Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131100 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #480 on: November 16, 2016, 08:04:10 AM »
I think this team been in array since Cummings got shot .I suggested to coach on this board to at least have him on the bench for morale ,no idea if he ever read it .
Regarding Cyrus ,his last good game was against Argentina ,now he's a coaches pick just like bleeder was to other past coaches.Guess Hart willing to lose his job just so Cyrus could play infortunate especially in a time where we finally have a glut of good defenders .

if you believe we have 'good', then we need 'Great" (medicinal much  :rotfl: )

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 16, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »
9 goals in our last 3 games, scoring 1...I don't think its coach Hart... some players are more committed than others...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 16, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »
Team has gone stale. Hart himself looks beaten and It's only understandable after Tim Kee and now this madman dictator who has given him hell from the start.

The players themselves are a mentally weak bunch and they are young inexperienced and afraid to be an aggressive team who works together.

It will be a hard task for a new coach but at this point I dont think Hart has anything left in the tank to turn this around.

I would personally hire Schafer...He has worked with the type of Caribbean soft mentality with Jamaica and got them to a gold cup final and was unlucky not to get to the hex with Panama and Costa Rica in their group.
He has a bit of live wire spark about him. Put him on a one year contract and see what he can do

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:01 AM »
But we had Maturana who coached Columbia, Peru and Ecuador and got rid of him for Latas

Well said my brother but yuh dealing with plenty dreamers on this board

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 16, 2016, 11:16:35 AM »
Team has gone stale. Hart himself looks beaten and It's only understandable after Tim Kee and now this madman dictator who has given him hell from the start.

The players themselves are a mentally weak bunch and they are young inexperienced and afraid to be an aggressive team who works together.

It will be a hard task for a new coach but at this point I dont think Hart has anything left in the tank to turn this around.

I would personally hire Schafer...He has worked with the type of Caribbean soft mentality with Jamaica and got them to a gold cup final and was unlucky not to get to the hex with Panama and Costa Rica in their group.
He has a bit of live wire spark about him. Put him on a one year contract and see what he can do

He was also lucky to qualify last minute vs Nicaragua

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 16, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »
Kilnsmann 🙄
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »
Kilnsmann 🙄

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Latas will be the next mens national team coach with Stuart Charles as his assistant and Dwight Yorke as spetial advisor.

Gone from the team will be Abu Bakr, Boucaud, Kenwyne Jones, Kevan George, Plaza, and Trevin Cesar

Molino, Peltier, Mikeil Williams, Shahdon Winchester, and Hughton Hector will be back in the team.

Bateau will be captain and Cyrus will partner him in central defence.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 16, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Kilnsmann 🙄

Latas will be the next mens national team coach with Stuart Charles as his assistant and Dwight Yorke as spetial advisor.

Gone from the team will be Abu Bakr, Boucaud, Kenwyne Jones, Kevan George, Plaza, and Trevin Cesar

Molino, Peltier, Mikeil Williams, Shahdon Winchester, and Hughton Hector will be back in the team.

yuh had meh till yuh said Cyrus  :bs:
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 16, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
Kilnsmann 🙄

yuh had meh till yuh said Cyrus  :bs:

Cyrus plays club football for?

Cyrus plays in what position for that club?

Interestingly......Aubrey David, Daniel Cyrus, and Mikeil Williams all play in central defence.  They only playing wing back for the National team because of a dearth of options at the wing back position.

Cyrus played wing back for Chicago Fire and got released fairly quickly.  He has natural attributes....physicality, speed, athleticism etc.  Unfortunately the mental side of his game vastly overshadows those attributes.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:01:25 PM by palos »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »
Stephen Hart is not helping his case because of poor results and losing to Haiti and Martinique in important matches.

His faith in Cyrus will also be his downfall, anyone can see he is terrible at right back.

Bateau is suspended for our next games I think, now what?

Hart need to play friendly games, you cant play 1 game evry 2 months and expect the team to do well, especially when you have players that dont play regular. He needs to build a local team and give them exposure.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 16, 2016, 01:45:34 PM »
Errol, I agree about the friendlies. But that depends on DJW.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »
Stephen Hart is not helping his case because of poor results and losing to Haiti and Martinique in important matches.

His faith in Cyrus will also be his downfall, anyone can see he is terrible at right back.

I hope you realize that Cyrus is probably his best option but I'm sure all the proleague teams think they have better players. Personally, I think Cyrus is decent and is good going forward,  however, he is defensively a goat and I don't understand how he plays CD as one f the attributes of a CD is to see the whole field and he doesn't as he has these momentary lapses where he becomes so ball bound that he doesn't adjust to suit.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
You would have preferred we lost to Guatemala?

Cyrus is one of the very few options we have at the wing back position. 

The question you have to ask yourself is.....is joevin jones more of an asset at wing back or higher up the field?  Joevin Jones doesn't want to play wing back either and he is arguably more effective in an advanced position.

Hoyte doesn't have a club

Everyone else are either too green (Hodge, Peters) or are really center backs filling in. 

The only other option is Cato who plays wing back for his club.  I would have tried Cato at right back but I also not in camp to see who training well etc.

We're quite deep at the centre back position.

Hart need to play friendly games, you cant play 1 game evry 2 months and expect the team to do well, especially when you have players that dont play regular. He needs to build a local team and give them exposure.
I'll play along

Say he builds a local team like the one that went China, Peru etc.  He gave them exposure.  They failed to measure up.

If the team needs to play friendlies...the coach must organize them too? 

[/quote]

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 16, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »
Palos, two games is not enough to truly gauge players.

Mitchell, Marshall and bateau can play wing back, but yes, we shirt there, this is why Hart need games to help them discover and groom a few.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 16, 2016, 05:16:21 PM »
Palos, two games is not enough to truly gauge players.

Mitchell, Marshall and bateau can play wing back, but yes, we shirt there, this is why Hart need games to help them discover and groom a few.

Hart use 31 local players in his 3 years.  He try Gonzalez, Hodge, and James.   If one hasn't been "discovered" is because the well not jes dry in that position.  It near non existent.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 16, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »
Cyrus problem is fitness, when you are not physically fit you switch off mentally.

The wing back has to be the fittest player on any football team due to the physical demands of the position.

Sport is a science now, players wearing heart monitors and are evaluated individually and put on specific dietary, strength and fitness programs. Does this even exist in the local professional or national setup?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 16, 2016, 09:38:20 PM »

We're quite deep at the centre back position.

I cringe at this one. They just put een Mitchell and he virtually cause 2 goals. I praying for a miracle, 2 center backs in England or somewhere suddenly realize they have Trini roots.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart urged to shake up T&T team
« Reply #497 on: November 17, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

BRENT SANCHO and Keith Look Loy have both expressed their disappointment in the lacklustre efforts of the Trinidad and Tobago football team, against Honduras on Tuesday and Costa Rica last Friday, in their respective FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round qualifiers.

On Tuesday, T&T were beaten 3-1 away to Honduras at San Pedro Sula while, last Friday, they were defeated 2-0 by Costa Rica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

However, both Sancho and Look Loy, in respective telephone interviews yesterday, noted that T&T coach Stephen Hart was not entirely to blame for the team’s struggles, as the players also have to take stock for the team’s display. Focusing on the Honduras match, Sancho described the result as “disappointing”.

The current Central FC chief executive officer noted, “I think, when you look at the way the Honduras team started, they never gave us a chance to settle, which is expected when you’re playing these types of teams, especially (away), they would play at a very high tempo.

“We didn’t start well,” continued the former national defender. “We had a better second half.

Although we got a goal (courtesy Carlyle Mitchell) from a better start in the second half, (we) could not sustain that throughout the period.

All and all, I’m quite sure that Hart would have been a bit disappointed with the way we played in total. We played in spurts. There is a lot of work to be done between now and March.” Trinidad and Tobago will host Panama on March 24 and Mexico four days later, when World Cup qualification resumes.

Despite the poor start, Sancho believes T&T can still qualify as he reminisced on the 2006 campaign where T&T reached Germany after registering just one point from their first three games.

“I think there is where Hart’s work will start, being able now to modify and change things around, which I’m sure he’s spoken about, as it relates to the (forthcoming) games that we have still around the corner,” he added.

Look Loy, the current FC Santa Rosa president and coach, admitted that the Honduras result “puts us in a deep hole already, after two games, even if there are eight left.

“When you look at the performance of our team, you don’t know, on average, where the five wins we need to get, are coming from.” The outspoken Look Loy was quick to point out several problems in the etam.

“Fitness is one, the players looked very tired at the end of both matches. The team selection is another, I think the public is fairly well-convinced now that (captain and centre forward) Kenwyne Jones does not have a place on the starting team.

That’s my view. As we saw (on Tuesday) and against Costa Rica, (Trevin) Caesar and (Willis) Plaza present a better option; they’re more mobile, better on the ball and they offer more to the team.” He added, “we have the question of team tactics and tactical indiscipline.

The worst culprit in that regard was (right back) Daneil Cyrus, who was giving away goals every match. Honduras had studied our games and they came after him from the first whistle.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Local coaches call for Hart’s plan B
« Reply #498 on: November 17, 2016, 09:19:18 AM »
Local coaches call for Hart’s plan B
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Local coaches are calling on national coach Stephen Hart to introduce a plan ‘B’ in the wake of the team’s disappointing 1-3 loss to Honduras on Tuesday night in the Final Round of the World Cup Qualifiers in San Pedro Sula.

Coaches Angus Eve and Ron La Forrest, both pointed to Hart’s achievements in guiding the ‘Soca Warriors’ to the final round, said yesterday that his style of play has become too predictable to opposing teams and he must now introduce another attacking strategy as soon as possible, if T&T is to have any chance of playing in a World Cup for a second time.

Under Hart, the team has lost its opening two matches of the round, going down 2-0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium to Costa Rica last Friday, and Tuesday’s humiliating defeat to the Hondurans away from home, which has effectively placed T&T out of the automatic qualifying zone which is for the top three teams. T&T is ahead of United States which lies last on the six-team table without a point.

Yesterday, Eve, who coach Club Sando and two-time Secondary Schools’ champion team Naparima College, in his assessment of the game, explained that Hart’s use of two strikers- Kenwyne Jones and Trevin Caesar, was evident of his desire to attack his opponents, when he should have opted to play a counter-attacking game. “When you’re in a tournament of this magnitude, you have to decide how you want to play at home and away. In my humble view, we should play more attacking football at home, which means using more attacking players because of the advantage, but use a counter-attacking strategy when we are on the road” Eve explained.

In his comment, the former national midfield stand-out who is now being recognized for his achievement as a coach, pointed out that the team’s defeat on Tuesday night was due largely to the lack of marking and tracking by the players.

Hart’s use of the same backline that consisted Sheldon Bateau and Carlyle Mitchell- both occupying the central positions and Daneil Cyrus and Aubrey David on the flanks, did meet Eve’s approval, but he said Cyrus looked particularly unaware of who to pick up when they are in defence mood.

Eve pointed out that while he still believes Hart is the man to take the country to the World Cup, it is imperative that he introduces a plan ‘B’ to effectively get us there. “We have been doing the same thing over and over and teams have worked out now” Eve added. He is calling on the team’s technical committee to sit with Hart and guide him accordingly, saying he hopes his comments are taken as constructive criticism and nothing else.

Meanwhile, La Forrest, a fan of Hart and his football, has also called for him to introduce a plan ‘B’ which will improve the team’s attacking power. He believes the team has been playing too defensive, particularly with the use of captain and striker Kenwyne Jones up front.

The former national standout said: “We need to use the talent that we have available to us that is certain to produce goals — Joevin Jones and Levi Garcia need to be on the field at all times, as well as the proper use of strikers Willis Plaza and Trevin Caesar and midfielders Cordell Cato, Andre Boucaud and Ataulla Guerra.

He noted that while he supports Hart to take the team to the World Cup, the T&T Football Association being headed by David John-Williams, should surround him with a number of knowledgeable coaches that will provide much needed assistance for the rest of the qualifiers and beyond.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #499 on: November 17, 2016, 03:17:11 PM »

Look Loy, the current FC Santa Rosa president and coach, admitted that the Honduras result “puts us in a deep hole already, after two games, even if there are eight left.

“When you look at the performance of our team, you don’t know, on average, where the five wins we need to get, are coming from.” The outspoken Look Loy was quick to point out several problems in the etam.

“Fitness is one, the players looked very tired at the end of both matches. The team selection is another, I think the public is fairly well-convinced now that (captain and centre forward) Kenwyne Jones does not have a place on the starting team.

That’s my view. As we saw (on Tuesday) and against Costa Rica, (Trevin) Caesar and (Willis) Plaza present a better option; they’re more mobile, better on the ball and they offer more to the team.” He added, “we have the question of team tactics and tactical indiscipline.

The worst culprit in that regard was (right back) Daneil Cyrus, who was giving away goals every match. Honduras had studied our games and they came after him from the first whistle.”

See how this man (Look Loy) just saying what everyone thinking. he doh care who doh like it! plain talk and bad manners yes
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:18:59 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 17, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »

See how this man (Look Loy) just saying what everyone thinking. he doh care who doh like it! plain talk and bad manners yes

Yes sure, ask Alianza's fan about Plaza.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 17, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »
must at this point agree with Eve. Although I'm a fan of KJ and think he is doing his job effectively, i think the men he's setting up are not effective..in the absence of men who can take on men, a la Pele, Maradona etc..or Stern, latas and even a Cornell, attacking and creating havoc without seemingly being stopped by kickdown everytime (JJ). Make no sense at this point setting up men, who then don't create/cause any shake up. Since we have no one of that ilk, then it seems necessary to change the setup man strategy. In fact, he hardly gets a decent cross whereby he has a chance of - using his athletic ability, by out jumping the opposing defenders nor recieving the ball back in a scoring position. Thus yes, Plan B. May still have Jones on the field, if necessary but in a different role, the air ball with his back to goal not working.  If he occupies 2 or 3, and still our strongest dribblers JJ, Levi or Cato not penetrating, then maybe they not able to, so no setup necessary.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:59:30 AM by maxg »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 17, 2016, 07:14:55 PM »

We can call for the coach to be changed, but realistically who can we afford that is an upgrade? I am a supporter of Hart, but I think even if its for the simple refreshing and "new-manager" syndrome for performances, we should be seriously thinking of changing.

We can't change the pool of players...and to be honest they have been together for a long time, playing lots of games together. But the coach can be changed.

The way I see it, we either:
1) Do nothing and hope to turn around the team's form by the law of nature and numbers where things always seem to even out over a longer period of time...Over roughly the last year, we have played 13 games and lost 8 times, scoring 8 and conceding 27. The 3 teams we have beaten are Caribbean teams, and unfortunately none of them in the HEX for us to feast on. So you could HOPE that we are due for a few wins and goals...

or

2) Go out and take a loan and get a new world class coach like we did in 2005 and give the players a better chance. They have lost form bad/grown stale and need a spark. There are some coaches readily available - Bruce Arena, Marcelo Bielsa, Sam Allardyce, Frank Rijkaard, Dunga, Frank de Boer, Manuel Pellegrini. I am sure we could get one of these guys for under a Mil USD for a year long contract for 2017.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 17, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »
i think the team can utilize a 5-3-2 formation helping our defensive situation and then transforming into a 3-5-2 on the attack.

Plaza               Caesar

Molino/Guerra

Hyland/Bostock          Boucaud

J Jones                                                     Cato
                                                                      Marshall      Bateau    Mitchell

Philip/WIlliams

We have caesar and plaza as our two strikers, molino/guerra as the attacking mid, Hyland/Bostock and Boucaud (which ever 2) at holding midfield, Joevin and cato as our wing backs making the runs down the flanks, and with marshall, bateau and mitchell as our back 3. we get fit to run 120 minutes, play a pressing game, dont let the other team breathe and we're right up there.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 17, 2016, 09:22:42 PM »
Let's hope Bostock is in the frame of mind to play for a struggling team.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 21, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »
Well one CONCACAf football Federation/Association did what DESPERATELY needed to be done...No more Jurgen...like Green Day said...

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2016, 10:12:55 PM »
MR David John Williams its your move next.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 22, 2016, 05:14:58 AM »
Hearing that Dr Babwah, long standing team doctor has resigned. Any confirmations on the ground?

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 22, 2016, 11:06:45 AM »
Hearing that Dr Babwah, long standing team doctor has resigned. Any confirmations on the ground?

saw it today in the papers also

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 22, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
Yes, it was on the papers today.

1]; } ?>