Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131080 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
Hart: Babwah never told us that! Maurice, Ottley slam “very strange” resignations over Jan injury
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart, goalkeeper coach Michael Maurice and fitness trainer Tobias Ottley have strongly denied accusations—published in the Trinidad Guardian newspaper—that the coach played Jan-Michael Williams against medical advice by team doctor Dr Terence Babwah in their 3-1 World Cup qualifying loss to Honduras on 15 November.
The issue was raised initially by radio host Andre Baptiste on the i95.5FM station on Saturday 19 November. According to the Guardian article, that was the very day that Babwah and physiotherapist Dave Isaacs handed in their resignations to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).
Babwah confirmed his resignation but asked that all questions be directed to TTFA president David John-Williams.
“It is true that I resigned but anything more you will have to talk to John-Williams,” Babwah told Wired868.
John-Williams did not answer any questions on the issue while Isaacs could not be reached by phone. The TTFA subsequently released a press statement on both resignations.
The 32-year-old Williams, who has 75 full international caps, was knocked unconscious and concussed after just six minutes in San Pedro Sula when Honduras striker Alberth Ellis inadvertently smashed his knee into the temple of the Central FC custodian.
Guardian reporter Walter Alibey, who quoted an anonymous source, claimed that Babwah “strongly recommended” that Williams not play, since he was “medically unfit” due to “a severe shoulder injury” sustained against Costa Rica on 11 November which left him “unable to raise his left hand or dive on his left side.”
“There was hardly any movement in William’s left hand,” stated the Guardian’s source, “and he therefore it could not be extended it and furthermore, play in the game.”
The TTFA release today claimed that Babwah quit because “his professional integrity and that of the Team’s medical staff, had been compromised by decisions made leading up to the Honduras game.”
However, the claims about Williams’ pre-existing injury were vehemently denied by the coaching staff and the goalkeeper.
“[Babwah] never told me it was not safe to play Jan,” Hart told Wired868. “He never ever said that! He told me that Jan had an injury [while we were] in Trinidad. He said Jan hurt his shoulder and he was struggling with it.
“So I said let us see how it works out. We had a light training session in Trinidad but then we had two training sessions in Panama and Jan trained twice fully. He dived, he did everything.
“Before the game, Doc never came to me and said ‘I advise Jan-Michael Williams should not play’. Because he would then have had to [also] recommend that Jan not even train [in Honduras]. And Jan trained fully.”
The first point of contention was when Williams received the knock that worried Babwah. The article claimed it happened during the Costa Rica match. But, according to the goalkeeper, he actually hurt his shoulder in the warm-up before the game.
Despite some soreness, Williams still felt able to play and did so without incident. He was not at fault for either Costa Rica goal.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2016/11/22/hart-babwah-never-told-us-that-maurice-ottley-slam-very-strange-resignations-over-jan-injury/

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
This new episode sounds very fishy to me....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 22, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »
This new episode sounds very fishy to me....

It full ah seafood.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 22, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
There are snakes on the technical staff and snakes on the football team intent on only personal gain and gratification. Seems like this campaign is doomed for failure. Thanks to John-Williams, Babwah, Molino & Co you have succeeded in whatever you set out to gain. Keep away Bostock, De Leon, Willaims, Wright-Phillips and Ramjitsingh.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Have a heart and take a walk, Hart
« Reply #514 on: November 23, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »
Have a heart and take a walk, Hart
T&T Newsday

THE EDITOR: If I were national football coach Stephen Hart, I would have a heart and send in my walking papers, relieving the nation of the football anxiety.

I feel sorry for fans who pay to experience such pain at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

If I were Football Association president David John William I would accept Hart’s walking papers. This would allow me the opportunity to bring in two different talents.

I would ask coach Russell Latapy to hold the reins. Latapy has the knack for spotting dynamic talent which, I think, abounds in the B-Mobile National Super League. I would also ask Everard “Gally” Cummings to join the crew as technical director. This is the change national football needs. These two men working in tandem.

They are experienced men, they can be the change.

We cannot continue to relive this insanity of doing the same things and expecting a different result in World Cup games.

We even look jokey in warm-up games.

Hart is like a typical politician, offering hope in the face of the stark reality that the team is delivering a matter associated with WASA. It is the goodly gentleman who picks the team, so he is responsible.

He is being paid to deliver results.

Football is not played in the past tense, but is all about results in the present.

For the length of time Hart has been coach, the team should be performing at a higher level, and more cohesively.

Our defence is porous like our borders and making our goalkeepers look bad.

Passes are sprayed senselessly by players, making you wonder if they are brain dead.

You also wonder why they are there. Forwards won’t pull the trigger in the box, making you believe they are gun shy. It is pure torture. So after all the national hype, and hours of practice, our footballers have delivered nothing worthy of praise in the last two qualifiers against Honduras and Costa Rica. When a player is cheered off the field, he must take stock. Captain Kenwyne Jones, who I think has reached his expiry date, is much like Captain Smith of the Titanic, standing on the bridge wondering what hit him, or what he hit.

I always feel the national team of 1972, the Strike Squad and the 2006 World Cup teams will beat the current team like a bobolee. Time for a real shake-up.

KEITH ANDERSON via e-mail
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 23, 2016, 08:44:12 AM »
Obliviously this Mr. Anderson on shit. Latapy had his chance and failed already. Maybe it was a premature appointment, but he is definitely not needed right now. He good where he at...I'm still holding out in Hart riding out, because I really believe it's the players. Next game, if we lorse or draw, then I wld thank coach Hart, and see what's the best available option.

Back to the article tho, this team just lacking the correct attitude. The talent is there but the attitude isn't, which is pointless. A shake up is needed, but I don't think calling for the coach head is the correct call at this time..
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 23, 2016, 08:57:48 AM »

I would ask coach Russell Latapy to hold the reins. Latapy has the knack for spotting dynamic talent which, I think, abounds in the B-Mobile National Super League. I would also ask Everard “Gally” Cummings to join the crew as technical director. This is the change national football needs. These two men working in tandem.

Is this guy crazy? does he understand the significance of the position of senior national coach? Latas has just recently failed miserably with the U-17 team. I love Latas as a player but as a coach he is yet to prove himself in any of his previous posts as coach. This guys claims Latas have a knock for spotting talent and should be coach of the national team based on this?

And he want to bring back Cummmings too Old man thinking here once again.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:34:16 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 23, 2016, 11:06:36 AM »
These days I getting so fed up of hearing people braying I zoned out this.

From now on... Anybody suggesting Hart be fired... Please give viable and realistic suggestions as to his replacement.

Anything short of that wasting time.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 23, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
Well today appears to be the day of reckoning. Technical committee meeting this afternoon.

Hart apparently has not even been invited to sit with the FA at any level to present his own perspective. They simply asked him for a written report which is customary after any competitive match regardless of the outcome.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2016, 11:46:40 AM »
too much drama in de wrong place 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #520 on: November 23, 2016, 05:35:16 PM »
The decision was made to stop our national teams success under Hart..

Sabotaging our team and coach... too much money involved so TT can't upset that equation

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 23, 2016, 07:37:48 PM »
the little I know of Mr Hart, I would say that if he felt he didn't have something to offer this team to take us to Russia, he would have resigned already. I can only imagine how difficult it is to function in the position admin and some of the older local football fraternity placed on him. There's been a serious lack of respect from day 1, more so with the new Pres (and his agenda)

Offline TriniUSA

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 23, 2016, 09:36:25 PM »
Do you guys think the disparity in the results under the David John Williams presidency and the Tim Kee presidency is a coincidence? Do you not think there is a conflict of interest having DJW as the president of TTFA? Unfortunately like in politics in T&T, there is a cultural problem in Trinidad & Tobago where a lack integrity and honesty in public office is all to common. Firing Coach Hart is not the solution to our current problems and hiring Latapy is definitely not the solution. Latapy will go down as one of our greatest players  but a great player does not necessarily make a great coach. This team lacks the quality of the 1972 team, the Strike squad and even the 2005-06 team and they overachieved in their early games under Coach Hart and I knew they would have been hard pressed to improve on those performances. Our players lack the mental toughness and national pride to compete at the highest level. Case in point is Joevin Jones who when substituted in the last game , walked off the field expression less, as if he did give a damn and I felt he looked like he would have preferred to be elsewhere (maybe on a boat ride). Players have to want to represent their country and give their everything when out there. Molino in my opinion should not be selected again for a very long time, once is an indiscretion twice is utter disrespect for the country , coach and fellow players and all players who sympathize with him should also be shown the door. I feel sorry for Coach Hart but his profession is results based and unfortunately may end up losing his job. T&T football is not going anywhere under David Jack Warner sorry, John Williams and until we can get someone with integrity and willing to look after the interest of the country and not themselves, the country and it's loyal supporters will continue to suffer.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The Kangaroo Court is in session for Hart
« Reply #523 on: November 24, 2016, 01:29:53 PM »
Just when you think our football is on the rise, here comes another dictator to ruin our chances and take away the people's happiness..

Some men are a blight, once they get involved with something it goes down the drain, because they have a bad mind, it's not a mind for progression or betterment but of greed, corruption and ego.

We have once again entered another dark era in our football, where the autocrats have their spies and men propagating their message to ensure they remain in power, in order to benefit and suck dry our football..

Hart is a man of honour, he has endured without pay and through constant drama of the local based and their constant bobol and fight for validation... their insecurity over his talent as coach has led us down this dark passage..

In order to remove ourselves from this we need to further examine the people who elected the dictator and his minions and also if anything were to change to implement a boycott on our football and demand the removal of the scourge in our land...

You cannot progress with negative leaders and leaders of no substance... we need visionaries and men who are not petty and small minded .. I warned the board and they did not heed my warning, now we are on a downward slide that may end up with us loosing out on a good chance that may not come for another 5 years or more..

It's time for the doubters to start to listen to reason and logic and what is best for our football..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:24:55 PM by Controversial »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 24, 2016, 03:36:17 PM »
Full on conspiracy theory

The USMNT will need to guarantee 3 points vs T&T which, after last outing in PoS was not a high probability. The USMNT not qualifying for a WC has far reach consequences even more so I believe than say El Tri not qualifying. Klinsmann for the USMNT becomes a liability and is dispatched with to make room for someone who will be much more complicit in following instructions in the upcoming qualifiers. Hart meanwhile in T&T also needs to make way as he has proven to be a man of high moral and strong character. He'll be replaced by someone who will have no problem letting the President dictate the pace.

This is History repeating itself. Another JW in the making following the same script. It seems that we are destined for another 1989. It may be less dramatic but the result on the field and off the field will be the same. Soca Warriors lose, and the TTFA president moves up the ranks in CONCACAF and FIFA like he's been trying to do.

June 9th 2017
October 10th 2017

Mark those dates and watch history repeat itself.

Hope I'm wrong.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 24, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »
Only if you really believe that the US is in any real danger of not making it out of the Hex!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #526 on: November 24, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »
Full on conspiracy theory

The USMNT will need to guarantee 3 points vs T&T which, after last outing in PoS was not a high probability. The USMNT not qualifying for a WC has far reach consequences even more so I believe than say El Tri not qualifying. Klinsmann for the USMNT becomes a liability and is dispatched with to make room for someone who will be much more complicit in following instructions in the upcoming qualifiers. Hart meanwhile in T&T also needs to make way as he has proven to be a man of high moral and strong character. He'll be replaced by someone who will have no problem letting the President dictate the pace.

This is History repeating itself. Another JW in the making following the same script. It seems that we are destined for another 1989. It may be less dramatic but the result on the field and off the field will be the same. Soca Warriors lose, and the TTFA president moves up the ranks in CONCACAF and FIFA like he's been trying to do.

June 9th 2017
October 10th 2017

Mark those dates and watch history repeat itself.

Hope I'm wrong.

Trinidad is full of sell outs, from the politicians to govt to heads of sport...

These men have no integrity so they will sell out their country to reach a position of power... they can't achieve that on their own, so they need to use our national team to do it.. for their own advancement

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #527 on: November 24, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »
Do you guys think the disparity in the results under the David John Williams presidency and the Tim Kee presidency is a coincidence? Do you not think there is a conflict of interest having DJW as the president of TTFA? Unfortunately like in politics in T&T, there is a cultural problem in Trinidad & Tobago where a lack integrity and honesty in public office is all to common. Firing Coach Hart is not the solution to our current problems and hiring Latapy is definitely not the solution. Latapy will go down as one of our greatest players  but a great player does not necessarily make a great coach. This team lacks the quality of the 1972 team, the Strike squad and even the 2005-06 team and they overachieved in their early games under Coach Hart and I knew they would have been hard pressed to improve on those performances. Our players lack the mental toughness and national pride to compete at the highest level. Case in point is Joevin Jones who when substituted in the last game , walked off the field expression less, as if he did give a damn and I felt he looked like he would have preferred to be elsewhere (maybe on a boat ride). Players have to want to represent their country and give their everything when out there. Molino in my opinion should not be selected again for a very long time, once is an indiscretion twice is utter disrespect for the country , coach and fellow players and all players who sympathize with him should also be shown the door. I feel sorry for Coach Hart but his profession is results based and unfortunately may end up losing his job. T&T football is not going anywhere under David Jack Warner sorry, John Williams and until we can get someone with integrity and willing to look after the interest of the country and not themselves, the country and it's loyal supporters will continue to suffer.

You're wrong about our players lack of talent, that is bull, our players are under stress and also underperforming because the power circle is setting to stage a coup...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: The Kangaroo Court is in session for Hart
« Reply #528 on: November 24, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
Deeks?  :)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA and Hart part ways
« Reply #529 on: November 24, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »
TTFA and Hart part ways
TTFA Media

The Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA) and Senior National Men’s Team Head Coach Stephen Hart have agreed to part ways with immediate effect.

This follows a meeting held this afternoon between Mr. Hart and members of the TTFA Board of Directors.

President David John-Williams, on behalf of the TTFA, thanks Mr. Hart for his services over the past three years and wishes him every success in his future endeavours.

Mr. John-Williams confirms that the announcement of a new Head Coach for the TTFA Senior National Men’s Team will be made in the shortest possible time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA and Hart part ways
« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »
SH thank you and good luck!

You remain a legend in my household.  :salute:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »
I'll wait to see who take over before I decide whether to rest this team for the next 4 yrs or not.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2016, 05:20:18 PM »
Ohhh boy I want to see who's coming in now. Thank you coach Hart!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
Let's see whether the TTFA's succession plan emulates that of US Soccer: going back to the future and announced on the following day.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2016, 05:55:53 PM »
What a shame...real garbage...the players let down the country and a coach that really cared about them. The TTFA on shit!!!
Good luck Coach Hart! For real! What a fkn shameee
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 24, 2016, 05:56:38 PM »
This is some real  :bs:
This TTFA needs a dread boycott
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 24, 2016, 05:56:47 PM »
Thanks Coach Hart.

So who the replacement is now? Shouldn't that have been figured out before they let him go?

Doh tell me is Latapy. The only good thing about that would be Molino might break camp and bounce up the coach in the dance.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 24, 2016, 06:01:08 PM »
Thanks Coach Hart, sorry it had to end like this. I wish u all the best, u deserve better than this tin pot administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2016, 06:09:41 PM »
Very unfortunate end. Thanks Coach Hart for a lot of good times, the team made some strides under your stewardship but as usual off the field stuff came into play.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:31 PM »
The whole shenanigan surrounding the firing makes it that much worst. If hey had just come out and said "the last couple results left us concerned about qualifying for Russia and so we think we need to try something different", may have been a more palatable pill to swallow.

But the underneath, in the shadows type of dealing makes it difficult to accept and understand their position

1]; } ?>