Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131062 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Tim Kee: Hart to stay for a long time.
« Reply #270 on: August 27, 2015, 02:36:24 AM »
Hart returns for crucial talks with Tim Kee.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart is set for show down talks with T&T Football Federation president, Raymon Tim Kee in the coming days over his future as plans for the senior men’s team 2018 Russia Fifa World Cup qualifying campaign gets going in November.

The 55-year-old Hart, who returned home earlier this week from vacationing in his adopted homeland Canada is currently without a contract after his two-year deal expired at the end of the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup in the USA last month but from all indications is more than likely to sign on to continue in the position, providing the T&TFF meet his requirements.

Contacted yesterday, Hart who guided T&T to a second straight Gold Cup quarterfinal appearance said, "I haven’t put pen to paper on a new deal, because we have a lot of things to put in place first and make sure that we have the proper programme in place as wee look towards the start of the World Cup qualifying campaign.

Earlier this month at a T&TFF media conference, Tim Kee boasted that Hart was set to stay on as coach of the T&T Soca Warriors team for a long time to come.

A former coach of the Canada national team, Hart signed a two-year deal to coach the Soca Warriors in 2013 and in his first tournament less than a month in charge he led the team to the quarterfinal stage of the Concacaf Gold Cup before losing 1-0 to eventual Mexico.

In his last tournament, the Gold Cup in July, he again guided the T&T team to the quarterfinal round before bowing out to Panama, on sudden-death penalty-kicks after a 1-1 draw.

Overall, as coach of the T&T team, Hart has a record of 12 wins, nine loses and four draws in 25 matches, a fair return for a man who’s time at helm has been overshadowed and hampered by a feud involving Minister of Sports and former national defender Brent Sancho and Tim Kee which sometimes left the San Fernando-born coach, the only full-time technical staff employee and the rest of his staff without salaries for months.

Back then when asked about Hart’s coaching status with the team, an upbeat Tim Kee said everything was being put in place for the out of contract coach to do so on his return home from Canada, but he did not want to speak much about it until Hart was present as a form of respect.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 27, 2015, 03:24:10 AM »
BraveHart...we believe in you! We believe in you...TTFA/MOS give this gentleman the tools and he will build the road to Russia! WE BELIEVE!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 27, 2015, 07:58:16 AM »

Perhaps Simon needs to reflect on the significance of TTFF v TTFA.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2015, 03:03:59 AM »
Real talk, give Mr. Hart total control, when it comes to the soca warriors his rank must be commander-in-chief  with only the prime minister having the final say. a budget must be allocated to him, and he choose his staff, a caribbean airlines jet must be painted over with soca warriors in big writing on both sides an be the official jet of the team. the team kits has to be something never seen before, so appealing you have to buy at least two. we need a pro football commentator with real throat who could hold de word goal for long, ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2015, 04:59:40 AM »

Perhaps Simon needs to reflect on the significance of TTFF v TTFA.

Boy, ah tell yuh!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »
Real talk, give Mr. Hart total control, when it comes to the soca warriors his rank must be commander-in-chief  with only the prime minister having the final say. a budget must be allocated to him, and he choose his staff, a caribbean airlines jet must be painted over with soca warriors in big writing on both sides an be the official jet of the team. the team kits has to be something never seen before, so appealing you have to buy at least two. we need a pro football commentator with real throat who could hold de word goal for long, ...

Good stuff, ODB. Sounds jokey, but not so jokey when yuh study it good.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2015, 08:56:07 AM »

Good stuff, ODB. Sounds jokey, but not so jokey when yuh study it good.
Ditto  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2015, 01:02:26 PM »
Hart awaiting guarantees before signing.

Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart says he is awaiting certain guarantees to be met before putting pen to paper on a new contract with the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

A former Canada men’s national team coach, Hart, 55 confirmed that he did receive a contract offer by the TTFA headed by its president, Raymon Tim Kee but he was waiting for some confirmation with regards to his programmes and proper wording of the offer before committing to leading the team into the 2018 Russia Fifa World Cup qualifying campaign which gets going in November.

He made this disclosure at a TTFA media briefing held to announce the team for Friday’s international friendly away to Mexico at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Salt Lake, Utah.

He said, “I am yet to sit and talk with the federation, but in the meantime I have a job to do with regards to the upcoming matches and maybe when I return something will be sorted out soon.”

Despite not agreeing to the new contract as yet, Hart who returned home earlier this week from vacationing in his adopted homeland, Canada, has been given the full backing by Tim Kee to carry on in the job for a long time to come.

He is currently operating without a contract after his two-year deal expired at the end of the Concacaf Gold Cup in the USA last month when T&T was ousted 6-5 on penalty-kicks by Panama after a 1-1 draw, at the quarterfinal stage.

It was the second straight time Hart had carried the team to the quarterfinals after losing to Mexico, 1-0 in 2013 after only being a month in the position.

Overall, as coach of the T&T team, Hart has a record of 12 wins, nine loses and four draws in 25 matches, a fair return for a man who’s time at helm has been overshadowed and hampered greatly by a feud involving Minister of Sports and former national defender Brent Sancho and Tim Kee which sometimes left the San Fernando-born coach, the only full-time technical staff employee and the rest of his staff without salaries for months.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2015, 11:00:50 PM »
where have all we trini's gone, there is a new term called "by-stander syndrome" where the whole world just stand by and watch the twin towers fall, Obama legalize gay-ism, expolsion in china , false flags, landing on the moon, flat earth, what is real what is deception?? All these people upholding the illusion of morality, but we believe in one the Lord Jesus Christ, who is able to do the exceeding abundant of all that we can think or do, who paid the price the alpha and omega, let us put our trust in him,all else is failure, the third world war is upon us, the rapture is at hand, who do you say I am, thou art the Christ, flesh an blood has not revealed this to you but my father which is heaven, and upon this rock, I build my church, friends all things is about to come to a sudden stop, I can talk football but the reality is we are heading for perilous times the righteous will walk out on the ashes of the wicked, fear not little flock, within the coming weeks things are to unfold, everything is by his grace and mercy, so lets see how this one unfolds, amen... lets see if Hart will stay, I wish he does, but time will tell. amen..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »
Breds, that was some  heavy intro on Hart's behalf!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2015, 07:25:24 AM »
where have all we trini's gone, there is a new term called "by-stander syndrome" where the whole world just stand by and watch the twin towers fall, Obama legalize gay-ism, expolsion in china , false flags, landing on the moon, flat earth, what is real what is deception?? All these people upholding the illusion of morality, but we believe in one the Lord Jesus Christ, who is able to do the exceeding abundant of all that we can think or do, who paid the price the alpha and omega, let us put our trust in him,all else is failure, the third world war is upon us, the rapture is at hand, who do you say I am, thou art the Christ, flesh an blood has not revealed this to you but my father which is heaven, and upon this rock, I build my church, friends all things is about to come to a sudden stop, I can talk football but the reality is we are heading for perilous times the righteous will walk out on the ashes of the wicked, fear not little flock, within the coming weeks things are to unfold, everything is by his grace and mercy, so lets see how this one unfolds, amen... lets see if Hart will stay, I wish he does, but time will tell. amen..

The only thing missing from that is hallelujah..

I like your ideas about rebranding the team. As one poster said, it might sound jokey. But that is the direction we have to go if we want to get the support needed to move ahead. Our track and field administration can also borrow a page from that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread.
« Reply #281 on: September 10, 2015, 04:37:39 PM »
LISTEN LIVE on i95.5FM: Coach Stephen Hart talks football with Andre Errol Baptiste. Topics include the state of the team, player availability, coaching, his future, upcoming matches, the World Cup Qualifiers, the T&T Pro League and funding the national programme.

LINK: http://tunein.com/i955fm
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 10, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
Gosh Andre, yuh have a mic ... doh shout. ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
LISTEN LIVE on i95.5FM: Coach Stephen Hart talks football with Andre Errol Baptiste. Topics include the state of the team, player availability, coaching, his future, upcoming matches, the World Cup Qualifiers, the T&T Pro League and funding the national programme.

Gi we a recap of what went on please. 

Much appreciated  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »

Daiz too much tuh type and remember. Ah trying tuh see if ah could get ah podcast or something of de show.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2015, 02:27:06 AM »
Hart set to sign contract.

Raymond Tim Kee, president of T&T Football Association (T&TFA) says there is no need to panic over the ongoing contract negotiations with Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart.

The 55-year-old Hart, a former Canada national coach is currently without a contract after his two-year deal with the T&TFA expired at the end of the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup in the USA in July where he led the Soca Warriors to the quarterfinals before they were ousted 6-5 on penalty kicks by Panama after a 1-1 draw,

It was the second straight time Hart had carried the team to the quarterfinals after losing to Mexico, 1-0 in 2013 after being in the job for a month while his last international outing in charge of the team on September 4, was a 3-3 draw against Concacaf Gold Cup champions, Mexico at the Rio Tinto Stadium, in Salt Lake, Utah, USA.

It was also the second straight high scoring draw between both teams, after a pulsating 4-4 draw in the Concacaf Gold Cup round-robin group stage.

Overall, Hart now has a record of 12 wins, nine loses and five draws in 26 matches,

Contacted on Tuesday, Tim Kee said, “Up to yesterday (Monday), the general secretary of the T&TFA Sheldon Phillips and I had meetings with our legal representatives and coach Hart with respect to the details of the contract and everything is going to plan.”

However, Tim Kee was quick to point out there were certain specifics within the contract he was able to make full commitment on as yet because it depended on the support and partnership with major sponsors and stakeholders.

Tim Kee said one thing that was certain was that he would not make any promises that he or the T&TFA would be unable to keep.”

The T&TFA boss also hinted at having the entire technical staff on board full-time as compared to Hart's previous two-year stint, when he was the only coach of member of staff being paid as a full-time staff.

He said, “We are trying to have the full technical staff on board as full-time staff and we are continuing to work towards this with our stakeholders and hopefully we will have everything sorted out shortly.

“But at the moment we are not in a hurry and coach Hart has stated he is comfortable with the situation, so I see no need for any sides to panic.”

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2015, 05:07:23 AM »
I heard that Chicago Fire is eying Stephan Hart to be their head coach.

Hart refuse to sign a contract with T&T until certain criteria is met as the TTFA cannot make any guarantees and he is fed up of poor administration work and false promises.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2015, 05:19:38 AM »
Oh, boy!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2015, 07:41:39 AM »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2015, 08:21:15 AM »

Hart refuse to sign a contract with T&T until certain criteria is met as the TTFA cannot make any guarantees and he is fed up of poor administration work and false promises.

Just goes to show how sick the TTFA is. Yuh think BraveHart is asking for some unreasonable provisions for the staff, players?
But no, Uncle Tim, instead of realizing what a talent / blessing he has in Hart, playin' hardball and resistant to change, to protect what?
No wonder they at the TTFA are even more low profile recently. Evil bunch of corrupt, self serving traitors, with no interest in the recently rebounding socawarriors, intent on damaging the fragile football sector and national team. Sick.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2015, 08:38:30 AM »

Hart is a good coach so I expect clubs and countries to try and reel him in. Should I blame the TTFF for dat?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:41:08 AM by Sando prince »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2015, 08:50:55 AM »
Uncle Tim, put in the provisions now so that Hart can sign the effin contract.
Every day delayed is damaging the team's preparations.
Hart, do like Beenhakker and stand by your principles. No pay for the staff, then no contract. You have to feed your family, pay your mortgage, send your children to school. Same for the other staff and many others suffering. THe players need protection from exploitation.  Is not about pleasing the interests of socawarriors.net. You have enough respect from the T&T public and thus leverage to be trusted on a decision to walk away for principle. No justice for the unsung heroes/soldiers of the football teams then no fun for us. Hard luck for Sam, Deeks, Tallman, Flex and all de other ball peongs who rely on this game.  TTFA wil have to learn and feel the wrath of the T&T public if they shit you up for spite.  Uncle Tim, once again .... you are advised to offer the revised "Hart" version of the contract for BraveHart to sign.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »

It took a while to get it, but here's the interview in its entirety.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W3EfKggNoLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W3EfKggNoLA</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
If I was Hart ah wonder f00cking resign until things get better.

Tim Kee is ah mad man.

And de minister of Sport is another tun tun.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2015, 02:19:14 PM »

The TTFA has dismissed reports, which state that National Team head coach Stephen Hart has resigned. In a release issued by the TTFA this morning Hart is quoted as saying: “There is no truth to the rumours. We have two crucial World Cup qualifying matches to prepare for and that remains the focus. The selection of the team is already finalised and will be made public shortly...”

Here's the full release issued by Shaun Fuentes the TTFA's Director of Communications: https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/photos/a.10150137684225610.332278.377693645609/10153673057200610/?type=3&theater

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2015, 03:43:28 PM »
Why is this bakanal appearing at the crucial WC qualifying. Why can't we have a friggin normal build up to a WC. shims man!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 04, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
Why is this bakanal appearing at the crucial WC qualifying. Why can't we have a friggin normal build up to a WC. shims man!

So I see the campaign to replace RTK has begun...
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »

So I see the campaign to replace RTK has begun...

Well, that may be true. But that perception is present because we keep getting mixed signal from the Association every week. Sheldon get fired.  next week, Sheldon may be rehired!! What? What?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2015, 02:56:57 AM »
Hart: We’ve achieved nothing to date.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Stephen Hart was no short of crediting his team for their unbeaten start to the “Road to Russia” campaign but he has warned that nothing has been achieved as T&T must now look to take care of St Vincent/Grenadines away on March 25 and then at home on March 29.

“All the players did their part and the fans were a wonderful 12th man. When you consider that we flew back here after almost ten hours after reaching the airport in Guatemala on Saturday morning, and then have to get the sessions and prepare sufficiently for such a big game, you really must give credit to the boys for their efforts,” Hart said, following the recent two matches against Guatemala and the United States.

“We are growing and maturing more and more. That’s all part of becoming a unit and we’re going to continue striving towards that and getting to being the team that I think we are strongly capable of. But we have to be mindful of the fact that we have not really achieved anything that warrants any celebration. Yes we can say it’s a decent start but there’s a very long journey ahead and we must take the course as it comes.

“Our backline was solid, the midfielders were compact and did their job and of course our front runners were penetrative and caused a lot of problems for the opponent. Kenwyne worked very hard and I was pleased with his efforts. Generally I can’t say there was anything more I could have asked for from the players. But of course we would have loved to be sitting on six points heading into next year and we’ll just have to keep plugging away towards qualifying for the next stage.”

The team will resume training in late December ahead of the Copa America Centenario playoff with Haiti in Panama City on January 8. The teams already through to the Copa America 2016 include Brazil, Argentina, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica Jamaica, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela and Peru.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »
Well said coach, keep them grounded  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>