Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131099 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 25, 2016, 07:07:53 PM »
So they gone and fire a coach...no replacement lined up..with a little over a month to go before the Gold Cup playoffs.

NICE.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 25, 2016, 07:58:57 PM »
Nah, Bourbon, they had someone line up long  time. They were just waiting for the team to slip, so that they can drop the guilloutine on Hart. Unfortunately they slipped badly.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:14:21 PM by Deeks »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 25, 2016, 11:07:25 PM »
It's left to be seen who dey bringin..if is a proper Coach...then dat would tell me that Jack still in charge...

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 26, 2016, 04:07:29 AM »
It's alarming that S Hart have not been paid in 6 months and he is still owed 2 mill dollars I hope that's TT dollars that means these guys have no money and DJW now have to look for somebody who is willing to pay for a good coach there is no way a good coach will take that job if he doesn't know when he is getting paid.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 26, 2016, 05:07:45 AM »
It's alarming that S Hart have not been paid in 6 months and he is still owed 2 mill dollars I hope that's TT dollars that means these guys have no money and DJW now have to look for somebody who is willing to pay for a good coach there is no way a good coach will take that job if he doesn't know when he is getting paid.
Interesting.
What made you now realize this?

All the time you want him to get fired and celebrating when he did.
So that light only came on now?

Who going and be the coach? Fenwick? Latapy? Fervier? Lawrence? Yorke?

They eh even sure when Hart going and collect his wages far less when they going and collect theirs. And time going.

Is one thing to be laying in wait to remove somebody and looking for every chance to do it... Is totally another thing when you have no plan about what to do after that. If another coach was already lined up then that could or should have been announced one time. It wasn't. Which is another reason why this was a stupid decision.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 05:13:41 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 26, 2016, 06:05:28 AM »
Interesting.
What made you now realize this?

All the time you want him to get fired and celebrating when he did.
So that light only came on now?

Who going and be the coach? Fenwick? Latapy? Fervier? Lawrence? Yorke?

They eh even sure when Hart going and collect his wages far less when they going and collect theirs. And time going.

Is one thing to be laying in wait to remove somebody and looking for every chance to do it... Is totally another thing when you have no plan about what to do after that. If another coach was already lined up then that could or should have been announced one time. It wasn't. Which is another reason why this was a stupid decision.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk

As much as I hate to see Hart go I wouldn't mind the duo of Dennis Lawrence and Fenwick. Fenwick seems to be a no nonsense tactician and Dennis has gained considerable knowledge as a coach at Everton. Plus with Terry being an englishman and Dennis profile as the man who scored that goal to get us to WC 2016 I'm sure we can woo potential players

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »
The next coach will come from the rum shop DJW frequents

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2016, 08:21:25 AM »
As much as I hate to see Hart go I wouldn't mind the duo of Dennis Lawrence and Fenwick. Fenwick seems to be a no nonsense tactician and Dennis has gained considerable knowledge as a coach at Everton. Plus with Terry being an englishman and Dennis profile as the man who scored that goal to get us to WC 2016 I'm sure we can woo potential players

Where to begin with this mess?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart is gone
« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2016, 09:36:16 AM »
Hart is gone
By Alvin Corneal (T&T Guardian)

This advice started when I was growing up. My parents kept reminding me to avoid snap decisions and study the details before making a judgment.

When I heard the news of the dismissal of Stephen Hart, the coach of the Soca Warriors senior men’s team on Thursday night, despite the numerous bits of unofficial rumours coming from the mouths of insiders, the decision was not surprising.

Now that it has occurred, we must ask ourselves questions regarding the next productive move from the head office.

Today, our national team has no coach, which means that all training sessions are placed upon the players, who are all residing in various parts of the world and are immediately wondering if they are still in line for selection or not.

Since we lost to Honduras, it has been 10 days that we could have restarted some type of plans for the March encounter against Panama and Honduras.

I suppose the search for a replacement is on the front burner, a decision which should take serious discussion in order to find someone who knows the current players at home and abroad, their playing styles, their behavioural patterns and their commitment to represent the country, which are features that often appear to be apprehensive to the naked eye.

Do we have any qualified coaches residing in this country to satisfy the greed for success needed by the “Technical committee”.

Our desire to seek foreign employees has been used in the past, most times without utilizing due process which is requested by our immigration and labour departments and laws.

Of course, the rules were moved aside and Beenhakker, Otto Pfister and a few foreigners who crept in silently, probably started their duties without work permits. This was a practice used even for foreign coaches to be employed by local clubs.

In this regard, I must hope that applications from anyone local or foreign, be requested and interviewed before making what will then be the right choice, based upon their qualifications.

Hart strengthened his desire with his experience which he earned abroad and gave his best effort to build a team with the bricks, metal and a confused mindset of human service, that was spread around the world and brought to him days before kick off.

Forgive me for having little confidence in the selection of the coach based on their knowledge of the limited ingredients needed for choosing coaches.

My next question is, who will be chosen and for what length of time? Remember, Hart was fired for losing two consecutive matches against two of the strong teams in the hex.

What if the TTFA seek the expertise of the Jose Mourinho, Pep Guadiola, or some lesser mortal like Rene Simoes or and others and they lost the first two matches in March, what will be our next step, taking into consideration, the astronomical salary which they will ask?

This means the amount of three to four million dollars for six months work and we still have to find money to honour the commitment for the next six matches.

At this point, I will dream of another plan forward after knowing the person who will take our football towards “ a methodical and beneficial route to the future”.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart not surprised by sacking
« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

FORMER national coach Stephen Hart said his sacking did not come as a surprise, but stated he does not have any hard feelings towards the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association following their decision.

Hart, who served as head coach of the national team for almost three and a half years, was relieved of his duties on Thursday. In a media release on Thursday, the TTFA stated that they, and Hart “have agreed to part ways with immediate effect. This follows a meeting held (hours earlier) between Hart and members of the TT FA Board of Directors.” “Well to be honest there were a lot of rumours around and people called and said they had heard this and they had heard that. As a coach when you have a couple bad results you always feel (you can get fired), especially with the history of the TT Football Association and their behaviour towards coaches. I think I am the 29th coach since 1990. It’s almost predictable,” Hart explained in a frank interview with Newsday.

Hart’s sacking comes days after national football team doctor Terrence Babwah and physiotherapist Dave Isaac resigned. It was reported in another newspaper that Babwah tendered his resignation due to Hart playing an “injured” goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams against the advice of Babwah. Williams has since denied being injured while Hart said he is still flabbergasted by the claims being made against him.

“We’ve (Babwah) always had a very good professional relationship.

I was dumbstruck on what I read on Monday when I woke up and can’t come to terms with it and I don’t know where it came from,” Hart said.

Does he have any regrets or feels any resentment towards the TTFA? “Not at all. I think under the circumstances and with the tools I was given, I did the best job possible.

I had a wonderful staff, they went above and beyond the call of duty. I was always grateful to the players because they were a fantastic bunch to work with and they endured a lot in order to represent their country.” TT have started the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying on a losing note, falling 0-2 to Costa Rica and 1-3 to Honduras.

Looking back at his time as coach of the national team Hart said it was an enjoyable experience.

“Yes of course (I enjoyed it). We had some good moments and we had some not so good moments but that is the nature of football and it’s not for a lack of trying.” Among his achievements was guiding the national team to the knockout stage at successive Gold Cup competitions with TT even topping their group in 2015.

Hart said he plans to take some time away from football before he decides what is next for him professionally.

“They (TTFA) have made it clear I don’t have a place in TT football. We will see what happens, I have not sat down and take in all of this as yet. I will take a little break, maybe try and see my children and then start to think about that after the Christmas season.” Hart added, “they (TTFA) are moving in a different direction and at this moment I am not part of that and I accept that.” However, the former national team coach says TT can still qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“I continue to maintain I think we have a good chance to push for the fourth position, even the third position considering the results that have happened to the United States.” TT are currently in fifth position on the six-team standings in the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying with the top three teams qualifying automatically and the fourth place finisher going into a playoff.

In an interview on television channel Sportsmax yesterday TTFA president David John-Williams sought to clear the air as to why Hart was sacked. John-Williams explained, “we have zero points from two games. The results in the last couple of games has not gone for TT , including a loss to Martinique that would have prevented us from an automatic qualification for the Gold Cup, we have to go into a playoff. The results for the last year has been really disastrous.

We failed to qualify for Copa Centenario, we just barley made it against Guatemala, we got a hammering in the US and we lost at home to Costa Rica and away to Honduras. The results just have not gone for us.” John-Williams added, “I am on record saying that Stephen Hart is going to be judged by his results in competitive games and not friendly games. World Cup qualifying is a result oriented business and I am on record saying that Stephen Hart is going to be judged by the results on the pitch and the results on the pitch have not been very good.” The TTFA president confirmed that 14 or 15 coaches have been contacted as a replacement for Hart, but they have not narrowed down the list yet.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Foreign coaches lining up after Hart’s firing
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »
Foreign coaches lining up after Hart’s firing
T&T Guardian

Local coaches are not surprised by the decision of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) to sever ties with senior men’s national coach Stephen Hart. Coaches Ron La Forest and Angust Eve explained that all coaches operate in a results-oriented world, but they have also expressed concerns on who the next coach will be.

Hart’s dismissal, among other things, has left concerns over who the T&T Football Association will employ as his replacement and whether they are financially stable to do so. It is expected that his successor could also come from abroad as the Trinidad Guardian has learnt that the TTFA office has been bombarded by calls from coaches from Mexico, England and Germany among other countries enquiring about the top position.

Hart commanded a salary of US$20,000 monthly and is due to collect a handsome departing package of close to TT$3 million, but TTFA is likely to fork out much more if it decides to recruit an international coach, said coaches Ron La Forrest and Angus Eve yesterday.

According to La Forrest, he believes the TTFA has the financial capability to hire an international coach as they receive subventions from the FIFA. “But if the TTFA appoints a local coach, I hope they will surround him with a team of technically strong local coaches such as Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings, Angus Eve, Anton Corneal amd me, to provide much needed assistance” La Forrest said.

Hart was fired for a poor start to the Final Round of the World Cup Qualifiers in which the team was beaten in its opening two matches by Costa Rica 2-0 and Honduras 3-1 which has left them second from bottom on the standings.

La Forrest said while he feels sad for Hart, he believes the TTFA decision was influenced by the USA’s move to sack its coach German Jurgen Klinsman for poor results in their first two matches also and while his overall record is very good, the World Cup qualifiers are most important.

“It is sad, yes, but the job is result-oriented, meaning if you do not get the results necessary, then you will lose your job. That is just how it is,” La Forrest said.

He noted the team’s losing results was a consequence of Hart’s defensive style which prevented the Soca Warriors from capitalising on their home games. Hart’s persistent use of lanky striker Kenwyne Jones was particularly singled out as a major blunder. He pointed out that Hart failed to utilise a more attacking approach and implement a plan ‘B’, adding that while the team was not outclassed by its opponents, it lacked the firepower up front to get goals.

La Forrest, considered one of the country’s most effective strikers, also believes Hart gave his job away by not maintaining the discipline and respect which he commanded when he took over the team.

Meanwhile, Eve, a former national captain, said Hart was a victim of a predictable style of football that became easy for opposing teams to get results from. He pointed out that while the coach did an excellent job in stabilising our game over the years, his career path is one that demands results.

He said, “Hart was not the TTFA’s guy from the start, which has been added to the fact that he has not won a Caribbean Cup in a while, not reached the quarter-final round of the Concacaf Gold Cup and beyond, he has lost two matches in the final round of the World Cup Qualifiers and the USA’s coach was just fired” Eve said.

Since his inception as T&T coach, Hart has led the country to positive results in 28 out of 43 matches, which comprise a second place finish at the Caribbean Cup and the quarter final rounds of the Concacaf Gold Cup. He also did well to take the Soca Warriors to the current Final Round of the qualifiers.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hart not surprised by sacking
« Reply #611 on: November 26, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

FORMER national coach Stephen Hart said his sacking did not come as a surprise, but stated he does not have any hard feelings towards the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association following their decision.

Hart, who served as head coach of the national team for almost three and a half years, was relieved of his duties on Thursday. In a media release on Thursday, the TTFA stated that they, and Hart “have agreed to part ways with immediate effect. This follows a meeting held (hours earlier) between Hart and members of the TT FA Board of Directors.” “Well to be honest there were a lot of rumours around and people called and said they had heard this and they had heard that. As a coach when you have a couple bad results you always feel (you can get fired), especially with the history of the TT Football Association and their behaviour towards coaches. I think I am the 29th coach since 1990. It’s almost predictable,” Hart explained in a frank interview with Newsday.

Hart’s sacking comes days after national football team doctor Terrence Babwah and physiotherapist Dave Isaac resigned. It was reported in another newspaper that Babwah tendered his resignation due to Hart playing an “injured” goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams against the advice of Babwah. Williams has since denied being injured while Hart said he is still flabbergasted by the claims being made against him.

“We’ve (Babwah) always had a very good professional relationship.

I was dumbstruck on what I read on Monday when I woke up and can’t come to terms with it and I don’t know where it came from,” Hart said.

Does he have any regrets or feels any resentment towards the TTFA? “Not at all. I think under the circumstances and with the tools I was given, I did the best job possible.

I had a wonderful staff, they went above and beyond the call of duty. I was always grateful to the players because they were a fantastic bunch to work with and they endured a lot in order to represent their country.” TT have started the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying on a losing note, falling 0-2 to Costa Rica and 1-3 to Honduras.

Looking back at his time as coach of the national team Hart said it was an enjoyable experience.

“Yes of course (I enjoyed it). We had some good moments and we had some not so good moments but that is the nature of football and it’s not for a lack of trying.” Among his achievements was guiding the national team to the knockout stage at successive Gold Cup competitions with TT even topping their group in 2015.

Hart said he plans to take some time away from football before he decides what is next for him professionally.

“They (TTFA) have made it clear I don’t have a place in TT football. We will see what happens, I have not sat down and take in all of this as yet. I will take a little break, maybe try and see my children and then start to think about that after the Christmas season.” Hart added, “they (TTFA) are moving in a different direction and at this moment I am not part of that and I accept that.” However, the former national team coach says TT can still qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“I continue to maintain I think we have a good chance to push for the fourth position, even the third position considering the results that have happened to the United States.” TT are currently in fifth position on the six-team standings in the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying with the top three teams qualifying automatically and the fourth place finisher going into a playoff.

In an interview on television channel Sportsmax yesterday TTFA president David John-Williams sought to clear the air as to why Hart was sacked. John-Williams explained, “we have zero points from two games. The results in the last couple of games has not gone for TT , including a loss to Martinique that would have prevented us from an automatic qualification for the Gold Cup, we have to go into a playoff. The results for the last year has been really disastrous.

We failed to qualify for Copa Centenario, we just barley made it against Guatemala, we got a hammering in the US and we lost at home to Costa Rica and away to Honduras. The results just have not gone for us.” John-Williams added, “I am on record saying that Stephen Hart is going to be judged by his results in competitive games and not friendly games. World Cup qualifying is a result oriented business and I am on record saying that Stephen Hart is going to be judged by the results on the pitch and the results on the pitch have not been very good.” The TTFA president confirmed that 14 or 15 coaches have been contacted as a replacement for Hart, but they have not narrowed down the list yet.
DJW don't make me laugh. If you were in the result oriented business as you claim then you should have fired your buddy steaurt Charles fevere a long time ago when he crashed out of many CCL vs the said hondurans and Costa ricans in competitive game. Poor excuses.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 26, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
Of the 2 coach's who names were mentioned Renee Simoes is the best choice he is write up there with the Panama coach but I believe the last time he was in TT his salary was 50,000 U S a month and TT did not want to pay that money I have never seen Terry Fenwick coach outside the Caribbean so I don't know if he can coach on this level but I have seen Z Vanes coach on this level and he has proven that he can hold his own with any coach in the Concacaf he to would be a good choice for less money.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #613 on: November 26, 2016, 04:45:32 PM »
Of the 2 coach's who names were mentioned Renee Simoes is the best choice he is write up there with the Panama coach but I believe the last time he was in TT his salary was 50,000 U S a month and TT did not want to pay that money I have never seen Terry Fenwick coach outside the Caribbean so I don't know if he can coach on this level but I have seen Z Vanes coach on this level and he has proven that he can hold his own with any coach in the Concacaf he to would be a good choice for less money.

Jamal, you obviously have no sense of the game and it shows... none of the coaches you mentioned is good enough or will bring results.. you and your cabal stuck in the 70s... set of dotish locals who insecure

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA and Hart part ways
« Reply #614 on: November 26, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »
I wonder if crossed KM's mind that his indiscipline played a part in the coach losing his job as he missed 3 key encounters?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 26, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »
I wonder if crossed KM's mind that his indiscipline played a part in the coach losing his job as he missed 3 key encounters?

No way, that would require the ability to accept responsibility for one's actions.  His public statements seem to point in the direction of being the victim.  Only in TT we laud medicority
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 27, 2016, 04:10:05 AM »
I wonder if crossed KM's mind that his indiscipline played a part in the coach losing his job as he missed 3 key encounters?did you ever stop to wonder if he may also have played a conscious part in the sacking process?

Not blaming the lad for anything but he was less than apologetic to hart, not to mention the remarks he made after his dismissal on Twitter where he mentioned about possibly coming back under another coach.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: The Kangaroo Court is in session for Hart
« Reply #617 on: November 27, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »
I predicted this from the beginning.... corrupt ttfa officials sabotaged our campaign..

People think it was Hart and the players, it was ttfa who came in and ruined our chances

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2016, 05:20:54 AM »
Vice-captain Williams says meeting planned with TTFA.
By Garth Wattley (Express).

‘We let coach down’

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s decision to sack national team coach Stephen Hart is not a popular one with the players.

This at least is according to vice-captain Jan-Michael Williams. And as they come to terms with the loss of their coach, the players are seeking to have a meeting with Association officials to resolve a number of matters.

In an interview on radio station I95FM on Saturday, goalkeeper Williams said: “I think we did let the coach down at the end of the day.”

And when asked about who should be the next national team boss, Williams responded this way: “Sometimes it’s not what you want, it’s what you need,” while adding, “if they (the players) had a preference, it would be Stephen Hart.”

Williams also revealed that there are matters that have been affecting team performance. “We have issues,” he said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #619 on: November 28, 2016, 05:23:07 AM »
Hart: Support Red Army.
T&T Express Reports.

Former head coach of the national senior football team Stephen Hart HAS urged local fans to continue supporting the Red Army team, while former Strike Squad skipper Clayton ‘JB’ Morris believes whoever replaces Hart would expose the failures of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) administration.

Hart made the comments during an interview on i95.5 FM Friday when he thanked the TTFA for the opportunity to serve. “I want to thank Mr Tim Kee (former president), Mr (Sheldon) Phillip (ex-General Secretary)…for the opportunity to coach the national team. It’s unfortunate that things were not running as smooth as we all would have liked, but the decision has been made,” Hart said.

He also thanked the public for “all their support. I will say to them, if you pay your money and you go in the stadium, support the players... Make the players feel wanted, all the players, whether you agree with the selection or not.”

Hart also had advice for his successor. “I had a very professional staff, the technical staff, the medical staff, everybody was very professional and I would advise whoever comes in to look deeply into those personnel; my manager was fantastic and to give them an opportunity to continue and to lend their experience that they’ve gathered over three years,” he stressed.

Meanwhile, national Futsal team coach Morris said the focus now turns to the person coming in to replace Hart. “The only thing to help us now is Jesus Christ!,” Morris said, before explaining, “I say that because I believe any top class coming in now will only expose the flaws of the poor administration of the TTFA and football locally. The poor administration more than anything has to improve, because that is what is contributing to the results which the team is experiencing at the moment.”

Morris added that salvaging the current Russia 2018 World Cup campaign will also be a huge task, but added, “I (am) always optimistic as a coach that once there is time on the clock, you still have a chance to win.”

Morris said, though, the challenge is that while the TTFA struggles to settle the coaching issue and while the team is going through a process of adapting to the new coach and his style, the other top teams are proceeding with their World Cup campaign in a more structured and settled manner.

“We are not like Brazil and countries like that who already have a system that is developed from all their youth teams. Now our players are going to probably be meeting up with a new coach with a different philosophy (from Hart) which will require a period of adaptation. The players will probably be a bit confused for a while and time is running out to our next World Cup qualifying matches (March 24 & 26),” Morris said. “I maintain that the results on the field are a reflection of the administration off it,” Morris concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 28, 2016, 09:24:46 AM »
‘We let coach down’
In an interview on radio station I95FM on Saturday, goalkeeper Williams said: “I think we did let the coach down at the end of the day.”

And when asked about who should be the next national team boss, Williams responded this way: “Sometimes it’s not what you want, it’s what you need,” while adding, “if they (the players) had a preference, it would be Stephen Hart.”

Williams also revealed that there are matters that have been affecting team performance. “We have issues,” he said.
Interesting stuff.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »
Hart speaks out ...Says T&T programme not designed for success.
T&T Express Reports.

Recently sacked Trinidad and Tobago head coach, Stephen Hart, says the national programme is badly in need of an administrative upgrade and believes any success the national side achieves will be as a result of “luck”.

In his parting shots after being fired last week, the 56-year-old pointed to several areas in the programme which he said needed a more professional approach.

“I think Trinidad football needs to become way more professional in everything that surrounds the team—from a scientific point of view, from a travel point of view, from a logistics point of view, and just basic planning and funding,” Hart told C Sports Live.

“There's a lot that could be done and any sort of success you have in the present way that we work is rolling dice. It's really luck or fluke, as we would say.”

Hart led T&T for 3-1/2 years, but his tenure ended after the side lost both their opening games of the final round of CONCACAF qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup earlier this month.

They opened their campaign with a 2-0 defeat to Costa Rica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium here before losing 3-1 to Honduras at the Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula a few days later, on November 15.

The results left them one from bottom of the six-team group; but Hart said he had been confident T&T could turn around their form.

“They (TTFA) were not happy with the two World Cup results and even though I had confidence that the players on this team, and with the injection of maybe a few new players... had the capability to turn it around, the association did not see it that way.”

Hart enjoyed several high points during his time in charge of T&T. He twice led them to the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup and also guided them into the final of the 2014 Caribbean Cup, before losing to Jamaica.

Under Hart, T&T enjoyed a good run in the recent semi-finals of the World Cup qualifiers when they lost just once in finishing second in Group C to the United States, in progressing to the final round.

Hart, a former coach of Canada where he currently lives, said he had nothing but good memories of his time in charge of Trinidad and Tobago.

“My staff have been fantastic. The players, it was a joy to work with them and really and truly, I just wish everybody the best of luck in the campaign.”

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:13:37 PM by Flex »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »

'National program need an upgrade in professionalism from the administrative division'. Hmmm so when did I hear this before? Ah boy all meh life

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
Hart is being tight lipped. The TTFA still has to pay him. So he isnt "telling it as it is".

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No Hart
« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
No Hart
T&T Newsday

EDITORIAL: FEW CAN deny that Stephen Hart has been the best national coach since the departure of Dutchman Leo Beenhakker in 2006. “Don Leo” took this nation to the 2006 FIFA World Cup but Hart, two games into the final round of qualifiers for the 2018 Road to Russia, has been fired.

Winless and second-to-last on the table, Hart’s tenure at the helm of local football has been cut short after three years following a string of poor results.

In football, it is the manager that is ultimately responsible for the performance or non-performance of the team. It is easier to change a coach than replace an entire team.

There have been varying opinions on whether the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) erred in sacking Hart, seeking to jump-start a stuttering campaign.

The question though is whether Hart deserved more time to turn things around or whether another individual can weave a bit of magic as Beenhakkker did 11 years ago after replacing Bertille St Clair.

Hart’s achievements seem to indicate that he was the best man for the job. Qualifying for the knockout stage in back-to-back Gold Cups is no easy feat, neither is topping a group which includes CONCACAF powerhouse Mexico.

In his term as coach, Hart has registered 16 wins, nine draws and 18 losses. Eight of those defeats came this year and Hart will feel there are mitigating circumstances to explain those defeats. The indiscretions of players — partying when they should be in camp (Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones and Mekeil Williams) brought questions as to the discipline of the team under Hart. Molino was eventually suspended for two matches last month which just happened to coincide with the hexagonal stage of World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica (0-2) and Honduras (1-3) which TT both lost.

The rise of attacking midfielder Keron Cummings under Hart last year eased the blow of Molino’s absence due to injury, and the 28-year-old, nicknamed “Ball Pest”, grabbed the opportunity with both hands. But Cummings would play zero matches for this country in 2016 owing to a gunshot wound to his leg suffered early on the morning of December 27, 2015, after returning from a boat ride.

Hart’s scouts identified former England Under-17 captain, John Bostock, as someone who would alleviate his midfield woes, but FIFA red tape as well as Bostock pulling out of the last qualifier against Honduras after finally getting FIFA clearance left Hart without creative central midfielders.

The 56-year-old former Canada coach has always been able to get results with little resources but looked to have been backed into a corner this time.

Indiscipline suddenly creeping into the team, failing to qualify for the Copa America Centenario competition, missing out on automatic Gold Cup qualification, beaten in the first two World Cup qualifiers, Hart was living on the edge and the TTFA has decided to pull the plug on his project.

It is interesting to note that several players have spoken out about their admiration for their former coach, feeling they have let him down by their performances. Their utterances only solidify the widely held belief that coaches are judged by their recent results. Against Honduras, TT looked lost especially in defence, which does not bode well for competitive football.

Down 2-0 in less that 20 minutes away from home, there was only going to be one outcome.

Against Costa Rica, the Soca Warriors appeared tentative and unwilling to take the risk of going for victory. Their limp effort resulted in a 2-0 defeat.

Although Hart has done tremendous work in bringing TT football back to relevance, the TTFA can hardly be admonished for feeling a change is needed to get the 2018 World Cup campaign on track.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:05 PM »
No Hart
T&T Newsday

EDITORIAL: FEW CAN deny that Stephen Hart has been the best national coach since the departure of Dutchman Leo Beenhakker in 2006.

Wim wasn't bad eedah
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »
No Hart
T&T Newsday

EDITORIAL: FEW CAN deny that Stephen Hart has been the best national coach since the departure of Dutchman Leo Beenhakker in 2006.

Wim wasn't bad eedah
Wim bad talk we culture, so people doh like giving Wim props.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 02, 2016, 04:40:16 AM »
Wim got the job when Jack was in charge. The  blacklisting of players by Jack for the GC right after the 2006 WC was Wim downfall. He never recovered. He was fustrated with the way things were going, and the unfortunate confrontation with LP, did not help either.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:43:38 AM by Deeks »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »
Wim got the job when Jack was in charge. The  blacklisting of players by Jack for the GC right after the 2006 WC was Wim downfall. He never recovered. He was fustrated with the way things were going, and the unfortunate confrontation with LP, did not help either.

Wim was a good coach who was able to get results with limited resources and I believe he got shafted by Jack and company. However, in hindsight, I think he was also an ass (see confrontation with LP, badtalking our culture, and waitress comments) which made it easy to get rid of him and will likely make it hard for him to be hired here again.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »

Wim was a good coach who was able to get results with limited resources and I believe he got shafted by Jack and company. However, in hindsight, I think he was also an ass (see confrontation with LP, badtalking our culture, and waitress comments) which made it easy to get rid of him and will likely make it hard for him to be hired here again.

But we like bacchanal so don't be surprised....

1]; } ?>