the right government support for their football programme without any more broken promises from the government and them trying to play politics with our football.

If Hart goes then I will ultimately blame the government for not putting country first and trying to play politics with our football. If Tim Kee was not a PNM then I believe the TTFA would be getting much better support that they have been getting so far without all the broken promises and delayed payments.

Hopefully if our Women Soca Warriors qualify for their first Senior World Cup the government will start being more supportive of the TTFA because they will see some political mileage in taking some credit for our World Cup qualification. Yes I know that it is small-minded but that is the reality of how our current government operates in regards to support for the current TTFA with a PNM treasurer at the helm. Its all about scoring political points rather than genuine concern for our football and our international image as a country.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:56:50 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »
soccerman, correct! In Hart we trust! I would like to see the next evaluative benchmark occur after the Gold Cup. We are in the midst of a project in development, a work in progress that has had evident gains. Player ID has been beneficial and transparent. Pride has been restored. Outcomes have been promising and there is evidence of a core playing intention. We are not out the woods yet, but we could see the clearing under this dispensation.

As much as ah want him to stay de course to its emotional conclusion, my testimony is f**kery is something yuh haddah walk away from eventually. At the end of the day, he is at the center of the agony, and is best placed to evaluate the constraints, and do the cost-benefit analysis. Ah wish him well.  :beermug:

Whatever the path taken, no one can place a damper on his effort and contribution since taking the helm.

Correct is right.

I get a sense that the FA feel he should relax because they pay him until June 2015. If that is the notion then I don't think they understand the reality of the situation.

Yuh can't be getting paid while yuh reputation that you took years to build is suffering as a result of a less than adequate work place and resources.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2014, 01:49:12 PM »
I think he should leave, but only because I think it's best for him. Coaching T&T at this point is a toxic job.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2014, 02:01:04 PM »
I would like him to stay because our Senior team has definitely started to win back fans under his stewardship and we have generally been playing a much better quality brand of football with more positive results against Caribbean teams. This has also been reflected in our highest FIFA rankings for 13 years.

Whether Hart stays or goes is down to the TTFA being able to get the right government support for their football programme without any more broken promises from the government and them trying to play politics with our football.

If Hart goes then I will ultimately blame the government for not putting country first and trying to play politics with our football. If Tim Kee was not a PNM then I believe the TTFA would be getting much better support that they have been getting so far without all the broken promises and delayed payments.

Hopefully if our Women Soca Warriors qualify for their first Senior World Cup the government will start being more supportive of the TTFA because they will see some political mileage in taking some credit for our World Cup qualification. Yes I know that it is small-minded but that is the reality of how our current government operates in regards to support for the current TTFA with a PNM treasurer at the helm. Its all about scoring political points rather than genuine concern for our football and our international image as a country.

I agree with the political aspects of your post... but ultimately the TTFA has to become more financially-independent irrespective as to which party is in power.  Reliance on government funding will always be the least-favored approach.  I think Hart is taking the right approach, let the emotions of the recent campaign subside a bit then sit down with the TTFA brain trust and see what plans they have for the short and long term.  Short term, at least he won't have to worry about his salary thru July.  Long-term, he needs to be comfortable with the financial and developmental vision/plans for the FA.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »

I agree with the political aspects of your post... but ultimately the TTFA has to become more financially-independent irrespective as to which party is in power.  Reliance on government funding will always be the least-favored approach.  I think Hart is taking the right approach, let the emotions of the recent campaign subside a bit then sit down with the TTFA brain trust and see what plans they have for the short and long term.  Short term, at least he won't have to worry about his salary thru July.  Long-term, he needs to be comfortable with the financial and developmental vision/plans for the FA.

both of you make valid points but the private sector from personal knowledge doesn't trust tim kee and phillips being so closely aligned to him doesn't help the case...

if tim kee is removed and replaced with someone who can actually run the ttfa properly then the money will come.. for now there is no trust in tim kee, he is being viewed as a smart man... just saying

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »

both of you make valid points but the private sector from personal knowledge doesn't trust tim kee and phillips being so closely aligned to him doesn't help the case...

if tim kee is removed and replaced with someone who can actually run the ttfa properly then the money will come.. for now there is no trust in tim kee, he is being viewed as a smart man... just saying

Is that because he was associated with Jack Warner in the past carnation of the TTFA?
And do they have any evidence that Tim personally pocketed football money and can't be trusted?
Just asking.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
Tim Kee wasn't associated with Warner any more than Lennox Watson is today associated with Tim Kee.  As far as I know Tim Kee was a member of the executive committee and he resigned/was forced out, when his differences with Warner became too great.  Warner didn't put him in power, he was voted in by the membership... but people steady keep trying to make it out to be that he was a Warner acolyte.  I also don't understand the 'trust' issue... he doesn't even get paid as President of the TTFA, so how could he be thiefing money?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
Bakes, as you stated in some of your past posts. Tim Kee's inability to engage the public to clear up issues about his past position and role in the Jack Warner's TTFF is the cause of all the "smart man" perception about him. You stated he was not handpicked by Warner. He was voted in. Then fired by jack because of their differences. He has to convinced the public that he is not that type of person. The added fact that he is the PNM treasurer does not help him either. Well at least with the govt who has the financial leverage.

Contro, also stated that the business sector don't trust him  because of his past association may be quite true. They had given Jack all the money for the 2006  campaign, only to see all the scandal that has followed. I can understand that mistrust. He has to engage the public more to dispel the notion of distrust.

1]; } ?>