Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131044 times)

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I respect Stephen Hart but.......
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2016, 05:44:54 PM »
No but a good coach who would give these players a chance would be

so thats how it works? Don't the player/s have to meet certain criteria to "Make" the team? Or we just giving anyone ah bligh? I'm sure when they prove themselves within the framework/vision the coach have for what he wants to achieve, they will be given such 'chance'.

But I'm not the coach, jus ah lil commonsense.
commonsense tells me the style of football he is playing he will not include those playing it does not matter how good those players are playing he's just about physical football.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2016, 09:13:58 AM »
S Hart is playing a outdated English brand of football that they play in Canada that did not work and is not going to work in T&T because Trinidad is were Latin America meets the Caribbean we need a #10 player to pull the strings the players he is picking cannot play that role Cummings could score goals but he lacks creativity T&T should hire a coach that would bring players like S De Silva and M W ling into squad.

Sean De Silva maybe, still can't see him start, but we need a real number 10, Woo Ling has fall of a great deal.

I feel Nick DeLeon would help us a lot because he works really hard the entire game.

We need a few foreign players because the local guys are not serious.

They have the talent but not the mentality.

Look at Cummings, he has a discipline problem.

I plead to David John Williams to really step in and give Hart the tools to do a proper job.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2016, 09:53:30 AM »
Hart said he was disappointed in the performance because the majority of the camp was spent on attacking cohesion and the team did not show it on the field. I not blaming him for that.

I did notice however,a few times where there were only four defenders against the haitian attack. I thought that was something we had overcome.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
What kind of discipline problem Cummins has?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »

Less than the gunman.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2016, 04:09:37 PM »
Hart coulda made all de changes he want, de players did not execute, most of them, they have to take 100% of de blame.

Hart can't go on de field and play?

He pick de best he had.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2016, 04:38:04 PM »
If T&T had won the game, no one would have had a problem with Hart selection.

There is no way he could know who will play good or bad on game day, especially when the players he picked looked good in practice.

These players just did not play how they was supposed and instructed to.

I mean, how on earth they could send a man with a team to play one of our most important games since Bahrain and not even play a warm up, even if some of the players were missing.

Lets look,  Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Daneil Cyrus, Radanfah Abu Bakr (was on vacation in T&T), Neveal Hackshaw, Shahdon Winchester, Rundell Winchester (was home on vacation) and Ataulla Guerra are all based home.

Then Lester Peltier I think was also home on vacation?

Not sure about Aubrey David and Carlyle Mitchell

Cordell Cato, Kevan George, Trevin Caesar, Mekeil Williams and Joevin Jones season was over, so they could have made it earlier.

Jonathan Glenn and Khaleem Hyland was on winter break, I think?

Now if all of my assumption is right, why wasn't something done to have them play a warm up even if it was against W Connection?

These players have to make a better effort also, this game could have benefitted everyone !!!

Hart is not a magician, the man get thrown to the dogs time and time again.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:59:03 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2016, 04:49:26 PM »
If T&T had won the game, no one would have had a problem with Hart selection

punto final!!!!!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »
Very well said flex  !!     yuh absolutely on point ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »

Less than the gunman.

you saying he is a gangster?!!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2016, 12:53:15 AM »
It does not matter if the team got warm up games or not the coach just got it wrong you can't play a physical game against teams that are physically better than you Heart just does not have the tactical know how to coach at this level.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2016, 12:58:05 AM »
It does not matter if the team got warm up games or not the coach just got it wrong you can't play a physical game against teams that are physically better than you Heart just does not have the tactical know how to coach at this level.
welcome back shabazz
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »

Less than the gunman.

you saying he is a gangster?!!

Not at all.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2016, 09:08:10 AM »
What type of game we should've played? I won't say we played a physical game per say but we have to match Haiti's intensity. I think SH is doing a very good job as the coach, he's detail oriented and we're finally forming an identity as a team. Yes we can argue that he should've played with 2 strikers, with a #10 type of player, etc. but the reality is we had the talent to win the game and players didn't live up to expectation on the day.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:34 AM »

Stop talking shit in yuh ass nah!  As for Woo Ling he not ready. DeSilva maybe but he wasn't changing that game.

As for the game, I was very disappointed in that display.  I don't know what it is but Corn Curls does not look himself.  At this point Cato should be RM/RW option #1.  We missed KJ tremendously.  As of right now our captain is irreplaceable!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2016, 09:54:46 AM »

There is no way he could know who will play good or bad on game day, especially when the players he picked looked good in practice.

I mean, how on earth they could send a man with a team to play one of our most important games since Bahrain and not even play a warm up, even if some of the players were missing.

Lets look,  Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Daneil Cyrus, Radanfah Abu Bakr (was on vacation in T&T), Neveal Hackshaw, Shahdon Winchester, Rundell Winchester (was home on vacation) and Ataulla Guerra are all based home.

Cordell Cato, Kevan George, Trevin Caesar, Mekeil Williams and Joevin Jones season was over, so they could have made it earlier.

Now if all of my assumption is right, why wasn't something done to have them play a warm up even if it was against W Connection?

These players have to make a better effort also, this game could have benefitted everyone !!!

Flex, spot on.

But I feel you letting Hart off to easily.

He may have gotten the selection right but his game tactics and formation used in such magnitude of games during games is very disappointing.

Against Haiti, we should have beaten them easily even if they are a physical team because we are technically better and could have done the damage to them early were it would have taken away a lot from them and drop their confidence. We play against physical teams and did well in the past. Lets not forget this was an understrength Haitian team.

The last 15 mins of the game and Hart did nothing to improve his team and also failed to use one of his sub in a game were you needed to win and not worry about scoreline.

He seems like he just don't want to get embarrass again like he did with Canada, so his approach is very tacky.

Other than that, I know we can't win every game, but at least we could play better.

I really do like Hart and I hope he learn from this and move on and up.

Good luck Mr Hart.

You have my 100% support.

I hope you finally drop some of these inconsistent players.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:03:59 AM by Sando »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »
I think he was holding back the last sub for extra time. Cato should start in front of Peltier although Peltier started to improve in the last 20 minutes compared to his last 7 games
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:33 PM »
welcome back shabazz

::)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2016, 04:28:31 PM »
I think he was holding back the last sub for extra time. Cato should start in front of Peltier although Peltier started to improve in the last 20 minutes compared to his last 7 games

The game is guaranteed 90 mins long.

Holding back?

Jose Mourinho use to hold back until he ended up holing a backseat.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:36:09 PM by Sando »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »
S Hart is playing a outdated English brand of football that they play in Canada that did not work and is not going to work in T&T because Trinidad is were Latin America meets the Caribbean we need a #10 player to pull the strings the players he is picking cannot play that role Cummings could score goals but he lacks creativity T&T should hire a coach that would bring players like S De Silva and M W ling into squad.

Sean De Silva maybe, still can't see him start, but we need a real number 10, Woo Ling has fall of a great deal.

I feel Nick DeLeon would help us a lot because he works really hard the entire game.

I plead to David John Williams to really step in and give Hart the tools to do a proper job.
S De Silva should start because he can play that #10 role M Woo Ling was never giving a chance.
N Deleon looks more like a winger to me so I don't know if he can play the #10 role.
Cummings is not a #10 he could only score goals he should be on the bench in case you need somebody to score goals.
S Heart is picking players that are similar T&T has now become predictable 2 years of ugly football is enough, time for D J Williams to send S Heart packing and hire real coach that has proven they can coach international football

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2016, 09:18:26 PM »

S De Silva should start because he can play that #10 role M Woo Ling was never giving a chance.
N Deleon looks more like a winger to me so I don't know if he can play the #10 role.
Cummings is not a #10 he could only score goals he should be on the bench in case you need somebody to score goals.
S Heart is picking players that are similar T&T has now become predictable 2 years of ugly football is enough, time for D J Williams to send S Heart packing and hire real coach that has proven they can coach international football
Bollocks.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2016, 11:48:55 PM »
I can't believe it. One bad result and low and behold everyone is a critic. For those who didn't watch the game please do so because what I saw differ in So many ways to what the rest of the nay Sayers saw. For starters Haiti played a very nasty game with a pound of desperation, sort of reminded me of people in midevial times who were playing for their lives in front of a maniacal king who don't accept anything sort of a winning result.

They pushed grabbed snatched scraped ploughed bulldozed clobbered and flattened our players left and right at every turn, it was 1973 all over again because it was the worst officiating I've ever seen since mark Geiger at the copa america, and a few of the Haitian players should have been given double yellow before they eventually scored.

As a result of all this I have lost any kind of respect for the Haitian team, they wasn't playing football, they were playing rugby, and a classless brand at that, doing anything to win. I am also ashamed and somewhat sickened by the refs in this region for their lack of care for the game. I think concacaf referees are the absolute worst.

I understand the Haitians desire to win, represent and make their nation proud I really do, but when you have to venture out of the code of ethics and protocol of the game and do anything to win even if it means ending a players career, then where do you draw the line? While the people who are paid extremely well to keep the game in order has failed to do so over and over again, so how then could football grow in the region as a force to recon with?

And allow me to throw this out there in case it's brought up as a rebuttal, let me save you some time, yes Abu baker was also supposed to be red carded for that vicious attack on the Haitian attacker. Join questions asked.

I also believe in my heart of hearts that someone in the football world paid a nasty brute to shoot Cummings, call me crazy, but just by the way those Haitians pulled and tugged our players to death, I wouldn't put anything passed them at this point. I truly lost any respect I had for them after watching the game a day later on cable tv, it was nothing short of atrocious, and that referee should never be allowed to officiate such an important game.

Some may disagree and believe what they saw from the Haitians was spirit and heart, claiming that they wanted it more, and I get that, our players do lack urgency so I could see how some may view this as a welcomed trait, but I saw something totally different.  What i saw was the same methods the Latin Americans implore when they cheat by faining injury and doing whatever it takes to get the edge ala saurez, and that there is not what I call spirit, in reality it's cheating and its ruining the game. this is why i make no effort to watch laliga and seri A. Give me a conference game over that side show they call football any day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:41:31 AM by pull stones »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2016, 12:30:24 AM »

I understand what you are trying to say in terms of the need for that specific #10 but your examples not helping your case. Outside of one or two hopeful developers who are already on the senior team, that #10 just doesn't exist currently. I don't think there are any prospects in the youth set ups either. I believe Hart even alluded to as much a few years ago when he questioned where have all the dribblers and fantasy players gone.

Woo Ling hasn't even had a career, a season or half a season to measure his readiness there. Sean ticks a lot of boxes but he plays out wide for Central because he isn't viewed as the best #10 on the team by the past 3 coaches. He has 11 goals and 15 assists in 45 games for Central which is quite decent but he has to improve his consistency over 90 mins and boss a game to be properly considered.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2016, 08:53:24 AM »
Pull stones that rough play you described is typical concacaf ball. Unfortunately we can't just change the channel we have to be able to deal with it effectively.
To me our problem was that we needed to score but we had barely any meaningful interchange between midfield and forwards.
I still don't know why cato didn't play. He's a workhorse and causes problems down the wing.
If we can't attack because we getting roughed up then we should play netball.
I personally don't think it was too rough for us. Iz just that minus kj cummings and molino we have few effective options.
And thank god we had cummings for de while becuz that man was a revelation last year.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
Pull stones that rough play you described is typical concacaf ball. Unfortunately we can't just change the channel we have to be able to deal with it effectively.
To me our problem was that we needed to score but we had barely any meaningful interchange between midfield and forwards.
I still don't know why cato didn't play. He's a workhorse and causes problems down the wing.
If we can't attack because we getting roughed up then we should play netball.
I personally don't think it was too rough for us. Iz just that minus kj cummings and molino we have few effective options.
And thank god we had cummings for de while becuz that man was a revelation last year.
how could you score when every time we build up the play they interrupt and killed it by making willful obvious fouls, this kind of gamesmanship should not be allowed to go unpunished no matter what confederation it is.

i believe if the ref had set a example by sharing cards then maybe they would have afforded the players some sort protection, and the culprits would have been a little more apprehensive to commit these blatant fouls, after all it's the referees job to protect the players well being and the integrity of the game. believe me the officiating was atrocious on friday.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:12:59 AM by pull stones »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2016, 10:25:16 AM »

VALID !!!!!

That make to much sense Flex, therm players not giving T&T a free day from they time on vacation.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »

I understand what you are trying to say in terms of the need for that specific #10 but your examples not helping your case. Outside of one or two hopeful developers who are already on the senior team, that #10 just doesn't exist currently. I don't think there are any prospects in the youth set ups either. I believe Hart even alluded to as much a few years ago when he questioned where have all the dribblers and fantasy players gone.

Woo Ling hasn't even had a career, a season or half a season to measure his readiness there. Sean ticks a lot of boxes but he plays out wide for Central because he isn't viewed as the best #10 on the team by the past 3 coaches. He has 11 goals and 15 assists in 45 games for Central which is quite decent but he has to improve his consistency over 90 mins and boss a game to be properly considered.
Bollocks.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2016, 11:03:01 PM »
Which part and why don't you agree? lol

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2016, 04:35:12 AM »
Hey, the players didn't want to play cuz the money issues. so the team didn't have any time to have a practise match before the Haiti game. I wasn't happy with the team style of play. good lesson for the team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2016, 07:12:24 AM »
Woo Ling is not ready, not even close.

He need to get serious to.

1]; } ?>